Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Guide Lines of Hentai Game discussion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide Lines of Hentai Game discussion

(1) For those of you who haven't gotten around to reading Site Announcements or checking out Site Support, File Sharing is disabled and not accessable.

For a brief summary, visit this thread:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...pdate-9-30-11)

Contrary to anything you may have heard, there is NO way to gain access. Accumulationg thirty posts will not help you. Joining a club or group will not help you. Becoming a Donor/Linker/VIP will not help you. Accumulating reputation points or asking for staff invitations will not help you. Short of becoming a site admin, there is no way to get in and this will probably not change any time soon. When it does change, we will announce it. Believe me, we would love to give you the news you want to hear. But until we find a viable solution that does not threaten the site's existence, our options are quite limited.

(2) About downloads and linking. Please do NOT post torrents or DDL links to commercial material, nor links to pages where such files may be downloaded. And please do not request such links or files. Any post disregarding this will be deleted on sight and infractions may be awarded at staff's discretion. Note that game modding and similar noncommercial activities are an exception to this. Mods/patches/etc. may be posted in the appropriate threads as usual.

(3) Google (Or whatever your search engine of choice might be.) is your friend. This should need no explanation.

For feedback and questions, please post in the thread in the main Hentai Discussion index.

ja ne
    Last edited by TheShadow; 06-18-2017, 03:36 PM.

Thanks for SoftwareGuy for his Awesome Guide Lines

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!

Here at HongFire, we appreciate your community input. However, this category, Hentai Game Discussion has become a bit of a mess, mainly from low-post-count members making multiple threads related to one game. I'm not backseat moderating, just giving helpful pointers to anyone who is new to the HongFire H Discussion. I decided to help out make newcomers feel a little more welcome, and also help out various members/mods to make life easier (see Stormwing's sig: Use search before you post, etc).

1. Please use the search before you post.
    Don't start new threads just because you think you're special. That is wasteful of both bandwidth and clutters the database. For example, if you're having problems with your GPU in a game, you would search "<game> graphics issue" or something like that to see if others have had the same issue. If there are no results, or you have searched and no results matched your issue, then you may make a new thread with a subject like "<game name> Graphics Issues", etc.

Repeated non-searchers may be warned by the moderators for cluttering up threads with questions already answered.

2. Use nice and simple thread titles.
    DO NOT PUT "HELP ME!!!!!111111" or "PLZZZZZ HALP ME I AM DYING FOR THIS ECCHI GAME!!!11111" or just "OMG NEWGAME!". That's just stupid. My suggestions would be "Help requested in the game X", "Has anyone else had issues running Y?" or "What's this new game?". There is a difference. If you have more than issue, merge them all into one thread and label it "My 'Game X' Issues". That way, it's easier to find and curious people will be thankful that all your issues are in one place, not 5 zillion threads.

3. Use the apporiate thread.
    'nuff said.

4. Do not post unrelated material in threads.
    You may make comparisons, etc but don't be a total idiot and put My Little Pony content in a Artificial Girl 3 thread. Seriously - if it was a pony game, it would be Artificial Pony 3. Oh gawd, get me the eyebleach.

5. Respect others.
    Everyone has their own opinion. YOU MUST RESPECT THAT. Failure to do so will result in possible minus rep and also a warning. If someone's opinion upsets you, simply forget what has been said and move on. DO NOT make a war saying "Oh waah waah, X upset me you suck X". You're just throwing a tank of fuel onto a campfire. If you have a problem, use the report post button!

6. Thank others.
    If something helped you, give them a thanks either by pressing the 'thanks!' button or a +1 rep. It makes their day much better and also lets them know that people appreciate their work.

7. Keep active.
    We frown upon people who make one post and then leave thinking that we don't like them. That's not the case. So, join the crowd, grab a beer from the pub and spill the beans.
    Even if you're lurking around (ie. observing), don't be shy to express your thoughts - like "Hm, this looks interesting, what is it going to be like?" etc.

8. Final Semi-final dot point.
    Moderators, Admins and all that jazz have the final say. If you get the admins/mods offside, you will be kicked off HongFire until the admins think you've learnt your lesson. So be warned, play fair and post carefully - HongFire does have a minefield, ya know.

9. Read the site announcements and the stickies before asking for downloads or about the famous "no privilege to enter" issue.
    If something is wrong with the link you used, chances are that in the Announcement section there's already an explanation for that. In this case, there is. There's also a sticky in the Hentai Games Discussion section that explains it. Look for it before posting the n-bilion "WHERE IZ THA LINX?!?!?!?" thread.

Comment

Working...
    X