Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Windows 10 Applocale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Applocale

Hey everyone!

I don't tend to post on forums all that much, but I was wondering if anybody was having problems running their games with Applocale? I've not found a way to work around it yet but when running games on Windows 10 with Applocale it doesn't open; it just takes you to the app store. Anybody else having this issue?

EDIT by Inquisitor:

What we know
    • AppLocale (and HF pAppLoc) doesn't work on Windows 10
    • You can use Locale Emulator to get similar functionality, but there are still issues with fonts not displaying nicely
    • NTLEA also works, but not with subtitle mods
    • Changing locale to Japanese also works, but there are side effects
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 08-13-2015, 09:48 PM. Reason: Add what we know

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...92#post3700692

Comment

I did have some issues with AppLocale. NTLeas works but isn't fully compatible. I can't say I'm surprised AppLocale doesn't work anymore considering it already wasn't officially supported in Vista nor Se7en (nevermind Win8/8.1 which also had some issues)... Actually you had to find some workarounds (or use the HF version) to get it to work properly for Vista and ulterior OSes since it isn't supposed to be installable by default! That, and the rather inefficient way Japanese PC devs tends to code doesn't help either. Or rather the fact that they don't care about us, westerners to be more accurate.

EDIT: I may add that the additional Japanese character thingy installs itself automatically shall you switch your locale to Japanese.
      Last edited by Akira1555; 08-01-2015, 01:12 PM.

Comment

AppLocale hasn't worked for me so I had to change my System Locale to Japan. Everything works fine then.

Comment

windows 10 is shit...look at all the broken texts, windows 10 32 bits + NTLEAS

Image removed.

Comment

Originally posted by ingrams View Post
            windows 10 is shit...look at all the broken texts, windows 10 32 bits + NTLEAS
            Nah, it only turned Japanese into proper Moon Runes.

Comment

Locale Emulator works well for me in Windows 10.

Comment

One of the benefits from Locale Emulator: The guy is actively supporting that tool.
                Reading the change log version 2.0.0.0 officially supports Windows 10. So make you update the thing. ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by psymon2 View Post
                  Locale Emulator works well for me in Windows 10.
                  Originally posted by De Kus View Post
                  One of the benefits from Locale Emulator: The guy is actively supporting that tool.
                  Reading the change log version 2.0.0.0 officially supports Windows 10. So make you update the thing. ^-^
                  I tried with Win10 and Locale.Emulator.2.0.0.1.Beta, and it works with (AA2) Play, but "Run with Subs", it doesn't start at all. I also tried with Locale.Emulator.2.0.0.2.Beta, but it's the same. "Play" works, but "Run with Subs " won't work. Next version, please
                  Please mention always what is the Windows version/variety. There are Vista, Win 7 and Win 8(.1), and there are Windows 10.
                  - Invisible girls: HERE
                  - AA2Edit Maker screen is too short (not possible to Save): HERE
                  - Telescoping legs: HERE
                  - Error message [グームガイソストールされていませ ]: HERE

Comment

Having similar issues. The game (AA2) starts up fine however, the subs do not work and a lot of the sentences are partially broken very slightly. My biggest issue however is that all of the social options I try to use end up at 0% with all the characters no matter what standing I am in with them. It's kinda hard to pinpoint the problem, but I assume it's the applocale that is the cause of the mess-up unfortunately.

I like Windows 10 a lot, but man, I'm starting to regret upgrading right away without reading the reports on here. How stupid of me.

Comment

I haven't gotten the update yet. I wonder if I can hold off on it...

Comment

I think it's best to wait until next year to allow it and the tools to mature. If there still is not any solution by then I will just stay on win7x64.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                          I think it's best to wait until next year to allow it and the tools to mature. If there still is not any solution by then I will just stay on win7x64.
                          Well someone will find something in the next 5 years anyway given that Se7en's support ends in 2020 and that 8/8.1 had so much bad rap most people probably won't switch to it (despite the fact that it's fairly decent). That said, I recall having issues with some Illusion game when switching to Win8.1 back then, wouldn't work correctly. Can't recall if it was AA2 or PPD, but I know it was running under Yayoi. Obviously it's not all about Illusion, but honestly I wouldn't worry that much unless one favours playing quite old games with wonky support/stability outside of the one or two OSes they were made for; in which case it's unfortunately not an issue exclusive to Win10.
                          Last edited by Akira1555; 08-08-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I'm currently using Ntleas to play Custom Maid 3D 2 and it works just fine on my Windows 10 64 bit

Comment

Originally posted by Knightslayer View Post
                              I'm currently using Ntleas to play Custom Maid 3D 2 and it works just fine on my Windows 10 64 bit
                              The major issue currently is that there is no solution to running any of the games that has subtitle mods apart from changing system locale which really isn't an option when considering all the issues. I'm personally not done with AA2 and I might even want to fire up AG3 if there's a particularly interesting mod I want to try out. I recommend that anyone who are serious about playing Japanese games wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                              X