Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.

• Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.

• ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.

• Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011, 05:42 AM.

• Dorkatlarge: I have the Memories Off games and Refrain Blue. I'll try to get them and For Symphony tested when I can (been /so/ busy with college work).

Currently playing: N/A | Currently seeking: My Requests
    Co-leader of: HF-Bishoujo Games | Member of: (Unofficial) HF-Incest
    My Resources: AGTH Tutorial and H Codes | Bishoujo Game Reviews

Comment

• Vaiser
      Whan you say /H AGTH captures that it sees in that place. It seems that codes of 1-byte symbols repeated twice there.

mikemike
      Most likely you are using old version of AGTH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Setx View Post
        mikemike
        Most likely you are using old version of AGTH.
        Thanks~ You were right, I was using the 2006/10/8 build. The game works perfect now.

If anyone is willing to help, I've been looking for the /H code for Boy Meets Girl for many, many hours @_@

It shares the same engine as two other Frontwing games, Sorauta (/HA14@422FCC) and Megachu (/HAC@47E762). Still, I can't seem to find the right address for hook.

I've attached the exe and DLL files for the game, if anyone can give it a shot, it would be greatly appreciated.
        Attached Files

Comment

• I'd like to know the code for Boy Meets Girl as well. I have it, but with no programming skillz I'd never stumble across the /h. -_-;; (Is Yuki Uta also incompatible? I'd like to play that one sometime too...)

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemike View Post
            Thanks~ You were right, I was using the 2006/10/8 build. The game works perfect now.

If anyone is willing to help, I've been looking for the /H code for Boy Meets Girl for many, many hours @_@

It shares the same engine as two other Frontwing games, Sorauta (/HA14@422FCC) and Megachu (/HAC@47E762). Still, I can't seem to find the right address for hook.

I've attached the exe and DLL files for the game, if anyone can give it a shot, it would be greatly appreciated.
            /HAC*0@4243C4 or HA14@4243C4

Comment

• Originally posted by Setx View Post
              Vaiser
              Whan you say /H AGTH captures that it sees in that place. It seems that codes of 1-byte symbols repeated twice there.
              If I use /HH option, the result of AGTH is like next ;
              Origianl Text : 「あの……ところでお伺いしたいのですが、312号室というのはどちらになるのでしょうか」
              AGTH result : 7581 A082 CC82 6381 6381 C682 B182 EB82 C582 A882 668E A282 B582 BD82 A282 CC82 C582 B782 AA82 4181 3133 3231 8D32 868D BA8E C682 A282 A482 CC82 CD82 C782 BF82 E782 C982 C882 E982 CC82 C582 B582 E582 A482 A982 7681

Because these data are 1 byte code, in 3133 3231 8D32 rigth data is only 33 31 32.
              But AGTH use all data except 8D.

Comment

• Trying agth for prince x prince since all i get with ohooker is garbage.
                But got this same message.
                The name 'C:\AGTH\agth.exe' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and filename are correct.
                "C:\Program Files\Agth" c/ "C:\Program Files\あまなっとう\ぷり・プリ\PRI.EXE"
                I get agth but its empty. then i load game through applocale.But agth dosnt pick up the text at all.
                What am i doing wrong?
                Last edited by chrismage; 11-08-2006, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Your Target line is going to be a) the location of agth.exe, b) the commands you are using with it, and c) the location of the game.exe

It should be something like:

"C:\Program Files\Agth\agth.exe" /c "C:\Program Files\あまなっとう\ぷり・プリ\PRI.EXE"

Comment

• AGTH update

1) Added 64-bit build of AGTH (AMD x86-64 architecture). Hooking of 64-bit processes isn't suppoted yet. On 64-bit Windows agth64.exe can be used instead of agth.exe in any case; loading of 64-bit processes will be suppoted only in agth64.exe.

2) Added ability to work over network, so hooked process can be on one computer and AGTH server with text on another. This should allow to play games in fullscreen mode.

3) Restricted /HB to hook only 1 symbol at a time.

4) Options /C and /CT are merged in one /C.

5) New option /NX that allow to control the auto-closing of AGTH on the end of all hooked processes.

Over network work notes:

Definitions: 'Server' - computer with AGTH that will receive text, 'Client' - computer that executes the game.

To run AGTH over network you need:

1) Make sure Client's Windows is logged in to Server's Windows by the user of Administrators group.
                    One of ways to do this is to map \\Server_IP\C$ to one of your local drive letters and open that drive.

2) Start AGTH on Server computer. (agth.exe on 32-bit Windows, agth.exe or agth64.exe on 64-bit Windows.)

3) Load game on Client computer with /SServer_IP parameter.
                    Last edited by Setx; 03-02-2007, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Trying agth for prince x prince since all i get with ohooker is garbage.
                      The name 'C:\AGTH\agth.exe' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and filename are correct.
                      I get agth but its empty. then i load game through applocale.But agth dosnt pick up the text at all.
                      What am i doing wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrismage View Post
                        Trying agth for prince x prince since all i get with ohooker is garbage.
                        What am i doing wrong?
                        Your command line is wrong instead of

it should be

"C:\Program Files\Agth" /c "C:\Program Files\あまなっとう\ぷり・プリ\PRI.EXE"

Comment

• Set your computer into Japanese first (before running the game). I've never used AppLocale, I just set XP with the default for non-unicode programs to Japanese and have left it that way for years.

Your command line should be:

"C:\Program Files\Agth\agth.exe" /c "C:\Program Files\あまなっとう\ぷり・プリ\PRI.EXE"
                          Last edited by mastress; 11-09-2006, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• This is my first time using this program. I'm sure I got everything running correctly but now as I begin to play Mahou Hitotsu Kudasai Na AGTH captures the same line of text multiple times and then when ATLAS translates the text it repeats the same words over and over.

looks like this :

The only other game I have that I could test AGTH with is Rapelay which is partially translated. When i run that game AGTH goes crazy and just spams the same line rapidly without ever stopping...
                            Last edited by Asirae; 11-09-2006, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• can someone put all /h and /w codes in one topic?
                              i search 20 pages and already tired...............
                              "-The world is not beautiful; And that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty.-"

Comment

• I document all the /h codes posted here on my message board, as well as "important" postings and such. AGTH

/w is only a shortcut, not a requirement. There is really no reason for someone to have to document all the /w to every game. All it does is auto-load a thread so you don't have to manually select from the drop-down list in the AGTH window. Find the thread that hooks the text to you want, and if you don't want to manually pick it each time, then add /w[address]. You don't have to have the /w command.

Comment

Working...
                                X