Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Interactive Text Hooker - new text extraction tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Text Hooker - new text extraction tool

Interactive Text Hooker (ITH) is a tool to help you extract text from Japanese games.
    It works very like AGTH. if you are familiar with AGTH you will find it easy to work with ITH.
    Right now ITH is not quite stable and under developing. Please help me test it and report any bugs you find.
    Also any suggestion about new features or improvement is welcome.
    Latest ITH 2.3 (2011.7.9). ITH64 1.0 (2011.5.15). 3.0 test.
    Latest engine support module(10.15).

Manual & Tutorials
    User manual: http://code.google.com/p/interactive...iki/UserManual
    English: http://craneanime.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorial-ith-interactive-text-hooker.html
    Korean: http://blog.naver.com/foolmaker/30098345502
    Vietnamese: http://vnsharing.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235841
    Just googled these tutorials out. Thanks to the authors of these tutorials. I'm just too lazy to write one.
    If you also write tutorial please send me the link and I will add it here.
    Chinese(need register): http://bbs.sumisora.org/read.php?tid=10997379
    Written by me. Also ITH Chinese version can be found here.

Links:
    ITH at Google code: http://code.google.com/p/interactive-text-hooker/
    ITH at Google group: http://groups.google.com/group/interactive-text-hooker
    AGTH main thread by Setx: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36807
    AGTH tutorial by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189
    Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401
    Translation Aggregator by ScumSuckingPig: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395
    VirusTotal: http://www.virustotal.com/

System requirement:
    Intel Pentium4 or later processor. Recommend OS is Windows XP or later.
    Technically your processor must support SSE2 and OS support common control library 6.
    ITH is also assumed to work in 64-bit Windows.

Basic usage:
    Spoiler

Please put ITH.exe, ITH.dll and ITH_engine.dll in the same folder.
    To let ITH extract text from a game, click on the process button,
    it will open a dialog with a process list. Find your target and click attach then.
    When you don't want to extract more text from that game, click detach to tell ITH stop extracting.
    After attached, the shorter drop-down list will contain the pid and name of the game you select.
    If ITH could extract some text, the longer drop down list in the main window will have more than one item.
    When you select one text will appeared in the big square.
    Every item is called a thread. Try to go through every item and find if the text is the same
    to the text in the game.

User-defined hooks:
    Spoiler

Also UserHook. AGTH uses this term in its thread.
    When the default hooks doesn't give you right text you want, you will need to install a user-defined hook.
    A special string is needed to inform ITH about the hook you want to install.
    This string is called H-code in AGTH terms. Usually it's game and version dependent.
    Refer to AGTH help and Freaka's video tutorial for further information.
    ITH can handle AGTH H-code, so if you have an AGTH H-code for a game, ITH will also work well for that one.
    Input this string right to the process list(the shorter drop down list) and press enter, a new hook will be installed.

Thread window:
    Spoiler

You can manage thread linking information and comment here. Thread linking is a mechanism to merge thread.
    Select the sender thread at the top, then select a thread in link to list.
    Click set, a link will be created to that. Notice that no cyclic link is permitted. Like 1>2>3>1.
    Link list will list all thread on this chain one by one.
    Last sentence contains the last sentence from one thread.
    Comment is some text to describe the thread.
    After you have commented some thread, its name will change in the main window.

Hook window:
    Spoiler

Click hook in the main window will open a dialog to help you manage hooks.
    But it is for advanced users who are familiar with H-code internal.

H-code defined by Setx: /H[X]{A|B|W|S|Q|H}[N][data_offset[*drdo]][:sub_offset[*drdo]]@addr[:module[:{name|#ordinal}]]
    addr->Hook Address, data_offset->Data Offset (when data_offset is negative value, sub more 4 from that, e.g. -8 for EAX, but still -4 for EAX in H-code)
    *drdo->Data Indirection when after data_offset, Split Indirection when after sub_offset
    sub_offset->Split Parameter, also sub 4 when negative.
    Module/Function Base(ITH original): Here fill hash values of module and name. You enter a string in the right blank,
    click hash module/function, then hash values is calculated and filled into this 2 blanks.
    CheckBoxes on the left enable correspond function.
    CheckBoxes On the right correspond to charset option.
    A->Big Endian (ITH different from AGTH defination), B->None, W->Unicode
    S->String, Q->String&Unicode, H->Hex value, N->No context.
    Last Char(ITH original), give in string pointer and extract last char of that string.
    Click generate code you will see h-code of this hook in the bottom.
    Notice that module and name is string in AGTH h-code, but ITH can't get string back from hash.
    Click Remove Hook to remove current selected hook from target process and clear all threads from that hook.
    Click Modify Hook to modify current selected hook. In fact original hook is removed and ITH insert new hook base on parameters in hook window.

Profile:
    Spoiler

After attached to some process, you can add that to profile. ITH will record its path.
    If you enable auto inject in option window, ITH will monitor process and attach to that whose path has been record.
    You can also assign up to 4 user-define hook codes(h-code) to a record.
    If you enable auto insert in option window, ITH will insert these hooks after attached.
    Hook code contains module/function name will be transform into hash value.
    They represent equivalent hook. Module name is case insensitive while function name is case sensitive.
    Original : change to ! to indicate that's hash value.
    e.g. /HA4@123:foo.bar:abc -> /HA4@123!BD097770!C5840063

On the left is a list of all games you have attached and added to profile.
    They other three boxes stores information about remote downloaded profiles.
    Click Refresh to list all profiles stored locally. You can update this list with the updater.
    Click a game on the left and click Find, ITH will find a correspond profile according to executable hash value.
    The click import to copy all information and insert hooks.

Option:
    Spoiler

Split time: Time interval to insert line break. At least 100.
    Process delay: ITH will check one process if it's in profile. At least 50.
    If there are N processes running on your system, it takes N*PD for one round.
    This is the longest time ITH waits to attach after a process in profile launched.
    Inject delay: ITH delay attach after process in profile found. At least 1000.
    Insert delay: ITH delay insert hooks after attached. At least 200.
    Auto attach: ITH will attach to processes in profile automatically.
    Auto insert: ITH will insert hooks after attached automatically. Notice that auto insert will not work if auto attach is not enabled.
    Time unit is millisecond.
    Suppress: Enable suppress repetition function. This is the case ABCABCABC.
    Clipboard: ITH will copy the last sentence to the clipboard. Other tools which monitors clipboard will make use of it.
    Here "last sentence" means characters from right after the last line break to the current character

Global filter: Global filter is a customizable filter that will apply to all threads.
    Currently only single character policy is implemented.
    Maybe in the future I will introduce more complex rules into ITH.
    All characters in the filter list will be filterd out before dispatch to correspond thread.
    Therefore those characters will not appear in final output.

Full space at the beginning is by default filtered. If it's in the middle of a sentence,
    explicitly add it to global filter list.

Miscellaneous:
    Spoiler

Top: ITH will stay on top when pushed.
    Clear: Wiped out the text in the current thread.
    Save: Save profile for current game.
    This includes UserHooks, thread links, thread comment, and current select thread.

Suspend/Terminate thread: You can suspend terminate some thread of some process.
    Select one thread and operation type, then click Execute.
    There's an box in the right upper corner of the process dialog.
    If you enter an function address here then operation will be proceed on all threads with the same start address.

ITH is able to attach to multiple processes at same time, although it seems useless now.
    When you close ITH while a program, which is already attached by ITH, is still running,
    open ITH once more then ITH will automatically attached to that program.

Link: You can type L[num1]-[num2] in the command line (without brackets, only number).
    ITH will make a link from thread num1 to thread num2.
    All text thread num1 receives will also be sent to thread num2.

ITH will remove single character repetition, that is the case AAABBBCCC....

ITH64:
    Spoiler

Based on worldwide data taken during June 2010 from Windows Update 46% of Windows 7 PCs run the 64-bit edition of Windows 7.
    It's likely that more and more game engine will have a 64 bit version. Currently already one exist(CMVS64).
    Neither current ITH nor AGTH can hook 64 bit process, since they're all 32 bit program.
    ITH64 is designed to address this problem. It's native 64 bit program. Its internal architecture is reformed to fit the 64 bit environment.
    Although it's possible for ITH64 to hook 32 bit process, I want to leave that task to original ITH currently.
    In other word, ITH64 will NOT hook ANY 32 bit process. Please use original ITH instead.
    Maybe at some future point I will write a compatible layer. Then you need only ITH64 to do all your hook task.

Usage of ITH64 is almost the same to original ITH. Only difference is about register representation in h-code.
    Original h-code has the following register map:
    EAX -> -4, ECX -> -8 ... EDI -> -20
    New 64 bit version is as this:
    RAX -> 0, RCX -> -8 ... RDI -> -38, R8-> -40 ... R15 -> -78
    It becomes zero-based and the increment is changed from 4 to 8.

Example code for current CMVS64 engine.
    /HA-40:-48@4E050:cmvs64.exe
    This means that at 4E050 in module cmvs64, r8 contains data and r9 stores split parameter.
    Be aware of architecture difference when writing h-code for ITH64.
    I strongly recommend that new code use a base-offset style to indicate the real address.
    Not only because the address has become longer, but also to avoid problems when the target module is map into random address.

Why ITH:
    Spoiler

AGTH is a big success in text extraction.
    With UserHook function it can solve more than 95% current text extract issues.
    But new games usually need H-code to help AGTH working, and common users have no way to write one.
    ITH is designed to recognize much more game engines than AGTH and insert proper hooks automatically.

1)ITH now can detect many popular game engines.
    Currently KiriKiri, BGI, RealLive, ShinaRio, CMVS, MAJIRO, rUGP, Malie, NitroPlus, Lune, QLIE,
    Apricot, CandySoft, AB2Try, Debonosu, System40, CIRCUS, AtelierKaguya, Waffle, YU-RIS,
    TinkerBell, AbelSoftware, SofthouseChara, LiveMaker, Bruns, CaramelBox, Pensil.
    More will be added later. If you find some engine ITH currently can't detect, feel free to request it here.
    I will then study that engine and try to find a way to detect it.
    General speaking ITH works well without special codes for more than 70% new released games.

2)ITH has a graphic attach/hook insert interface. You don't need to pass parameters to ITH via cmd or link target line.

3)ITH is able to insert multiple UserHooks into target process, while AGTH only one.

4)ITH can join threads together as your wish(Link function), while AGTH will join many together, sometimes with useless threads.
    Since ITH is able to insert multiple UserHooks, this also means you can join text from different hooks together.
    This is useful when the text process function appears at different place.

5)ITH can detach from process, remove/modify UserHook while the process is running.
    You don't need to restart the process when you find you have inserted wrong hooks.
    Bad hooks won't crash the process, just yield error message.
    This means you can use try-error method to guess hook code more efficiently.

6)ITH is open source and is under developing. More features will be added to ITH in future versions.

a) AGTH has option to hook common system routine(/X?), ITH currently only hook APIs in GDI32.dll

IMPORTANT note:
    I have submit this program to VirusTotal, some anti-virus software report ITH as malware.
    I use NOD32 and it report nothing here. There is some aggressive technique that may be used in virus.
    ITH requires administrative privilege to function properly, means it has potential to damage your computer.
    I promise that original ITH will not
    1)spy programs other than you tell it to attach,
    2)create/modify/move/delete any files without explicit prompt, other than "ITH.pro" and "ITH.ini" resides in its folder,
    In the case of ITH64, it will create "ITH64.pro" and "ITH64.ini" respectively.
    3)create/write/delete any system registry keys,
    4)send/receive any information through network.
    Make sure you have checked hash values to ensure it is original version.

Hash value of ITH
    Spoiler

Hash values for current ITH.exe
    MD5 : 339360e57c9940ab33631071947a8e42
    SHA1 : f8a1b98c7b77b0b1fa45a1998bb80c0a6f34aad2
    SHA256: 540a5ec6f6d5092b1d76f96427d8cd344103b256e4526ad460 2b1a25ef1c882e

Hash values for current ITH.dll
    MD5 : 2685073a5825725d09bb6671f99ac151
    SHA1 : 6e5cffd1886d7d131c91a6afe20244b79f3d89ac
    SHA256: 34548ec22b4e22774255b13c0ac799d13a535c03bcb84a0e4a ad3a06d454ad6e

Hash values for ITH_engine.dll (2011.7.9)
    MD5 : 6d9cd2bf506aede1bcc40b1db8b116e0
    SHA1 : f066d124ee91de2da0dc89c864390969602aff3b
    SHA256: c61e1fe060d5bf6e69c1b70a122f51e406714e7821ea43761e 0046ad6dc505ce

Hash values for current ITH_engine.dll (2011.10.15)
    MD5 : c027319d9f652747c2beb9be2cc0a6e7
    SHA1 : cdb6b380e859cf45c6747ac5880d2ac4896c251d
    SHA256: faca50c43ab62b2366d4b927d234dcf4522e01e369c415a9ac 9b1d27dd632d90

Hash value of ITH64
    Spoiler

Hash values for current ITH64.exe
    MD5 : 394b168b58e2f8da89fa73c507ea1136
    SHA1 : 412a3fdac7b9ec42bafd30f2fc2f821c25c2513d
    SHA256: 180dea1d34c23260bfbef0d529ecfdea437395d86ca8f44ac6 a1730c44a51b0d

Hash values for current ITH64.dll
    MD5 : 523089418cc41e410f1c58f71e277b2b
    SHA1 : 251eb10d20d1083e99d2697db30d987c561bd970
    SHA256: 12073ed66c13967818b7778ce3e5ac37f0edd87f4e8adf9b6c 4c02a4849b0511

Hash values for current ITH64_engine.dll
    MD5 : 2657858b2beb04dc104adcccbb343691
    SHA1 : 6bb730cbfc7715d5b8c5f56c008923d6d25a5ebf
    SHA256: 78b4ae62b19e04bce75ba2bdd5bf7ca3c1d5db3e95df53db9e 8c2117329e6a35

About the source:
    Spoiler

From 2.2 source code of ITH is under GPLv3. Older source is no longer available.
    ITH is written in C++ and inline assembly, compiled by VC10.0.
    A ready-for-compile project pack is also uploaded. Please get ntdll.lib and msvcrt.lib from latest WDK.
    Since I begin develop ITH with VS10.0 so maybe it's inconvenient for those under 10.0.
    I develop this program in WIN7 64 so it's assumed to work well under both 32 and 64bit OS.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kaosu; 03-02-2012, 09:27 PM.
    sigpic
    Got stuck at AGTH H-codes? Have a try of ITH, supports more game engine.
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208860

• Originally posted by ShoujoEater View Post
    I'm having the same problem as this him, in Shin Koihime Musou, strangely though I managed to get it to work with ITH once, but after that it stopped working.
    I noticed the problem is that after adding the Hook, it wont get added to the list in the main pulldown for the text extractor.
    Attached an image of the profile, it should be correct yet it doesnt seem to be working.

Any ideas?
    try following my post form here http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...08#post2818908 some one give some picture in the spoiler and i follow them and it worked have a look

Comment

• Small Bug: Entering a hcode without @ in the main window (e.g. /H1) results in ITH crashing. (Not that it would be a valid code, but still shouldn't crash).

Comment

• The "Auto suppress repetitions" seems to be pretty buggy. While trying around with 脅迫DVG~囚われた明日~ for WINDOWS (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301950) I noticed that sometimes with that option enabled characters get doubled and overwrite the following ones.

The hook code has some issues on it's own (/HBN0*0:4@4423B9, set text speed to max) and I don't expect ITH to fix that. However as you can see in the attached screenshot the second last line with auto suppress enabled does some strange things. The last line is how it looks with the option not enabled (if you use the load option ingame and close it again the text refreshes), this is also the same way how AGTH presents it.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Freaka; 03-27-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• I also noticed that "Auto suppress repetitions" is buggy. I tried using with a game where each character was repeated twice or three times. ITH removed the repeated characters, but it didn't always copy the text to the clipboard. Often I had to manually copy the text from ITH. I gave up and used AGTH.
          AGTH wiki

Comment

• this is happen to me too, when I tried to remove some repeated text from my hooked game at ITH, it still shows the repeated one , not the single text (the right one)

and in some games, things happened just like Stomp case...

Comment

• woah! coding.....one of my failed subject last semester....it hurts me to cover it!
              can some one pm me with the links on how to coding on? much appreciate!!!!!!

Comment

• I'm getting this error:
                2304: Exception raised during hook processing.
                2304: Exception code: 0xC0000005
                2304: Exception offset: 0x00002F88:ITH.dll
                What do i do to fix it?
                Last edited by erulif; 04-02-2011, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Glad to see more and more people download and use ITH in the last 2 months.
                  I will have some free time in the next few days and I want to update ITH as soon as possible.
                  A new UI layout is taken into plan, but may not change current layout soon.
                  As always, some new engine support will be added to next version.
                  ITH64 is nearly finished, soon it will be released.
                  Although game with 64-bit version executable is quite rare now,
                  with ITH64 equipped we can say we are ready for the coming 64-bit boom.
                  A official website is also planned. I will then prepare more comprehensive document of ITH.

@Freaka & Stomp & levantino: I'm working on this issue. It will be greatly improved in the next version.
                  @SummonNight: Just like other skills, it's not that hard once you've gotten into it. Keep practicing then.
                  If you want to learn one programming language, you can always google it first. I think you won't be about to go over all of them even you become an expert in this field
                  @erulif: Please provide me more information about this issue. Which game are you playing? Are you using any additional code? Are there any text threads in the main window?
                  Last edited by kaosu; 04-02-2011, 08:22 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I don't mean to offend you or anything, but it's already 16 and we really need your fixation on the "Auto Supprress Repetition"

and also, I suggest that you add the /x code in ITH, so we don't need to add them on some popular VN engine (sorry, forgot the name)

Comment

• Originally posted by levantino View Post
                      I don't mean to offend you or anything, but it's already 16 and we really need your fixation on the "Auto Supprress Repetition"

and also, I suggest that you add the /x code in ITH, so we don't need to add them on some popular VN engine (sorry, forgot the name)
                      Judging from this comment, there's no way to do games that require /x or /x3 ? Been trying to get ITH to work Muddled World Orchestra and it seems /x is the only way to extract

Comment

• Originally posted by cyberscythe195 View Post
                        Judging from this comment, there's no way to do games that require /x or /x3 ? Been trying to get ITH to work Muddled World Orchestra and it seems /x is the only way to extract
                        no, I mean you still need to add "/x" but I'm suggesting that ITH have that /x feature automatically (just like /c and some other engine)

Comment

• Hi all, does anyone got H-Code of game Marguerite Sphere -マーガレット スフィア-?
                          I try both ITH and AGTH but the line is not take enough or it repeat twice the line ><
                          Thanks

Comment

• i tried to search within the thread, but i didn't get a great result so i am going to ask away:
                            From the Korean version, it is often said that you need "egghead" as the translator to make ith work the best. any idea what the official name of this translator is when how to get it? (is it freeware or licensed?)

Comment

• Originally posted by saladin92 View Post
                              i tried to search within the thread, but i didn't get a great result so i am going to ask away:
                              From the Korean version, it is often said that you need "egghead" as the translator to make ith work the best. any idea what the official name of this translator is when how to get it? (is it freeware or licensed?)
                              Can you read or understand Korean?
                              Egghead(에그헤드) is a translation tool made by a Korean programmer playing for Japanese games.
                              It is a freeware. If you want to get this program, go http://blog.naver.com/foolmaker/30096607181
                              and download Egghead 0.72 or 0.73 version. Unfortunately, development of Egghead is suspended

and a following post will help you understand how to use it.
                              http://blog.naver.com/foolmaker/30106547317
                              Last edited by foolmaker; 04-22-2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• New test version here. Auto suppress repetition function is enhanced.
                                But I believe it is as buggy as before. I need some test case so please help me crash it and report the game you are playing

@cyberscythe195 & levantino: As I mentioned in this thread before, /X? may slow down your system.
                                I will want to take a different approach to this issue. After I finish current plan I will work on it.

@Tsuchiya90: Seems it's a new game. I will try to make one after I dl it, if there is nobody else doing this.

@saladin92: I can't read Korean so I can't help. You can contact foolmaker, I think he is the author of the tutorial.

@foolmaker: Thanks for your tutorial. Seems there's a lot of comments about your tutorial.
                                If there is any comment about bug or improvement please help to report to me, in English
                                Last edited by kaosu; 04-27-2011, 07:16 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X