Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

RPG Maker Antigrind script I made

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Maker Antigrind script I made

All those grindy RPG maker games are giving me RSI, to deal with all the random encounters I was looking for a program to let me hold a button (space) and translate it into repeated clicks (to just attack attack attack wth all units). I found the open source program called auto hotkey. http://www.autohotkey.com/
    It needs a script, I taught myself how to script in it (took a couple of hours with the debugging) and I wrote one. (it was NOT easy, had to find an undocumented aspect of the send function to work with RPG maker as well as using the correct delay command and other issues)

0. Install auto hotkey, associate with ahk files.
    1. Make a new notepad file, rename it from New File.txt to something.ahk
    I call it "Enter Toggle.ahk"
    2. copy paste in it the following code and save it.
    Code:
    #MaxThreadsPerHotkey 3
    F4::            ; tilde is the hotkey
    SetKeyDelay ,10,10
    #MaxThreadsPerHotkey 1
    if KeepWinZRunning    ; This means an underlying thread is already running the loop below.
    {
        KeepWinZRunning := false  ; Signal that thread's loop to stop.
        return  ; End this thread so that the one underneath will resume and see the change made by the line above.
    }
    ; Otherwise:
    KeepWinZRunning := true
    Loop    
    {
        ; The next four lines are the action you want to repeat (update them to suit your preferences):
        Send, {Enter}
        Sleep 50
        ; But leave the rest below unchanged.
        if not KeepWinZRunning  ; The user signaled the loop to stop by pressing space again.
                break  ; Break out of this loop.
    }
    KeepWinZRunning := false  ; Reset in preparation for the next press of this hotkey.
    return
    3. Double click that ahk file when you want to play to run autohotkey with that script.
    4. Press F4 to enable/disable rapid (20 per second) Enter presses.
    5. Enjoy faster combats.

PS. if modifying the code from F4, keep in mind that a lot of keys are reserved, for example F5 and F1.

Tested to work with many RPG Maker games as well as Rance 2 The Rebelling Maidens
    Last edited by MrTTAO; 05-28-2012, 01:48 PM.
    List of Free & English community made RPGs (RPG Maker or similar)
    RPG Maker Antigrind script

Thank you for the script. I tried macromaker but i am very noob, but this wroks fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Meerclar View Post
      Thank you for the script. I tried macromaker but i am very noob, but this wroks fine.
      Glad to hear it helped someone.
      List of Free & English community made RPGs (RPG Maker or similar)
      RPG Maker Antigrind script

Comment

Using a similar script for quite some time now, mostly to skip unwanted walls of text though.

Comment

I use autokeyboard.

Achieves the same effect, but requires no scripting knowledge (which means it may be less flexible).
          Just type in a sequence of commands (key presses, mouse clicks/movements, etc), bind it to a key, hit OK and you're ready to go.

Obviously, if it's for RPG maker games and any sort of activity that involves hitting the same key forever, flexibility is not an issue.
          Attached Files
          Mod Tools: Quick XX | Quick MDL Decompiler | Yuusha Rename | Yuusha Loader | GUI Plst Tool

3D Tools Sanae 3D | Noesis XX Plugin

Characters: Esk (Eskmate)

Comment

Working...
          X