Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

devOSD - A japanese galge/eroge/visual novel translation helper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devOSD - A japanese galge/eroge/visual novel translation helper

ABOUT | HOMEPAGE & TUTORIAL | CHANGELOG
    Real description:
    devOSD is an anti-aliased, customizable subtitle-like text overlay to be used in Japanese games, capable of grabbing translated text from multiple sources, speaking currently displayed text with Text-to-speech API and mirroring clipboards across virtual machines and host PC.
    Simple description:
    devOSD takes translated text from Translation Aggregator and displays it Over your game. Only for AGTH / ITH users.

DOWNLOADS
    CURRENT VERSION: N-eXT - From now on versioning will be solely date/time based.
    DOWNLOAD NEXT-OSD (including dictionaries) [~14mb compressed] [~110mb uncompressed]
    CRC32: A80D0692
    MD5: 3D4C239355801D9D2B0B801BA9047B1F
    SHA-1: D2E39BBCF381C402212B45299CD57FEF33CB657F

DOWNLOAD NEXT-OSD (without dictionaries) [~1mb compressed] [~3mb uncompressed]
    CRC32: 17B3D0E1
    MD5: A7517DBCBED3C721ABC99F10A4A9056B
    SHA-1: 5CF8CF6D8B0703E6E9461AB43DE0530C4FA3DACA

DOWNLOAD FORWARDER CLIENT 0.6.0.0 (for vmware/remote machines) [~24k compressed] [~40k uncompressed]
    CRC32: BB85036B
    MD5: 3F429F3EC8BA9EE44FF82EED609132F0
    SHA-1: 603B368DDAE2F358716E6C49AECE35674EEDBAEA

INFORMATION
    devOSD N-EXT is fully portable and does not require administrative permissions per se.
    However it does require read/write access to it's own directory.
    As such it's best to not put it in Program Files, root C drive or any other protected folders.
    My documents or Downloads should work without problems.

Due to this version being in constant development the update check is mandatory for now and although downloading the new versions is optional (F9 hotkey to download and install it) I strongly recommend keeping devOSD up to date. Builds are automated and you will get the latest version as soon as the code changes.

Features as of N-EXT:
    • Native atlas translation support. Atlas only needs to be installed. No TA required for that.
    • Native romanization via kakasi (Requires japanese locale.)
    • Text-to-speech engine with voice selection and progress indicators
    • Selectable input sources including: CLIPBOARD, ACTIVE WINDOW TITLE, AGGREGATOR, FORWARDER, LEC (coming soon)
    • Unlimited regular expression support for pre-processing text
    • Unlimited custom replacements for text and voice manipulation
    • Text history (Scroll Wheel Up / Down)
    • Visual selection of words and live suggestion of names. JMNDict (name database) included. If you don't need it then deleting DictionaryJMnedict.xml will speed up loading time by 2 seconds.

Illustrated mini feature showcase:
    Spoiler
    • Right click anywhere inside the window for the settings context menu.
    • Most options are self-explanatory.
    • To get the context menu in borderless mode, right click the little rectangle in the bottom-left corner of the osd window
    • When you have some text containing a name hit F1 to enter (or exit) Visual Dictionary Editor mode.
    • Select the text that would be the name and right click. If you have JNMDict loaded you get all the suggestions corresponding to the selected text if there are any matches.
    • Clicking any of them adds them to the custom replacement dictionary and automatically fills all fields.
    • If you disabled jmndict or no matches are found, you can manually add the word and populate the fields yourself. If no voice transcription is set the TTS engine will attempt to use the default kanji. Click the play buttons in the fields to preview voice.
    • It is good practice to set your entries groups per game so you can use the rectangle in the group field to toggle entire groups on and off. At the top of the window you have a grouping checkbox toggle and a filter for the group field.
    • You can also skip the Visual Dic Editor and directly access the dictionaries via F2 where you can add, remove and toggle all entries.
    • The thing above is the Visual RegEx manager. All enabled Regular expressions are executed on new text according to their order. Use the arrows to change order.
    • Use included entries as samples or hit Help button for some basic reg-ex info.
    • Timing is in cpu ticks not in milliseconds
    Requirements:
    • OS: Windows XP, Vista, Seven (9x/ME not supported) with .NET Framework 4.5
    • RECOMMENDED: Translation Aggregator by ScumSuckingPig (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395)
    • RECOMMENDED: LEC Power Translator 15 (Commercial Software)
    • RECOMMENDED: VoiceWare Misaki / Show / Miyu voices for Japanese Text-To-Speech functionality
    • SETTING REQUIRED: First window of translation aggregator has to include Translated clipboard text (source is irrelevant)
    • SETTING REQUIRED: LEC Power Translator 15 ClipTran must be running and set to JA-EN or whatever language you prefer in order to use it as a translation source

Forwarder / Virtual Machine Client Tutorial:
    Spoiler
    • Start devOSD on host computer, enable server (F3) ( optionally choose specific interface and port to bind to in Preferences (F12) ) Windows might ask for firewall clearance.
    • Start devOSDclient in VM - run it, enter the ip (You can get a list of local ip addresses using [ ? ] button.), connect, check clipboard monitor, optionally enable autoreconnect
    • Set agth options inside devOSDclient (agth included, has to be in same folder)
    • Either select a process (refresh if necessary) or drag game exe to client
    VM Global Hotkeys added (control Host Instance of devOSD 0.9.5.46+):
    • Autoclick (used when theres no fast-forward in games). Careful where you point that thing.
    • Toggle Bossmode (Hides or shows devOSD / TA)
    • Speak current clipboard text with selected voice
    • Clear text from OSD

CHANGELOG
    Refer to the changelog link at the top of this post.

Older versions
    Spoiler

devOSD7 Codename: ABSOLUTION [7.0.0.2 beta] RELEASED : DOWNLOAD
    Important: If you experience startup errors delete your old configuration settings (Win+R > rd /q /s %localappdata%\Devocalypse.com)
    [2011/10/31] 7.0.0.2 beta (you can use client module from 6.0.0.1)
    • added support for LEC Power Translator 15 ClipTran as a translation source. Must be running in ClipTran JP-EN mode.
    • added TAB key to quickly switch between TA & LEC (don't spam it or it will crash)
    • added Shift+TAB key to instantly romanize current kanji
    • added SPACE key to speak current text
    • fixed bug causing repeated voice spam in server mode\
    • fixed XLator not sending text to clipboard for translation (now works with both TA & LEC)
    • greatly inproved xlator functionality. Translated text is in a popup next to mouse pointer like in the 2.x.x.x versions

[2011/10/18] 7.0.0.1 beta (you can use client module from 6.0.0.1)
    • added configurable regular expressions to filter text before sending it to the speech buffer
    • reworked some panels and added an initial theme selection prompt
    [2011/10/17] 7.0.0.0 alpha (internal)
    • outline now works and is drawn as intended, before it was overlapped by the shadow making text less visible
    • fixed crashes and hangs during client-server operation caused by clipboard monitor reading a locked clipboard by a VM - migrated all calls to win32
    • revised most functions, optimized polling techniques and removed redundant workers
    • added new panels which replace the old dialogs and are a seamless part of the main GUI
    • added history with PgUp / PgDn or via Mouse Scroll Wheel
    • added complete GUI customization options in preferences
    • added theme support, theme manager and export capability as well as some built-in themes
    • added a variable transparency background which optionally fades when not in focus
    • added Background image support via drag & drop
    • added grounds for profile exporting to a URL-handler style string (work in progress)

devOSD6 Codename: VALHALLA [6.0.0.1] RELEASED : DOWNLOADBUGFIX 6.0.0.1:
    • Fixed crashes if Autospeak is enabled and you click text rapidly (both standalone and server mode).
    • Fixed bug with clipboard transfer failures and related message (server mode)
    NEW FEATURES:
    • All settings persist between startups: Position and Size, Translation Mode, TTS Status, TCP Server Status along with Interface and Port
    • Full customization is back (including Font face and colors) via an easy to use, centralized configuration panel (F12)
    • Virtual machine server is back. More stable and less error-prone. Defaults to ALL interfaces (0.0.0.0). Select interface and port in Preferences dialog (auto-detected)
    • Multiple instances support (ex: you can run one in TA mode and one in Romanizer mode)
    • Help window displaying keyboard shortcuts (F1)
    • Optimized a lot of code.
    MORE FEATURES:
    • XLate Mode - translate / romanize any text based control under mouse cursor
    • Windows7 Dynamic Jumplist (detects tools in same folder) & Speech progressbar
    • Automatic update checking and notification (no more ClickOnce) / onDemand downloading and authenticity checking.
    • Automatic scraping topmost TA window on startup (no interaction required)
    • Automouse clicker while holding (Global ) - more than 1000 clicks per minute
    • On demand (Global ) and automatic (Local ) text2speech using VW Show
    • On demand (Global ) and automatic (Local ) romanization via kakasi (included - even faster than TA)
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • All known issues fixed in 6.0.0.1
    • Report if you find any
    devOSD6 Client [0.6.0.0] RELEASED : DOWNLOAD
    • Added AutoReconnect option if connection dropped / server crash

Attached Files
    Last edited by Devocalypse; 11-27-2014, 09:06 AM.
    devOSD nEXT - advanced eroge translation overlay

Strange problem running it with vmware.
    Everything works ok except the overlay text does not get updated while I'm inside VM. As soon as I move mouse away from Vmware window or press Ctrl+Alt, the last captured text is shown correctly, if I go back to VM it sticks there for ever.
    Maybe it's just my computer config, who knows...
    Win7x64, Vmware Workstation 7.1.0 build-261024, DevOSDRelease-2.30.100414. Tried running in admin mode - still the same.
    Network is in bridge mode. I'll try playing with settings, maybe that'll help.

p.s. Why bridge? Because second adapter usually creates a lot of confusion in Win7, for example windows automatically sets it to 'public' location (no file sharing etc) and doesn't allow to change that setting.

//edit
    Figured out it was transferring clipboard contents between vmware and real machine. Still trying to make it work. Server says 'Client connection accepted' and does nothing.
    Last edited by Andys; 08-22-2010, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Edit: Oops...misunderstood the issue. Thought the issue was there was some clipboard issue between TA and/or AGTH, which were both running inside the VM. Not exactly a heavy VMWare user, myself.

On a random side note, finally remembered to add a link to this thread in the TA thread.
      Last edited by ScumSuckingPig; 08-22-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

@Andys: VMware by design only synchronizes the clipboard when you focus/unfocus the virtual machine so devOSD is using a simple TCP server which receives the Virtual machine clipboard. If it says client connection accepted clipboards should be updated all the time on every change. Note that the server can accept the client only once. I'll try fixing the server so it uses the NAT interface.

Edit: It seems the nat adapter cannot be used to bind the server as it is servicing only nat requests and the actual address is emulated hence the need for the host-only adapter.

@ScumSuckingPig: Thanks for linking this thread. Concerning Andys, I think he's trying to run TA outside the virtual machine (as Atlas and TA work better/faster on a Real Machine).
        Last edited by Devocalypse; 08-22-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Found the root of my problem - codepages and (I think) win7. Text IS actually copied but as a '???' and therefore TA ignores it. Changing locale to japanese didn't help.
          Too tired to fix it, instead I'm going to write my own piece of code in python (it's the only scripting language I've seen so far with full unicode support in windows).

Comment

Try to change the input method to japanese, which at least helped in a similar case with tahelper.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaka View Post
              Try to change the input method to japanese, which at least helped in a similar case with tahelper.
              That's even worse than setting locale to jap.
              My main computer would become a dedicated jap-game platform. I would have problems with everyday applications, which work properly only in my locale and so on. I am not crazy enough to convert my whole main system to jap and run every non-jap app through applocale...
              I've written a simple script that copies clipboard through tcp, I'll try it with DevOSD when I get home.

On a side note - I saw the last version requires jap locale... IMO, that's overkill. I can't imagine any action that would require that. Since it takes text from TA, it should already be english ascii only.

Comment

You can change the input method/IME on a per program base, I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing here. Installing support for JP Ime changes absolutely nothing.

Comment

You can change the input method/IME on a per program base, I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing here. Installing support for JP Ime changes absolutely nothing.
                  I thought you meant adding third language to keyboards - Jap/Microsoft IME. If not please tell me what exactly do you install on win7 to get those 'per program' settings.

Devocalypse, I have a question/request after using it for a while.
                  As far as I can tell, the text acts as a separate window hovering over a game window. Is it possible to make it transparently pass mouse clicks? I mean the textbox IS transparent but the letters itself aren't.
                  Right now I can switch it off with F3 if I need to click somewhere under text area, but if I am going to use vmware I'll have to go out of VM first to do that. It's not a great deal, just a little annoying when I'm immersed in some game.
                  Last edited by Andys; 08-24-2010, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Regarding the ime methods for clipboard to retain the encoding, the guest and host OS have to be in JP input mode (which is the same as US101 if you don't press Alt+~). If you change to US or whatever other the text will be unreadable. Same thing happens if you try to copy and paste from some applications to others on the same system. So clipboard encoding follows the current language.

Regarding transparent on click: It is possible and it actually was transparent to mouse clicks in the earliest versions. Alas I hadn't attached it to the game window and incorporated offsets by then and had to make it draggable which remained after that. I'll look into the code and make an ini setting switch so it can be toggled.

UPDATE: Updated devOSD - it is now clickthrough by default.
                    Last edited by Devocalypse; 08-24-2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks! Now's the next problem ^_^ - overlay doesn't show up when vmware's in fullscreen mode. Everything's OK as soon as I switch to window mode. Looks like it's running in 'on top' mode itself or uses some graphics overlay, occasionally I can even see OSD letters flickering.
                      Well, I'm going to play purely inside vmware for now. The pain from all that tinkering gradually outweights the gain from full-screen mode and anyway I can set vmware resolution to 800x600 and play like that.

Comment

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do for vmware in full screen as it overrides the always on top attribute of devOSD. A workaround for you would be to set the game inside vmware guest to fullscreen, set host resolution to 800x600 (or whatever the games fs resolution is). Then move the vmware window using nudge mode so its titlebar, toolbars and frame are outside of your field of view so you simulate vmware in fullscreen. Saving a preset for vmware will remember its position. Remember that hotkeys do not work if vmware is hooking them so you need to click the titlebar of vmware first and then use the hotkeys.

Using a multi-monitor layout makes this simpler as illustrated in the screenshots below you can see how the vmware window "bleeds out" so only the game is visible. No distractions and overlay is properly visible.

Edit: it seems to be actually possible with some directx hacks as described here so i will see if i can do anything with it. Cant make any promises it'll work properly though.
                        Edit2: My 64bit vmware ignores the dll as it is x86 and that guy does not supply the source for a rebuild
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Devocalypse; 08-24-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andys View Post
                          I thought you meant adding third language to keyboards - Jap/Microsoft IME. If not please tell me what exactly do you install on win7 to get those 'per program' settings.
                          Yes you should add japanese to the selection of your input methods. Besides giving that additional option it doesn't change anything. It doesn't require you to run your program in japanese locale settings, nor does it require you to use or write japanese in any program besides the one you select it for.

Comment

Yes you should add japanese to the selection of your input methods. Besides giving that additional option it doesn't change anything. It doesn't require you to run your program in japanese locale settings, nor does it require you to use or write japanese in any program besides the one you select it for.
                            It adds third language, so I would be mistaking it all the time when switching from english to my russian and back.

Originally posted by Devocalypse View Post
                            A workaround...
                            Why do that if I can run the game inside real machine with the same effect (change res to to 800x600 and move game window to fill the screen)? The whole idea behind vmware is so I wouldn't have to change my real machine settings every time I decide to take a rest from mundane tasks and play some game.
                            And a question: are you going to make an option to turn off requirement for jap locale in latest version?
                            Last edited by Andys; 08-25-2010, 11:02 PM.

Comment

It adds third language, so I would be mistaking it all the time when switching from english to my russian and back.
                              Or you can hook into clipboard chain and set clipboard locale to japanese on every change (tahelper do just that). You can test it and if it helps, it's easy to rip the code and make small program.
                              読んでみた。 読んでみようとした。 読めたらいいな、と思った。

Comment

Why do that if I can run the game inside real machine with the same effect...
                                Depends on your reasons to use VM in the first place. I use it in 3 cases:
                                1. The game / crack / source is untrusted so I use VM to isolate it.
                                2. The game is fullscreen only so obviously I cannot see the overlay if I run it on the host.
                                3. The game might need an older version of windows and/or have compatibility issues.
                                Other than that I see no point in running a game in VM as that only complicates things and lowers performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X