Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Knight&Princess Translation Project! Help Wanted!--Intro 55/55, Main 70/1000, H13/80

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight&Princess Translation Project! Help Wanted!--Intro 55/55, Main 70/1000, H13/80

Now that the game is uploaded, I can release the working version of the patch.

We need help! This is a huge game, and it is relatively easy to split up and handle in chapters. We can split it up from there in to chunks of around 40 pages and 2~3 H-Scenes each. H-Scenes are on average much shorter than those in Yukari's previous games, and are easier to get translate with very few exceptions.

OVERALL Status:

Cerot:
    100% Main Pages (55/55) (All the work of rcoltsaaeln)
    13% H-Scenes (2/7)???

Lynx:
    1% Main Pages (10/1000)
    20% H-Scenes (15/73)

Style Guide and Naming:
    Lynx (Cerot calls her Lyn sometimes)
    Cerot (Lynx calls her Cero sometimes)
    Mayari
    Surval
    Regina
    Rakaru
    Iggu

City is named: Gros Pampas
    Surval's Guild (same as Shalt, Sirian): Tri-Knowledge
    Mayari's Guild: The Flaring Crown

DO NOT:
    Do not translate things in brackets, [], as those are usually code that will call errors if changed.
    EXCEPTION: name="" is a string that can be changed.

Lynx and Cerot's "Speaker" boxes are broken, for now. I need to find where in the code they are called from.

Chapter Assignments. Note, unlike the TAT translation, you are not responsible for the H-scenes that appear in your sections. Yet.

Chapter Breakdown: (see attachment of annotated flowchart)
    Chapter A - The Journey's Start: 14/45
    Chapter B1 - At the Inn: 20/20
    Chapter B2 - To the Gates: 0/29
    Chapter C - The Caves: 33/33
    Chapter D -
    Chapter E -
    Chapter F -
    Chapter G -
    Chapter H -
    Chapter J -
    Chapter K -
    Chapter L -
    Chapter M -
    Chapter N -
    Chapter O -
    Chapter P -
    Chapter Q -
    Chapter R -
    Chapter S1 -
    Chapter S2 -
    Chapter S3 -
    Chapter T -
    Chapter U -
    Chapter V -
    Chapter W -
    Chapter X -
    Chapter Y -
    Chapter Z -

Hentai Scenes

Completed: 03, 09, 13, 15, 17, 26, 34, 40, 44, 54, 68, 69, 76, 78

Partial:

Untranslated:

Getchu:
    http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=802268&gc=gc

PATCH INSTRUCTIONS:

THIS INCLUDES THE 1.01a PATCH.

Rename it to patch.xp3 and place in the directory with the executable. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FILE EXTENSIONS DISABLED. IT IF DOES NOT DISPLAY AS patch.xls, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Patch Version: September 4th
    Attached Files
    Last edited by panop857; 04-13-2016, 09:46 PM.
    (English Translation) Thief and Troll: Bad End RPG, 100% playable!

Group for Dark H-Games

Got it, though pretty lame to hear that it's basically dead...the heroine of this game really interests me and the city setting is so nice! Plus the paths in this game are so involving on the bad end too, so that's really disappointing, but I can understand.

I'll do translations as I possibly can! I probably will focus on the actual pathing. I would hate to see this project die out...

Comment

Greetings all,

Some time after the last team had stopped working on this game, I began translating it myself, and am continuing to do so. I am building on the previous team's work, and anything they translated has been left. Unfortunately, my translation progress has been hindered by the fact that I am still very much learning Japanese and I have real-life commitments that significantly impact the amount of time I have available to work on the project. On the plus side of this, the game is still being translated, albeit it slowly due to the need to go back and do quality control on my translations due to not being the greatest at Japanese currently. In any case, this is my current status:

Current Status:

Cerot:
      100% Main Pages (55/55) (All the work of rcoltsaaeln)
      43% H-Scenes (3/7)??? - 2 by whoever worked on them previously, one by myself (Jean Otus)

Lynx:
      12% Main Pages (121/1000) - 111 by me, 10 by the previous translators.
      32% H-Scenes (~23/73) - Around 23, although I have been worse at keeping track of these than the main pages. Roughly 8 are my work.

However, while I have put some time into translating this, I will not be uploading a patch at the current time due to the need for quality control. This is necessary for several reasons:

- For my translations, it is necessary because I am still in the process of learning Japanese, which means sometimes I go for more literal translations, and then need to return later and attempt to improve the translation, and make it sound more natural and fitting with the protagonist's mannerisms.

- It is also necessary for the previous team's translation, as while I am not discrediting their work, in fact, the vast majority of it that I have experienced has been excellent, I want to ensure that there are no sudden changes in tone, or mannerisms of the characters etc... between their translations and mind. It also gives me the chance to check for any minor errors such as spelling or grammar mistakes, which I have noticed in a couple of files.

As a result of this, there is still a significant amount left to translate and I need to go through the completely work to check it, meaning there is quite a lot of tasks that need to be done before I would be ready for a release. However, there is still hope, I intend to go through the completed translations as my main aim for now, and once I have checked all of them, and am satisfied that they have been completed to a suitable quality, I will likely release a preliminary patch to ensure that my translations and the patch files I provide both work without issues on other people's systems.

I will post status updates in this thread (my apologies for necroing it, but it seemed appropriate), and hope that my work will help anyone who is interested in this game in the future.

- Jean Otus

Comment

• Tsarius13
        Tsarius13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I recently found out about this series but from what I've been hearing, this seems like a really good game. I'm glad that you've decided to pick up this translation. Don't worry about the speed of translating it as long as you do stick to it. Thank you!
    Working...
    X