Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[RPG Maker VX] The Way Home v.13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mando
    started a topic [RPG Maker VX] The Way Home v.13

[RPG Maker VX] The Way Home v.13

Hello there Hongfire,

I'd like to present you all with a game that I have been working on. So without further ado
    http://www.mediafire.com/?e66bi9lmucv0ccn

The basic premise is that the main character woke up in a strange world and must make the journey home. On the way he makes friends, woos ladies, and fights bad guys. Unlike most RPG Maker games this game is more about exploration than anything else, so while there is a main storyline you are more than encouraged to leave the beaten path.

Obviously what is posted is incomplete and subject to change. Of particular note is the CGs, which are temporary. I plan to replace them if I get an artist.

So this is the part where you potentially come in. I am in need of a team, specifically writers and artists. So if you are interested just shoot me a PM or post in here.

Thanks, and I hope you all enjoy the game.

Spoiler
    Last edited by Mando; 01-16-2012, 12:06 PM.

• codered999
    replied
    Why'd you stop working of The Way Home and Tarot Quest? I enjoyed what I played and am just curious why you stopped working on them both.

Leave a comment:

• Mando
    replied
    Wow, I can't believe this thread is still "alive".
    This game is very very dead. Sorry.
    I started working on a second game "Tarot Quest" if you want to try it out.
    http://www.legendofkrystal.com/forum...hp?f=35&t=2190
    Heads up I've pretty much stopped working on that as well.

Leave a comment:

• iamvqb
    replied
    Originally posted by moonblack View Post
    Well, I guess I'll be the bringer of bad news:

The date of the quoted post is 14th February 2012, and the link for v 0,14 is: http://www.mediafire.com/?229o9zistfs161l
    When you start a new game with this, your character's lvl is 99. Which make it impossible to lose the wolf. Also means that you will lose a member if you start a new game. And the old saved doesn't work as well. I love the buff but this is just too much.

Leave a comment:

• moonblack
    replied
    Well, I guess I'll be the bringer of bad news:
    Originally posted by mando
    Hey guys, I uploaded the most recent version I have. Hope you guys have fun with it. Let me know if there are any huge problems.

Honestly I think I'm going to be done with this project. It started as a way for me to learn RPG Maker VX, and I think that shows in the gameplay, story, etc. But yea, I'm at the end of my rope on this one. If someone wants to pick up where I left off and improve/change it feel free too. Just PM me asking for the files.

But yea, keep an eye out. Once VX Ace comes out I've got some ideas for a new project, so hopefully this won't be the last you see of me.
    The date of the quoted post is 14th February 2012, and the link for v 0,14 is: http://www.mediafire.com/?229o9zistfs161l

Leave a comment:

• 2095conash
    replied
    I personally at this point would consider a project 'dead' at this point since the developer has been to the site not even a couple of weeks ago yet hasn't posted in this thread for 9 months. I could be wrong, but I generally consider projects 'cancelled' or 'dropped' quite awhile before this point. But hey, I thought that Bonehead was dropped and then Regless posted in that thread to say he was still working on it despite being quite, so Mando could also still be working on this but I personally doubt it....

You could try getting in contact with them to see if they're working on it and if not ask if they could potentially release a version that isn't encrypted so that someone else could work on it. Iunno if they'd be okay with that, but it's an idea.

Leave a comment:

• neopriest
    replied
    Hope Mando is still working on the game since it has a good concept , beginning to worry a bit since he has not given us any news

Leave a comment:

• NekoKnight
    replied
    so far so good im enjoy it

Leave a comment:

• 2095conash
    replied
    Originally posted by bts View Post
    the only scenes i don't have are 9 and 25. 25 everyone is saying they don't have either. but some of you are implying that you have 9. anyone know what it is? also, in the recall screen, i only get text saying "i remember this" or something, without replaying the scenes. is this the same for everyone?

i noticed that there's a green haired girl in the 2nd "box" of the inn in the first city, when standing outside the in. the door that leads there is locked. maybe i missed something there? no matter what i do i can't get it to work. i also did not get a quest from the mayor. i tried talking to everyone in the city again and nothing happens. was there a scene tied to the mayor's quest and what was the quest about? the only other npc that might look like i missed is that lady in the cemetary, all she says is "...". ty
    I feel a bit iffy posting so close to one month after you made your post.... which is about a month after the previous one which is about a month after the previous one, so real sorry if I'm necro-ing here, but I will answer your questions bts. I have managed to use magic to identify that scene 25 is unobtainable, it is an angel scene as I suspected, however there is no way to obtain it. Scene 9 and the person in the 'second box' in the inn are directly related, this game has a sort of 'balcony' dialogue feature (just like in stores you can talk to people behind counters, you can talk to people in balconies, or 'boxes'), stand in front of her as best you can, hit A, you'll talk, she'll go into her room and unlock the door, you go in, talk to her, and you'll get a scene, and since you have all the other scenes, this must be the one that you're missing. The 'I remember this' text is there for everyone for certain scenes, the game doesn't have all of them programmed in there.

Hope that helps and my month delay in responding hasn't left this post useless.

Leave a comment:

• bts
    replied
    the only scenes i don't have are 9 and 25. 25 everyone is saying they don't have either. but some of you are implying that you have 9. anyone know what it is? also, in the recall screen, i only get text saying "i remember this" or something, without replaying the scenes. is this the same for everyone?

i noticed that there's a green haired girl in the 2nd "box" of the inn in the first city, when standing outside the in. the door that leads there is locked. maybe i missed something there? no matter what i do i can't get it to work. i also did not get a quest from the mayor. i tried talking to everyone in the city again and nothing happens. was there a scene tied to the mayor's quest and what was the quest about? the only other npc that might look like i missed is that lady in the cemetary, all she says is "...". ty
    Last edited by bts; 07-19-2012, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• neopriest
    replied
    Any updates and do you have a blog that we could keep our selfs on track with? =)

Leave a comment:

• MrTTAO
    replied
    Originally posted by greg75 View Post
    I've tried the game and it's very interesting and funny...
    I think I'm stuck: I've found the 9 orbs but I can't find no more the elemental who asked me to collect them... someone can help me pls?
    In the 3rd or 4th town what I've to do in order to get the ship? The captain always says that they're no leaving and I've not enougth money to change that... but I've 50000...
    neither feature is finished yet

Leave a comment:

• greg75
    replied
    I've tried the game and it's very interesting and funny...
    I think I'm stuck: I've found the 9 orbs but I can't find no more the elemental who asked me to collect them... someone can help me pls?
    In the 3rd or 4th town what I've to do in order to get the ship? The captain always says that they're no leaving and I've not enougth money to change that... but I've 50000...

Leave a comment:

• neopriest
    replied
    You needed the orbs for the final word in the elemental plane, so you could get back to the mountain.

Leave a comment:

• LTLuckyDonut
    replied
    Hmmm, So Im missing the Angel scene (thanks to 2095conash for earlier) plus are there only 9 orbs in total? and why did I have to capture the orbs again?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X