Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.

• Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.

• ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.

• Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011, 04:42 AM.

AGTH update

Modified copying to clipboard - this should fix '????????' problem of QuickAtlas.

Improved hooking to running processes - /P is more stable now and support other options (remember that /L, /R and /NH are incompatible with /P).
    DO NOT attach AGTH to process which already has attached AGTH.

Sear Me
    I'm not sure will it still work with your game or not.

Comment

Hmm, I'm having a strange problem. For some reason, the program doubles each character it hooks. For example, "asa" becomes "aasasa", and causes atlas to output strange translations. Can I have to append an option to get rid of this?

Edit: Nvm - I tried setting it to KS[2] and the extra character was gotten rid of. On a related note, does anyone know what optimal translation settings to use for anime games with Atlas? (ie, having it correctly translate to the appropriate "tense" and having less confusing passive sentances)
      Last edited by dreoq; 01-21-2006, 12:23 PM.
      しゅうてつ

Comment

Hi guys. i just downloaded your AGTH, but i do not have the ATLAS V11 that you guys been talking about. do i have to buy it or can i download it somewhere? Plz let me know.... thanx.

Comment

Grab it here: http://datorrents.com/torrents-details.asp?id=1303

Comment

I think it doesn't work with galaxy angel moonlight lover..
            I follow the instruction.. then when I opne the shortcut, my computer freeze...

anyone can help???

Comment

Originally posted by Setx
              If someone IS interested in AGTH - I can discuss it here as well.

Maybe it'll be useful to make list of compatible games.

SorryAngel
              With both /X and /V you get everything that can be captured now.
              I'll extend set of hooked functions if I find other useful ones.
              That's a great idea. I know AGTH doesn't work with all the games listed working with OTH. Although OTH seems to have more options which can be useful, AGTH runs cleaner on games it works with.

So far I haven't got it to work with Shuffle or Pia Carrot 3.

Edit: AGTH is working a little better now that I've played with it more and learned to use it better in conjunction with Atlas. However, with Shuffle, the text seems to be in 3 memory fields, making it disfunctional for translation. So Pia Carrot 3 works well now.
              Last edited by gigosaga; 01-24-2006, 11:26 PM.
              "It's not magic Michael, it's an Illusion!"

Comment

Hmm, would anyone know how to fix this problem?

I'm using AGTH on Magical Witch Academy, which is horrible on Othk due to many things such as repeating lines.

So I use AGTH and after a while of screwing around with KS/KF and setting the game text speed to appear instantly, I've cut it down to this...

Name: Text

Name:

The problem is, in the Atlas translation it only hooks the last part! Which would be the name only. On careful inspection I believe it's because although I put it at instant, it just changes very fast from the first to the 2nd sentence so only the 2nd sentence is catched by Atlas. While I could copy/paste the sentence into Atlas it's kind of annoying.
                Maybe I had wanted it this way.
                Maybe I had entrusted my death to you all along.
                Lord Nobunaga... death is so peaceful...
                I'm finally free from your cruelty.
                HF-Bishoujo Games Member #43

Comment

username777
                  Try loading by /P option.

gigosaga
                  Have you seen a game that works with OTH and doesn't work with AGTH? You sure you tried /P as well as normal way of loading?
                  OTH just seems to have more options which can be useful.

TokiNoKimi
                  Not anything can be done automatically: some games have very strange way of printing text - if you have cleen text extraction it is already very good.

Comment

Hm...a slight request...

Can anyone explain what does each of the / options does?

/C I understand, but /NH /P /V /X...?

Comment

I don't suppose anyone could help me tweak this with Fate/hollow ataraxia? I've only found 2 versions of outputted text. One of which seems to be only fragments, and the other is, well, repeated a billion times. For example:

"Deciding it determined and it determined it on that night determined on that night on decision night on night on that night on that night at night of. It determined it on that night. "

The other version nets me "Decision of Yol ..along..".

If anyone understands how the KS and KF paramaters work, I might be able to find the right setting. I'm fiddling around with them randomly but haven't noticed any changes. What does the number for the KS command represent, is it the number of repititions it removes or the ammount it allows? What about the numbers on KF?

Edit: ok, i noticed that the text looked like it was progressing (in AGTH), an extra character each time. What it's doing is capturing each character as it's printed on the screen, and when the next character comes it copies the entire line again, because of the speed it's showing up. Here's an example "秋 秋の 秋の終 秋の終わ 秋の終わり 秋の終わり。 秋の終わり。" You can see it adds each character progressively. I can work around this a bit by slowing down the display of text in game (it has trouble with long parts though), however I thought you might be interested in what it's doing.
                      Last edited by PenguinClock; 01-28-2006, 04:14 AM.

Comment

how to get the last version of AGTH?

Could you please tell me how to get it? Because I don't know where is it?
                        Some of my game didn't work well on AGTH. IT can't hook all massages and I had use /v and /X already. Is this problem happen because I use the old version of AGTH?,my version is the old 2006.1.21.

Comment

PenguinClock
                          Some other games have the same problem too. Nothing can be done for now.

zero21
                          2006.1.21 is the latest version of AGTH now. It isn't very old. ^_^

Comment

dear setx

Sorry to interrupt you again,Setx. My AGTH has 3 files and they are all version 1.21,are they all the lastest version? Sorry to ask you twice but I saw the massages that you wrote to Sear me,it said that there are agth.exe and agth.dll version 1.4,are they the old one? Sorry to ask you twice but I don't know that why AGTH can't capture all text from this game,a princess which is? I had tried many thing but they didn't work. DO this game and all games from pajama soft don't work well with AGth?, I saw some one complain on anime reactor web board about same problem that I met,and his game are from pajama soft. IS this problem from text in games?

Comment

Don't get how this program get to work!

Hmm... is it normal that text copied from the game much shorter then in the game???
                              Last edited by Incoq; 01-31-2006, 07:26 AM.

Comment

It happens with some games. Just try all the functions in AGTH menu using /X and /V options. If still you can't capture all the text, then I'm afraid there's no way to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X