Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

World of Whorecraft The Chronicles of Alexstrasza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Whorecraft The Chronicles of Alexstrasza

Hi i search the now avaible beta of the game world of whorecraft the chronicles of alexstrasza
    this is the homepage:
    http://annayseult.blogspot.com/

Hey, nice work with that game of yours. Just a quick question. I skimmed through some of your comments on your blogspot and i'm not sure if i have misread something but are you REALLY considering to abandon DX9? I surely hope you won't because it would be kind of bad towards all those people who still stick to XP for whatever reason (myself included). Well, i just hope you can find a good solution for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
      Unless you don't want to disclose your PayPal email, full name and address to some dubious Russian developer/organization ofc...
      Yeah, they will rape you when you're sleeping /facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
        Unless you don't want to disclose your PayPal email, full name and address to some dubious Russian developer/organization ofc...
        This comment is relavent to my interests.

Anyways, this game looks like it has potential that will never be fully realized. I mean the thought of being a sexy dragon-lady and getting taken to poundtown by city guards sounds pretty shibby. I just don't see a full game being developed by amateurs without A.Blizzard getting wind of it, or most likely B. Authors lose interest or means to complete it. But hey, I've been wrong before

Comment

Looks like she's released the beta for general download - so anyone can check it out. It forces a Microsoft .NET Framework 4 install (and a reboot), and installs the Unreal Development Kit (32bit DX9). THEN I had to apply a Windows Update because of the new .NET install... Grrr...

After all that, it crashed when I tried to launch the game. I never did get the game to start. Oh, well. I gave up after about 40 minutes.
          Last edited by garce; 12-28-2011, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Garce, You can try openning UDK.exe with the command line. Once the command line is open, you must write: cd C:\UDK\WhoreCraft\Binaries\Win32 then press enter. Then type UDK.exe -silent. It worked for me. Mind you it is extremely slow on my PC so it wasn't worth playing.

Comment

Well there is no content in the beta so you can just look at the graphics. When starting don't click anywhere until splash screen is gone because then it crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by rougetaal View Post
                Garce, You can try openning UDK.exe with the command line. Once the command line is open, you must write: cd C:\UDK\WhoreCraft\Binaries\Win32 then press enter. Then type UDK.exe -silent. It worked for me. Mind you it is extremely slow on my PC so it wasn't worth playing.
                Thanks for the tip. I'll try that when I decide to install it again.

Comment

Is parody a valid legal defense in the case of this work?

Comment

Originally posted by GmanPrimeX View Post
                    Is parody a valid legal defense in the case of this work?
                    Absolutely.

Comment

Absolutely not. Parodies have to somehow comment on the original work, not just copy and reuse its parts.
                      http://dargothtranslations.wordpress.com/
                      Violated Hero series + other translations

Comment

Let's play Learn Your Copyright Facts!

She, of course, can not sell this game for profit unless she has the proper licensing by Blizzard and the makers of the Unreal Engine. HOWEVER, she is absolutely allowed to either:

A: Release the game for free and beg for donations on her site, or;

B: Offer the game as incentive for donating to her site.

Copyright laws can be tricky, and your odds of slipping around certain rules depends greatly on the ruthlessness of the copyright holders. It's a sensitive issue that needs to be carefully stepped around, as you may be completely within your rights to give a game as a donation incentive, yet wind up in a legal shit-storm over the way you word (or fail to word) things.

So long as she carefully states that the game is FREE, and donations are in no way payment for the game (yet it just so happens that she generously gives copies of said free game to donors only), then that's a good enough loophole to work with. And if Blizzard tries to take action against her, she has a LOT of wiggle room to get out of any lawsuits.

Comment

I heard of projects being made from scratch that were intended to be given away for free yet would get a cease & desist order from the IP owner (if they got the money for these lawsuits, like Nintendo or Blizzard). The one that comes to mind was a group of fans wanting to make a spin-off game to the "King's Quest" franchise (an old graphic adventure game series), but Activision taking down the project when it neared completion. But I also seen Gameloft's games rip-off Blizzard games in the past to be sold on the Iphone or Android store, such as "Order & Chaos Online" or "Starfront: Collision".

I haven't tried this game yet, but it does seem like she put in quite a bit of work and it would be a shame to see this project go down so early. However, she did get herself in this "frying pan and fire" situation by mimicking such as recognizable IP.

Comment

Is her website down? Can't access it now...

Comment

Originally posted by Silvar View Post
                              I heard of projects being made from scratch that were intended to be given away for free yet would get a cease & desist order from the IP owner
                              Chrono Trigger 3D remake, anyone?
                              My first act as Emperor of Earth would be to ban all fat, ugly, old, bald men from appearing in doujin/manga/eroge.
                              My second act as Emperor of Earth would be to abdicate my position as Emperor of Earth.

Comment

his blog only down his page is up

Comment

Working...
                                X