Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.

• Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.

• ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.

• Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011, 04:42 AM.

• Originally posted by Setx
    General notes:
    zephyranthez
    You are using old AGTH or different version of fate.exe
    If it is different version of fate.exe than you can try /HWB8:4#1 with ScrollLock as descibed above.
    I tried using /HWB8:4#1 with the Scroll Lock, but can't seem to get it working.... is using NoCD fate.exe the problem on this? If so, can u send me the compatible version of fate.exe? by the way I use WinXP SP2.... so, yes, it might be a lot more unstable....

HF-Typemoon #38 || HF-Hentai #412

Comment

• zephyranthez
      It's better that you give me your version, so I can describe correct numbers for it.

Comment

• uh... the version of my fate.exe? Not sure if I see it the right way, but, when I put my pointer on the exe file,it shows 2.19.15.799. the noCD patch shows the same version...
        and I just downloaded the AGTH from the main site 2 days ago, so I presume that's the latest release?

Comment

• Hmm, my fate.exe is 2.19.19.1802. Did you get all the patches for Fate from the Type-Moon website? There are 2 .xp3 patch files and an updated fate.exe.

Comment

• Current AGTH version is 2006.3.4. Are you sure that your agth.exe AND agth.dll are 2006.3.4?

My fate.exe version is 2.19.15.799 (without NO-CD) and it does work.
            Last edited by Setx; 03-14-2006, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• I too am using My fate.exe version is 2.19.15.799 (without NO-CD) and it works fine for me also. So what is supposedly patched in the 2.19.19 version anyone know?

Comment

• hey i have a question any one make work Popotan whit AGTH (i can't ) if any one kwon how to make it run i'll be glad

Comment

• so, the noCD patch MIGHT be the problem here.... I will try using it without the noCD patch first, then, and then I will also try with the patched 2.19.19.1802....
                  thanks for the reply... will notify u on further update ^_^

Comment

• Fate works here and im using the no-cd patch. Thing is, I deleted fate/stay night due to not understanding half of what was going on though, so I forget what I had on the shortcut.It wasn't AGTHs fault that I never understood what was going on, but ATLAS . I'd rather not play H-Games at all if I dont understand what's going on, with ATLAS I was lucky if I understood 10% of what was going on so I deleted all my H-Games.

Comment

• uh.... in case u don't know, Xuse, I didn't even activated ATLAS yet in my case... the text hooking just didn't work for me.... will try to use AGTH without noCD patch later [tomorrow in my time zone... already so sleepy]

EDIT:
                      I tried it without any patch [no noCD, no new Fate exe] and it show no difference with me using the noCD exe
                      I tried downloading the xp3 files patches (just paste them on Fate directory, right?) and Fate.exe ver 2.19.19.1803, and this is what it shows:

Texts are not hooked by those UserHookW, except I used the ScrollLock technique wrongly >.<
                      I use AGTH 2005.3.4
                      Last edited by zephyranthez; 03-15-2006, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Hi again, i have a question:
                        i download Muv-Luv DVDROM Alternative and i trying to get it work whit AGTH but i only get one char and is in random, so i was wondering if any one here kwon how to make it work well i use C:\agth\agth.exe /C /P**** and i run the game first, can any one help me plz

Comment

• Zephyranthez, have you tried Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > On-Screen Keyboard? With the newer keyboards like these multimedia ones they know longer have a scroll lock light so using the On-Screen Keyboard will indicate to you if the scroll lock key is on or not.

Comment

• In next version I'll make AGTH turn off ScrollLock on start when it's used for /H.

Comment

• Link for 2006.3.4 AGTH download?

Originally posted by Setx
                              Current AGTH version is 2006.3.4. Are you sure that your agth.exe AND agth.dll are 2006.3.4?
                              Is there a new link for the 2006.3.4 AGTH version? When I try the http://agth.nm.ru link the page is redirected to http://www.newmail.ru/.

Sear Me's 01-18-2006 rapidshare.de download link works, but I presume this is the 2006.1.4 version of AGTH.

Thanks,
                              ajex
                              Last edited by ajex; 03-17-2006, 01:26 PM.
                              seeding Smuck's Tuski Hime: time 10 - 5 GMT-7

Comment

• Site down till 20.03.2006 12:00.
                                Last edited by Setx; 04-04-2006, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X