Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.

• Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.

• ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.

• Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011, 05:42 AM.

I just found this thread after wandering through various forum links that I found in the ATLAS-package I downloaded from usenet. I could not get the included OTH to work at all and so I looked for alternatives and found this thread concerning AGTH. I have tried AGTH and found that it almost works properly except for the fact that I appear to be having the same problem as PenguinClock mentions earlier in this thread. Also, is there some way to instruct AGTH beforehand as to what function it should hook to? When I start the game with AGTH it picks up a huge chunk of program code which lags ATLAS for several minutes before it settles down, and then I have to manually select "0x00521E83:00000000 GetTextExtentPoint32W" from the dropdown list (this is the only function out of all the ones listed that provides any sort of coherent looking text, most of the rest either provide random alphanumeric characters or single kana/kanji glyphs). The game in question is Fate/stay night (heh, I guess there has been a bit of resurgence of interest in this now the anime is airing ) and I am on Windows XP Pro SP2 with the system's non-unicode region set to English, but I have AppLocale installed and I use that to load QuickAtlas and the /L option with AGTH.

But anyway I would just like to say that AGTH seems like a great program and thank you very much for taking the time to create it and support it!

Comment

Feature request

In some games sentences do not comes in order ie. AGTH captures text from mesage box then captures person name -> last thing in clip is that name only.
      So here is my request:

Last sequence joining (up to 5?)

danj2k: option /W
      from your example
      /W00521E83:00000000
      Last edited by flaq; 02-02-2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flaq
        danj2k: option /W
        from your example
        /W00521E83:00000000
        This does not quite work, because the function does not become available in the function dropdown list until after the game has initialised and starts drawing text. However, once the function appears, AGTH does switch to it automatically, so that is somewhat of an improvement. Is there a way to instruct AGTH to wait until the function appears before starting to capture text?
        Last edited by danj2k; 02-02-2006, 10:17 AM.

Comment

AGTH should switch to that function when it become available...
          It works in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by flaq
            AGTH should switch to that function when it become available.
            Yes, sorry, that is what I meant... now that I have added the /W parameter, AGTH switches to the correct function once it becomes available. But the problem is, a lot of program or script code or something is picked up by AGTH in the period between the game starting up and the function becoming available.

Comment

You dont need to be sorry, my mistake... I guess we have next feature request for Setx

Comment

Originally posted by danj2k
                Yes, sorry, that is what I meant... now that I have added the /W parameter, AGTH switches to the correct function once it becomes available. But the problem is, a lot of program or script code or something is picked up by AGTH in the period between the game starting up and the function becoming available.
                Simply run Atlas after the game is fully loaded, this should prevent Atlas from translating useless text.

Comment

Originally posted by Sear Me
                  Simply run Atlas after the game is fully loaded, this should prevent Atlas from translating useless text.
                  Oh... I thought it was necessary to load things in a specific order, I did not realise I could simply load ATLAS afterwards. I guess that should work fine then

Comment

aah zannen da yo!!! i tried download it but apparead error 404 page not found T_T PLEASEEE upload it AGAIN T_T pleasee upload de AGTH again ONEGAISHIMASU!!! MATA NE!! thanx for create this program!!! byeee ^^

Comment

no its necessary upload it again already can get it THAAAAAAAANX ^^

Comment

The link works fine for me. Try again, or right click and choose "save link as"

Comment

AHH IM still shocked this program its great until now i tried 3 games GREEN GREEN and GAN GAN 2 and SWEET AFTER KISS i give you a tips when the text run fast and dont stop try only of change the velocity of messages in the game option and put /KS and /KF and all works good ^^ thats its all for today i hope found more tips of this great program ^^ thannxxx

Comment

is this program works fine with Chikan ha Hanzai???
                            because the text that I get in this program is different than the text that appear in the game...

anyone experience this problem or its just me???

and how can I use that /P option???
                            when I open the shortcut an error message appear.. it said "Error: can't attach to process with ID="

thanks for the answer...
                            Last edited by username777; 02-05-2006, 07:14 AM.

Comment

You don't need the /P option to run AGTH with Chikan Wa Hanzai, just use the beta version that SetX posted a few pages ago.
                              If the captured text is totally different from the one displayed in the game, you have selected the wrong function. Use "GetGlyphOutlineA" to capture the text in CWH. Sometimes it'll capture just a portion of the text, but it doesn't bother too much with the game, you'll still be able to understand what's going on.

Comment

okay the chikan wa hazai problem is done... thanx for the answer Sear Me...^^

but I still need help with the /P option. I'm not using it for chikan, I'm using it for galaxy angle moonlight lover...

anyone can help??

Comment

Working...
                                X