Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Illusion to release 3D character poser, Digital Girl Rin(!?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illusion to release 3D character poser, Digital Girl Rin(!?)

http://www.illusion.jp/digitown.html

http://www.digitown.net/

[Mod Release AND Discussion Thread] (Illusion) Digitown - Digital girl

Or rather, Illusion has released a little 3D character posing kit. It's basically just a program where you're free to dress and pose a 3D model of Rin from Illusion's Biko 3. It's kinda expensive seeing how that's all it does and it still costs 26 dollars.

What's actually neat is that the official page (digitown) where you can purchase the little gimmick is also fully translated in English (!). Are they hinting that they might start putting more of their products open for sales in Europe/America/ETC? Maybe not full fledged games at first, but little gimmicky stuffs like Digital Girl Rin.

Now I doubt they're actually gonna put all their previous games for sale internationally. I don't think European or American audiances are quite ready for the likes of Battle Raper or Raplay to be actually officially publicly avaliable. But this could at least mean that Illusion is interested in developing products that's geared toward the westerners/ETC, or at least consider the possible market in the English speaking world when they're developing new games.

While Illusion does make the best 3D graphic adult games in Japan. The quality of the software it self are kinda still so-so when compared to the typical PC games we have here (Not quite a fair comparison, I know). But who knows... Only time will tell if they've made the right move in eyeing the market beyond their boarder.

Oh, also, if they're actually serious about this they'd probably be best to actually hire somebody who can speak fluent English. The translation is horrible as of now.

Thank you indeed for using DIGITOWN.

Only Japanese OS confirms the operation in the product of our company. Moreover, the play
    environment is only Japanese.
    I will assume all supports of the product are received though it doesn't apologize very much one
    and drink by it of a Japanese domestic resident.

When the product is bought, I hope externals that can be noted.
    Last edited by TheShadow; 11-05-2010, 02:59 PM.

• Originally posted by lauris71 View Post
    I am currently writing custom 3D poser/viewer application that can import SB3/DigiTown & other Illusion model formats (great thanks to Alamar for SB3utility format parsing code!)
    And I'd say I am very disappointed about what Illusion has done with my favourite girl

Thumbnail - Click to view original size Thumbnail - Click to view original size

At the left/back is original Esk Anderson from Des blood 4, at the right/front the one from Digitown. The latter has IMHO lot's of shortcomings:

1. Waist is thicker
    2. Breasts are bigger
    3. Legs are thicker
    4. Hair is thinner
    5. hips are wider
    6. Legs are shorter
    7. Neck is shorter
    8. What has happened with her cool platform boots?
    9. What has happened with her cool minidress?

Now, 1-3(4) can be explained by her being older now (Des Blood 4 came out at 2002 and I think Esk was 17 then), but still
    this is not hard for explain - in SB3 and DG we have only 3 main body types shared among all character models - only heads, hairs and body textures differing.

btw, very cool looking program, mind you share it ?

Comment

• @lauris71
      Wow that looks too good to be true!

I volunteer for beta testing.

Comment

• lauris71,

I hope you don't mind a few questions:

1. Does this take the place of the internal viewer for Digitown/Gravure?
        2. What is the limit on models/items in the scene? (i.e., the number of girls in Digitown is limited to 5 and items to 25).
        3. Will you be able to move the models around in the viewer (i.e., positioning, rotation, etc.)

Looks very interesting! A salute to you!
        Attached Files
        Be kind! When you discuss real world physics in anime, a cat-girl dies!

Comment

• Originally posted by warior View Post
          this is not hard for explain - in SB3 and DG we have only 3 main body types shared among all character models - only heads, hairs and body textures differing.

btw, very cool looking program, mind you share it ?

Yeah, although original Esk had more like Maya bodytype IMHO Too bad the models in DB4 have very low-quality skeletons, so they cannot easily be used for posing.
          My program is under GPL, so if you are interested, I can give you source. Although compiling it at moment can be a bit tricky, and it is not in such shape yet that distributing binaries would make much sense.
          Shinya - an adventure game in techdemo stage http://lauris.kaplinski.com/shinya/
          Khayyam 3D - a scene building/rendering tool for Poser, Illusion, Collada, OBJ, 3DS models. http://khayyam.kaplinski.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinbad View Post
            lauris71,

I hope you don't mind a few questions:

1. Does this take the place of the internal viewer for Digitown/Gravure?
            2. What is the limit on models/items in the scene? (i.e., the number of girls in Digitown is limited to 5 and items to 25).
            3. Will you be able to move the models around in the viewer (i.e., positioning, rotation, etc.)

Looks very interesting! A salute to you!
            1. Yep, the viewer is 100% custom written. It is still very much work in process and cannot do everything Digitown/gravure does (like sparkles and glow) but on the other hand can have unlimited number of lights/shadows.
            2. There is no hard limit, but having more than few models needs some serious work on optimisation of code.
            3. At moment I can move/rotate and pose models.

Posing screenshot:

Thumbnail - Click to view original size

I plan to put it into SourceForge as soon, as it has some usability to wider audience (or someone is interested in co-developing it).
            Shinya - an adventure game in techdemo stage http://lauris.kaplinski.com/shinya/
            Khayyam 3D - a scene building/rendering tool for Poser, Illusion, Collada, OBJ, 3DS models. http://khayyam.kaplinski.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by lauris71 View Post
              1. Yep, the viewer is 100% custom written. It is still very much work in process and cannot do everything Digitown/gravure does (like sparkles and glow) but on the other hand can have unlimited number of lights/shadows.
              2. There is no hard limit, but having more than few models needs some serious work on optimisation of code.
              3. At moment I can move/rotate and pose models.

Posing screenshot:

Thumbnail - Click to view original size

I plan to put it into SourceForge as soon, as it has some usability to wider audience (or someone is interested in co-developing it).
              cool, btw on tombraiderforums.com exists similar project called XNALara for Tomb Raider underworld characters written on XNA.

Comment

• Awesome.. I hope for the posing ability power of MikuMikuDance

[youtube]Jx1qLlbtCQI[/youtube]
                the IK bone + center bone ability 5:30 till the end . If your poser can do that, it'll be better then DG
                Last edited by ToxicKing; 03-08-2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• lauris71 can you add Collada DAE export, I would love to get my hands on fully rigged DesBlood mdoels

I extracted the static mesh from a really old japanese program and rigged the model myself.

..but if I can get my hands on the actual game rigged model ^_^ omg that would heaven.

good work on the poser app by the way, I like that you've got active shadow on. and you were successful in importing that model materials properly.

-goodluck
                  DOWNLOAD DIGITAL GIRL MODS
                  http://digitown.leadhoster.com/

Comment

• this looks sick i wish i could play but i can't get the game to work properly stupid vista lol

Comment

• Originally posted by mariokart64n View Post
                      lauris71 can you add Collada DAE export, I would love to get my hands on fully rigged DesBlood mdoels

I extracted the static mesh from a really old japanese program and rigged the model myself.

..but if I can get my hands on the actual game rigged model ^_^ omg that would heaven.

good work on the poser app by the way, I like that you've got active shadow on. and you were successful in importing that model materials properly.

-goodluck
                      I'll do that someday. Currently I am trying to get Collada import to work - export is definitely easier

But I have to warn you, that DB4 rigs are somewhat mess. There are only few finger bones, body bones are connected in weird way, shoulders lack proper bone structure etc. I have the feeling, that the animations are applied to the skeleton/frames using some external pipeline and lot of meta information is lost. So re-rigging them may even give better results.
                      Also, the subtle beauty of Esk movements (and probably others too - haven't checked) comes largely from morphs - both the movement of her hair and skirt are morphed - there are no bones.

But anyways, I'll let you know if I'll get something working.

Comment

• oh I see. I thought you had used the SB3U code in your app to open the files directly. but from the sounds of it, your using it to export from the games files to DAE?

anyway sounds solid. I know looking at RL last night the model weights were messed up. actually the models transforms were offseted to the pivot of the bones, so it caused this distorted look to the skinned models. though it was easy to fix in 3dmax. just copied the skin weights. moved the object to where it was pose to be, then pasted the weights back on. fixed.

so DAE might be a awesome idea, then any user content can be added easily. DAE seems to be supported but XSI, MAYA, and 3DSMAX. so wow. your app is already an awesome idea!! it's EPIC

also I started rigging some DesBloodVR models a few days ago.. and just wondering if you plan to also look into that format or not. if not that's cool, its just if you were it would save me some effort. alot of the models are not in a conventional Tpose.

that's actually me testing the rig (bad example) but you can see on the left side her arms don't stick out 90* from the body.. they actually stick forward. making it impossible to rig them properly if I wanted to move her arm all the way up. I'll have to rig it, pose it, then remodel a bit fix the skeleton then paste back the weights. that's what makes it sorta a pain. so if your code works on VR as well.. wow that also be heaven. but no disappear. DB4 was the best illusion game of all time!

EDIT
                        Last edited by mariokart64n; 03-10-2009, 01:00 AM.
                        DOWNLOAD DIGITAL GIRL MODS
                        http://digitown.leadhoster.com/

Comment

• I really want to have more accessories to play with in DG. Like heels, earring, bracelets, necklaces would be awesome!! XD
                          *love the legs*
                          sigpic

Comment

• I always ran into some weird difference for each Illusion game, so I couldn't make a universal importer/exporter. That's why a lot of the import/export things are broken in SB3U. If you ever figure it out or come up with a workaround for each game, please let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariokart64n View Post
                              oh I see. I thought you had used the SB3U code in your app to open the files directly. but from the sounds of it, your using it to export from the games files to DAE?

anyway sounds solid. I know looking at RL last night the model weights were messed up. actually the models transforms were offseted to the pivot of the bones, so it caused this distorted look to the skinned models. though it was easy to fix in 3dmax. just copied the skin weights. moved the object to where it was pose to be, then pasted the weights back on. fixed.

so DAE might be a awesome idea, then any user content can be added easily. DAE seems to be supported but XSI, MAYA, and 3DSMAX. so wow. your app is already an awesome idea!! it's EPIC

also I started rigging some DesBloodVR models a few days ago.. and just wondering if you plan to also look into that format or not. if not that's cool, its just if you were it would save me some effort. alot of the models are not in a conventional Tpose.

that's actually me testing the rig (bad example) but you can see on the left side her arms don't stick out 90* from the body.. they actually stick forward. making it impossible to rig them properly if I wanted to move her arm all the way up. I'll have to rig it, pose it, then remodel a bit fix the skeleton then paste back the weights. that's what makes it sorta a pain. so if your code works on VR as well.. wow that also be heaven. but no disappear. DB4 was the best illusion game of all time!

[

were can i get .PP unpacker for those old games ?

Comment

• btw ive been trying to import an oblivion mesh into digi tho im havein one problem i dont know how to fix

Comment

Working...
                                X