Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

devOSD - A japanese galge/eroge/visual novel translation helper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devOSD - A japanese galge/eroge/visual novel translation helper

ABOUT | HOMEPAGE & TUTORIAL | CHANGELOG
    Real description:
    devOSD is an anti-aliased, customizable subtitle-like text overlay to be used in Japanese games, capable of grabbing translated text from multiple sources, speaking currently displayed text with Text-to-speech API and mirroring clipboards across virtual machines and host PC.
    Simple description:
    devOSD takes translated text from Translation Aggregator and displays it Over your game. Only for AGTH / ITH users.

DOWNLOADS
    CURRENT VERSION: N-eXT - From now on versioning will be solely date/time based.
    DOWNLOAD NEXT-OSD (including dictionaries) [~14mb compressed] [~110mb uncompressed]
    CRC32: A80D0692
    MD5: 3D4C239355801D9D2B0B801BA9047B1F
    SHA-1: D2E39BBCF381C402212B45299CD57FEF33CB657F

DOWNLOAD NEXT-OSD (without dictionaries) [~1mb compressed] [~3mb uncompressed]
    CRC32: 17B3D0E1
    MD5: A7517DBCBED3C721ABC99F10A4A9056B
    SHA-1: 5CF8CF6D8B0703E6E9461AB43DE0530C4FA3DACA

DOWNLOAD FORWARDER CLIENT 0.6.0.0 (for vmware/remote machines) [~24k compressed] [~40k uncompressed]
    CRC32: BB85036B
    MD5: 3F429F3EC8BA9EE44FF82EED609132F0
    SHA-1: 603B368DDAE2F358716E6C49AECE35674EEDBAEA

INFORMATION
    devOSD N-EXT is fully portable and does not require administrative permissions per se.
    However it does require read/write access to it's own directory.
    As such it's best to not put it in Program Files, root C drive or any other protected folders.
    My documents or Downloads should work without problems.

Due to this version being in constant development the update check is mandatory for now and although downloading the new versions is optional (F9 hotkey to download and install it) I strongly recommend keeping devOSD up to date. Builds are automated and you will get the latest version as soon as the code changes.

Features as of N-EXT:
    • Native atlas translation support. Atlas only needs to be installed. No TA required for that.
    • Native romanization via kakasi (Requires japanese locale.)
    • Text-to-speech engine with voice selection and progress indicators
    • Selectable input sources including: CLIPBOARD, ACTIVE WINDOW TITLE, AGGREGATOR, FORWARDER, LEC (coming soon)
    • Unlimited regular expression support for pre-processing text
    • Unlimited custom replacements for text and voice manipulation
    • Text history (Scroll Wheel Up / Down)
    • Visual selection of words and live suggestion of names. JMNDict (name database) included. If you don't need it then deleting DictionaryJMnedict.xml will speed up loading time by 2 seconds.

Illustrated mini feature showcase:
    Spoiler
    • Right click anywhere inside the window for the settings context menu.
    • Most options are self-explanatory.
    • To get the context menu in borderless mode, right click the little rectangle in the bottom-left corner of the osd window
    • When you have some text containing a name hit F1 to enter (or exit) Visual Dictionary Editor mode.
    • Select the text that would be the name and right click. If you have JNMDict loaded you get all the suggestions corresponding to the selected text if there are any matches.
    • Clicking any of them adds them to the custom replacement dictionary and automatically fills all fields.
    • If you disabled jmndict or no matches are found, you can manually add the word and populate the fields yourself. If no voice transcription is set the TTS engine will attempt to use the default kanji. Click the play buttons in the fields to preview voice.
    • It is good practice to set your entries groups per game so you can use the rectangle in the group field to toggle entire groups on and off. At the top of the window you have a grouping checkbox toggle and a filter for the group field.
    • You can also skip the Visual Dic Editor and directly access the dictionaries via F2 where you can add, remove and toggle all entries.
    • The thing above is the Visual RegEx manager. All enabled Regular expressions are executed on new text according to their order. Use the arrows to change order.
    • Use included entries as samples or hit Help button for some basic reg-ex info.
    • Timing is in cpu ticks not in milliseconds
    Requirements:
    • OS: Windows XP, Vista, Seven (9x/ME not supported) with .NET Framework 4.5
    • RECOMMENDED: Translation Aggregator by ScumSuckingPig (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395)
    • RECOMMENDED: LEC Power Translator 15 (Commercial Software)
    • RECOMMENDED: VoiceWare Misaki / Show / Miyu voices for Japanese Text-To-Speech functionality
    • SETTING REQUIRED: First window of translation aggregator has to include Translated clipboard text (source is irrelevant)
    • SETTING REQUIRED: LEC Power Translator 15 ClipTran must be running and set to JA-EN or whatever language you prefer in order to use it as a translation source

Forwarder / Virtual Machine Client Tutorial:
    Spoiler
    • Start devOSD on host computer, enable server (F3) ( optionally choose specific interface and port to bind to in Preferences (F12) ) Windows might ask for firewall clearance.
    • Start devOSDclient in VM - run it, enter the ip (You can get a list of local ip addresses using [ ? ] button.), connect, check clipboard monitor, optionally enable autoreconnect
    • Set agth options inside devOSDclient (agth included, has to be in same folder)
    • Either select a process (refresh if necessary) or drag game exe to client
    VM Global Hotkeys added (control Host Instance of devOSD 0.9.5.46+):
    • Autoclick (used when theres no fast-forward in games). Careful where you point that thing.
    • Toggle Bossmode (Hides or shows devOSD / TA)
    • Speak current clipboard text with selected voice
    • Clear text from OSD

CHANGELOG
    Refer to the changelog link at the top of this post.

Older versions
    Spoiler

devOSD7 Codename: ABSOLUTION [7.0.0.2 beta] RELEASED : DOWNLOAD
    Important: If you experience startup errors delete your old configuration settings (Win+R > rd /q /s %localappdata%\Devocalypse.com)
    [2011/10/31] 7.0.0.2 beta (you can use client module from 6.0.0.1)
    • added support for LEC Power Translator 15 ClipTran as a translation source. Must be running in ClipTran JP-EN mode.
    • added TAB key to quickly switch between TA & LEC (don't spam it or it will crash)
    • added Shift+TAB key to instantly romanize current kanji
    • added SPACE key to speak current text
    • fixed bug causing repeated voice spam in server mode\
    • fixed XLator not sending text to clipboard for translation (now works with both TA & LEC)
    • greatly inproved xlator functionality. Translated text is in a popup next to mouse pointer like in the 2.x.x.x versions

[2011/10/18] 7.0.0.1 beta (you can use client module from 6.0.0.1)
    • added configurable regular expressions to filter text before sending it to the speech buffer
    • reworked some panels and added an initial theme selection prompt
    [2011/10/17] 7.0.0.0 alpha (internal)
    • outline now works and is drawn as intended, before it was overlapped by the shadow making text less visible
    • fixed crashes and hangs during client-server operation caused by clipboard monitor reading a locked clipboard by a VM - migrated all calls to win32
    • revised most functions, optimized polling techniques and removed redundant workers
    • added new panels which replace the old dialogs and are a seamless part of the main GUI
    • added history with PgUp / PgDn or via Mouse Scroll Wheel
    • added complete GUI customization options in preferences
    • added theme support, theme manager and export capability as well as some built-in themes
    • added a variable transparency background which optionally fades when not in focus
    • added Background image support via drag & drop
    • added grounds for profile exporting to a URL-handler style string (work in progress)

devOSD6 Codename: VALHALLA [6.0.0.1] RELEASED : DOWNLOADBUGFIX 6.0.0.1:
    • Fixed crashes if Autospeak is enabled and you click text rapidly (both standalone and server mode).
    • Fixed bug with clipboard transfer failures and related message (server mode)
    NEW FEATURES:
    • All settings persist between startups: Position and Size, Translation Mode, TTS Status, TCP Server Status along with Interface and Port
    • Full customization is back (including Font face and colors) via an easy to use, centralized configuration panel (F12)
    • Virtual machine server is back. More stable and less error-prone. Defaults to ALL interfaces (0.0.0.0). Select interface and port in Preferences dialog (auto-detected)
    • Multiple instances support (ex: you can run one in TA mode and one in Romanizer mode)
    • Help window displaying keyboard shortcuts (F1)
    • Optimized a lot of code.
    MORE FEATURES:
    • XLate Mode - translate / romanize any text based control under mouse cursor
    • Windows7 Dynamic Jumplist (detects tools in same folder) & Speech progressbar
    • Automatic update checking and notification (no more ClickOnce) / onDemand downloading and authenticity checking.
    • Automatic scraping topmost TA window on startup (no interaction required)
    • Automouse clicker while holding (Global ) - more than 1000 clicks per minute
    • On demand (Global ) and automatic (Local ) text2speech using VW Show
    • On demand (Global ) and automatic (Local ) romanization via kakasi (included - even faster than TA)
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • All known issues fixed in 6.0.0.1
    • Report if you find any
    devOSD6 Client [0.6.0.0] RELEASED : DOWNLOAD
    • Added AutoReconnect option if connection dropped / server crash

Attached Files
    Last edited by Devocalypse; 11-27-2014, 09:06 AM.
    devOSD nEXT - advanced eroge translation overlay

hmm.. maybe i'm too stupid to find it ... but i can't seem to find the settings oO
    When i press F12 than i get right a bar with "Debugger, Leftclicker, TitleHook, FwdServer, Backgnd, Progress, T2Speech"
    are these the settings?

btw, do i need xp/vista/something else to run vmware? whenever i try to creat a new virtual machine i must insert a disc or iso or whatever..

Comment

FWDServer is the one, and YES you need to install a new operating system inside vmware.
      The whole point of using VMWare / Virtualbox is if you're trying to play some really old game unsupported on modern windows.
      If that's not the case and you want to run them in there just to be on the "safe" side, you'd better use the likes of sandboxie.

Comment

New version released: N-eXT. Release notes and download links in first post.
        Check out the mini feature guide too. Forwarder is compatible and remains the same, only repackaged.

Comment

I'm trying nextOSD_InclDictionaries
          When executed, NextOSD crashed immediately. I put it in My documents and Downloads folder, but it still crashed.
          I tried with previous version (devOSD7.0.0.2) and it still working, so I guess it's not .NET Framework issues.

Comment

I'll look into it and let you know if I find anything.
            EDIT: Seems some dependency is missing. Reproduced in a win7 vm. Wokring on it.

EDIT2: Found a localization problem with date-time parsing concerning version detection. Grab the new binaries below:
            DOWNLOAD NEXT-OSD (binaries only) [~300k compressed] [~900k uncompressed]
            CRC32: 548BFCA1
            MD5: B82F9A4919AAB601F57300DD2E545F24
            SHA-1: 4D71EE483712FCB665A273CB35783D0764BCE681
            Last edited by Devocalypse; 08-22-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

It works now, thanks.
              1. Another bug, when mouse hovered onto "Local settings" it crashed.

2. Are text from "Translation source" always on? Could be it disabled? I mean, can I choose "none"
              Because it seems text always displayed even when you chose TA in "Text sources". The result is text displayed twice, first from "Translation source", then other text from "Text sources" displayed too.

3. How does "Active Window Title" work?
              4. "LEC Translator" greyed out here. Does it mean it's not implemented yet, or is there's a procedure to use it?

Comment

1. Seems to be related to localization again. Will fix it in the next build.
                2. You mean clipboard source under sources, it should unload the hook when toggled but does not at the moment.
                3. Active window title hooks the title changed event for the currently active window. IIRC Sorahane's latest title Haruka Kanata uses a java-script engine which cannot be hooked by normal means. There we edit the game's engine.js (or something like that - check the agth thread if you need it) to make it copy all the displayed text to the game window's titlebar and then osd gets it from there.
                4. Correct. Greyed out features are not yet implemented. LEC support will be added soon.

Comment

Rolled out a new version. As always F9 to install it after updater detects it at startup.
                  • Added LEC Translator hook (Ctrl+4 toggles it).
                  • Fixed Clipboard Source to be properly unloaded (bug: enabling might need restarting).

A little advice:
                  • When using Translation Aggregator or LEC Translator as source it is best to switch to RAW mode otherwise all text will be routed a second time to the internal atlas translator (if atlas is installed).
                  • For the time being TextToSpeech is fed the text regardless of source. As such it will accept the translated text and sound weird while speaking it (as it is already translated).
                  • All Sources are optional toggles. They CAN coexist at the same time. So disable the ones you don't need if they are interfering with the displayed text.
                  • RegEx and Replacements work on the SOURCE level, so if your source is Lec or Aggregator you can search/replace only on the already translated text.

From now on changes will be added to the log in the first post.
                  Last edited by Devocalypse; 08-27-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

"Locale settings" still crashed here, not a big problem though as long as it doesn't affect overall gameplay experience. Thanks for the updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devocalypse View Post
                      1. Seems to be related to localization again. Will fix it in the next build.
                      2. You mean clipboard source under sources, it should unload the hook when toggled but does not at the moment.
                      3. Active window title hooks the title changed event for the currently active window. IIRC Sorahane's latest title Haruka Kanata uses a java-script engine which cannot be hooked by normal means. There we edit the game's engine.js (or something like that - check the agth thread if you need it) to make it copy all the displayed text to the game window's titlebar and then osd gets it from there.
                      4. Correct. Greyed out features are not yet implemented. LEC support will be added soon.
                      I think what he means is to turn off "Translation sources" option off completely.
                      Currently, when i choose Raw (Do Nothing), in the text box when translating is always displayed text twice
                      The first one is the original japanese word and then immediately changed into translated
                      (I attached the screenshot)

If i change it to "ATLAS", it will do the same but the first appeared are text translated by ATLAS and then immediately changed in TA translation word

i hope you can enable the way text box to hook from directly translated version without citing the source.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by astranagant; 09-11-2015, 08:26 PM.

"In Cloche-sama and Infel-sama we trust!! Together, we shall create Meganefalica"

Comment

• I will look into it this weekend.
                        Last edited by Devocalypse; 09-24-2015, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• do you plan on adding a parser to this or is it something impossible to do? It would be awesome if you can do it

Comment

• If by parser you mean morphological analysis then it's highly unlikely with the current platform I'm using. You might want to check out jglossator for a lightweight alternative to mecab.

Comment

• mmm I see there it goes my hopes of seeing furigana too then either way great work and really cool program

Comment

Working...
                              X