Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.

• Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.

• ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.

• Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011, 04:42 AM.

• Well, I understand that situaltion. I've encountered several games before. At first I could find an address stored in register or stack, but the text isn't exactly at the address but some bytes around there. I just mean if the program uses that text, there should be some lines of instruction directly manipulate them somewhere else, as "mov [],[]" seems to be illegal. At that place agth is able to get the text out. So I will continue to search the program for another place to hook, and I suggest you going around there.
    Last edited by kaosu; 04-25-2009, 11:21 PM.
    sigpic
    Got stuck at AGTH H-codes? Have a try of ITH, supports more game engine.
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208860

Comment

• You can't do any value calculation with agth. I'd suggest you post an ollydbg screenshot of that situation and maybe somebody sees something you don't. Given your timelimit you might just go ahead and hack some lines of codes into the .exe which allow agth easily into it.

At the end there is usually 00 space, so replace something with a jmp down there, insert the replaced commands, add your changes so agth can easily hook (add eax,8?), restore the register/whatever you changed so it looks like before (sub eax,8) and jump back (jmp 4xxxxx). Let agth hook into the address where you restore the register (sub eax,8), if it's not large enough (i think agth needs 6 bytes?) add some useless operation (mov eax, eax) to occupy more space.

You can store modified files in ollydbg if you rightclick in the cpu window, copy to executable -> all modifications, copy all and then again rightclick in the new window, save file. Using modified files has various disadvantages, but in doubt it's better then nothing.

Comment

• hello. i am a newbie and i have a hard time finding a code for this game 開耶姫の季節 完全版(特別版パッチ). I have searched all the websites i know, but i haven't found any /h code for this game. It seems that some characters are missing. I would appreciate if someone would help me. Thanks.
        Spoiler
        If this message is wrong, feel free to delete this.

here's the link to download the game:
        Spoiler
        http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/dl/win95/game/se429844.html

Comment

• Originally posted by tszcraiden17 View Post
          hello. i am a newbie and i have a hard time finding a code for this game 開耶姫の季節 完全版(特別版パッチ). I have searched all the websites i know, but i haven't found any /h code for this game. It seems that some characters are missing. I would appreciate if someone would help me. Thanks. If this message is wrong, feel free to delete this.
          You're right here, but I seem to be unable to install it on my japanese WinXP SP3. Win9X modes crash and the normal mode always complains about "正しいインストール先を指定してください" => "Please specify the correct installation destination." (according to auto translation) Btw. is that 10mb version really the entire game or just some sort of Demo?

Comment

• no, the one you are downloading is the add-on (i think). under that(the one you just clicked), has the same blue button. I think the file name is sakuya-kansei not sakuya special. thanks.

Comment

no, the one you are downloading is the add-on (i think). under that(the one you just clicked), has the same blue button. I think the file name is sakuya-kansei not sakuya special. thanks.
              Ah right, that explains alot. I guess that add-on then asks for the original installation path which obviously I don't have.

Comment

• I've been trying to figure out an H code for 私の知らない妻(メス)の貌. I've got one that works for my own hooking program (/HA-4@412364) but when I try it with AGTH the game dies. Now that address is the entry point for a function, so I tried a few points after that, on PUSHs, but they either die the same way or block text output completely. Now it's a pretty simple H code so I'm not sure what's going on.

Anyone know what's going on and could help my fellow NTR fans?

EDIT: Err, actually it works just fine using attach to process mode. Duh. So here's the full args, without any context hiding or renaming:

/HA-4@412364 /PNMesukao.exe
                Last edited by Vedrican; 04-26-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freaka View Post
                  Ah right, that explains alot. I guess that add-on then asks for the original installation path which obviously I don't have.
                  Spoiler
                  here is the link for the inst path:http://www.vector.co.jp/download/fil.../fh437712.html

the original installation path is placed under that button that you clicked. it has the same button, but it is located below that special application. but, thanks anyway.
                  Last edited by tszcraiden17; 04-26-2009, 11:02 AM.

Comment

hello. i am a newbie and i have a hard time finding a code for this game 開耶姫の季節 完全版(特別版パッチ).
                    I think the company name is [Bjoern Bjoern]...

For the standard version it's /HA-C:8@F3B24 for the updated special version /HA-C:8@F3D54 This will create a bunch of UserhookA, the one ending with 14 should be the one that contains the normal dialogue. 14 and the other numbers are most likely the font size, which I put into different threads as otherwise furigana would be mixed in which isn't so great in terms of translation quality.

Edit: I should add a disclaimer, the addresses are kinda odd and unusual. In case they don't work say so, it should be possible to work out the relative addresses from what is visible in AGTH if the right hook varies from system to system.
                    Last edited by Freaka; 04-26-2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• H code Please

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1856294

Comment

• any H code for Nachtmusik~穢れし姫に淫獄の旋律を捧ぐ~

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1855649

Comment

• Originally posted by Freaka View Post
                          I think the company name is [Bjoern Bjoern]...

For the standard version it's /HA-C:8@F3B24 for the updated special version /HA-C:8@F3D54 This will create a bunch of UserhookA, the one ending with 14 should be the one that contains the normal dialogue. 14 and the other numbers are most likely the font size, which I put into different threads as otherwise furigana would be mixed in which isn't so great in terms of translation quality.

Edit: I should add a disclaimer, the addresses are kinda odd and unusual. In case they don't work say so, it should be possible to work out the relative addresses from what is visible in AGTH if the right hook varies from system to system.
                          thanks. now that solves it. I want to use the thank you button but i don't know where it is. anyway, many thanks to you Freaka.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiar View Post
                            any H code for Nachtmusik~穢れし姫に淫獄の旋律を捧ぐ~

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1855649

/kf /HBC*0@4044F0 /pnnachtmusik.exe

Also, please turn the message speed to max.

[090424][Muscadet]Nachtmusik~穢れし姫に淫獄の旋律を捧ぐ~
                            sigpic
                            Got stuck at AGTH H-codes? Have a try of ITH, supports more game engine.
                            http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208860

Comment

• Originally posted by kaosu View Post
                              /kf /HBC*0@4044F0 /pnnachtmusik.exe

Also, please turn the message speed to max.

[090424][Muscadet]Nachtmusik~穢れし姫に淫獄の旋律を捧ぐ~
                              You beat me with posting by a few minutes, I got /HB4:-14@404290 /KF /pn which gets more texts (mostly useless though) and creates a few more userhook threads so it's a bit harder to find the correct one - but has the choice selections in one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by aoyu18 View Post
                                [Love Juice] Endleep ~Furitsumoru Koibito no Kioku~: /HB-4*0@432AAD
                                Do not set text output speed to fast (max value) or agth wont show the userhook. The userhook also remains empty if you skip and doesn't have the choices, but you can find them in the default ones. I suspect this behavior is true for the other Love Juice games as well. Failing to find something good on my own I just went ahead and got myself an older one and adapted the code. For future reference, ollydbg screenshot of that situation:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X