Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Illusion to release 3D character poser, Digital Girl Rin(!?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illusion to release 3D character poser, Digital Girl Rin(!?)

http://www.illusion.jp/digitown.html

http://www.digitown.net/

[Mod Release AND Discussion Thread] (Illusion) Digitown - Digital girl

Or rather, Illusion has released a little 3D character posing kit. It's basically just a program where you're free to dress and pose a 3D model of Rin from Illusion's Biko 3. It's kinda expensive seeing how that's all it does and it still costs 26 dollars.

What's actually neat is that the official page (digitown) where you can purchase the little gimmick is also fully translated in English (!). Are they hinting that they might start putting more of their products open for sales in Europe/America/ETC? Maybe not full fledged games at first, but little gimmicky stuffs like Digital Girl Rin.

Now I doubt they're actually gonna put all their previous games for sale internationally. I don't think European or American audiances are quite ready for the likes of Battle Raper or Raplay to be actually officially publicly avaliable. But this could at least mean that Illusion is interested in developing products that's geared toward the westerners/ETC, or at least consider the possible market in the English speaking world when they're developing new games.

While Illusion does make the best 3D graphic adult games in Japan. The quality of the software it self are kinda still so-so when compared to the typical PC games we have here (Not quite a fair comparison, I know). But who knows... Only time will tell if they've made the right move in eyeing the market beyond their boarder.

Oh, also, if they're actually serious about this they'd probably be best to actually hire somebody who can speak fluent English. The translation is horrible as of now.

Thank you indeed for using DIGITOWN.

Only Japanese OS confirms the operation in the product of our company. Moreover, the play
    environment is only Japanese.
    I will assume all supports of the product are received though it doesn't apologize very much one
    and drink by it of a Japanese domestic resident.

When the product is bought, I hope externals that can be noted.
    Last edited by TheShadow; 11-05-2010, 02:59 PM.

• wow it's sad to see filefront waste away like this. maybe it would have been better if they just shut it down as planned. kinda useless if nobody can access the files ~_~

anyway I'll be using rapidshare I guess:
    DOWNLOAD: dg_lisa_v0.2beta.zip

and yes, an update on Maria.
    >the hair transparency actually works now!

before I used the latest SB3U to import the hair with Collada(DAE) but that caused the transparacny to be disabled. I knew it had to be a simple flag or some option you had to tick on.. but I never found it. so this time around I used the older version, and imported the MQO files. MQO import seems very stable over DAE. unfortuntly DAE is the most important, because that lets me inject new skinned objects.

skin = movable
    static = doesn't move

also if your wondering the option "copy bones" needs to be turned on when importing MQO's for the hair. I'm assuming this makes the hair static. if it wasn't then importing new mesh objects with no weights will cause errors.

anyway.. more on the procedure later.

DOWNLOAD: dg_maria_v0.2beta.zip (Compressed with 7zip, may not work with winrar or winzip)
    DOWNLOAD: dg_maria_v0.2beta_repack_.zip (compressed using winrar, should unpack for most)

still slightly buggy, some of the transparency makes another layer of texture completely invisible. more not noticeable unless you look really hard though.

also got alittle bit more insight about how this game handles transparency.
    It would seem the game can only handle one model plain using a transparent texture. once the texture overlaps itself, the engine can't distinguish what part of the texture to show over the other.. causing this weird see-through inverted thing that's unsightly.

But some how the game can layer multiple transparent textures, using a hierarchy of modeled plains or parts. the hair for example is in like 20 pieces. but it's a hierarchy so one mesh part will have prority or overlap the other.. it gets very complicated. almost a hit and miss trial and error kinda deal to get the hair to look ..just right. mine of course isn't. model is still in beta phase

though once I get the process down pat, I'll try to record it in a guide then pump out some model requests. then we can password the releases with phrases like "UVsucks"
    Last edited by mariokart64n; 05-19-2009, 12:26 PM.
    DOWNLOAD DIGITAL GIRL MODS
    http://digitown.leadhoster.com/

Comment

• ok ..im not sure if this is something new but take a look at this ..the first picture is about scale and the other one is about changeing the the hugeness of the tits
      you can also experiment and change different parts with other values
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BlackHawk; 05-19-2009, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariokart64n View Post
        though once I get the process down pat, I'll try to record it in a guide then pump out some model requests. then we can password the releases with phrases like "UVsucks"
        You get cookies just for that

Just so you know, right before they closed their damn door to us, your beta Maria mod was the last thing they requested in their imageboard

edit:
        Is it just me.. or do anyone else got 0 byte maria.pp?
        Last edited by ToxicKing; 05-19-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Sorry I got a PM about this aswell. I used 7-Zip this time to get a better compression. I guess winzip and winrar are unable to unzip the files properly. if you have 7zip(it's 100% free) then you can unzip these files.

otherwise I have recompressed the files using winrar, so this should be openable for most.

again, I'm open for suggestion for the next mod. ? u guys want me to finish off a beta, or do an other girl.

keep in mind SB3U has no support for morph targets, morph targets are used to give the character facial animation. so in a final build of my mod, I would have to release 3 versions of the same model. neutral, happy, and sad. you can then use the model swap function in DG to change the characters expression that way.

here's the repack for maria beta2
          DOWNLOAD: dg_maria_v0.2beta_repack_.zip

Comment

• Definitely more DOA girls..! To me, the betas seem perfectly fine for simply using them in a DG capacity.

Or, another suggestion might be some Resident Evil models? I have no idea how they would look in DG, but some Ada, Jill or Rebecca rips would be awesome. Leifang, Tina, Christie and Hitomi would be sweet too.

Comment

• sounds like a cool idea, I'll get rebecca's leather outfit from RE0 in next.

Comment

• I think creating a model with "AG3 Make" and editing it for DG, it could works too. We'd have a bunch of options to custom the girls.
                Last edited by Tepic; 05-19-2009, 03:54 PM.
                I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Comment

• @Starla,

Sorry for being late in replying. I only have a couple of hours a night (if that) to work on mods, so I usually only reply in the evening when I have something to report.

You're using Metasequoia to resize the meshes? That could be the problem. At least, I think so. I don't have this model, so can't look at the mesh numbers or try resizing her myself to check. What mod is she in?

I thought you were using hinj1's method of resizing. Read this post.
                  Although it refers to AG3, the method works just as well in DGR (as you saw in the Bael picture). It's under the "Spoiler" tag. BlackHawk's method of resizing Yuko's breasts is the same procedure.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...postcount=2450

Also, you might try it on one of the original models just to make sure you have the method correct.

Hope this will work!

@BlackHawk,

Nice find! I didn't know the models had separate breast meshes. Hmmm... I need to try and "reduce" her breasts and see what happens...
                  Last edited by Sinbad; 05-19-2009, 08:44 PM. Reason: Realization that models DO have breasts! :)
                  Be kind! When you discuss real world physics in anime, a cat-girl dies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tepic View Post
                    I think creating a model with "AG3 Make" and editing it for DG, it could works too. We'd have a bunch of options to custom the girls.
                    I think everything in AG3 uses grey scale maps, and morph targets to shape the body. since we can't exptract morph targets.. and we can't accurately adjust the materials.. I think that would be sorta hard to do. and we can't recode how DG is.

Comment

• Experiments

@BlackHawk,

Tried your method. Seems to work fine! I bet the other numbers under "mune"
                      can be used to adjust position and shape. Be fun to play with them and find out. See picture.

@ToxicKing,

Well, combining the two panty meshes actually worked pretty well! There are some collisions in some poses, but I think I can fix them with a little mesh adjustment. She's coming along (Finally!).
                      Attached Files

Comment

• YES YES YES!!!!

Lost of words @.@

Yuko with tiny boobs just dont sit well for me

Edit:
                        I have a question.. I had a mod that is soo shiny, yet, I check the body texture in the pp and its basically just normal skin texture.. so what make the girl shiny?

@ Mario .. Maria and DoA girls are heaven sent for me .. other games girls are not interested .. Maybe Pai Chan, Sarah Bryant, Vanessa Lewis and Aoi Umenokouji :3
                        Last edited by ToxicKing; 05-19-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• I was thinking.. the hair texture properties get lost when I use DAE injection. DAE injection is needed to skin weight new model parts. exmaple: hair.

since static injection, using MQO works and doesn't lose the texture properties.. I had a thought

import new model with MQO (hair properties are retained)
                          >save pp
                          then import the same model with DAE (hair properties are now lost)
                          >weight the hair static.
                          >then save the pp as a different name

if the 2 pp's are the exact same size, I can create a ppf patch to patch back the lost properties when importing skin weight changes with DAE.

it's complicated.. but it's a possible solution to the hair issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToxicKing View Post
                            Yuko with tiny boobs just dont sit well for me
                            Actually, nor with me. But the technique is useful.

Edit:
                            I have a question.. I had a mod that is soo shiny, yet, I check the body texture in the pp and its basically just normal skin texture.. so what make the girl shiny?
                            Luckily, I have SB3Utility on on the other computer. Check under materials, find the one for your "shiny" parts and check under the "material" tab on the right. You will see settings such as "Diffuse RGBA" and "Specular RGBA". Which one controls brightness, light I can't remember. Try them one at a time and you should dampen the shininess. I only fooled around with them while working on Sheryl's hair. Good luck!

PS> Oh, and check one of the other girl's skin settings for the numbers!

@mariokart64n,

You've lost me on the DAE injection. All I can say (since I don't know anything about the program), good luck also!
                            Last edited by Sinbad; 05-19-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• did you guys know you can scale the characters by hexing the all files(the preset pose files)

UPDATE1:
                              the (.all) files store poses that you create with your model. it does this by storing the coordinates of the model's bones. usually that data includes, Rotate, Position, and Size Data.

1 block of data for 1 bone is 64bytes long. broken up by 4byte floats
                              a float is scientific notation in a nut shell but represents a decimal value.
                              the so one block contains 16 number values that relate to [MOVE|ROTATE|SCALE]

keep in mind the first 4bytes of the (*.all) file is a header. then ever 64bytes represents 1 bone;

here I've figured out which each 4bytes(dword) means for each bone block.

>I still need to figure out which controls which bones... but I don't think that's important right now. what may interest others, is the fact you can completely resize your character without having to change the nodes for each character. if you mod one (*.all) file, you can apply it to any character in your tier

X Scale
                              Y Rotate(+)
                              Z Rotate(+)
                              X FOV {always 1}
                              Y Rotate(+)
                              Z Scale
                              X Rotate(-)
                              Z FOV {always 1}
                              Z Rotate(-)
                              X Rotate(-)
                              Y Scale
                              Y FOV {always 1}
                              X Move {always 0}
                              Z Move {always 0}
                              Y Move {always 0}
                              ScaleXYZ {always 1}

here's a demo of what I mean, I can scale the root of one bone, and it scales the entire bone change for that model. I'm guessing if I can find the root bone scale value in the header then the whole body will scale as one. and yes the nodes also follow

I can also move the bones.. but that's not really any advantage as of yet

UPDATE2:
                              to completely rescale your character, you have to resize 2 locations. one bone that controls the upper part of the body, and another bone that controls the lower half.
                              here are the Offsets to change

0x00000040
                              0x00000B80

again its a float, so your changing the 4bytes at that location. you can use this online float calculator to input your own scale factor.
                              http://babbage.cs.qc.cuny.edu/IEEE-754/Decimal.html

your going to input a deciamal number and copy the hexidecimal number. that is the hex you'll replace at the offset locations. you'll also have to reverse the order of the numbers, since the (*.all) file is in big endian.

example you type 1.21 into the calculator and hit calculate. you get a hexidecimal value of " 3F 9A E1 47 "
                              now when you replace the value in your file, you have to reverse the order, so what your typing is " 47 E1 9A 3F "

last thing.. 2 makes it half the size(smaller) 0.5 makes it double in size(bigger)

here are preset pose files I've hexed for you. containing one eighth larger preset and one eighth smaller preset.
                              -have fun

http://rapidshare.com/files/23507280...oses_lg_sm.zip

UPDATE3:

I'm always in and out of DG to test stuff.. and the menu music was really getting on my nerves!

so I nulled (deleted) the menu music. you can get the pp patch here if you want. sound files were just OGG compressed sound wav's

http://rapidshare.com/files/23514024...l_menu_snd.zip

UPDATE4:

I have rebecca's model sorted out, just need to plan out what to do with it. do I spend the time, to remodel her body.. or do I just use a generic DG body, and stick her head on it.
                              then again maybe it'll have more value to people if I just left her model as is. then again I can make her pants and shirt a seperate layer in DG... you'd be able to toggle it on and off. but this choice requires me to remodel her a new body.

Last edited by mariokart64n; 05-20-2009, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• @BlackHawk

thanks!!!...it was very useful, I succeeded resizing the whole body, I could say that all my problems were solved, but (and there is always one), I can't seem to get it with the resizing the boobs, I don't really know if it's a problem with this particular model, since I didn't really had too much time to work on today.

@sinbad

thanks for your response, I was using the best method that I could imagine,......think I should have researched more.....the model It's resized...I still have troubles with the boobs, but I can see that you could, so I'll keep trying, and specially with original characters

by thet way, here's the model in question

http://tracker.hongfire.com/forum/sh...&postcount=897

EDIT:
                                Forget abut this is all solved, the resize method works fine, as BlackHawk and Sinbad said....hehe...thanks a lot guys

I think mariokart64n's method is interesting, but too much for me, I'll check it in the weekend

PD: I also want to try exporting models from other games,...but I need to learn one or two (thousand) things
                                Last edited by Starla; 05-20-2009, 12:44 AM.
                                Idleness is the mother of all vices, and as every mother deserves respect

Comment

Working...
                                X