Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[Free Software] Jack-o-nine-tails (ɔ) (thread reboot, v2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Free Software] Jack-o-nine-tails (ɔ) (thread reboot, v2)

Jack-o-nine-tails game discussion thread v2

Jack-o-nine-tails is a sophisticated slave training and trading game, originally created by Old Huntsman.
    You play as a slave trainer, who earns money by training a slave, and selling her to one of the many buyers in the city.
    It features an impressive emotion system, probably not matched by any other game in this genre.

For a more detailed description and screenshots, see first post in the previous thread.

Several versions of Jack-o-nine-tails exists, but this thread is about Jack-HF (HongFire edition).
    Jack-HF was an initiative to collect the different versions into one. It was developed primarily by crushboss.
    There is currently no active development going on. Consider Jack-HF 1.7.3 the final version.

Game information
    Read this thread or see the wiki (the wiki is very outdated, and the trainer does NOT work with Jack-HF).

Newest game version
    2016-10-03 - Jack-HF 1.7.5

1.7.5 - Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0w...ew?usp=sharing
    1.7.5 - Mega - https://mega.nz/#!h0pUGb7b!flBP9aIzc...30f7Xl66YNU8VU

See this post for more details.

Animation packs (replaces images)
    By Oslow (Huge pack, 2.77 GB, big breasts, some pregnancy, pet-play, tentacles, lolis have breasts, mostly censored)
    - Download
    By MasterNoName (Split packages. Anal, blowjob, bukkake, dildo, deep throat, exhibition, foot job, hand job, kiss, paizuri (titfuck), partly censored)
    - See packages

Download, upgrade & installation instructions (Windows/Mac/Linux)
    Spoiler
    Windows:
    Download, extract, and execute Jack-o-nine-tails.exe. That's it.

Mac:
    Download the experimental Mac build of the engine by sustak.
    Further instruction is found in this post. This works according to the author. If you encounter any problems, please contact him directly.

Linux: You must compile the engine yourself (the world is unfair), and open the qsp file via the 'jack' executable, by passing the path as an argument, or by using the menu.
    Engine source code is found here.
    You need Qt 5 and >GCC 4.7. If you encounter problems with this, just PM me (beaver14), but give it a try first.

Upgrading
    If you upgrade from a previous version, then you have to enable the "Ignore version check..." option, to load a save game from previous version.
    This is not recommended however; in general save games are incompatible between versions.

Other versions (unmaintained)
    • Jack-HF 1.5
      1. Download & extract: Jack-HF-1.5
      2. Copy content from hotfix 2 to the 'game' directory, to apply the latest fixes. Details are bundled in the download.
      NOTE: Old save games are incompatible with this version.
    • Vanilla version / HGG mod v5 / English mod / Merged Mod / Old Jack-HF: See wiki.
    Development resources
    Spoiler

==[ Programming tools ]=======================
    Game:
    • (QSP editor) QGen
    • (QSP editor) QtGen (Qt open source remake of QGen, not as feature complete, platform independent)
    • (Export to text) TXT2GAM
    Engine: Source management:==[ Programming documentation ]=======================
    QSP documentation:TXT2GAM / merge / split documentation

==[ Links to other threads ]=========================[ Source ]=======================
    Last edited by beaver14; 10-15-2016, 07:24 AM.

Thanks for taking this thread, beaver14. I hope that you intend to add more helpful information that's not in the wiki, like for instance this (if this is the recommended install order, because it doesn't work with the trainer):

Originally posted by TheDefend View Post
    Latest install instruction from Vanilla edition + Grimdark

1. Download the game + install grimdark (This one is pretty obvious what you need to overwrite)
    2. http://wiki.anime-sharing.com/hgames...ne/Merged_Mods Download this
    3. Extract the content folder ONLY and paste it into the Jack-o-nine-tails folder
    4. https://www.dropbox.com/s/quf8bgdw8w...r-MM19.7z?dl=0 Download this
    5. Extract the content folder ONLY and paste it into the Jack-o-nine-tails folder
    6. Go find the folder from step 5 content/pic/ui and rename 'strec' folder into 'jon-UIadds'
    7. https://mega.co.nz/#!cNxylCJB!0piV72...7fO_mNTepBlht0 Download this
    8. Backup the FastQSP if you wish it and overwrite the content of FastQSP with the content of the file yo
    9. https://mega.co.nz/#!PJAhDJrQ!jHW7H3...tma5P7MHOsdxH8 Download this
    10. extract all of the content into Jack-o-nine-tails folder and overwrite all prompt
    11. https://mega.co.nz/#!2Z5VWL5b!e7WUkb...m-0Iz6038Bv0-c Download this
    12. extract all of the content into Jack-o-nine-tails folder and overwrite all prompt
    13. Delete / make backup of 'jack.qsp'
    14. rename 'jack-jonUIadds-for-MM19.qsp' into jack.qsp

EDIT :

11/5/2015 Change the bugfix for step 11 to latest version which is bugfix2
    12/5/2015 Change the bugfix for step 11 to latest version which is bugfix3

Comment

Your welcome Inquisitor :-)
      I have updated the installation instructions to be be more clear and easy, by recommending Kali1979's package.
      4 steps, instead of 14. The instructions you post should still work, but it is cumbersome to follow them.

On an other note: Good news everybody!
      On the surface, things have remained the same for several weeks and progress has been pretty quiet.
      But a lot work is being done right now on the game, and within the not too distant future, I will urge everybody to upgrade.
      After the summer exams and after adjusting to the new development process, I expect updates to posted much more quickly.

If you have not tried the game yet, go ahead and see if you like it.
      Its free and installation has never been easier :-)

Comment

Ah finaly something more explenation. I installed everything in order from the guide from Inquisitor, but i have a few issues.

1. What does the Debug option do in configuration? When i click it on, i see no change.
        2. Sometimes there are blue questionmarks on the spots, where the quicklinks were to train, the configbutton an the ask and talk button. Is this intentional?
        3. I see that the Trainer doesnt work now completely. Before i could at least push the skills of Jack, and Money and such, but no acces to the slave. Now it just crashes. Is there another way, to cheat it? Like save editing?

Thats all from me. Sorry for my miserable grammar.

Comment

Awesome! Thought the modding scene for this was dead! Good to see it's still being worked on. Thanks for all the modders and everyone who supports this game!

Comment

@Krydon

1. The debug option is for developers and should be removed.
            It prints information about the game, to help find errors. It slows the game to have enabled.
            It also enables loading of save games between different game versions, but you should rather use the "Ignore version check when loading" option under the game menu.

2. A blue question marks mean that it can't find a specific image. It is not intentional. I recommend just getting Kali1979's version.

3. This issue has come up several times now. I have not myself tried the trainer, but from hearing from others, it will not work.
            I would not expect it to get kept up to date with the game. The way it seems to work, doesn't seem to go good with the way the game is developing (If I'm wrong, please enlighten me).
            To get 50000 sparks: Put this, in the json directory, load a previously saved game and then click on something. I have nothing to push skills.

Comment

I thought the blue question was because the pathing system to find the image were different from the old one... well.. the naming haven't been updated in ages

Comment

Ah, ok, that explains some things, thanks.
                I installed now from your guide and now everything is there where it should be, like the quickways to the training and such.
                The .json file is neat, i needed at least something like this, thanks.
                It would be real good if someone knew a way to fix the trainer. It was really handy just to see, what quirks the slave has, that you had to find first.

Comment

Got a question do the other shaming option affect the slave's pride now or is it only shameful podium and naked walk?

Comment

Your welcome Krydon, glad to hear it works :-)
                    I don't think the source to the trainer has been released, so nobody can do anything, besides the author.
                    If somebody wants to make a new trainer - and knows C++ and Qt - then I can give hints on how to do that in the mod thread.

@Baalshazar
                    Yes they all decrease pride. Naked walk decrease the least, public toilet decrease the most.

Comment

Originally posted by beaver14 View Post

@Baalshazar
                      Yes they all decrease pride. Naked walk decrease the least, public toilet decrease the most.

Cool, It used to be only the first two! Glad to see it fixed! Source for the music?
                      Last edited by Baalshazar; 05-30-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

does anyone have the trainner link cause i used my old trainner and it not work
                        Last edited by megamanxz1; 05-30-2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by megamanxz1 View Post
                          does anyone have the trainner link cause i used my old trainner and it not work
                          There is no working trainer for the version recommended here, but this works:
                          To get 50000 sparks: Put this, in the json directory, load a previously saved game and then click on something.

Jack-HF (most inclusive version, base for future development):

The recommended and easy way:
                          1. Download & extract full zip file, with Grimdark images, packed by Kali1979: Direct download
                          2. Download & extract bugfix #3
                          3. Rename jack-jonUIadds-for-MM19.qsp from bugfix #3 to jack.qsp
                          4. Copy jack.qsp to the Jack-o-nine-tails folder and overwrite.
                          5. Start game by executing the bat file.
                          OR the harder way:
                          Full instructions by TheDefend: here
                          I don't know if this installation should be generally recommended. I have tested it and I'm not able to get a slave to S+ in Xenophily because of the added spider/sea tentacle. After relatively intense googling I managed to guess how to get the spider (rent dungeon), but after I got it, the sea tentacle button disappeared and thus I'm not able to train the slave to S+. This means that I'm not able to get the Chimaera's Gem, which is a huge showstopper.

btw, I had to install it "the harder way" because I wasn't able to download from the lame megafileupload.com site. I tried registering, but I never got a confirmation email (tried both a gmail and other domain email address). Could someone please upload Kali1979' helpful compilation to a sensible service, like www.mega.com? Thanks in advance!
                          Last edited by Inquisitor; 05-31-2015, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately I don't have time to look in to it right now because I have to do some stupid induction proof, algorithmic analysis and correctness proofs for school. I have procrastinated for too long :-( If you can help me with that, I can look into that problem. Otherwise it will take 4 days before I have time again.

I have not had problems with the megafileupload, but I have just finished uploading it to mega. Will update first post in a minute.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately I don't have time to look in to it right now because I have to do some stupid induction proof, algorithmic analysis and correctness proofs for school. I have procrastinated for too long :-( If you can help me with that, I can look into that problem. Otherwise it will take 4 days before I have time again.

I have not had problems with the megafileupload, but I have just finished uploading it to mega. Will update first post in a minute.
                              Thanks in advance for looking into it and thanks a lot for the mirror! Best of luck on your work for school.

Comment

Working...
                              X