Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

devOSD - A japanese galge/eroge/visual novel translation helper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devOSD - A japanese galge/eroge/visual novel translation helper

ABOUT | HOMEPAGE & TUTORIAL | CHANGELOG
    Real description:
    devOSD is an anti-aliased, customizable subtitle-like text overlay to be used in Japanese games, capable of grabbing translated text from multiple sources, speaking currently displayed text with Text-to-speech API and mirroring clipboards across virtual machines and host PC.
    Simple description:
    devOSD takes translated text from Translation Aggregator and displays it Over your game. Only for AGTH / ITH users.

DOWNLOADS
    CURRENT VERSION: N-eXT - From now on versioning will be solely date/time based.
    DOWNLOAD NEXT-OSD (including dictionaries) [~14mb compressed] [~110mb uncompressed]
    CRC32: A80D0692
    MD5: 3D4C239355801D9D2B0B801BA9047B1F
    SHA-1: D2E39BBCF381C402212B45299CD57FEF33CB657F

DOWNLOAD NEXT-OSD (without dictionaries) [~1mb compressed] [~3mb uncompressed]
    CRC32: 17B3D0E1
    MD5: A7517DBCBED3C721ABC99F10A4A9056B
    SHA-1: 5CF8CF6D8B0703E6E9461AB43DE0530C4FA3DACA

DOWNLOAD FORWARDER CLIENT 0.6.0.0 (for vmware/remote machines) [~24k compressed] [~40k uncompressed]
    CRC32: BB85036B
    MD5: 3F429F3EC8BA9EE44FF82EED609132F0
    SHA-1: 603B368DDAE2F358716E6C49AECE35674EEDBAEA

INFORMATION
    devOSD N-EXT is fully portable and does not require administrative permissions per se.
    However it does require read/write access to it's own directory.
    As such it's best to not put it in Program Files, root C drive or any other protected folders.
    My documents or Downloads should work without problems.

Due to this version being in constant development the update check is mandatory for now and although downloading the new versions is optional (F9 hotkey to download and install it) I strongly recommend keeping devOSD up to date. Builds are automated and you will get the latest version as soon as the code changes.

Features as of N-EXT:
    • Native atlas translation support. Atlas only needs to be installed. No TA required for that.
    • Native romanization via kakasi (Requires japanese locale.)
    • Text-to-speech engine with voice selection and progress indicators
    • Selectable input sources including: CLIPBOARD, ACTIVE WINDOW TITLE, AGGREGATOR, FORWARDER, LEC (coming soon)
    • Unlimited regular expression support for pre-processing text
    • Unlimited custom replacements for text and voice manipulation
    • Text history (Scroll Wheel Up / Down)
    • Visual selection of words and live suggestion of names. JMNDict (name database) included. If you don't need it then deleting DictionaryJMnedict.xml will speed up loading time by 2 seconds.

Illustrated mini feature showcase:
    Spoiler
    • Right click anywhere inside the window for the settings context menu.
    • Most options are self-explanatory.
    • To get the context menu in borderless mode, right click the little rectangle in the bottom-left corner of the osd window
    • When you have some text containing a name hit F1 to enter (or exit) Visual Dictionary Editor mode.
    • Select the text that would be the name and right click. If you have JNMDict loaded you get all the suggestions corresponding to the selected text if there are any matches.
    • Clicking any of them adds them to the custom replacement dictionary and automatically fills all fields.
    • If you disabled jmndict or no matches are found, you can manually add the word and populate the fields yourself. If no voice transcription is set the TTS engine will attempt to use the default kanji. Click the play buttons in the fields to preview voice.
    • It is good practice to set your entries groups per game so you can use the rectangle in the group field to toggle entire groups on and off. At the top of the window you have a grouping checkbox toggle and a filter for the group field.
    • You can also skip the Visual Dic Editor and directly access the dictionaries via F2 where you can add, remove and toggle all entries.
    • The thing above is the Visual RegEx manager. All enabled Regular expressions are executed on new text according to their order. Use the arrows to change order.
    • Use included entries as samples or hit Help button for some basic reg-ex info.
    • Timing is in cpu ticks not in milliseconds
    Requirements:
    • OS: Windows XP, Vista, Seven (9x/ME not supported) with .NET Framework 4.5
    • RECOMMENDED: Translation Aggregator by ScumSuckingPig (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395)
    • RECOMMENDED: LEC Power Translator 15 (Commercial Software)
    • RECOMMENDED: VoiceWare Misaki / Show / Miyu voices for Japanese Text-To-Speech functionality
    • SETTING REQUIRED: First window of translation aggregator has to include Translated clipboard text (source is irrelevant)
    • SETTING REQUIRED: LEC Power Translator 15 ClipTran must be running and set to JA-EN or whatever language you prefer in order to use it as a translation source

Forwarder / Virtual Machine Client Tutorial:
    Spoiler
    • Start devOSD on host computer, enable server (F3) ( optionally choose specific interface and port to bind to in Preferences (F12) ) Windows might ask for firewall clearance.
    • Start devOSDclient in VM - run it, enter the ip (You can get a list of local ip addresses using [ ? ] button.), connect, check clipboard monitor, optionally enable autoreconnect
    • Set agth options inside devOSDclient (agth included, has to be in same folder)
    • Either select a process (refresh if necessary) or drag game exe to client
    VM Global Hotkeys added (control Host Instance of devOSD 0.9.5.46+):
    • Autoclick (used when theres no fast-forward in games). Careful where you point that thing.
    • Toggle Bossmode (Hides or shows devOSD / TA)
    • Speak current clipboard text with selected voice
    • Clear text from OSD

CHANGELOG
    Refer to the changelog link at the top of this post.

Older versions
    Spoiler

devOSD7 Codename: ABSOLUTION [7.0.0.2 beta] RELEASED : DOWNLOAD
    Important: If you experience startup errors delete your old configuration settings (Win+R > rd /q /s %localappdata%\Devocalypse.com)
    [2011/10/31] 7.0.0.2 beta (you can use client module from 6.0.0.1)
    • added support for LEC Power Translator 15 ClipTran as a translation source. Must be running in ClipTran JP-EN mode.
    • added TAB key to quickly switch between TA & LEC (don't spam it or it will crash)
    • added Shift+TAB key to instantly romanize current kanji
    • added SPACE key to speak current text
    • fixed bug causing repeated voice spam in server mode\
    • fixed XLator not sending text to clipboard for translation (now works with both TA & LEC)
    • greatly inproved xlator functionality. Translated text is in a popup next to mouse pointer like in the 2.x.x.x versions

[2011/10/18] 7.0.0.1 beta (you can use client module from 6.0.0.1)
    • added configurable regular expressions to filter text before sending it to the speech buffer
    • reworked some panels and added an initial theme selection prompt
    [2011/10/17] 7.0.0.0 alpha (internal)
    • outline now works and is drawn as intended, before it was overlapped by the shadow making text less visible
    • fixed crashes and hangs during client-server operation caused by clipboard monitor reading a locked clipboard by a VM - migrated all calls to win32
    • revised most functions, optimized polling techniques and removed redundant workers
    • added new panels which replace the old dialogs and are a seamless part of the main GUI
    • added history with PgUp / PgDn or via Mouse Scroll Wheel
    • added complete GUI customization options in preferences
    • added theme support, theme manager and export capability as well as some built-in themes
    • added a variable transparency background which optionally fades when not in focus
    • added Background image support via drag & drop
    • added grounds for profile exporting to a URL-handler style string (work in progress)

devOSD6 Codename: VALHALLA [6.0.0.1] RELEASED : DOWNLOADBUGFIX 6.0.0.1:
    • Fixed crashes if Autospeak is enabled and you click text rapidly (both standalone and server mode).
    • Fixed bug with clipboard transfer failures and related message (server mode)
    NEW FEATURES:
    • All settings persist between startups: Position and Size, Translation Mode, TTS Status, TCP Server Status along with Interface and Port
    • Full customization is back (including Font face and colors) via an easy to use, centralized configuration panel (F12)
    • Virtual machine server is back. More stable and less error-prone. Defaults to ALL interfaces (0.0.0.0). Select interface and port in Preferences dialog (auto-detected)
    • Multiple instances support (ex: you can run one in TA mode and one in Romanizer mode)
    • Help window displaying keyboard shortcuts (F1)
    • Optimized a lot of code.
    MORE FEATURES:
    • XLate Mode - translate / romanize any text based control under mouse cursor
    • Windows7 Dynamic Jumplist (detects tools in same folder) & Speech progressbar
    • Automatic update checking and notification (no more ClickOnce) / onDemand downloading and authenticity checking.
    • Automatic scraping topmost TA window on startup (no interaction required)
    • Automouse clicker while holding (Global ) - more than 1000 clicks per minute
    • On demand (Global ) and automatic (Local ) text2speech using VW Show
    • On demand (Global ) and automatic (Local ) romanization via kakasi (included - even faster than TA)
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • All known issues fixed in 6.0.0.1
    • Report if you find any
    devOSD6 Client [0.6.0.0] RELEASED : DOWNLOAD
    • Added AutoReconnect option if connection dropped / server crash

Attached Files
    Last edited by Devocalypse; 11-27-2014, 09:06 AM.
    devOSD nEXT - advanced eroge translation overlay

Originally posted by Glob View Post
    I just finished reinstalling my whole system (win7 Ultimate) and DevOSD valhalla 6.00 started crashing. I thought it was due to .Net Framework 4 but wasted my time reinstalling it.
    DevOSD stopped crashing when i changed back my system local in Japanese (region and language panel, it might need unicode too).

I hope this help.
    You're right it worked ! I just had to change the date format to Japanese. Thanks a lot Glob !

So now how am i supposed to hook it to the game ? Just like in the video, so it will replace the text from the game with the one from TA ? I tried to make a shortcut in the desktop with control + alt + 0 but it just starts devOSD and won't hook it.
    Sorry if my questions sound stupid
    Last edited by Messy; 10-03-2011, 12:48 AM.

Comment

You must attach ITH to your game and check the "autocopy to clipboard" option.
      It will autocopy to TA and DevOSD will paste it.

Comment

Yeah i know, it works like in the screenshots, but i'm trying to hook it like in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cw836-Evwg
        My devOSD is just a window i can move in front of the real text to cover it. It's not that great because you can still see the japanese caracters behind and i can't play them in fullscreen...

Comment

Video is outdated, it uses the old AHK version. Since then window snapping was disabled as it misbehaved on several occasions, and profiling was made obsolete due to translation aggregator already featuring it.
          On another note, overlaying a game in fullscreen requires hooking in the direct-draw/direct-x video buffer (fraps does that to show you fps) which is not something to be taken lightly in terms of complexity so do not expect that one in the near future.
          To those interested, I'll be releasing an update sometime soon with fixes to the client-server communication and the lockups when using them with TTS and am planning to streamline the connection process a bit more.

Comment

Can you add an option to configure transparency? The current setting is a little too light to be visible when overlaying it on top of most eroge text boxes, I've found.

Comment

I will add an alpha slider for it in the F12 config menu for the next version. Might add a thicker outline option as well.

Comment

Bump for new beta version:

devOSD7 Codename: ABSOLUTION [7.0.0.1 beta] RELEASED : DOWNLOAD

[2011/10/18] 7.0.0.1 beta (you can use client module from 6.0.0.1)
                • added configurable regular expressions to filter text before sending it to the speech buffer
                • reworked some panels and added an initial theme selection prompt
                [2011/10/17] 7.0.0.0 alpha (internal)
                • outline now works and is drawn as intended, before it was overlapped by the shadow making text less visible
                • fixed crashes and hangs during client-server operation caused by clipboard monitor reading a locked clipboard by a VM - migrated all calls to win32
                • revised most functions, optimized polling techniques and removed redundant workers
                • added new panels which replace the old dialogs and are a seamless part of the main GUI
                • added history with PgUp / PgDn or via Mouse Scroll Wheel
                • added complete GUI customization options in preferences
                • added theme support, theme manager and export capability as well as some built-in themes
                • added a variable transparency background which optionally fades when not in focus
                • added Background image support via drag & drop
                • added grounds for profile exporting to a URL-handler style string (work in progress)
                Last edited by Devocalypse; 10-18-2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                  Gonna try it now.

Comment

Edit: Nvm got it working.

Actually, I'm also wondering if you can somehow get the Rikaichan function into this overlay tool, would make learning Kanji a lot easier. Obviously full screen support would be a bonus
                    Last edited by MeitanteiJesus; 02-12-2012, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Rikaichan is a firefox extension, so there is no way to integrate it or access it programmatically.
                      Fullscreen has been discussed and it requires a ton of api hooks and code to make it work on every renderer (ddraw/dx9/dx10/dx11). Might look into it when I have some free time but do not count on it.

On a side note I have been playing Hotel recently and here is a useful reg-ex for the text-to-speech engine:
                      Search: (.*?)(?:$|(.*)|「.*」) Replace: $1
                      This causes only non-dialogue text (comments) to be passed to the tts-engine. Spoken dialogue in quotes and spoken thoughts in parentheses are skipped. Might be useful in other games as well, mostly in those with a voiced protagonist.
                      Last edited by Devocalypse; 02-15-2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I need help. The new program works, it just gets its data from my agth clipboard. I need it to get it off the aggregator's clipboard to get any progress.

Comment

I am using Atlas instead of the one you suggested. That could be my only problem. There has to be a way around it.

Comment

Scratch that, it is working, but it is grabbing the original text from translation aggregator instead of the translated text.

Comment

Is it possible to hide the japanese text in game while we are using the overlay? something like OAGT

Comment

Again, requesting the same old feature. I don't know if current version works this way and can't download it - the host is offline.
                                Make an option to pass mouse clicks transparently through text to game window. Hiding osd window with Pause key is the only way to click in lower part of screen, and pressing it every ten seconds is very annoying.
                                Last edited by Andys; 09-02-2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X