Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.

• Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.

• ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.

• Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011, 05:42 AM.

• I find that so weird, I have never once had a problem with focus stealing with Atlas on my system, in both Ver. 11 and Ver. 13. And everyone else always says they have a problem with it. Huh.

Currently playing: N/A | Currently seeking: My Requests
    Co-leader of: HF-Bishoujo Games | Member of: (Unofficial) HF-Incest
    My Resources: AGTH Tutorial and H Codes | Bishoujo Game Reviews

Comment

• Originally posted by mastress View Post
      I find that so weird, I have never once had a problem with focus stealing with Atlas on my system, in both Ver. 11 and Ver. 13. And everyone else always says they have a problem with it. Huh.
      The easiest (and quickest) examples of REALLY BAD focus stealing issues (that I can think of) is with Discovery games and with the earlier Flying Shine games.
      "Its done when its done."
      - Blizzard Entertainment

Comment

• AGTH update

1) MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte hooks are moved to /x.
        2) Internal disassembler is rewritten (it supports now all Intel/AMD instructions up to SSE4, 64-bit capable).
        3) Updated /R mode (something in new /R might not work on Vista - i don't have this OS for tests and don't plan to install it too).
        4) /R can be used with /NH. (AGTH will set only locale-fix hooks but not the text hooks.)
        5) All featues should now work on Windows 2000. (But remember that there is no AppLocale for it.)

As AGTH now has 64-bit capable disassembler, it's possible to create AGTH hook module for 64-bit applications. But i don't know is there any meaning in it as there is no 64-bit games yet that requite text capturing.

Comment

• So now /x has MultiByteToWideChar instead of /v? Cause I really, really don't want to have to reinstall all those games again after I finally have compiled a nearly complete list for my panel. -_-;;

Wow, this is the first time ever that I'm considering just sticking with an older version, just so I don't have to redo all those codes again.
          Last edited by mastress; 10-07-2007, 04:58 PM.

Currently playing: N/A | Currently seeking: My Requests
          Co-leader of: HF-Bishoujo Games | Member of: (Unofficial) HF-Incest
          My Resources: AGTH Tutorial and H Codes | Bishoujo Game Reviews

Comment

• Does this mean that earlier codes have to be changed? I know some VB and Java but I don't completely understand "MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte hooks are moved to /x." Does "x" mean to extend. I don't know how to really solve this predicament.

Comment

• "MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte hooks are moved to /x" means that now to see these threads you need to also add /x parameter.

So, if the game required no additional parameters and text was output in "MultiByteToWideChar" or "WideCharToMultiByte" thread - now it require /x
              If the game required /v and text was output in "MultiByteToWideChar" or "WideCharToMultiByte" thread - now it require /v /x

The main reason it was done is that you get MultiByteToWideChar" or "WideCharToMultiByte" threads almost always and almost always they are useless. The second reason is these functions represent in-program text processing actions (like other functions in /x set), not the text drawing actions (like other functions in regular set).

You can think of /x and /v as switches that turn off two different parts of internal filtering:
              1) With /x text is captured from all known to AGTH system functions. Without /x - only from system functions used for drawing text.
              2) With /v text is captured from all contexts (first number in text thread name). Without /v - only from contexts below 0x70000000 (above that is system space).

If you specify /v /x AGTH will show everything that it can capture the regular way. So, if you don't want to bother with filtering - always add /v /x, but this way you'll see many more text threads (completely useless most of the time) and can experience some in-game slowdowns (the example here is slowdown caused by "MultiByteToWideChar" hook at the start of KiriKiri-based games).

Note that filtering that is turned off by /v applies to /H hooks too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful Death View Post
                I was wondering... sometimes the auto-translation of Atlas is completely off and looking at the original line myself is almost always necessary to make the necessary mental adjustments. Although I can read Katakana and Hiragana, I'm pretty clueless about Kanji. I don't suppose there's a feature somewhere in Atlas or even another program to print out both a translation and the straight romaji? That would be super awesome and convenient. At the moment I copy and paste it into a web converter, which, while ok, kind of gets tiring
                I'm working on it. It will convert Kanji to Kana and show it as Furigana. It's for all those who are learning Japanese, but don't want to learn Kanji, like me.
                AGTH wiki

Comment

• Oh man. If you complete that you will be my hero

Comment

• Question: My version of atlas is 13.0L10....how do you update to 13.10.1.0?

I don't see any other version updates.

Thanks to Sham for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by roboduck24 View Post
                      Question: My version of atlas is 13.0L10....how do you update to 13.10.1.0?

I don't see any other version updates.
                      13.0L10 is the latest update pack that's listed on the site. I could be wrong about this, but I think the 13.10.1.0 is either the trial version, or the update pack prior to the 13.0L10.

Comment

• I'm having trouble with

[Nitro+] Tsuzuki - Satsuriku no Jango: /HA-C@451DD4 or /HA-4@403230

The userhook isn't appearing.

Is there a specific version/patch I need?

For 1.0.0.2 the game runs but no userhook
                        for 1.0.0.1 agth makes the game crash.

Anyone know about this?

Thanks to Sham for the sig.

Comment

• It's the same for me. That's what I was trying to figure out.. why some people said these codes (and others) worked, when they aren't working for me in the least =D

Comment

• [Unisonshift: Blossom] ALICEぱれーど~ふたりのアリスと不思議の乙女たち~
                            Alice Parade ~Futari no Alice to Fushigi no Otome-tachi~
                            http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74619
                            code: /X /W1006DEB7

Comment

• First I want to thank Setx for creating the outstanding AGTH program, fhc for the illustrated guide on how to run Atlas and AGTH, mastress for the uptodate
                              compatability list and all the other hongfire members who are contributing time and effort in posting their /h codes, list of new compatible games, etc.

I believe I understand most of the info on how AGTH works but I am missing something.

The first game I want to test is titled Ricotte by Rune and according to mastress's site it is compatible but with version 103 which I don't have.

I searched for the update file throughout the forums as well as the official game
                              site but to no avail.

If possible, may someone suggest where else I can search for the update file.

Comment

• Originally posted by rob1986 View Post

The first game I want to test is titled Ricotte by Rune and according to mastress's site it is compatible but with version 103 which I don't have.

I searched for the update file throughout the forums as well as the official game
                                site but to no avail.
                                Here you go:
                                http://www.runecage.jp/main/support-/update.htm#ricotte

Sometimes those patches are available at the support page of the company's site, not the game's download page, if they have one in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X