Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Knight&Princess Translation Project! Help Wanted!--Intro 55/55, Main 70/1000, H13/80

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight&Princess Translation Project! Help Wanted!--Intro 55/55, Main 70/1000, H13/80

Now that the game is uploaded, I can release the working version of the patch.

We need help! This is a huge game, and it is relatively easy to split up and handle in chapters. We can split it up from there in to chunks of around 40 pages and 2~3 H-Scenes each. H-Scenes are on average much shorter than those in Yukari's previous games, and are easier to get translate with very few exceptions.

OVERALL Status:

Cerot:
    100% Main Pages (55/55) (All the work of rcoltsaaeln)
    13% H-Scenes (2/7)???

Lynx:
    1% Main Pages (10/1000)
    20% H-Scenes (15/73)

Style Guide and Naming:
    Lynx (Cerot calls her Lyn sometimes)
    Cerot (Lynx calls her Cero sometimes)
    Mayari
    Surval
    Regina
    Rakaru
    Iggu

City is named: Gros Pampas
    Surval's Guild (same as Shalt, Sirian): Tri-Knowledge
    Mayari's Guild: The Flaring Crown

DO NOT:
    Do not translate things in brackets, [], as those are usually code that will call errors if changed.
    EXCEPTION: name="" is a string that can be changed.

Lynx and Cerot's "Speaker" boxes are broken, for now. I need to find where in the code they are called from.

Chapter Assignments. Note, unlike the TAT translation, you are not responsible for the H-scenes that appear in your sections. Yet.

Chapter Breakdown: (see attachment of annotated flowchart)
    Chapter A - The Journey's Start: 14/45
    Chapter B1 - At the Inn: 20/20
    Chapter B2 - To the Gates: 0/29
    Chapter C - The Caves: 33/33
    Chapter D -
    Chapter E -
    Chapter F -
    Chapter G -
    Chapter H -
    Chapter J -
    Chapter K -
    Chapter L -
    Chapter M -
    Chapter N -
    Chapter O -
    Chapter P -
    Chapter Q -
    Chapter R -
    Chapter S1 -
    Chapter S2 -
    Chapter S3 -
    Chapter T -
    Chapter U -
    Chapter V -
    Chapter W -
    Chapter X -
    Chapter Y -
    Chapter Z -

Hentai Scenes

Completed: 03, 09, 13, 15, 17, 26, 34, 40, 44, 54, 68, 69, 76, 78

Partial:

Untranslated:

Getchu:
    http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=802268&gc=gc

PATCH INSTRUCTIONS:

THIS INCLUDES THE 1.01a PATCH.

Rename it to patch.xp3 and place in the directory with the executable. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FILE EXTENSIONS DISABLED. IT IF DOES NOT DISPLAY AS patch.xls, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Patch Version: September 4th
    Attached Files
    Last edited by panop857; 04-13-2016, 08:46 PM.
    (English Translation) Thief and Troll: Bad End RPG, 100% playable!

Group for Dark H-Games

Got it, though pretty lame to hear that it's basically dead...the heroine of this game really interests me and the city setting is so nice! Plus the paths in this game are so involving on the bad end too, so that's really disappointing, but I can understand.

I'll do translations as I possibly can! I probably will focus on the actual pathing. I would hate to see this project die out...

Comment

Greetings all,

Some time after the last team had stopped working on this game, I began translating it myself, and am continuing to do so. I am building on the previous team's work, and anything they translated has been left. Unfortunately, my translation progress has been hindered by the fact that I am still very much learning Japanese and I have real-life commitments that significantly impact the amount of time I have available to work on the project. On the plus side of this, the game is still being translated, albeit it slowly due to the need to go back and do quality control on my translations due to not being the greatest at Japanese currently. In any case, this is my current status:

Current Status:

Cerot:
      100% Main Pages (55/55) (All the work of rcoltsaaeln)
      43% H-Scenes (3/7)??? - 2 by whoever worked on them previously, one by myself (Jean Otus)

Lynx:
      12% Main Pages (121/1000) - 111 by me, 10 by the previous translators.
      32% H-Scenes (~23/73) - Around 23, although I have been worse at keeping track of these than the main pages. Roughly 8 are my work.

However, while I have put some time into translating this, I will not be uploading a patch at the current time due to the need for quality control. This is necessary for several reasons:

- For my translations, it is necessary because I am still in the process of learning Japanese, which means sometimes I go for more literal translations, and then need to return later and attempt to improve the translation, and make it sound more natural and fitting with the protagonist's mannerisms.

- It is also necessary for the previous team's translation, as while I am not discrediting their work, in fact, the vast majority of it that I have experienced has been excellent, I want to ensure that there are no sudden changes in tone, or mannerisms of the characters etc... between their translations and mind. It also gives me the chance to check for any minor errors such as spelling or grammar mistakes, which I have noticed in a couple of files.

As a result of this, there is still a significant amount left to translate and I need to go through the completely work to check it, meaning there is quite a lot of tasks that need to be done before I would be ready for a release. However, there is still hope, I intend to go through the completed translations as my main aim for now, and once I have checked all of them, and am satisfied that they have been completed to a suitable quality, I will likely release a preliminary patch to ensure that my translations and the patch files I provide both work without issues on other people's systems.

I will post status updates in this thread (my apologies for necroing it, but it seemed appropriate), and hope that my work will help anyone who is interested in this game in the future.

- Jean Otus

Comment

• Tsarius13
        Tsarius13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I recently found out about this series but from what I've been hearing, this seems like a really good game. I'm glad that you've decided to pick up this translation. Don't worry about the speed of translating it as long as you do stick to it. Thank you!

Greetings again everyone,

Jean here again. It's been a while, so I thought I'd give a status update on the project. Unfortunately, I have to report that due to some personal things I had to deal with, as well as a few technical issues, progress has been slow since the last post. On a more positive note, I am still very much committed to this translation project, and am working to get to a stable release. I am hoping that this will consist of all of Cerot's files and H-scenes as well as 200-300 of Lynx's files and any h-scenes covered within that scope. As my skill in Japanese has improved significantly since the last post, I am also now spending some time reviewing the files I have previously translated, and improving them where necessary (some were admittedly rather poor translations). I am aiming for this first release to be made available via a downloadable patch file (much like previous translations) and want it to be out within the next two months, whether it's at the end of this time period or sooner will depend on how often I am able to translate.

On a side note, thanks for your comment Tsarius13, I hope you don't mind that this is taking a while, however unfortunately I am working by myself, and I have to do this when I have time alongside my personal life. Regardless, the fact that there are still people looking for this game to be translated provides me with motivation to continue.

- Jean Otus

Comment

Greetings yet again,

Jean here with a further update. Unfortunately, my personal life, and particularly my job has been far busier than expected, which has slowed down progress on this project. As well as this, as I mentioned in my last post, my skill as a translator has increased significantly between the point at which I started this project and where I am now, which has left me with a backlog of sub-par translations that I am having to go back to and improve. Due to these factors, not nearly as much progress as been made as I would like. Despite this, I don't want to keep merely putting out words, so to provide hope to anyone who is still interested in this game, I will be releasing a patch this time. This patch will contain what was translated by those who worked before me (see the OP of this thread), as well as around 150 files I have translated myself, which should get you through at least the first few h-scenes and related story for Lynx. Fair warning though, as I mentioned, I have a backlog of files to work through, so the quality of translations here will vary. I also have yet to work out how to word-wrap for readability, something the previous translators had over me. I have had a look at their files, and have an idea of how to achieve this, but this will require some changes to script files as well as playtesting to confirm, so until I am more sure of this, the patch won't contain word-wrapping. Still, if none of this puts you off, then I invite you to give the patch a try, and hopefully you can enjoy at least a little more of this game. Also, if there is anyone interested enough in this game, with a good working knowledge of both Japanese and English, then I invite them to contact me so we can work on translating together. Doing this as a one man project does make things slower considering the large amount of files and text in the game.

In any case, there's a few things I'd like people to take away from this post:

- This project is not dead, and while progress may be slow at times being balanced against my real life and (unfortunately I have to say, more important priorities, such as my job) it *IS* still being worked on
        - I am very open to feedback, as my knowledge of Japanese, while greatly improved since I started, isn't nearly as high as I would like, so if someone feels something should be phrased differently, please let me know.
        - While my main focus is on translating, and particularly getting the story and h-scenes into English, I do want to eventually include quality-of-life improvements, such as word-wrapping, menu translations, flag translations and if possible, a translated settings menu. How much of this will actually be achieved is debatable, as while I can handle the translations themselves, and most simpler programming or scripting tricks, if there is text contained in an image that makes up part of a menu, translating that will be tough, as my artistic ability is next to none.

As for the patch, I wanted to note, much like the previous translators, I am making this available as an .xls file, but the game actually needs a .xp3 file. This is due to file upload restrictions on Hongfire. This means that to apply the patch to the game, you need to rename the file extention to .xp3 and then drop the file in where the game is located (in the same directory as the .exe file). I am also making it available as a Mega download for anyone who cannot access the Hongfire file for any reason. The Mega download is a direct .xp3 file, and will not need to have the extension renamed.

Mega Link: https://mega.nz/#!XTgCHYoJ!Nq7szTfl7...rWIq_zzE_8uvMk
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X