Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

ChiiTrans - a new all-in-one game translation tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChiiTrans - a new all-in-one game translation tool

Hello, visual novel fans. I have recently finished developing my project, ChiiTrans. It captures Japanese text from games with AGTH and translates it using online translators. Please try it out.

Feature list:
    • Supported online translation services:
      • Google Translate
      • OCN
      • Babylon
      • SysTran
      • Excite
    • Japanese text transliteration support (romaji) via Google Translate.
    • Using WWWJDIC to separate and translate individual words.
    • Optional Atlas support. Available if installation of Atlas is detected. Versions V13 and V14 are supported.
    • Can translate to English, Russian and other languages.
    • Automatic text formatting before translation:
      • Smart remove of duplicate characters (number of characters is detected automatically, executed only if all characters are duplicating).
      • Smart extraction of repeating phrases.
      • User-defined replacement words list with regular expressions syntax support.
    • AGTH: direct text capturing (clipboard is not used). Can monitor multiple contexts.
    • Caching of translation results.
    • Option to enable semi-transparent background (transparent mode) and switch to fullscreen mode for comfortable play.

Visit project home page to view screenshots: http://sites.google.com/site/chiitranslator/eng
    Direct download link: http://sites.google.com/site/chiitra...attredirects=0
    This program requires .NET Framework 3.5, so if you don't have it you have to install it first.

Interesting!
    I'll give it a try
    Thanks, mate!

Comment

add Atlas and MeCab support and it will be a lot better. I said this in AGTHC thread already, but for some people who are pretty familiar with Japanese language but sux at reading Kanji (like me), MeCab may even be more important than Atlas (like, for me ). Sure Google Transliterate can transliterate the kanji to romaji, but MeCab can add the furigana (in hiragana) over each Kanji, which looks a lot more... uh... neat -_-

HF-Typemoon #38 || HF-Hentai #412

Comment

Originally posted by zephyranthez View Post
        add Atlas and MeCab support and it will be a lot better. I said this in AGTHC thread already, but for some people who are pretty familiar with Japanese language but sux at reading Kanji (like me), MeCab may even be more important than Atlas (like, for me ). Sure Google Transliterate can transliterate the kanji to romaji, but MeCab can add the furigana (in hiragana) over each Kanji, which looks a lot more... uh... neat -_-
        Atlas is already supported. Did it work for you?
        I do not currently plan to add mecab support. Google translit does its job, and if you want more, there are readings and translations of particular words in tooltips (provided by wwwjdic).

Comment

the thing is, internet translation takes more time, especially when we're running torrent on not-so-fast internet lines. And like I said, Google translit transliterates everything to romaji. MeCab can put the hiragana ruby above the Kanji, and trust me, they don't always transliterate correctly.

I've not tried your Atlas support yet, though.

Comment

Well, it is technically possible to add readings in hiragana over kanji. I already have these readings from WWWJDIC. Maybe I will add this feature later. As for MeCab support, I'll look into mecab support implementation in Translation Aggregator, if it is not very complex, I may implement it too.

Comment

I can say, chiitrans, that your tool is a good tool.
              I'm testing it with some games and everything is going the right way. very simple to use it, too.
              the atlas support works for me.
              as zephyranthez, I would like to read kanji with the help of mecab but I can wait (if you have plans for it).
              thanks again for your great tool and keep up the great work!

Comment

this tool is amazing~

Comment

JamesHowlett
                  betagama

Thanks for good feedback.

zephyranthez
                  So here it is, your MeCab and furigana support. It was not hard to get the furigana readings, but much more harder to display it correctly. I also added option to display text transliteration via MeCab, similar to Google translit option. (Besides I think Google is also using MeCab for this purpose, romanization results from MeCab and from Google are the same.)

Comment

cool. I'm trying it now ^^

---tried it---
                    So far it's working pretty damn nice.
                    I notice that the original text also have furigana on it when MeCab is on. If that's the case, I think not displaying the MeCab is fine too, but when I disabled MeCab, original texts' furigana disappears >.<

Also, how does the AGTH hooking work here? We gotta browse the game we wanna play, copypaste the /H code if needed, without /C, then ChiiTrans will automatically choose which thread to use. The settings for which game using which code seem to be saved in config\apps.txt
                    Am I getting it right so far? IMHO it would be a lot better if you can create a GUI to let us choose which game to run. Some of us play 2-3 games in the same day/week, browsing again and again will be quite a pain. [oh I didn't realize that drop down menu! never mind this point then >.< ]

2nd point is, it would be great if we can 'import' the AGTH code from our game shortcuts to ChiiTrans (pointing to the shortcut link which targets to "C:\agth\agth.exe" /AGTHCODE /X /V /KS3 /C "C:\gamepath\game.exe" will return [C:\gamepath\game.exe] and [/AGTHCODE /X /V /KS3] for the code field.

3rd point, is it possible to click and drag the game exe to hook it to ChiiTrans's AGTH? ("drop game.exe to chiitrans and the run game dialog appears" kind of thing). We who are used to use AGTH+TA will definitely go to the install dir after the game installed. sure pointing chiitrans back to that dir is not a big deal, but if it's possible to click and drag, why not? After all humans are just lazyass bastards lol

other than those points above, everything else seem to be working pretty much as I expected. I am using 2 monitors right now so I don't know yet how good it will perform in a 1280x764 small laptop screen, though, but I'll also try that when I have more time. (I don't like overlaying my game screen with other programs/texts, but we'll see how chii performs )

Last edited by zephyranthez; 02-08-2010, 02:46 AM.

Comment

zephyranthez
                      Importing codes from shortcuts.. imo not very useful, after all you need to enter the code only once and ChiiTrans will remember it when you launch the game again.
                      Dragging game exe files to ChiiTrans is already possible. Aim to the toolbar (i tried to allow drag-and-drop to anywhere in the main window, but the area where the translation is shown is in fact web browser COM window, and it doesnt work with drag and drop).
                      BTW you can make shortcuts with Chiitrans too. Just replace "agth.exe" with "ChiiTrans.exe".

Comment

Well, people like me have over 10 unfinished eroge in the hard disks so going to properties to retrieve the codes one by one is kinda a pain XD

So if I try to make shortcuts with Chiitrans, do I need to include the AGTH codes?

Comment

Originally posted by zephyranthez View Post
                          So if I try to make shortcuts with Chiitrans, do I need to include the AGTH codes?
                          Yes. Code and other parameters, like /X, /V, /L

Comment

so ChiiTrans shortcut will work as if Chii is AGTH? pretty neat

Comment

Thank you, pretty useful. Jap-Rus translation unreadable, though
                              Can you make custom color for background and shadow for font ?
                              Last edited by Elvevayn; 02-09-2010, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X