Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

[Mod Release + Discussion Thread]TechArts3D Custom Girl TDCG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Release + Discussion Thread]TechArts3D Custom Girl TDCG

This thread is supposed to be used for any modding releases for the TechArts3D Custom Girl TDCG game.

Do not post logins and passwords of sites, that are not related to Hongfire!

__________________________________________________ ________________

In this post I want to provide some tools that will aid the modding process a little.

Most important now is konoa's TDCGexplorer. A really useful tool to browse tons of mods and preselect the ones you actually want to use in the game. It also contains such functionality like e.g. compatibility checks for mods (collission detection + repair options).

You can read more about TDCGexplorer on Sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.jp/projects/tdcgexplorer/

The first tool is a TAH decrypter. It works similar to Alamar's AG3Decrypt. Simply drag and drop a TAH file or an extracted folder over it and it will start de/en-crypting it.

I am not sure if it is just my Console but I could not get it to understand unicode characters. If you want to use this tool, make sure the path contains only plain ASCII characters.

For building a TAH file it will create a temporary file for the compressed data. So you need twice the free space of the TAH target size for encrypting TAH files.

The compression that is used is lazy. Not that lazy, but lazy enough, that a recompressed TAH file is larger then the original one. Therefore it is quite fast and you don't have extremely long compression times.

The second tool is the TSOdecrypter. It converts TSO files into DirectX compatible files and those back into TSO files. It is used like the TAHdecrypter, simply drag and drop. Yet has the same restriction of exclusively accepting ASCII characters in path names.

There is a short guide that will explain, how one can import/export the model file (x-file) into 3D Studio Max 9 with Polytrans Ex/Import plugins v4.4.

Materials are not assigned in the x-file (I did not figure that one out yet). The materials appear to be defined in the shader scripts. So getting a good conversion for that is something I still have to find out about.

The source code is provided with the files. If you feel like building your own tools based on this, I'ld strongly support this (as much as I can).

TMO files contain animation data. I have not looked into them yet. I don't know if I will ever write a tool that will convert these files. Well, lets just say, don't hold your breathe for it.

I strongly advice to keep the folder structure of exported TSO files. Any changes to it, might have funny results (the game holds meta knowledge about folders and file names, so it is essential to keep the folder structure so that the game can find the content later in the TSO file).

Both programs need the .NET Framework 3.5 (afaik)

Let me give the modders a little advice. One should calculate in approximately 10GB of free disk space to mod effectively. I would use one TAH extraction folder only for recompression. Thats were your final changes go in.
    Then there is second working folder, were additional modding data and the original data resides. The advantage is in that working folder all the extracted TSO folders can reside while the compression is folder is kept clean for compression tasks.

Filenames are not very meaningfull. But here is a little advice.... the body+face meshes have a size of 2129kB

What else...

Some statistics for the released game for TAH en/de-cryption:

base.tah size original: 1,250,685,493 B
    extracted folder size: 3,589,881,106 B
    recompressed tah-file size: 1,282,763,944 B

For NForce2 MB w 1,5GB RAM DDR400 200MHz AthlonXP3000+ (Barthon):

decompression time: 6 min
    compression time: 17 min

*Many thanks to the author of the original TAH decrypter for crass.
    *I just ripped and converted parts of the code from C++ to C#.
    *I'ld like to contact and credit the author of this code but could
    *not yet find him/her. (Idk japanese/chinese)
    *I believe I have to thank ウユ拮ケォル though I could be wrong...

Download link

For modders I figured the following posts in this thread are of special interest:

Besides reading carefully what I wrote in this post and in the download section I want modders to know that TSOdecrypter requires a clean of all windows garbage files directory structure for TSO encoding. So please assure there is no Thumbs.db or something alike in the directories.

This post explains how tah mods must be named in order to be loaded before the original game content is loaded:
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=82

You surely want to have meaningful file names when decrypting TAH files, just put the names.txt in the same folder as TAHdecrypter:
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=86

This post explains how to make new content
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=102

Sometimes there seem to be problems with Adobe Photoshop and Textures (that I cannot reproduce with my Photoshop CS2, maybe someone can send me such a broken file. llucia mentioned something about transparency bytes being written differently, if that is the case I should be able to find some usefull information in the bmp header)
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=114

Here is some extra information that might be usefull if you want to mod x-files:
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=217

Its been reported that the x-files are deadly for XSI (since I do not have XSI installed I don't know why, because the x-files are according to the MS design specs for x-files).
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=221

A little mesh editing Tutorial using 3DS Max 9 + Okino Polytrans plugins.
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=312

llucia wrote an utility that allows for an easy modification of the character's hair color and hair options in general.
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=223

Here is a list that maps content descriptions to the somewhat cryptic file names (by mastress)

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=275

p.s. if you think something important for modding in this thread is not listed here, please pm me to get it added here (I need a clean descriptive and informative post in this thread in order to link to it, take http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=223 as an example).
    Last edited by J1327; 12-30-2009, 03:08 AM.

Um, shouldn't this be under the Modding\Translation section? Glad to see somebody getting the modding ball to rolling tho.

(feel free to erase my post)

Comment

I think Moderators can move it there. I cannot create a new thread in the Club section.

Comment

Sounds fun. I'll start playing around with this tonight. Man, it's going to e a pain to manage and redestribute mods. Ah well.

EDIT: Good lord, I'm going to need a map of all this before I can even hope to find the files I need to do anything.
        Last edited by Cassara; 06-15-2008, 11:00 PM.

Comment

anyone know the body tso file name? if you find out i will make a real uncensor meaning a vagina...

edit: found 1 body texture! file name starts with a bunch of 0's then 4987 then a bunch of numbers hope that helps?>?
          Last edited by tommybomb; 06-16-2008, 12:35 AM.
          REP POWA!

Comment

As I said in my posting, you are better of sorting this by file sizes. Body+Face TSOs are exactly 2129kB of size. The original filenames are stored somewhere inside the game executable. Most filenames have the format:

NthFileCreated_hashEntryInTahLUT.extension

For some strange reason, the files in the scripts folder have file names encoded in the file index header of the tah archive.

Comment

ok so i tried to edit the body texture. i loaded up the game with the new base and it worked fine the i choose the skin that i edited and it freezes... dang. i bet you have to edit the script file of the texture or something... i wish we had a tool for that?
              REP POWA!

Comment

Originally posted by tommybomb View Post
                ok so i tried to edit the body texture. i loaded up the game with the new base and it worked fine the i choose the skin that i edited and it freezes... dang. i bet you have to edit the script file of the texture or something... i wish we had a tool for that?
                No what you did was not wrong. I figured out that programs like Photoshop add useless bytes at the end of a file if you save it. This will mess up the TSO file structure. I am currently working on that problem (This problem does not occur on all textures but most of them).

Comment

Finally we have modding thread..I'll look forward it

Comment

Okay, I corrected the texture issue and tried something out. As a result I got a reference TSO file that is a modified white body (the second).

I am sure you guys will make a far better texture.

Some advice I want to give though:

Always use the RGBA format for textures (no matter if TGA or BMP). In Photoshop CS2 that means, saving BMPs with the 32bit option.

You can resize textures, but do not rename them.

Tip: Testing mods is easier in the Trial version, since the smaller TAH file encrypts faster.

modded TSO file for the mentioned second white body
                    Attached Files

Comment

ok so...RGBA format and 32bit BMPs ill try that does this fix the size of the file problem?
                      REP POWA!

Comment

Originally posted by tommybomb View Post
                        ok so...RGBA format and 32bit BMPs ill try that does this fix the size of the file problem?
                        I fixed it in the TSOdecrpyter, you maybe have to download the new version. Sorry for he inconvenience.

Originally posted by BakaYalo
                        Mr. J1327!
                        Could I re-upload "[TDCG]TDCG_MOD_TOOLS.7z" to the other forums?
                        Sure you can. If you want you can hot-link to it on my webspace. That way you keep it alwys updated (maybe other users find some new bugs ).

direct link to my webspace

Comment

would i be asking for too much if we could get a tmo decrypter (kinda curious about what's in them)

Comment

Originally posted by Wong2005 View Post
                            would i be asking for too much if we could get a tmo decrypter (kinda curious about what's in them)
                            In the tmo files is animation data. Actually I am currently getting the TSOdecrypter to accept what I export from 3DSMax. I underestimated Okino Polytrans in killing the original vertex order, which is not so nice, since the mesh faces are implicitly defined by the vertex order. So once I solved the TSO stuff, I might think about writing a TMOdecrypter.

Comment

Hmm...is anyone working on a full uncensor yet, with the textures? I'm willing to do one, but if any other modders are already going for it, I don't want to interfere.

Comment

Working...
                              X