Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.

• Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.

• ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.

• Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011, 04:42 AM.

Does AGTH or Oh! Text Hooker work with the Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien series (Muv luv DVD version, Muv luv Supplement, and the Akane Maniax game posted somewhere round here) love the story.
    thx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by username777
      okay the chikan wa hazai problem is done... thanx for the answer Sear Me...^^

but I still need help with the /P option. I'm not using it for chikan, I'm using it for galaxy angle moonlight lover...

anyone can help??
      To use the /P option you have to create a shortcut pointing to agth.exe with /C option (to copy captured text in the clipboard) and /P#### option. #### is the process ID number of the game. If you don't know the process ID:

1. Run the game.
      2. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and then click Task Manager.
      3. Click the Processes tab.
      4. If you do not have a PID column, click View, click Select Columns, and then click to select the PID (Process Identifier) check box.
      5. Click the column header that is labeled "PID" to sort the process by their PIDs. You should be able to easily find the process ID and match it to the program that is listed in Task Manager.

Once you found the right ID, put it in the shortcut, it should look like this:

C:\AGTH path on your HD\agth.exe /C /P####

you don't have to put the game .exe in the shortcut, and (of course) the game must be already running before you launch AGTH
      Last edited by Sear Me; 02-07-2006, 03:48 AM.

Comment

AGTH now has official home site: http://agth.nm.ru

Xenn
        Have you read the first post? (part rUGP based games)

Comment

thanx again sear me...

but looks like this program cannot help me in this game.. it only catch a little portion of the text. and I mean really little.. sometime it only catch one or two characters

Comment

danj2k can you please tell me how you got Fate/Stay Night working? You said you managed to a few pages back. Or perhaps setx or anyone else who managed to get it working?

Its listed as compatible in your website, but as I run it with AGTH it says it can not open splash.bmp.

EDIT: Aha! It seems that the game doesn't need a No CD crack normally, but if you use it with AGTH you do! How odd... Anyway yeh anyone who has same problem just get the no cd crack on the FSN torrent.

EDIT2: Has anyone managed to get FSN in AGTH to stop repeating phrases? I've been experimenting with different parameters without avail -_-. Sometimes AGTH just repeats the same phrase. At other times, it slowly adds another character to the phrase (The text is set to highest speed I think).

Observe:

「「「───問「───問お「───問おう「───問おう。「───問おう。貴「───問おう。貴方「── ─問おう。貴方が「───問おう。貴方が、「───問おう。貴方が、私「───問おう。貴方が、私の「── ─問おう。貴方が、私のマ「───問おう。貴方が、私のマス「───問おう。貴方が、私のマスタ「───問 おう。貴方が、私のマスター「───問おう。貴方が、私のマスターか「───問おう。貴方が、私のマスター か」「───問おう。貴方が、私のマスターか」
            Last edited by Nii; 02-11-2006, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Nii: nope it's not possible

Comment

Originally posted by Nii
                danj2k can you please tell me how you got Fate/Stay Night working? You said you managed to a few pages back. Or perhaps setx or anyone else who managed to get it working?
                I did not get it fully working, I am experiencing the same problem as you are. The reason is that the game seems to output the text one character at a time (even on the fastest text mode) and so you get output with a string of characters that increases by one character every time. There is nothing to stop you copying and pasting the last repetition (which is usually the full sentence) to get it translated, but it is tedious and time consuming and so I have given up on F/SN for the moment. Something that would be more likely to work is if the functionality in the underlying Kirikiri scripting engine could be hooked somehow.

Comment

Message to mods: sticking this thread would be a good idea

Comment

Also note all the text has managed to be extracted from FSN. You can extract it , translate it with Atlas separately and then view it side by side with the game. See FSN translation thread for details.

Comment

HELLO i need some of help somebody tried play some game of leaf as to heart 2 or kusari??? i tried with kusari but not apparead some usable text only the name of the game repeated many times somebody can play this game with agth?? i hope that somebody help me thanxx for create this great program!! ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Nii
                        Also note all the text has managed to be extracted from FSN. You can extract it , translate it with Atlas separately and then view it side by side with the game. See FSN translation thread for details.
                        Yes, but I don't think the scenario files contained within the data.xp3 file are in order, so you would have to be able to do a full text search based on the text you're seeing in the game in order to determine which file is currently being displayed.

Comment

Gah, I finally got AGTH to hook correctly on Princess Witches, in case there are others of you out there who've been frustrated with OTH garbling the game's characters on-screen in the game window and making any translation (or even reading) impossible.

I'm using the parameters /c /v /ks[2]

Also Once you start a game or load one, switch to the first "GetGlyphOutlineA" option in AGTH and stay there and don't touch it for the rest of your session, otherwise it gets messed up.

Now to see if Atlas works in conjunction with this setup.

EDIT: BEEEEEP!!! Nope, still doesn't work. Well, at least not perfectly. Sometimes half the characters are missing, and in no particular order, as far as I can tell. At least it's somewhat comprehensible.
                          Last edited by Shinova; 02-20-2006, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Yay, new Text Hooker!

I've been trying to run, 操心術~P.S.@4~, which doesn't work at all with OTH.

It... sorta works with AGTH. The line I am using is:

C:\agth\agth.exe /C C:\操心術PS4\soushin_ps4.exe

The memory position it hooks upon load is not correct, But if I change it to:
                            0x004FF19F:00000000 GetTextInsertionPoint32W, it does get some text. The default one actually reads the game's script (as in, programming language) as it is loaded, which, while interesting, is not quite useful.

However, for some reason the text, which seems to be animated, is coming up doubled or more. For example, on the maximum speed, the line:

ああ

Comment

Hey KiTa!!! Have you tried Gadget with AGTH yet?

Anyway yes there are many games that seem to have this problem. I already encountered it with Fate/Stay Night. Works a charm with Saimin Gakuen though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nii
                                Hey KiTa!!! Have you tried Gadget with AGTH yet?
                                Not yet, can't find my copy. =/ I have high hopes, however.

Comment

Working...
                                X