Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Renfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renfield

Click image for larger version

Name:	RenBanner.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	5797660

We're finally live on DLSite Maniax.
    They expect to release it on the English sister site in about two weeks.
    In that time we can get to work on our first major updates.
    What does everyone want to see? The sky's the limit.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KleptoLizard; 06-05-2017, 02:47 AM.
    Renfield

Hello! Glad to see someone making a new H-RPG!

I downloaded and tried the demo. As far as I played, I can say that I got terribly lost in that TextRPG-like maze. I can't say I don't like it, but it's an outdated method nowadays. It's easy to get lost, and unless you make a map it will take a loooot of time to get used to. You could make a quick jump option so if you get lost you can always come back to the starting point, or use a more complex system that can make locating yourself easier. There's no hidden loot in any rooms I passed through, so exploring doesn't have much point so far. There are a lot of good alternatives for the system, but I don't want to get into that much detail.

The graphics are alright, but you should take out the white background on the battlers. It's not that hard using a program like Gimp or Photoshop. Some sex images are stretched and doesn't look good too, you'd have to either choose better images or adapt them so they don't look like a rushed work. Again, easy to make with some basic skills with the earlier programs. Still I liked how you sticked to a single artist for most images, it makes it look better than a mix up of various styles (cheers for that).

About the sex scenes, I like how the dialogue is random, it makes it more interesing. Still they are quite rushed and fast, but since you can gain skills it's interesing to keep doing it. Adding a little more interaction may be important, or it will become boring fast. Playing as a female character doesn't have much point so far too, since you can't capture anybody and there's is no goal (as a male, it would be capturing all the pretty ladies).

The battle system is hard. Having easy and hard oponents walking around is exciting, but saving enough money to buy a weapon is an impossible task (if you don't save the game each time you hit the dungeon). Having a place in the safe dungeon to save the money you have in hand would come very, very handy, so you can save it and avoid losing it in a fight. Making the prices for basic items cheaper may help a lot too, or making the gold reward a little higher to make up with it.

Ah, one thing. The way you are importing the charas is wrong, since you use the black colour as transparent (or invisible), and the character sprite looks weird. A simple mistake but more easy to fix.

How does the pregnancy system works? I didn't have a lot of time to test it, but it's an interesing feature and I'd like to know more about it. I impregnated some of the captured girls (I like how hard and random it is). It would be nice if the results doesn't show right away, and after impregnating there's nothing more to do?

There are some things I could say, but so far I liked how the project is aimed. After some more work on it you may end up with something awesome. Keep going on it and if you need some advice don't fear to ask.

Good luck!

EDIT:
    I played around a little more and the slaves girls started to give birth in the right order. Quite nice! Only one bug, if Kasumi is the one giving birth, the message will apear while exploring and saying "you gave birth" even if you play as a man. I wonder how will this game evolve in the future
    Last edited by lukenukeas; 01-12-2014, 08:26 PM. Reason: One more note

Comment

thats great man i will play it ,i just get bored with this engine cause all games always have a female protagonist
      this is enlightment keep up the update

Comment

"if Kasumi is the one giving birth, the message will apear while exploring and saying "you gave birth" even if you play as a man."
        LOL
        That needs to be fixed.

Thank you kindly for all your advice.
        Obviously the game has alot of issues that need either correction or expansion.
        But your post gives me an idea of what order I should work on these issues.

"I can say that I got terribly lost in that TextRPG-like maze."
        Hmmm....
        I used this method because it looks pretty and I hate rpgs that have a ton of sprite-sprinting around town.
        Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages.
        I'm considering keeping the Overworld as it is, but allowing you to enter into areas where you'll be able to move around as a sprite. Also, you can probably tell that the Overworld is essentially randomly assembled. That's why there's a boat right next to a laboratory right next to dinosaurs, etc.

You raised a number of valid issues. But I think the next patch will mostly focus on improvements to navigation.
        Again, thanks for playing.
        Renfield

Comment

Version 0.06 released.
          Bug fixes. New experimental dungeon.
          Renfield

Comment

It's still too hard, I can't find my way to the dungeon, and I can't escape from powerful enemies(sometimes all I do is trying to escape, but no luck), so mostly I just lose all of my equipment and money, this is annoying. I think game should be more fun to play.

Wandering in only picture maps is kinda turn off for me, since it feels like I'm inside a cube. I'd prefer some basic maps where we could go hunting and return to base.

"you should take out the white background on the battlers" I agree. It should be simple even with gimp.

Comment

Good work, the Kasumi bug is fixed now. The 'transparent black in the chara sprite' bug is still to be fixed though. I also found the school, sadly there's nothing inside (except enemies for easier grinding). Maybe it would be better to use those inside maps for something else, like shops, towns, looting places with fixed enemies (since the "time" won't pass unless you travel by the outside maps, so better leave the grinding for the outside), maybe you can add some puzzles room, where you need certain items or to solve a riddle to get something else. Well, there are lots of choices to pick from.
              It would be nice to see the stretched pictures fixed too, since some look just terrible. As dellstone said, the backgrounds of the battlers is an easy fix you can do with little skills, so it's worth your time.

"I used this method because it looks pretty and I hate rpgs that have a ton of sprite-sprinting around town."
              I think the same. If you are somewhat capable with engines, it may be a good idea to kill the movement system based on choices and instead use the arrow keys in the keyboard to choose the direction to go (and show what arrows you can go by showing images in the corner of the screen). You can also put a "Search" icon in the middle of those arrows if there something to look in that map (you would need to press the action button instead of the arrows to interact with it). That way, travelling in the overworld would be faster and more fun.

Well, so far the game is good. It takes some time to get powerful, but once you get some nice skills the rest is saving, grinding and collect money for equipment (defensive, if you have magic you don't need weapons). And if you get killed and lose your 1k+ money, just load the game (ha!). Still, the money balance is bad, getting 10000 G takes a lot of time and is near impossible. To make you happy, here is the proof that I played the game nicely:

Spoiler

"Who is your master now?"

Keep working on it, man! If you fix the rough sides you may have something great in your hands.

Comment

"It's still too hard"
                Hmmm...
                Do you guys think I should make difficulty selectable? [Easy/Normal/Hard]

Difficulty is one of the hardest points on which to please everyone.
                I personally prefer Dark Souls level difficulty.
                But many people want H-games to be relatively easy so they can get straight to the sex.

When you start a new character, you'll get your ass kicked alot.
                But once you learn just a few useful abilities, it quickly snowballs in your favor.
                If you have specific ideas about which elements to nerf, let me know.

I'm also working on the other issues with the art assets.
                They should all be resolved sometime this week.
                Renfield

Comment

Originally posted by KleptoLizard View Post
                  "It's still too hard"
                  Hmmm...
                  Do you guys think I should make difficulty selectable? [Easy/Normal/Hard]
                  Naw, if you make it too easy the game will lose the fun. Getting your ass kicked until you have some skills and level is fair for now, since there's no game over. Rather than that, you should focus on the money balance. At last for the common things, like potions and items. Right now it's hard to make money and very easy to lose it, so you'd either make it easier to get or harder to lose (in my honest opinion).

I'm glad you are to improve the graphics soon, since it's a big weakness in the game, and a key point in any H game.

Also, it may be good idea to get rid or fix the field skills (those that damages all the enemies) since you are sticking to 1vs1 battles (thus making them useless). Bah, just a small detail. If you plan on bigger battles later then leave it as it is.

Good luck!

Comment

I would say that the main problem right now is not the difficulty itself, but the randomness.

For example: If you get lucky you will get a skill like paralyze early on, or one of the superpowerful spells. From there the game is a walk in the park...or you wont get anything useful and will keep losing battles until you quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyu666 View Post
                      If you get lucky you will get a skill like paralyze early on, or one of the superpowerful spells. From there the game is a walk in the park...or you wont get anything useful and will keep losing battles until you quit.
                      Yeah. I got Drain Life early on in one playthrough and wrecked everyone even from a low level.
                      I actually like the way it's set up now. You get kicked around at first but get revenge on them all later.
                      Of course, not everyone is going to like this style of RPG. But it blends well with the sexual themes.

The game will undergo alot of different balancing changes.
                      If at the end of the day I can't come up with a compromise, I'll just have 2 selectable modes.
                      One will be the current Free-for-All, the other will be a more conventional leveling/skill curve.

Protip: If you play as a male, remember to repeatedly abuse your first prisoner until you have all her abilities.
                      Renfield

Comment

Originally posted by Nyu666 View Post
                        I would say that the main problem right now is not the difficulty itself, but the randomness.
                        Hmm, it sounds logical actually. I think a chance to being able to avoid contact from tough enemies would be better. And like I said, currently escape option is not really working, maybe this can be improved. If you want to make super hard game, I can understand that, but there should be enough fun factor for us to keep playing, and I think game lacks entertainment.

I'm not a hardcore or old school gamer so maybe I miss your point but, when I think that I did a good job out there, collected some coins and want to return to home to save the game, suddenly Alpha-152 appears and kicks my ass and loots my goods... It's rage quitter So either you should put some most beautiful CG's about DOA for us to keep playing, or improve other things. (For example, I finished Parasite In The City couple of times, just because sprites were the best I've ever seen)

I bought but didn't finished Dark Souls btw, I think that game is crazy

Originally posted by KleptoLizard View Post
                        Protip: If you play as a male, remember to repeatedly abuse your first prisoner until you have all her abilities.
                        Oh good tip, didn't expect that.
                        Last edited by dellstone; 01-17-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Version 0.07 added
                          Due to popular outcry, enemies no longer steal your money.
                          Battler graphics now have transparent backgrounds.

More updates soon.
                          Renfield

Comment

Originally posted by dellstone View Post
                            I bought but didn't finished Dark Souls btw, I think that game is crazy
                            Oh man. Dark Souls is one of my all-time favorite games.
                            If I was a better programmer, I'd make a game that was Dark Souls with Game Over Rape.
                            Renfield

Comment

Aww, you didn't have to make the enemies don't steal anymore, now there's no real risk while losing. Making a saving box in the main base or maybe making the enemies stealing ony 30% or so of your money could be better choices.

The battlers now look a lot better. Sadly there's the white line around them (can be taken off without much trouble), but for now it's okay.

Dark Souls is great! There isn't a game with more epic fights ever. Even if you can't make an H-Dark Souls, you could use the setting and make something as dark as it is, since making something like that is asking for overwork.

Keep with the development! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X