Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

devOSD - A japanese galge/eroge/visual novel translation helper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devOSD - A japanese galge/eroge/visual novel translation helper

ABOUT | HOMEPAGE & TUTORIAL | CHANGELOG
    Real description:
    devOSD is an anti-aliased, customizable subtitle-like text overlay to be used in Japanese games, capable of grabbing translated text from multiple sources, speaking currently displayed text with Text-to-speech API and mirroring clipboards across virtual machines and host PC.
    Simple description:
    devOSD takes translated text from Translation Aggregator and displays it Over your game. Only for AGTH / ITH users.

DOWNLOADS
    CURRENT VERSION: N-eXT - From now on versioning will be solely date/time based.
    DOWNLOAD NEXT-OSD (including dictionaries) [~14mb compressed] [~110mb uncompressed]
    CRC32: A80D0692
    MD5: 3D4C239355801D9D2B0B801BA9047B1F
    SHA-1: D2E39BBCF381C402212B45299CD57FEF33CB657F

DOWNLOAD NEXT-OSD (without dictionaries) [~1mb compressed] [~3mb uncompressed]
    CRC32: 17B3D0E1
    MD5: A7517DBCBED3C721ABC99F10A4A9056B
    SHA-1: 5CF8CF6D8B0703E6E9461AB43DE0530C4FA3DACA

DOWNLOAD FORWARDER CLIENT 0.6.0.0 (for vmware/remote machines) [~24k compressed] [~40k uncompressed]
    CRC32: BB85036B
    MD5: 3F429F3EC8BA9EE44FF82EED609132F0
    SHA-1: 603B368DDAE2F358716E6C49AECE35674EEDBAEA

INFORMATION
    devOSD N-EXT is fully portable and does not require administrative permissions per se.
    However it does require read/write access to it's own directory.
    As such it's best to not put it in Program Files, root C drive or any other protected folders.
    My documents or Downloads should work without problems.

Due to this version being in constant development the update check is mandatory for now and although downloading the new versions is optional (F9 hotkey to download and install it) I strongly recommend keeping devOSD up to date. Builds are automated and you will get the latest version as soon as the code changes.

Features as of N-EXT:
    • Native atlas translation support. Atlas only needs to be installed. No TA required for that.
    • Native romanization via kakasi (Requires japanese locale.)
    • Text-to-speech engine with voice selection and progress indicators
    • Selectable input sources including: CLIPBOARD, ACTIVE WINDOW TITLE, AGGREGATOR, FORWARDER, LEC (coming soon)
    • Unlimited regular expression support for pre-processing text
    • Unlimited custom replacements for text and voice manipulation
    • Text history (Scroll Wheel Up / Down)
    • Visual selection of words and live suggestion of names. JMNDict (name database) included. If you don't need it then deleting DictionaryJMnedict.xml will speed up loading time by 2 seconds.

Illustrated mini feature showcase:
    Spoiler
    • Right click anywhere inside the window for the settings context menu.
    • Most options are self-explanatory.
    • To get the context menu in borderless mode, right click the little rectangle in the bottom-left corner of the osd window
    • When you have some text containing a name hit F1 to enter (or exit) Visual Dictionary Editor mode.
    • Select the text that would be the name and right click. If you have JNMDict loaded you get all the suggestions corresponding to the selected text if there are any matches.
    • Clicking any of them adds them to the custom replacement dictionary and automatically fills all fields.
    • If you disabled jmndict or no matches are found, you can manually add the word and populate the fields yourself. If no voice transcription is set the TTS engine will attempt to use the default kanji. Click the play buttons in the fields to preview voice.
    • It is good practice to set your entries groups per game so you can use the rectangle in the group field to toggle entire groups on and off. At the top of the window you have a grouping checkbox toggle and a filter for the group field.
    • You can also skip the Visual Dic Editor and directly access the dictionaries via F2 where you can add, remove and toggle all entries.
    • The thing above is the Visual RegEx manager. All enabled Regular expressions are executed on new text according to their order. Use the arrows to change order.
    • Use included entries as samples or hit Help button for some basic reg-ex info.
    • Timing is in cpu ticks not in milliseconds
    Requirements:
    • OS: Windows XP, Vista, Seven (9x/ME not supported) with .NET Framework 4.5
    • RECOMMENDED: Translation Aggregator by ScumSuckingPig (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395)
    • RECOMMENDED: LEC Power Translator 15 (Commercial Software)
    • RECOMMENDED: VoiceWare Misaki / Show / Miyu voices for Japanese Text-To-Speech functionality
    • SETTING REQUIRED: First window of translation aggregator has to include Translated clipboard text (source is irrelevant)
    • SETTING REQUIRED: LEC Power Translator 15 ClipTran must be running and set to JA-EN or whatever language you prefer in order to use it as a translation source

Forwarder / Virtual Machine Client Tutorial:
    Spoiler
    • Start devOSD on host computer, enable server (F3) ( optionally choose specific interface and port to bind to in Preferences (F12) ) Windows might ask for firewall clearance.
    • Start devOSDclient in VM - run it, enter the ip (You can get a list of local ip addresses using [ ? ] button.), connect, check clipboard monitor, optionally enable autoreconnect
    • Set agth options inside devOSDclient (agth included, has to be in same folder)
    • Either select a process (refresh if necessary) or drag game exe to client
    VM Global Hotkeys added (control Host Instance of devOSD 0.9.5.46+):
    • Autoclick (used when theres no fast-forward in games). Careful where you point that thing.
    • Toggle Bossmode (Hides or shows devOSD / TA)
    • Speak current clipboard text with selected voice
    • Clear text from OSD

CHANGELOG
    Refer to the changelog link at the top of this post.

Older versions
    Spoiler

devOSD7 Codename: ABSOLUTION [7.0.0.2 beta] RELEASED : DOWNLOAD
    Important: If you experience startup errors delete your old configuration settings (Win+R > rd /q /s %localappdata%\Devocalypse.com)
    [2011/10/31] 7.0.0.2 beta (you can use client module from 6.0.0.1)
    • added support for LEC Power Translator 15 ClipTran as a translation source. Must be running in ClipTran JP-EN mode.
    • added TAB key to quickly switch between TA & LEC (don't spam it or it will crash)
    • added Shift+TAB key to instantly romanize current kanji
    • added SPACE key to speak current text
    • fixed bug causing repeated voice spam in server mode\
    • fixed XLator not sending text to clipboard for translation (now works with both TA & LEC)
    • greatly inproved xlator functionality. Translated text is in a popup next to mouse pointer like in the 2.x.x.x versions

[2011/10/18] 7.0.0.1 beta (you can use client module from 6.0.0.1)
    • added configurable regular expressions to filter text before sending it to the speech buffer
    • reworked some panels and added an initial theme selection prompt
    [2011/10/17] 7.0.0.0 alpha (internal)
    • outline now works and is drawn as intended, before it was overlapped by the shadow making text less visible
    • fixed crashes and hangs during client-server operation caused by clipboard monitor reading a locked clipboard by a VM - migrated all calls to win32
    • revised most functions, optimized polling techniques and removed redundant workers
    • added new panels which replace the old dialogs and are a seamless part of the main GUI
    • added history with PgUp / PgDn or via Mouse Scroll Wheel
    • added complete GUI customization options in preferences
    • added theme support, theme manager and export capability as well as some built-in themes
    • added a variable transparency background which optionally fades when not in focus
    • added Background image support via drag & drop
    • added grounds for profile exporting to a URL-handler style string (work in progress)

devOSD6 Codename: VALHALLA [6.0.0.1] RELEASED : DOWNLOADBUGFIX 6.0.0.1:
    • Fixed crashes if Autospeak is enabled and you click text rapidly (both standalone and server mode).
    • Fixed bug with clipboard transfer failures and related message (server mode)
    NEW FEATURES:
    • All settings persist between startups: Position and Size, Translation Mode, TTS Status, TCP Server Status along with Interface and Port
    • Full customization is back (including Font face and colors) via an easy to use, centralized configuration panel (F12)
    • Virtual machine server is back. More stable and less error-prone. Defaults to ALL interfaces (0.0.0.0). Select interface and port in Preferences dialog (auto-detected)
    • Multiple instances support (ex: you can run one in TA mode and one in Romanizer mode)
    • Help window displaying keyboard shortcuts (F1)
    • Optimized a lot of code.
    MORE FEATURES:
    • XLate Mode - translate / romanize any text based control under mouse cursor
    • Windows7 Dynamic Jumplist (detects tools in same folder) & Speech progressbar
    • Automatic update checking and notification (no more ClickOnce) / onDemand downloading and authenticity checking.
    • Automatic scraping topmost TA window on startup (no interaction required)
    • Automouse clicker while holding (Global ) - more than 1000 clicks per minute
    • On demand (Global ) and automatic (Local ) text2speech using VW Show
    • On demand (Global ) and automatic (Local ) romanization via kakasi (included - even faster than TA)
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • All known issues fixed in 6.0.0.1
    • Report if you find any
    devOSD6 Client [0.6.0.0] RELEASED : DOWNLOAD
    • Added AutoReconnect option if connection dropped / server crash

Attached Files
    Last edited by Devocalypse; 11-27-2014, 09:06 AM.
    devOSD nEXT - advanced eroge translation overlay

I don't mind if you pack it but a better idea is to link to this thread so they can always get the latest version. I know it's a bit of a bother for them to have to add all the required sub components but that is the price to pay in the name of a more comfortable playing experience. Oh and stay tuned for more features in the new version.

Comment

Jehr this should be no Problem Thx anyway !
      ._.

Comment

Although you're probably aware of this, but this application is currently completely broken:

1. The file version in the file share site and the attachment is an older version than what is claimed in the message.
        2. The settings program claims to have downloaded the latest version but nothing happens.
        3. The settings program fails to download the updater with a meaningless error.
        4. No icon is created on the desktop.
        5. Ctrl+Alt+0 does nothing.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry for the late reply.
          The update system was completely broken due to problems with the versioning detection on the server and it somehow slipped by me unnoticed. Ive fixed the config module update functionality. All that is left is the notification from the core when an update is available.

Other than that i tested it in a blank virtual machine and it worked as it should. Here are the steps to take:
          1. Extract it somewhere and download TranslationAggregator and Agth to their respective subfolders
          2. Run devOSD (it will start the config module on first run). Approve your settings and make sure you have the correct paths.
          3. Run devOSD again to create the shortcut on desktop. From here on the Ctrl-Alt-0 should work. You can change that hotkey in the shortcut's properties.

Comment

I tried to use devOSD, but I can't get it to work. I have set it up like the instructions told me to and everything in devOSDconfig have become green V signs. I start the game and hit the hotkeys. The popup asks me if I want to hook to the right window and I confirm. Next thing I know I get the following error in devOSD.exe:
            Code:
            Error: Target label does not exist. The current thread will exit.

Specifically: setVoice11

Line#
            --->       1568: Menu,voices,addd,%VoiceArrayItem%,setVoice%A_Index%
            I tried to change voice, but it didn't change anything. Any idea on what I could try?

Comment

I haven't experienced that error, not on my test x86 XPsp3 VM, nor on a Win7 x64 and Win7 x86 machine. It seems to be voice related and more specifically it gives you the error after trying to enumerate the voices on the system in order to add them to the tray icon menu for on-the-fly switching. Now that I think of it according to the error you have 11 or more SAPI voices installed on your system and i added only 10 slots thinking even that was overkill. I've fixed that one and set the new version to 20 on the update server (run configurator and update from there). You can tell me if that fixes the problem.

Comment

That update fixed the issue and it appears that everything works as intended now. Thanks for a quick fix.

I have no idea why I have 11 voices (which I in fact do have. I just counted). My best guess is that it's some international version of XP even though it says US English. I once realised I qualified for a great student offer on XP and accepted it. It would seem that they made the CD with foreign exchange students in mind, hence the big number of languages they included voices for.

Comment

I have a new issue. It looks like everything works now, except the actual translation. The string it types is the input from AGTH.

I looked around DevOSD, Translation Aggregator and the forum to figure out where/how to enable ATLAS, but so far without any luck. I looked at the video, but it starts out in English which means my issue is completely avoided (otherwise the video is great). What should I do to get the translation running?

Note: I tried AGTH+ATLAS on their own and that works. Also DevOSD gives green V signs for everything. It doesn't look like I failed to install anything, hence the reason why I suspect this to be a settings issue (or possibly another bug)

Comment

I'm not really sure what you mean by "The string it types is the input from AGTH"
                    Video is a bit outdated as I do not have time to make a new one. In your case I'd recommend trying the following:

1. Test if TAggregator is properly working for you.
                    - launch the aggregator only
                    - make sure you have the ATLAS module enabled (window > Atlas)
                    - make sure on the Atlas module toolbar "Automatic Clipboard Translation" button is in a pressed state
                    - copy any japanese text to clipboard and see if TA translates it.

If not, then most probably theres a problem with your ATLAS installation.
                    You can download and reinstall V14 from here: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/servic...slation/atlas/

If text gets properly translated then there is one more thing to check.
                    Make sure that the atlas module within TA is the topmost / leftmost one otherwise devOSD will not hook it properly. If it is not, you can drag it around until it is.

That's it for now. If TA is working properly but devOSD isn't after you've done that, you can contact me on Skype so we can try to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Devocalypse View Post
                      If text gets properly translated then there is one more thing to check.
                      Make sure that the atlas module within TA is the topmost / leftmost one otherwise devOSD will not hook it properly. If it is not, you can drag it around until it is.
                      That's the problem. The top left one was "Original Text". After making sure it's ALTAS everything works perfectly. Now I can finally play and only pay attention to a single window.

Originally posted by Devocalypse View Post
                      I'm not really sure what you mean by "The string it types is the input from AGTH"
                      What I meant was: Say a dialogue in the game is StringA, then AGTH catches StringA (and it shows up in the AGTH window). DevOSD will then print StringA without modifying anything. This makes sense now since it was hooked at "Original Text", not the translated text.

Comment

I have a few feature requests/ideas for improvements.

The issues are regarding whenever the game asks the player to make a choice. I have two scenarios where it didn't work as well as I had hoped. The 3rd idea is more like support for the first two or a concept for implementation.

Scenario 1:
                        The text looks like this:
                        Code:
                        このまま寝てしまおう         このまま寝てしまおう            睡魔に抗う            睡魔に抗う
                        Both options are written twice and in one line. This makes ATLAS see it as one big sentence and the result is useless.

My idea is to get devOSD to have a hotkey to change the current string to
                        Code:
                        このまま寝てしまおう

睡魔に抗う
                        This can be done by changing whitespace to newline and removing dublicated lines.
                        ALTAS (and Google translate and whatever) will then see those as separate sentences and make a translation containing newlines to keep them apart. I wonder if there should be a setup for each game, such as "remove every 2nd sentence (on/off)" in order to make this fit as many games as possible.

Right now I have to change into TA and edit the original text like this. While it is possible it hurts the feeling of the pseudo fullscreen game (window filling the screen). I can only imagine how horrible it must be on a VM.
                        Scenario 2:
                        Dialogue and choices aren't in the same stream in all games. Here you will have to switch to AGTH, select the other stream, select the text to copy it and then do as written in scenario 1 to split the options.

My idea here is to store two stream H codes and then add a hotkey to switch between them. If the codes are stored as a primary and a secondary stream, then devOSD would be able to automatically start with the primary when the game starts, removing the need to go into AGTH once setup is complete.
                        Scenario 3:
                        Add a feature kind of like the romanize feature, except it should display the kanji/kana. This could be useful with the other two scenarios to verify that the translator actually gets the text you expect it to read. It would be even more useful if there is a "get next stream" hotkey because that way you can just get the kanji display and hit next until you get the right one, and then you save it as the default one. It could also be good with scenario 1 where you could see the string at the same time as the text on the screen while you trigger options, such as removing duplicates and then you get the result on the screen right away. This will ensure that you get the string you see on the screen before you translate it.

This is the ideas I got when trying out devOSD. All of them are just "nice to have" because the core concept works great and I really enjoy it. I never really liked AGTH because I ended up with multiple windows and it kind of killed all enjoyment in all VNs.

Comment

Regarding the case when the choices are shown in a different thread, I think there was a tool called AGTHGrab by Setsumi which combines the multiple threads by constantly polling agth but it seems inefficient to me to rely on that. If you are using the latest version of TA you can check out the internal HOOK which replaces agth completely from within TA (In TA > Ctrl + U - Internal Hook - Attach to Process -> Ctrl + M -> select streams you want translated). It might NOT work with all games yet, and in some cases converted AGTH codes do not work correctly and it cannot hook some threads properly which AGTH does by default but it has an option to designate which threads should be mixed and in a single output which is a lot better.

I see your point with the choices being on a single line but unfortunately devOSD relies on TA to feed the English text and that one spits it out as a single line regardless of whitespace or punctuation. There is a workaround but that would require splitting the choices within devOSD, feeding them to the clipboard (and TA) one by one, reconstruct them and show them as final output. Alas due to the nature of hooking there is no way to retain formatting while hooking so it is not possible to know when or where to add the break.

When TA hooking engine matures a bit more I think of rewriting devOSD to use that one as default and make agth optional. Until then I'm afraid you'll have to split the string yourself within TA by checking translate selected text in the Original Text window.

Comment

So basically you are saying that my ideas are nice concepts, but everything is pending on TA. I considered that answer before posting and I wondered if I should post it as an devOSD or TA issue since it's kind of both. If I posted it as TA, then it would be a bit out of scope to talk about devOSD hotkeys. Also the issue is minor if you are reading from the TA window anyway, making it a concern of devOSD users only.

I guess I will just have to wait for the TA hooking engine then. That's ok since it sounds like it's worth the wait and devOSD does provide the ability to enjoy untranslated games. It's not like I have encountered any gamestoppers or anything

Comment

Hmm i hope Devocalypse are still aktiv because i have still a Problem to hook Games over VMWare...

I get this error when i will connect to my PC

What i do?

First i start devOSD on VMWare (STRG+ALT+1) (changed)
                              After that he ask me to use the IP address default or no or Cancel, i press yes
                              and then i get this error msg and he doesnt Connect to devOSD on my PC ;(
                              ._.

Comment

In my VMWare example I am using a host-only network adapter so the default ip is configured for it. The easiest way would be to add a host-only network adapter, otherwise you can check the ip of your vmware NAT interface (start > run > cmd > ipconfig - look at Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet1 - note the Gateway address), choose No when it asks you if you want to use the default address and enter the one from the gateway. I've had mixed results when trying to bind to the NAT interface, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Thats why i suggest to add another host-only interface to your virtual machine configuration and use that one.

As i noticed you have STRG instead of CTRL i should note that the names of the components above are localized for the English windows version so you might have to search for their German counterparts if your OS is localized.

I've been busy lately but in my free time I am working on a rewrite of the entire network part to make it easier to use. I'll keep you posted once I have a working version.

Comment

Working...
                                X