Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.
    • Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.
    • ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.
    • Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011, 05:42 AM.

thanks for AGTH

Thanks it looks fine .... it is so bad nobody saw you before ;-)

Is there others options like /V /X or are you planning new developpements ?

Discussion about text hooker seems to be there now

Greetings & THANKS to SERJ (missing ...temp ...) for the signature (temp gone ...since many of you have referer ON...)
    "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face..."

Comment

Woah.... Does it work better than OTH? Has support for Atlas?

Comment

Originally posted by Nii
        Woah.... Does it work better than OTH? Has support for Atlas?
        Yes and yes to both your questions. I use Atlas v11 and works.

Official site: http://forum.anime-reactor.net/viewt...=16656&start=0 (note: You need to register to view thread)

This thread here also contains info on this program, http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...0&page=9&pp=10
        If you like the file/info I posted, you can THX me by adding to my Rep. Points

- Current and Upcoming Seeds listed HERE; My farewell to my old Sig here.
        Note: HF-Hentai #63 ; HF-[img] #39 ; HF-TypeMoon #14
        THXs NightviSion for avatar and darkandshadow for sig upgrades ; At work between 1PM - 11PM EST

Comment

If someone IS interested in AGTH - I can discuss it here as well.

Maybe it'll be useful to make list of compatible games.

SorryAngel
          With both /X and /V you get everything that can be captured now.
          I'll extend set of hooked functions if I find other useful ones.
          Last edited by Setx; 01-08-2006, 04:42 AM.

Comment

I tried the instructions from the first post, but when I amend the target line, I get this message box: "The name 'C:\AGTH\agth.exe' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and filename are correct." What am I doing wrong?

Comment

DarkSchneider7819
              'C:\AGTH\' is just an example! If you extracted AGTH to different folder you must specify its name.

Comment

Great work Setx.

Request:
                Wider explantion of /KF option. With some examples if you can.

Any chance for open source? I know some people can contribute to that aplication, and it's hard for you to dl every single game with problems.

Comment

Ok, actually I figured it out, but I have a new problem. I tried this with To Heart X-Rated, and I seem to have some problems with startup. 3 messages each pop up one after another with files listed (I assume the files used for startup), and after theyre displayed, I have a blackscreen. Any idea how to fix this? I tried putting the pieces together before resorting to asking, but I came up with zip. I even tried the same thing when I changed to Japanese Unicode. Any ideas?

Comment

flaq
                    I not planning to open sources now.
                    At first I also thought that it isn't very hard to improve something like text hooker for other programmers. But look at the OTH! It has open sources but nothing useful appeared. The best was word filtering that has nothing to do with real problems. (AGTH not based on OTH in any way.)

First parameter of /KF is minimal length of text buffer where AGTH tries to search for repetitions. Second is 'length multiplier' - if no repetitions found in base length buffer it will grow up to 'first parameter'*'second parameter'. The rest is my heuristic algorithm of finding repetitions. I think this works quite well now.

DarkSchneider7819
                    DO NOT ASK THE SAME THINGS IN TWO FORUMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Setx
                      flaq
                      I not planning to open sources now.
                      At first I also thought that it isn't very hard to improve something like text hooker for other programmers. But look at the OTH! It has open sources but nothing useful appeared. The best was word filtering that has nothing to do with real problems. (AGTH not based on OTH in any way.)

First parameter of /KF is minimal length of text buffer where AGTH tries to search for repetitions. Second is 'length multiplier' - if no repetitions found in base length buffer it will grow up to 'first parameter'*'second parameter'. The rest is my heuristic algorithm of finding repetitions. I think this works quite well now.

DarkSchneider7819
                      DO NOT ASK THE SAME THINGS IN TWO FORUMS.
                      Sorry, I was asking about this so much in one forum, I completely forgot about this one. My bad!

Now im trying to get my answers on this thread: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...ighlight=heart

Comment

ok i did everyhing...but the output from agth text box turn out to be "?????????????" on quickalas.....can u help?
                        Last edited by sesshoumarusamasa; 01-13-2006, 02:47 PM.

Comment

sesshoumarusamasa
                          It seems that you use non-japanese system codepage. Just load QuickATLAS by AGTH and it'll fix this problem:
                          agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"

Comment

Originally posted by Setx
                            sesshoumarusamasa
                            It seems that you use non-japanese system codepage. Just load QuickATLAS by AGTH and it'll fix this problem:
                            agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
                            i kinda dont get that sry....

more decription plz

edit: i changed my computer to japanese uni-code...if i try copy text from agth text box to wordpad..and Ctrl+C again...the text turn out fine in quickatlas.....but it wont translated directly from agth box

LAST EDIT:::: TY...... i just forgot to install applocal
                            ty ty

great program
                            Last edited by sesshoumarusamasa; 01-13-2006, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Wow! this works much better than OTH! d(^_^)b
                              [ HF-Key #113 | Number nine of an ultra secret organization ]
                              Seeding : D.C. Soundtrack
                              Tired of sony's bullshit?

Comment

Working...
                              X