Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.

• Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.

• ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.

• Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011, 05:42 AM.

• I'm in the middle of trying to prepare for my panel on AGTH usage at YaoiCon next month. *is a little nervous* So if anyone has suggestions for the kind of things you think would be good in such a panel, let me know!

Also, here is a little selection of game .exes for games I've run into that need /h codes to run when I was testing games to prepare a master compatibility list for my panel. Each game .exe also has a .txt file explaining the current extraction threads and problem.

http://bl.canadia.info/agthtest/

Some of the games have AlphaROM protection though, and whenever I try using any /h code with them, then as soon as the game tries to write text the entire game window just closes out (even when trying with /pn to attach after the game is running, it just closes as soon as it tries printing text to the screen). I have a feeling probably nothing can be done about this problem, I ran into the issue even after applying noDisk AlphaROM patches to the games.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to look at them, it'd be greatly appreciated. If they can be fixed with /h then I can move them to my compatible list, and if they can't then I'll know to leave them on the incompatible list when I start fixing up my master list for the panel.

Currently playing: N/A | Currently seeking: My Requests
    Co-leader of: HF-Bishoujo Games | Member of: (Unofficial) HF-Incest
    My Resources: AGTH Tutorial and H Codes | Bishoujo Game Reviews

Comment

• Originally posted by mastress View Post
      Some of the games have AlphaROM protection though, and whenever I try using any /h code with them, then as soon as the game tries to write text the entire game window just closes out (even when trying with /pn to attach after the game is running, it just closes as soon as it tries printing text to the screen). I have a feeling probably nothing can be done about this problem, I ran into the issue even after applying noDisk AlphaROM patches to the games.
      The good thing about AlphaROM protection is that it doesn't trash the game code by randomly moving (or replacing with VM) parts of the original program (like most of the "modern" copy protections ie. securom, safedisc and starforce). So it's not so hard to completely strip it out of the executable and then I guess it should be easy to make the exe work with /h patches. I downloaded some random exe from your site and stripped it of AlphaROM. No idea if it works (as I don't even know the name of the game... and since it's for YaoiCon I guess I don't even want to know ). Try it and see if it works now with AGTH without closing the game.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Actually, except for one those are all otome games. :-P Otome games = straight sex.

Anyway, I tried it and your .exe does allow /h to be used on Lovers Collection without the game closing itself out. Definite progress. So now it's just a matter of finding the right parameters to use with it. The parameter I had based on other games of the same engine (which in this case is /HB4@404260 ) does work to get all text extracted without the missing characters, though the name and each line is repeated twice with /kf used (and trying to change /kf 's settings, such as adding 1:200 and such just causes the text to roll in an endless loop). However, this is still major progress, it is at least "useable" this way (albeit a little annoying since every sentence is copied twice).

If you should strip the AlphaROM from those other .exe, and someone could figure out the /h code for just one of the Hoshi no Oujo games (all games by Mirai are on the same engine, so I assume if one is figured out, the solution can be applied to the rest) then I'd be one very happy Mastress. ^_^

Thanks so much for actually taking the time to take a look. I really appreciate it.
        Last edited by mastress; 09-22-2007, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Actually, except for one those are all otome games. :-P Otome games = straight sex.
          No worries, I was just kidding I don't need to play the game to strip Alpharom as long as the exe starts. I was just pointing to lack of the names of the games in .txt files.
          If you should strip the AlphaROM from those other .exe, and someone could figure out the /h code for just one of the Hoshi no Oujo games (all games by Mirai are on the same engine, so I assume if one is figured out, the solution can be applied to the rest) then I'd be one very happy Mastress. ^_^
          Ok, but it will take some time as each one is a bit different and I don't have any special tool that will do the work Seems 4 more executables are protected (with an addon for one game using exactly the same exe as the game so 5 in total). As for /h code I won't be much of help as it seems I don't have any game from that company... plus I'm not that experienced with agth to attempt it anyway

Comment

• Hey guys, I need your help
            Before I add the code C:\AGTH\agth.exe /C in the Target shoftcut, the game work perfectly. But when I add the code C:\AGTH\agth.exe /C in the Target, the icon of the game is change and when I open the shorcut, it only run the agth.exe and the game won't work althought i wait a little longer

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/hhhwere/1.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...hhwere/2-1.jpg
            Last edited by zicohai; 09-22-2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zicohai View Post
              Hey guys, I need your help
              Before I add the code C:\AGTH\agth.exe /C in the Target shoftcut, the game work perfectly. But when I add the code C:\AGTH\agth.exe /C in the Target, the icon of the game is change and when I open the shorcut, it only run the agth.exe and the game won't work althought i wait a little longer
              You probably put quotation marks around both exe name and it's commandline which is wrong. Just a guess. Anyway please change these big ugly screenshots to links only or remove them from your post

Comment

Ok, here are 4 executables without alpharom... not tested really without games. The one in HnOTAdd.rar is the same as in HnOT.rar so not included.
                Attached Files

Comment

• You probably put quotation marks around both exe name and it's commandline which is wrong
                  I already put quotation marks around both exe name and then try to put quotation marks on one exe name, but the game still doesn't work. Somebody help me!!

Comment

• Originally posted by zicohai View Post
                    I already put quotation marks around both exe name and then try to put quotation marks on one exe name, but the game still doesn't work. Somebody help me!!
                    Perhaps you can leave out the quotation mark all together. That way works fine for one of the games I'm currently playing. Or maybe check for extra blank space where there should be only one black space in between letters.

Comment

• Hi, im trying to play fate hollow ataraxia, but im have a few problems.... first my ext looks like this for my shortcut. C:\agth\agth.exe /C /KF1:200 /P2556 "C:\Program Files\Fate/hollow ataraxia\FateFD.exe" the problem is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...e/untitled.jpg, im not sure if thats the /h extension i need but if anyone can help me out with it a bit i will repay you somehow its a promise!

Comment

• Originally posted by vietprince View Post
                        Hi, im trying to play fate hollow ataraxia, but im have a few problems.... first my ext looks like this for my shortcut. C:\agth\agth.exe /C /KF1:200 /P2556 "C:\Program Files\Fate/hollow ataraxia\FateFD.exe" the problem is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...e/untitled.jpg, im not sure if thats the /h extension i need but if anyone can help me out with it a bit i will repay you somehow its a promise!
                        That game uses Kirikiri engine, if I'm not mistaken. If you're using the latest build, you just need to select the Kirikiri thread in the AGTH window, once the texts appear on the screen.

Comment

• That game uses Kirikiri engine, if I'm not mistaken. If you're using the latest build, you just need to select the Kirikiri thread in the AGTH window, once the texts appear on the screen.
                          what kirikiri thread? i dont see that anywhere.

Comment

• Your problem there is having /p. /p can't run off your game .exe, it has to be used from an AGTH shortcut and launched after you are in the game. Remove /p and see if it runs with AGTH. If it doesn't, then you need to a) make a shortcut of agth.exe (I'd put it in your game folder so it's easy to access). b) Put your commands at the end of the line, and use /pn with the game .exe name instead of /p with the process number (then you don't have to change the process number every single time) So you'd have an AGTH shortcut that looks like this: C:\agth\agth.exe /c /pnFateFD.exe . c) Then you load your game .exe. After the game is running, then you run your AGTH shortcut to attach it to the game.

Comment

• Your problem there is having /p. /p can't run off your game .exe, it has to be used from an AGTH shortcut and launched after you are in the game. Remove /p and see if it runs with AGTH. If it doesn't, then you need to a) make a shortcut of agth.exe (I'd put it in your game folder so it's easy to access). b) Put your commands at the end of the line, and use /pn with the game .exe name instead of /p with the process number (then you don't have to change the process number every single time) So you'd have an AGTH shortcut that looks like this: C:\agth\agth.exe /c /pnFateFD.exe . c) Then you load your game .exe. After the game is running, then you run your AGTH shortcut to attach it to the game.
                              Ok i did what you said, i went to my agth folder. created a shortcut put it in my fate hollow ataraxia folder. this is what my extension looks like. C:\agth\agth.exe /C /KF1:200 /PNFateFD.exe i put in the /KF1:200 cause i though it would help with some of the rep of the lines. AFter that i started the EXE. start the extension. and played the game. but im still having the same problems is it sappose to be this way? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ce/screen2.jpg cause it copys a buncha stuff into the atlas.. im not sure if im doing it right or not.

Also matress i sent you a PM please send me back a reply...
                              Last edited by vietprince; 09-26-2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Ok, if you've got the newest AGTH, then the only option you need is /KS1 and /C, AGTH automatically hooks this as being a KiriKiri engine game. You shouldn't need anything else.
                                I just reloaded the game to verify. all you need to do is make an icon with c:\agth\agth.exe /C /KS1 "C:\Program Files\FateFD\FateFD.exe" - or wherever you installed the game to. When it loads up, get to a scene with some text, then choose either of the two KiriKiri threads in AGTH - I'm showing 52EB7D and 52EB3E as both working, valid options.
                                Last edited by niphty; 09-27-2007, 11:40 AM. Reason: typo..

Comment

Working...
                                X