Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Lilium Union Translation Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilium Union Translation Project

So, after much messing around with RPGMaker Trans so that it can actually translate VX games, I've finally gotten to a point where I can release a partially translated Lilium Union. This is a *patch*, so you will require the original game. While the patch targets the latest version, it will also work on any previous version, although some lines may be untranslated in this case.

Screenshots (some translations now outdated)

Download link: Assembla Mega Dropbox

Instructions: First grab RPGMaker Trans from http://rpgmakertrans.bitbucket.org/ . [COLOR="#FF0000"] then grab the patch, and then just use RPGMaker Trans and patch away!

Also: If you use saves from the Japanese version of the game, Laurel's name will remain in Japanese, because character names are stored inside the save file.

What's translated: Quite a lot. The majority of the content from the demo remains translated, so the first chapter of the game (although I know, for example, some of Katarina's lines are no longer translated). I've also translated a handful of other things, mostly at random. Finally, the main draw would be that *every* item, skill, enemy, menu should be translated, so I believe this counts as a "partial" translation. Note however this targets the latest version of the game. If you use an earlier version, your mileage may vary.

What's the plan going forward: I will be translating everything in this game. The plan is to first do all maps/story events, and then start on H-events.

Credits:
    NewMoonLabel - The original game!
    Habisain - Translating, Translated Graphics, RPGMaker Trans
    Dargoth - Typing up text from Monsters1-3 and Monster** to help translation

Misc:
    If you want to keep up to date with progress, probably the best place to look is this Assembla activity feed

Translation Notes:
    Spoiler

Changes from the original

There's a couple of minor enhancements:

Days of the Week

The days, when literally translated are as follows:

Day of the Moon
    Day of the Fire Dragon
    Day of the Water Source
    Day of the Tree Spirit
    Day of the Golden Thread
    Day of the Earthen Clod
    Day of the Sun

None of these really work in English, I think. Having to specify
    "Day of the" is problematic. So instead, I've turned to mythology,
    specifically Godesses - they seemed appropriate given that Lilium
    Union seems to have an exclusively female cast.

Lunas Day -> Luna is the roman Moon Goddess
    Brighids Day -> Brighid is a Celtic goddess of many things, but whose
    tribute is fire. Finding a Goddess of Fire was quite challenging.
    Tethys Day -> Tethys is the Greek goddess who is the mother of all
    rivers.
    Druantias Day -> Druantia is a celtic goddess associated with trees
    Copias Day -> Copia is the Roman Goddess of wealth and plenty
    Gaias Day -> Gaia is the Greek goddess of the earth.
    Sols Day -> Sol is the Norse goddess of the Sun (also Roman Sun god)

Note that for any full version translation, these names might have to
    be changed (if one of the new names introduces consistency issues in
    the full game).
    Last edited by habisain; 08-05-2015, 10:57 AM. Reason: Partial translation v1
    Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

Tagging this, because hell yes. Much appreciated, habisain.
    HirotonoRei: Editor goon who tries to make Harem a better game.

http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice work on the translation.

I'm curious though, what program(s) did you use to decrypt/edit the game files? Did you only have to edit it the RPG Maker VX project file directly and manually change all of the text? I am curious because there is a few RPG Maker games that I would like to translate myself. Any information as to how would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Comment

This is actually the beta of RPGMaker VX support in my RPGMaker Trans software (see http://habisain.blogspot.co.uk for more info). Doing the translation threw up a few bugs, and I'm hoping that by putting this translation out there I can unearth any more bugs that might be lurking, and get all bugs fixed up before I include VX support in the main version.
        Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

Comment

Post the monster encyclopedia pages and I'll type them up for you.
          http://dargothtranslations.wordpress.com/
          Violated Hero series + other translations

Comment

Much obliged! The monster manual pages can be found here <not needed now, so link removed>
            Last edited by habisain; 01-14-2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

1. テツジン (Iron man)
              ゴネリルがどこからか持ってきた戦闘訓練用に改造された結晶兵士。
              腹部に責め具が収納されている。
              本来図鑑へ登録されない魔物だが、ゴネリルのいう”ズル”によって回想の間に記されることになった。

2. 青枝ゼラチン (Blue branch slime?)
              森の中、特に樹の上を住処とするスライム系の魔物の一種。
              樹皮や樹液を主食としているため、この魔物が繁殖した森は壊滅的な被害を受けることも少なくない。
              女性を襲うのは魔物の本能ゆえか。
              取得品:腐枝の粘菌 (Drops: Rotten branch slime mold)

3. オブシディアン (Obsidian?)
              輝く触手をコアに持つ大型粘菌塊。
              大きな体は物理攻撃への耐性が高くその膂力は大木も軽くなぎ倒す。
              魔法使い以外が打倒するためには相応の準備が必要だが、弱点がはっきりしているため対処は容易。
              取得品:粘液核

4. 蒼き月光に揺蕩う闇 (Darkness that drifts about on the pale moonlight?)
              淫魔になりそこねた多くの淫霊が月の青い光と夜の闇に溶け出して意思を持った、群体のような魔物。
              非常に強力な上に存在が希薄なため滅することは出来ないとされている。
              主人からも非常に恐れられている。
              取得品:???

Comment

Excellent! As you seem uncertain (if that's what your question marks mean), your translations of the names are about what I got - albeit mostly a little different in the actual game (for the reasons: a) Iron Man is heroic/bland depending on if you know comics, so I left it at Tetsujin, b) Blue Branch Slime is Tree Hugging Blue Slime, because the game specifies it as a tree parasite and c) 蒼き月光に揺蕩う闇 is far too long in English for a monster game, and due to a typo on my part when transliterating I ended up calling it "Moonlit Kami"... methinks I'll correct that.)

When I get a chance, I'll make some monster manual pages (I won't be cleaning the original images because I'm no good at cleaning images - I'll just cheat like I did on the day indicator) and get a new patch out. Hopefully Wednesday/Thursday-ish.
                Last edited by habisain; 01-14-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

When it comes to cleaning images, Photoshop's content aware fill is magic. Just draw a box around the Japanese text, delete, content aware fill, type in English. It's fairly painless.

Comment

Something like that might be possible, but it won't be just a simple "drag around box" because there's a lot of non-trivial detail in the background (the circle, the English words) that has to be preserved. My understanding of the techniques that are used is that it samples a "clean" area from around the pixels to reconstruct, and then synthesizes a texture that matches. Probably not much good in a low resolution image with lots of detail to reconstruct, but I'll give it a go none the less - assuming I can get access to a version of Photoshop (I don't use pirated software as a rule, so that could be tricky).

I'm still leaning to making a mask or something similar that makes it easier to read though. The grey noise background is not easy to read text off of.

Comment

Ah, yeah that English background text is problematic.

This is what you can do in 15 seconds though: http://imgur.com/igdbk

Comment

As I feared, that actually looks quite a bit worse than when I tried out The Gimps Resynthesizer (the thing that Adobe based the technique off of, by the look of it). Resynthesizer doesn't produce that awful looking angled ridge in the background. I'll try giving it another go tomorrow, using a bit more detail, but I've still leaning towards making some kind of "page mask" for the entire thing.

Comment

I just downloaded the demo, I don't know yet how important are the days of the week, but I wanted to point out that in english the days are already tied to mythology. It's hard to see with the english days because they use a mostly irish and ol'englishe ethymology rather that a straight latin one, but the french days are much closer to their latin counterpart :
                          Lundi (lunae dies : day of the Moon), Mardi (martis dies : day of Mars), Mercredi (mercurri dies : day of Mercury), Jeudi (Juvis dies : day of Jupiter), Vendredi (Veneris dies : day of Venus), Samedi (sambati dies : day of the sabbath), Dimanche (domini dies : day of the Lord).

It's pretty much the same thing in english (Monday = day of the moon, tuesday = day of Tyr (a war god like Mars, the japanese version also refers to Mars and fire), saturday obviously refers to Saturn, wednesday to Wodin (germanic equivalent of Mercury), thursday to Thor (Jupiter), and friday to Frigg (instead of Venus)), they refer directly to a latin god or to a norse god (who will be the "equivalent" of the latin one).

So, actually, I think you might be able to use english names for the days without much trouble, unless it's really needed for the translation to specify each element for each day, but maybe it will give you some idea on how to have a single word rather than two.

EDIT :
                          Played the demo. Haven't seen anything wrong with the translation and it made me discover a really fun game, looking forward the complete translation.
                          Last edited by Knoloa; 01-15-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by habisain View Post
                            I'll try giving it another go tomorrow, using a bit more detail, but I've still leaning towards making some kind of "page mask" for the entire thing.
                            Do what makes you happy, but I don't think a single person is going to care or even notice if something that minor looks a little off. Put your effort into the important parts and don't sweat the small details. That's cool that The Gimp can do a better job than Photoshop at context filling though. I haven't used that program in over a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Knoloa View Post
                              I just downloaded the demo, I don't know yet how important are the days of the week, but I wanted to point out that in english the days are already tied to mythology. It's hard to see with the english days because they use a mostly irish and ol'englishe ethymology rather that a straight latin one, but the french days are much closer to their latin counterpart
                              Yep, I know that; I'm well steeped in mythology (incidentally, if you're interested in this type of thing have a look here - it contains a a direct link between Japanese names of weekdays to the Latin derived ones we use). The problem is that the days of the week mentioned in the Japanese version are not the normal Japanese days of the week, but a little derivative. E.g. 火竜曜日 (Day of the Fire Drake) in Lilium Union vs 火曜日 (Day of Fire) as the actual Japanese for Tuesday. Because the gods that correspond to our English days of the week, whilst typically being associated with the same planets corresponding to the Japanese week, don't really correspond with the names of the days of the Week in Lilium Union (e.g. Tyr is a Justice god, and doesn't really match a Fire Drake), I opted for a different pantheon and had a little fun with making it all female. Overall though, I don't think the days of the week are that important. Nice to hear you enjoyed it though.

Originally posted by Dargoth View Post
                              Do what makes you happy, but I don't think a single person is going to care or even notice if something that minor looks a little off. Put your effort into the important parts and don't sweat the small details. That's cool that The Gimp can do a better job than Photoshop at context filling though. I haven't used that program in over a decade.
                              A page mask is also much easier on me, which is the main reason I'm leaning towards it. Rather than having to clean every image, I just stamp the mask on the top and job done. I do know that people don't really notice the cleaning aspects though - if you look carefully, you'll see I made a complete and utter failure in cleaning the Clues about Senpai book - fortunately, it's mostly hidden by the text.

EDIT: Well, this took like 10 minutes to make, and takes a little over a second to place onto one of the monster manual images. All done in Inkscape, so it's also really easy to edit the text in a nice, consistent way. It might get tweaked a little before I put it into the patch, as I need to check that the box is the right size for the bigger monsters and everything, but overall I think it looks pretty nice.

EDIT2: I've finalised the mask (barring any stupid mistakes), but before updating the patch I'm making a few corrections to the translation (nothing major). The plan is for version 1.1 to be released at the weekend.
                              Last edited by habisain; 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X