Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[ENG] 3D Action H-RPG Sangoku Musou -Empress of Tragedy-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ENG] 3D Action H-RPG Sangoku Musou -Empress of Tragedy-

Product page (includes the 18+ version of the trailer)
    Free trial
    Developer: Red Dragonfly
    Language: English
    Voice: Title heroine is fully-voiced
    Genre: Action-RPG
    Tags: 3D, sex sim, defeat rape, single heroine

Review on Sanahtlig's Corner
    Sangoku Musou -Empress of Tragedy-, now available in English, is an ambitious erotic action-RPG with pretty 3D visuals. But does the rest of the game match up?
    Last edited by sanahtlig; 03-20-2016, 10:46 PM.
    Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on VNs
    Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

Woah what is this game, first time I hear about it. It seems interesting enough so I'll give it a try.
    Also it seems that one of the environmental designers of Witcher 3 has worked on this game so that's cool.

I hope they make more games like this tbh

Comment

Bringing attention to underappreciated games is one of my core purposes as a blogger. The game disappointed me, but I think HongFire denizens in particular will find something to like.
      Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

Comment

Uhmm... Slash Princess Sakura 2?

Comment

Originally posted by dramu View Post
          Uhmm... Slash Princess Sakura 2?
          From what I can tell looking at the DLsite page, yes, this game carries over many of those elements. Red Dragonfly is a doujin developer, so it's not surprising that they reuse assets. The difference here is that they put in a little extra effort to translate the interface and dialogue to English.
          Last edited by sanahtlig; 03-19-2016, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Ok, before anyone starts to play the trial version, go to settings, lower your bgm almost all the way to the left and everything else more towards the right till it sounds comfortable to you. Voice needs to be maxed.

I'm assuming with the trial, there is no way to save progress. Also, the beginning is rather difficult till you get 1 extra combo. Until then, its just a game of I hit you, you hit me. Once you get 1 extra combo, I find that starting your combo from a distance, then hitting them all with the final blow is best. The F key helps too. Its a dash and an attack at the same time.

Hot key for beserk is E, but I can't figure out how to use the time stop?

edit - one last thing, this game takes quite a bit of juice. I'm getting 27 fps in window mode 1600 x 900 res. Graphic settings on good when u start the game. My laptop is 4 years old though, using an i7-720qm and an 5870m.
            Last edited by Xellon100; 03-19-2016, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Tried the trial. Its mostly the exact same as previous game with some superficial changes. :/
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xellon100 View Post
                Ok, before anyone starts to play the trial version, go to settings, lower your bgm almost all the way to the left and everything else more towards the right till it sounds comfortable to you.

I'm assuming with the trial, there is no way to save progress. Also, the beginning is rather difficult till you get 1 extra combo. Until then, its just a game of I hit you, you hit me. Once you get 1 extra combo, I find that starting your combo from a distance, then hitting them all with the final blow is best. The F key helps too. Its a dash and an attack at the same time.

Hot key for beserk is E, but I can't figure out how to use the time stop?
                There should be a readme file in the game directory with all the shortcut keys. The HP leech and time dilation moves have to be manually assigned in-game to either the 1 or 2 keys.

Comment

Originally posted by slimbones View Post
                  Tried the trial. Its mostly the exact same as previous game with some superficial changes. :/
                  Yea agreed. Those superficial changes makes the game significantly better though. Graphics are much better as well, animation, and combat. One thing I hate is having to go to the main menu or checking the map constantly. Gets annoying. Looks like they added a story, not sure. On the trial, when u run into the last guy, you see a cut scene when you lose

Originally posted by sanahtlig View Post
                  There should be a readme file in the game directory with all the shortcut keys. The HP leech and time dilation moves have to be manually assigned in-game to either the 1 or 2 keys.
                  Yea, I figured it out. You have to equip them on 1 and 2 in the main menu (B key). Those 2 skills make the game a bit easier. Though it seems like when you die, you just get right back up.......
                  Last edited by Xellon100; 03-19-2016, 09:08 PM.

Comment

My computer cannot support this game

Comment

OK, so I played for half an hour and ... they seem to have wasted all their creativity on the controls. Even rebinding doesn´t help much. Maybe it´s set up to be played with a Playstation controller but it´s unplayable with an Xbox controller and barely with KB/M.
                      The map doesn´t seem to show your position. The fighting system is not worthy of being called a system. 1 attack combo, no block or dodge. Normaly I don´t mind crappy graphics but the contrast of the world vs. the characters is a little harsh. Like throwing PS2 models in the Cryengine or something... just feels disconnected.
                      I´m just glad theres a trial version.

Edit: Correction on the dodge part. Dodge/Run/Dash on F ...
                      Last edited by Lifter; 03-19-2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lifter View Post
                        OK, so I played for half an hour and ... they seem to have wasted all their creativity on the controls. Even rebinding doesn´t help much. Maybe it´s set up to be played with a Playstation controller but it´s unplayable with an Xbox controller and barely with KB/M.
                        The map doesn´t seem to show your position. The fighting system is not worthy of being called a system. 1 attack combo, no block or dodge. Normaly I don´t mind crappy graphics but the contrast of the world vs. the characters is a little harsh. Like throwing PS2 models in the Cryengine or something... just feels disconnected.
                        I´m just glad theres a trial version.

Edit: Correction on the dodge part. Dodge/Run/Dash on F ...
                        Hit B, collect enough coins to gain more combos. Equip your 1 and 2 skill keys. And E key for another skill. Combat is still lacking even with these though.

One thing I have to make fun of. When the archers shoots their arrows, watch the physics/speed on it. You can't be serious lol

edit - I found a treasure chest in the water but don't know how to open it...... Its north near the sakura trees. Hit tab to see where you are on the map.

edit - Also, I often lose my BGM sound like when I Dash towards everyone. This happens to anyone else?
                        Last edited by Xellon100; 03-19-2016, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xellon100 View Post
                          Looks like they added a story, not sure. On the trial, when u run into the last guy, you see a cut scene when you lose
                          That fight is unwinnable at that level, so the cutscene is simply part of the natural progression. I can confirm that other stages don't have such cutscenes (I even tried losing on purpose and nothing happened). The story in this game is pretty much nonexistent except for inconsequential dialogs during battle and with NPCs.

Maybe it´s set up to be played with a Playstation controller but it´s unplayable with an Xbox controller and barely with KB/M.
                          I played with an Xbox controller with default mappings. It's awkward but doable. However, I still had to use the ESC key to end ero sequences and the spacebar to break daze. Neither of those were bound to the controller buttons, and the hotkey to escape from ero sequences isn't even in the documentation (it took me several minutes of fumbling with random keys to figure it out).

Comment

I played with an Xbox controller with default mappings. It's awkward but doable. However, I still had to use the ESC key to end ero sequences and the spacebar to break daze. Neither of those were bound to the controller buttons, and the hotkey to escape from ero sequences isn't even in the documentation (it took me several minutes of fumbling with random keys to figure it out).
                            Wow, yea I guess you are more bullshit controls resistant than me xD Didn´t have the patience to figure stuff out after I noticed right stick left-right is camera up-down... unfathomable

And yea, I did read the readme.txt , I know about the skills. The game is just not worth it
                            Pressing Esc on the rape scene also eluded me for a while. I was waiting for the cum button to light up xD

Comment

That fight is unwinnable at that level, so the cutscene is simply part of the natural progression. I can confirm that other stages don't have such cutscenes (I even tried losing on purpose and nothing happened). The story in this game is pretty much nonexistent except for inconsequential dialogs during battle and with NPCs.
                              That was the only cut scene through the whole game? You got the full game? If so, that blows. I dunno if I should blow $20 on this. I like some of the finish animations on the H scenes, the combat is very basic (much better then their previous game though). When I combo, they get pushed too far back to finish or they just cut in between. F or 1 to deal a lot of damage to a crowd, not much to it....... The costumes/graphics are nice.

With a game like this, combat must be good or its just going to get a bad rating.

Wow, yea I guess you are more bullshit controls resistant than me xD Didn´t have the patience to figure stuff out after I noticed right stick left-right is camera up-down... unfathomable

And yea, I did read the readme.txt , I know about the skills. The game is just not worth it
                              Pressing Esc on the rape scene also eluded me for a while. I was waiting for the cum button to light up xD
                              Yea, cum light probably won't ever light up on trial. I think there are only like 1 maybe 2 monsters that have it lit up. I have to admit, the finishers on some of them seem pretty good in the gallery.

All contrlols:

B: Main menu
                              G: Change clothes
                              H: Stunned when Elite monsters are nearby
                              1: skill
                              2: skill - note you need to assign the skills to 1 and 2.
                              8: Change hairstyle
                              9: Change face shape
                              0: Change headwear
                              F: Dash, dodge, run (I don't see this as a dodge though)
                              E: Beserk mode
                              Z: Hide health bar of monsters
                              Space: Jump and to recover from Daze and prevent getting raped.
                              Tab: Minimap
                              M: World map

Update - For treasure chest, you destroy them with attacks.

■Adult mode:

Mouse right key: Rotate view
                              Mouse left key: Translate view
                              Mouse wheel: Zoom in and out

Gallery mode is generally like adult mode in game, but more extra functions:
                              Left, right arrow keys: Switch previous, next adult actions.
                              G: Change clothes
                              Update - esc: to end H scene and go back to game

Did I miss anything?
                              Last edited by Xellon100; 03-19-2016, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X