Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.

• Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.

• ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.

• Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011, 04:42 AM.

• Thanks guys for taking the time out to do all this as usual.

Just got one more request if possible. Think its just the usual font caching deal:

辱・奴隷妻~息子の友達に犯されつづけた3日間

Comment

• Originally posted by Freaka View Post
      I hate doing codes for [light] games, they're usually very annoying to get and this one wasn't an exception.

AGTH-Code: /HWN-4:-8@77C4F8 /KF /FDialogue@1:3;Choices(BreakKeytoHalt)@1:1 /pnmalie.exe
      Not sure how you do it, especially with the address at the 770000 range. Good job!!

Originally posted by ttppcc
      Calling ----> http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=24329

plz find agth code!!
      You need to give us the link to torrent/DL, so we can grab a copy of the game to look at.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssj4815 View Post
        Think its just the usual font caching deal:

辱・奴隷妻~息子の友達に犯されつづけた3日間
        The only problem that game seems to have is, that it repeats sentences in agth partly. The caching problem would be if less and less letters would appear in agth (because each letter is only shown once).

To split up the content and put the useless stuff into a thread of it's own (as well as choices):
        AGTH-Code: /HSN14:10@4121BE

Comment

• Thanks Freaka for the Light and Alicesoft H-Codes

Now i have for all games to play from 27.02.08 the h-codes ^^

Comment

• Alright, i seem to be having a bit of a problem. I've only been using AGTH for little over a week, but i'd like to think i've got the general gist of how the program works. I've used it with a few different games, and didn't have much of a problem. I recently got タペストリー -you will meet yourself-, and it seems i have to use the /h code that was recently posted by Freaka (thanks very much for that by the way.)

Now, my understanding of how these codes work is that because Freaka's code uses the /pn command, i have to have one normal shortcut that opens the game, then another shortcut which will open AGTH and attach it to the running process, with that /h code in it, which i did.

C:\AGTH\agth.exe /C /HWN-4:-8@77C4F8 /KF /FDialogue@1:3;Choices(BreakKeytoHalt)@1:1 /pnmalie.exe

Apparantly, when i run that i'm meant to select 'UserHook', when AGTH doesn't present me with any options to choose from.

What am i doing wrong? I'd be grateful for any help you guys can give

Comment

• Originally posted by LiamB View Post
              Alright, i seem to be having a bit of a problem. I've only been using AGTH for little over a week, but i'd like to think i've got the general gist of how the program works. I've used it with a few different games, and didn't have much of a problem. I recently got タペストリー -you will meet yourself-, and it seems i have to use the /h code that was recently posted by Freaka (thanks very much for that by the way.)

Now, my understanding of how these codes work is that because Freaka's code uses the /pn command, i have to have one normal shortcut that opens the game, then another shortcut which will open AGTH and attach it to the running process, with that /h code in it, which i did.

C:\AGTH\agth.exe /C /HWN-4:-8@77C4F8 /KF /FDialogue@1:3;Choices(BreakKeytoHalt)@1:1 /pnmalie.exe

Apparantly, when i run that i'm meant to select 'UserHook', when AGTH doesn't present me with any options to choose from.

What am i doing wrong? I'd be grateful for any help you guys can give
              Have the same prob i'am using vista.
              In XP is all ok ^^
              Last edited by aoyu18; 03-06-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Like the Nooooob im also out to get the h-code for 淑女の告白 ~豊乳熟妻、白昼の蜜会 (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100560). However, it is a Morning Star game and I don't know if it is compatible with agth? I have tried to break the MS-games in the past without much sucsess. Is it even possible to get these games to work with agth? I have not seen much talk about it in the forums when I have searched for it.
                OdaneLoki on twitter

Comment

• Alright, so, it seems that the problem is that i'm running Vista (ty to aoyu18 for that). I'm actually wondering why AGTH will work fine normally, but once i need to try using a /h code to run a game, it simply refuses to work. I assumed it might be a problem with Administrator priviledges, but i tried running the AGTH shortcut, and the game, with admin, and running the AGTH shortcut via the command prompt with elevated admin priviledges, to no avail. Vista does seem to have problems sometimes with admin priviledges to programs that are installed into the 'Program Files' folder, so i might try moving it out of there and seeing if it works, but if it doesn't, does anyone know of any other way that i can work around this?

*EDIT*
                  Nope, that didn't work ;x
                  Anyone know of a workaround?
                  Last edited by LiamB; 03-07-2009, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Well i like everyone like to be praised so i will in this post post all /h codes i find by my self.

If any of these codes has already been found then so be it i did not know about it and now i found it my self and post it here.

they might not work perfectly.
                    Any damage these might cause to your game, computer or sanity is your own fault

support might be given if i feel like it

AGTH /h Codes:
                    Spoiler
                    • pigeon blod
                      /hsn4@404655
                    • Deep Body
                      /hsn8:10@430b0e
                    • Hime Kishi Anjerika
                      /han8:58@41926C
                    • Chuu Dashi Igai...
                      /HAN4:C@408b12
                    • Chikan Wa Hanzai
                      /han-c:-14@48dd78
                      Attach to win32.exe once game has started
                    • 学園催眠隷奴
                      /hsnc:2c@42af21
                      seperates name and text
                    Last edited by Felgard; 06-07-2009, 05:23 AM. Reason: Added 1 /h code
                    Weirdly enough things seems to get easier with experience.
                    ----------
                    My カスタム隷奴2+ Grafics patch
                    Agth /hcodes found by me!
                    Found so far 6

Comment

• I've been getting the message box "Can't open library agth.dll" every time I try to open Lamento. I have vista.. Is that the problem? I made sure that my antivirus would let it pass..

Comment

• I noticed that a while back some of you made some codes for a few G.J? games separate the names and text. Thought maybe someone might have luck with this one: 妻とママとボイン

No huge deal, its playable as is of course I just thought it might be nice to add to the collection.

Comment

• Hi guys. Is this the right place to ask whether AGTH works with certain games? I checked the links for the games needing special codes from FHC's tutorial and I didn't see this game listed. Game I am looking for is

"Ane chanto shiyou yo"

It doesn't seem to work with OAGT either that I can figure out. If this is the wrong place to ask, i apologize.

Comment

• Err, any1 can hook Little Buster EX ? AGTH works fine with others game but i cant start LB with it

Comment

• I finish playing Little Buster EX one month ago. The AGTH works for me and hook the text without code or something else.

Comment

• Im using Vista, AGTH ver.2008.11.20

if the target likes this: C:\agth\agth.exe /c /v /x "E:\KEY\リトルバスターズ!EX\REALLIVE.EXE"

AGTH says "Error: cant install hook"

if i use /p or /pn, it says "Error: cant attach to process"

I set compapility mode to WinXP SP2 but nothing different, even patch the reallive.exe

Comment

Working...
                                X