Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Interactive Text Hooker - new text extraction tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tested suppress repetition buttion on 輝光翼戦記 天空のユミナ from Eternal, which does not have any repeated phrases, and I get the same issue where the copy to clipboard fails to copy all the text. In this game it misses the first three characters. When I suppress repetition is not used the copy to clipboard works fine.

Comment

I really liked the profiles and autoattach function. That's one of two things I was longing for as agth+TA user (tired of shortcuts).
      I came up with few mostly cosmetical suggestions, tried to sort them by difficulty -

1. Minor - save options in config file / registry.
      2. Minor - when starting game from profile manager, the profile window should close itself.
      3. Major - set/store default thread in game's profile and autoswitch to it on auto/manual attach.
      Basically, with 1 and 3 we could just run ITH and the game and don't care about anything else as long as the game profile was created beforehand.
      Maybe even leave ITH hanging in background permanently and let it catch any game we run...

Comment

I used ITH with Muv Luv Alternative and it auto-copy to clipboard function missed some characters (it can hook nicely, though):

Spoiler

I tried changing the delay time but it still happend.
        Last edited by kimi ga tame; 11-16-2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

@stomp: Maybe dll is not as secure as h-code, but I think it's worth to gain programming language support.
          My design goal is to let your code decide if the target process is the very game they are designed for,
          at the time when ITH attach. Also allow you to calculate the hook point dynamically,
          while providing a method to find the text when hook is hit.
          Actually I want all codes to be integrated into ITH_engine.dll, then ITH can detect every game automatically.
          H-codes is still supported so you don't have to worry about you have to learn something new.

@setsumi: Distributing text string is better than binary code. That's good idea.
          Since it doesn't have much computation power so maybe it can seldom be abused.
          But I still want to trade for flexibility for future plans. Recently there's some .NET based games released,
          I just plan to find a universal way to deal with this kind of games.

@skuludo: Bug fixed. Since this is fatal issue I have updated ITH 1.6 before new version release.

@kimi ga tame: Sorry I don't understand that situation well. Maybe you can give an example here.
          ITH currently will count the repeat and decided the most like number.
          If a sentence is like AAABBBBBBCCC, ITH finds there is 2 character repeat 2 times and one character 5 times.
          Then the sentence ITH output should be ABBC. ITH choose 2 instead of 5 as the repetition count.
          If you are talking about this issue ITH has already done it.
          Also I'm planning to rewrite the repetition suppress function. Seems it doesn't work well in many games.

@andys: I'm glad to see you like that. Currently I'm considering about method to automate thread linking.
          I think this is quite a similar topic to thread selecting. Problem is to decide thread context by its parameters.
          ITH has no knowledge about the Japanese language, it can't determine which thread is the one we want.
          But for a particular game engine, text stream order is known. I'm thinking about extending profile function
          to let user define their own rule to select/link threads.
          Last edited by kaosu; 11-17-2010, 04:01 AM.
          sigpic
          Got stuck at AGTH H-codes? Have a try of ITH, supports more game engine.
          http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208860

Comment

@kaosu: what I want to talk about this this problem of AGTH:
            - if a sentence is AAAABBBBAAAAAAAABBBB (correct sentence: ABAAB) and we use /ks4, AGTH will hook the sentence like this: ABAB.
            (the same problem occurs when we use /ks4, 6, 8, 10, 12... when the hooked characters repeat 4, 6 , 8, 10 , 12 .... times)

BTW, how can I use AGTH's existing H-Code for ITH?
            You write this in the tutorial:

Input this string right to the process list(the command line) and press enter, a new hook will be installed.
            But I can't the place in the process list (when I click process button) to add the string

Comment

I see. That's exactly what I have considered. Maybe in AGTH you should specify /KS3 for that case.
              Anyway ITH will handle this case properly, without you to input any option. It's done automatically.

Seems that expression is quite ambiguous, I have altered that.
              It's in the main window, right of the shorter drop down list. You will see process pid and name in that list.
              That is also the only place you can type characters in the main window.
              Last edited by kaosu; 11-17-2010, 06:20 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

@kaosu: Thanks for replying, I tried doing so and it worked
                At least with H-Code with simple format

BTW, it seems that the anti-repeat function hasn't been able to prevent the phrase repeating. (/kf in AGTH)
                I tested ITH with 2 games that required /kf and ITH couldn't prevent the repeat.

- キサラギ-GOLD★STAR~Moonlight serenade in autumn (Saga Planets)
                This game requires /kf. When I used ITH to hook the text from this game, the hooked sentence was endlessly repeated.
                (I 've tried messing around with options such as in-game text speed, changing delayed time and of course enabling auto prevent repeating option)

Spoiler

- 南国ドミニオン (Nangoku Dominion - SofthouseChara)
                This game requires /kf1:200.

Spoiler

And sometimes, the process explorer of ITH couldn't recognize a process (for example, Realive.exe of Natsuyume Nagisa.)
                ,TA couldn't recognize this process, either. Maybe it's because of the crack (this game needs a crack to bypass its regional check) or anything...

Spoiler

I hope these info will be useful for you

Comment

May I request an engine?
                  ITH doesn't recognize Kichiku Megane R. It's the REALLIVE.EXE as mentioned in the above post.
                  Also, do I have to use AGTH with this? AGTH doesn't work for me, and I'm hoping this will work as a substitute.
                  Thank you!
                  Last edited by Sekoro; 11-19-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

@Kaosu
                    Is it possible to unlink the linked thread?

Comment

@kimi ga tame: Since you are using Vista/7, so UAC might be the problem.
                      Please run ITH as administrator or turn of UAC.

@Sekoro: Have you attached ITH or you just can't find Reallive.exe in process dialog like kimi ga tame?
                      Reallive is supposed to be supported by default.

@errzotl80:Select _None and click Set. Link will be removed.
                      I will add a Remove All button in the next version.
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't find Reallive in the process dialogue.
                        I've checked many times and did what I could, but no luck.
                        Last edited by Sekoro; 11-24-2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Excelent program. Easy to use. good work.

Thanks,

Comment

Looks like Alicesoft changes something with its game engine in its latest game, Shamans Sanctuary. ITH was able to pick up the System40 thread in Alice 2010 and Boku dake no hokenshitsu, but not with Shamans Sanctuary. With the hcode, I had to hook onto a different dll file than the one used for the last Alicesoft games.

Comment

Got to deal with exams last days. Seems the new release wave has already come,
                              I will update ITH in a few days to made it compatible with them.
                              Also new features coming soon. You will be able to set you own rules to let ITH select/link/rename threads.

@Sekoro: I think you have to run ITH as Administrator. I always leave UAC turned off so I didn't noticed the issue.
                              In the next version ITH will yield warning message if not run as Administrator.

@ozdog: Seems they changed the module name, but leave the export function name(SP_SetTextSprite) unchanged.
                              I will switch ITH's strategy to search all modules to overcome this problem.
                              Last edited by kaosu; 12-01-2010, 05:20 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm the same way as Sekoro. I can't find my game Yosuga No Sora and Haruka No Sora in the process window either. All I see is just the ITH.exe process. I have windows XP and am the administrator.

Comment

Working...
                                X