Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Oh! Text Hooker Compatible Games and Resource Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh! Text Hooker Compatible Games and Resource Thread

Hopefully this thread will help many gamers who rely on Oh! Text Hooker/Atlas Plugin to play and understand most Visual Novels and Hentai Games~ If you've recently played any game or have helpful tips on using Oh! Text Hooker and Atlas, please help out by offering your experiences with it!
    Section 1: Frequently asked Questions
    1. What is Oh! Text Hooker and Atlas?
    2. Which version of OTH will work with Atlas?
    3. Ok, I have the game and the programs. How do I use it?
    4. Help! My game doesn't work!
    5. I want to help with the list! How do post my games?
    6. Who wrote this FAQ?
    Section 2: Walkthroughs
    1. How to use OTH and Atlas to translate a game in real time
    2. Editing your registry to prevent Atlas from stealing focus
    3. Customizing your Atlas User Dictionary to fix names and other terms (coming soon)

1. General Guidelines for posting games and personal experiences
    2. What is compatible and what is incompatible?
    3. The List of Compatible and Incompatible Games

Section 1: Frequently asked Questions

1. What is Oh! Text Hooker and Atlas?
    Oh! Text Hooker is a neat little program that basically hooks onto a process and grabs the text from it. While it may sound like it doesn't do much, when coupled with a translation software like Atlas it becomes a very powerful tool in translating text from many programs. In this case, it is used in translating Japanese PC games from Japanese to English.

Oh! Text Hooker Official Website - Atlas JP Official Website
    2. Which version of OTH will work with Atlas?
    The latest version of OTH, Ver. 1.0 is the final build. In order to use it with Atlas, you will need the proper Atlas plugins for it. For convenience, I've compiled a stripped version of OTH w/ Atlas plugins. You can get it here. (Note that this version will only work with Atlas. No other plugins are included)
    3. Ok, I have the game and the programs. How do I use it?
    There is an step by step walkthough in the next section. Just follow the simple instructions to get it working with your game.
    4. Help! My game doesn't work!
    While OTH/Atlas is a powerful tool for translating games, it doesn't work all the time. There are many PC games with that do not work due to the fact that it's not OTH friendly. To put it bluntly, it's either hit or miss.

If you would like to save yourself the frustration of finding which games will work, there is a growing list of games that have been tested to work and not work with OTH. Just scroll down to Section 3: The Oh! Text Hooker List of Compatible and Incompatible Games to view the full list.
    5. I want to help with the list! How do post my games?
    If you would like, you can add to the growing list by posting your experiences with a game you've recently played to help out the community. Please read the guidelines before posting your experiences.
    6. Who wrote this FAQ?
    A web designer with too much time on his hands? Mah~ Before it was anime that took up this poor soul's time at work, now it's playing games like Clover Hearts, Canvas2 and Operation Sanctuary on his notebook (now dubbed the ren'ai machine by a coworker @.@)

Section 2: Walkthroughs

1. How to use Oh! Text Hooker and Atlas

This section will help you learn how to use OTH/Atlas in an easy step by step process.

(1)
    Start the game. If there are opening movies, skip or wait until it's over and brings you to the game menu. If possible, play the game in windowed mode for easier access to OTH and the Quick Atlas window. (For best performance, exit out of any unecessary programs as QuickAtlas will take a significant amount of memory and processing power)

(2) Start QuickAtlas. Notice in your taskbar, a green icon will pop up. That is QuickAtlas running in the background. Right Click on it to bring up the menu and select Automatic Clipboard Translation.

(3) Double click the icon to open the QuickAtlas window. Here, you can resize it and adjust the window to fit your needs. The top part of the window is the Japanese text while the bottom is the english translation. (Tip - you can click on the center bar to hide the japanese text, leaving only the english box as pictured below)

(4) Now you will need to attach Oh! Text Hooker to the game. Start OTH using the MS-DOS Batch file as seen in the screenshot (Do not start using the OTH application in the subfolder)

If you are not sure if your version of OTH is Atlas ready, you can download a stripped version of it in the FAQ section.

(5) Once you start the executable, a window will pop up with list of currently running processes. Select the game from the process list and click Attach.

(6) This will bring up the text window settings for OTH. For best translation results, select the following options as detailed in the screenshot. Use the translation plugin jatlas_ansi2.dll from the list. then click OK.

(7) Now that the game is properly hooked, go to the game window. You'll notice now that the Atlas window will now have translated the text for the game. Congratulations, you have succesfully hooked the game!

2. Editing Registry to prevent Focus Stealing

Prevents Quick Atlas window from stealing focus of the game. Helpful for games that require window focus in order to play, and games that have menu translation problems.

DISCLAIMER: Editing your registry is risky and can cause damage to your computer if you do not know what you are doing. While this walkthrough is very straightforward and foolproof as long as you follow the directions, the writer nor the site that this FAQ is posted on is liable for damages you may incur from using this FAQ.

(1) Open your start menu and click RUN from the list.

(2) Type in REGEDIT and click Run. This will open your Registry Editor in a new window. Please do not attempt to edit anything in your registry that is not written in this walkthrough.

(3) The registry you are attempting to edit is in My Computer > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Desktop. Open the registry Foreground Lock Timeout and enter in the values 30d40 using the Hexadecimal Base.

(4) Click OK then Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

3. Customizing your Atlas User Dictionary

Follow this walkthrough to fix mistranslated names and other terms that can ruin the translation. Do this before or while you play to fix most of the problems that will come up later in the game.

(In Construction)

Attached Files
    Last edited by mikemike; 12-23-2005, 10:30 AM.

• I don't mean to break the current conversation, but I have a few questions of my own. This all sounds great; I'll be able to understand the story lines now! However, I'm a bit confused. There is this thread that talks about OGTH and Atlas and there's another thread that talks about another translation program: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36807 or something like that. I'm not sure which to use. Could you guys help me out? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Someonee
      I don't mean to break the current conversation, but I have a few questions of my own. This all sounds great; I'll be able to understand the story lines now! However, I'm a bit confused. There is this thread that talks about OGTH and Atlas and there's another thread that talks about another translation program: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36807 or something like that. I'm not sure which to use. Could you guys help me out? Thanks!
      After using AGTH for awhile now, I like AGTH over OTH for the simple fact that AGTH works with more games than OTH does. However, OTH is a bit easier to use, since, unlike AGTH, there's no command line involved (although there is a frontend program for AGTH which makes things a bit easier). Plus, you do have the option of using OTH with Atlas or Amikai online translation.

Comment

• Is Melty Blood reACt compatible?

What about PPXX from Tinkle Bell?

What of Fate Hollow Ataraxia?

I tried the first two but agth had first OS in the box all the time or EN|

I don't get it.

See attachment to see what I mean.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pamsy123; 07-20-2006, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• How do I get Canvas 2, Cross Channel and _summer to work with this? It always crashes when I start up.

Edit: Now that I've tried it with a bunch of other things, I can safely say that if crashes anything and everything I attach it to. Any idea how to fix that?
          Last edited by Laosher; 07-24-2006, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• My ATLAS text is all question marks and in that post
            http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...0&page=9&pp=10
            Step 1 (pic):
            Change to Default Input Japanese My Window don't have Japanese
            Any idea where to get it ?
            Thx

Comment

• Where's the install folder for Atlas to put the ATLCHECK.dll in?

Comment

• Doesn't seem to Work with Princess Maker 4 ... Too Bad!

Comment

• does Oh Text Hooker work with 峰深き瀬にたゆたう唄?
                  (from this link: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55637)
                  My signature gallery

Comment

• Awesome guide, but I have noticed that this utility is pretty useless... Oddly it doesn't support the best games, i mean: D.C.P.C., ToHeart2, Shuffle!, Utawarerumono, Fate/Stay Night... I wonder if it works with Popotan or BALDR FORCE EXE.

Comment

• Does OTH work with Tomoyo ~It's a Wonderful Life~??
                      I love 変態!! I am 変態!!
                      Please click on my button to rank how 変態 I am.
                      HF-Hentai member #35

Comment

• Um, mikemike...In the first post, you tell us to run QuickAtlas, but you never tell us what QuickAtlas is or how to get it. Maybe you should edit that first post to include information about what QuickAtlas is?

Comment

• anyone know where i can get ATLAS? ive looked everywhere and i can't find it.....( a torrent would be very helpful)

Comment

• ya is there a torrent or something for ATLAS i really need it!

Comment

• Here is ur torrent....download and be merry
                              Attached Files
                              Heaven or Hell... duel one, Lets Rock!

Comment

• Just a quick question(would take forever to read through all pages) I am playing some game called May. Following the instructions on the first page, I start it up and start playing. It translates the part "Inser hero's name" quite a few times but when the main game starts it always keeps on the same "page" in the atlas Clipboard thingy(always press "O" for options, some buttons for characters and so on) while not translating any of the text within the game. Anything that I am doing wrong or is this game a lost cause to me?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X