Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Interactive Text Hooker - new text extraction tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@kimi ga tame: As always, thanks for the report.
    Seems suppress repetition is becoming a problematic feature of ITH.
    I currently focus on this issue. It will be improved in the next version.

@Naurlas:I'm sorry currently I have no plan on support for emulators.
    ITH is still not stable right now. But may consider this topic in the future, after ITH's main feature is completed.
    I'm not familiar with emulators, maybe temporary solution is to figure out H-codes then ITH/AGTH should work with that.
    sigpic
    Got stuck at AGTH H-codes? Have a try of ITH, supports more game engine.
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208860

Comment

Hi! I need help with ITH and ATLAS ^_^
      I'm playing Tomoyo After and for the translation i use ith and atlas, but for all lines i need to copy the text in the ith window and then to paste it to the atlas translator.. There are some hints to make it all automatic? I mean, the text of the game is copied to ith and immediately translated with atlas, it's possible?
      Clannad Fan <3

~Never Give Up!~

Comment

@ClannadLover: Hello. Basic setting to enable this function is to click option then check "Auto copy to clipboard".
        As people have reported this function is currently not compatible with the following
        "Auto suppress repetition". You should only check clipboard.
        If ITH receive nothing with split time then line-break is inserted and last sentence is copied to clipboard.
        Another issue is that you should run ITH and translation software(ATLAS) with same right, means if ITH
        is started with Admin right, then ATLAS also should be started with Admin right.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kaosu View Post
          @ClannadLover: Hello. Basic setting to enable this function is to click option then check "Auto copy to clipboard".
          As people have reported this function is currently not compatible with the following
          "Auto suppress repetition". You should only check clipboard.
          If ITH receive nothing with split time then line-break is inserted and last sentence is copied to clipboard.
          Another issue is that you should run ITH and translation software(ATLAS) with same right, means if ITH
          is started with Admin right, then ATLAS also should be started with Admin right.
          I don't find it @__@ Where? In atlas? in ith?
          Clannad Fan <3

~Never Give Up!~

Comment

Please use latest version of ITH.
            There are 8 buttons in the main window.
            The 5th from left is option.
            sigpic

Comment

Found Arigatou gozaimasu~ ^__^
              Clannad Fan <3

~Never Give Up!~

Comment

Hi, I'm actually quite liking this. It's working with all the games I've tested so far
                This probably isn't a function that most people need, but I'm currently learning Mandarin
                and have patched a couple of galgames with their mandarin (中文-简体) patches
                and was wondering if it would be possible to update ITH so that it can hook mandarin texts as well.
                Thanks for the tool!

Comment

berserkd: Hello. I'm glad to see you like it.
                  Add language support is not difficult but this doesn't mean it will always work well.
                  Translation patch usually modifies the game executable so original hooks may be corrupted.
                  Then special hook is needed. Maybe I will figure some general method after I finish current plan.
                  But currently I don't focus on this issue.
                  So if you are familiar to Ollydbg and hook internal, then you can find special hook yourself.
                  Otherwise it's not likely to work well then.
                  Last edited by kaosu; 01-03-2011, 06:03 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll gladly take the time to find the hook if language support is updated (==)b
                    Thanks for the reply

Comment

• Hi, I am a complete noob to VN translation, in fact, I just registered in this forum a moment ago. I am wondering if there is an instructive guide avaliable for ITH or should I just go through these links posted above.

AGTH main thread by Setx: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36807
                      AGTH tutorial by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189
                      Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401
                      Translation Aggregator by ScumSuckingPig: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395
                      VirusTotal: http://www.virustotal.com/

Help is much appreciated
                      Last edited by Phantomhive; 01-03-2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• @Phantomhive: Hi. First 3 links is about AGTH, which has dominated text extraction field for some years.
                        4th is about TA, awesome tool to translate text extract by ITH/AGTH into other languages.
                        5th is a online suspicious file/URL scan service. You can find out if ITH is recognized as malware or not by your AV.
                        In the first post I described main feature of ITH briefly.
                        At first you can only read the Basic Usage section then ITH should work for most cases.
                        Following sections are additional features you will want to make use of after you mastered basic case.
                        Since I didn't post any picture so that post is merely description rather than tutorial.
                        Please do some experiment with ITH first. I will make a help document later.
                        If you still encountered some problem feel free to ask here.
                        Last edited by kaosu; 01-04-2011, 06:23 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I figured it's worth trying to confirm but, is the reason ITH doesn't work because of my computer not meeting requirements?

When I open ITH it pops up a windows error message and shuts down, if I were to avoid clicking the windows error message I can still open things like options and whatnot, but if I were to click process/hook it gives me "unknown software exception (0xc000001d) at 0x0040cd5a"

I have no idea if it helps but I tried opening the appcompat.txt and got this:

Spoiler
                          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
                          <DATABASE>
                          <EXE NAME="ITH.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
                          <MATCHING_FILE NAME="ITH.exe" SIZE="80384" CHECKSUM="0x31216B5A" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x1557D" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="12/23/2010 01:55:34" UPTO_LINK_DATE="12/23/2010 01:55:34" />
                          </EXE>
                          <EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
                          <MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="1149952" CHECKSUM="0x8147A4AC" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x11BD83" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:47:32" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:47:32" VER_LANGUAGE="中文 (台灣) [0x404]" />
                          </EXE>
                          </DATABASE>

Comment

• I managed to get everything working! My only concern is that agth translation is pretty hard to understsand and I have difficulty understanding the plot =( (I am more of a plot-favored player). Is there any certain configuration that you guys use to make some of the translation show up more smoothly?

Comment

• kaosu
                              great program but im wondering if there is any command line access to the program similar to agth, I'm trying to adapt to ITH but without command line options i'm finding it hard to intrigrate into some programs

(ie agth.exe /HW8@439690 /pnSiglusEngine.exe ) (ITH.exe /HW8@439690 /pnSiglusEngine.exe ..etc or similar)

would this be possible to add in, or is it already added maybe i just missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hyakki View Post
                                kaosu
                                great program but im wondering if there is any command line access to the program similar to agth, I'm trying to adapt to ITH but without command line options i'm finding it hard to intrigrate into some programs

(ie agth.exe /HW8@439690 /pnSiglusEngine.exe ) (ITH.exe /HW8@439690 /pnSiglusEngine.exe ..etc or similar)

would this be possible to add in, or is it already added maybe i just missed it.
                                You can convert AGTH's code to ITH's easily by open the profile windows, choose the process (you have to choo "add profile" in process window before).
                                Click Hook in the center window, add AGTH's code and click "save". After you click "save", ITH will convert the code to ITH's format.

The /h code for Miko Sanctuary is
                                /HB18*4@0:ChipmunkSpriteEngine.dll:SP_SetTextSprite
                                After clicking save, the code will be converted to :

/HB18*4@0!74A51BFB@0!6391390E
                                Originally posted by Phantomhive
                                I managed to get everything working! My only concern is that agth translation is pretty hard to understsand and I have difficulty understanding the plot =( (I am more of a plot-favored player). Is there any certain configuration that you guys use to make some of the translation show up more smoothly?
                                You can't expect machine translation to give you a smooth translation, can you?
                                If you want to improve the meaning of the translated sentence, you should:
                                - Add custom dictionary to Atlas
                                - Use TA and its Pre-trans substitution (fhc has written a very good tutorial for this)
                                - Use TA Helper
                                - Learn more about Japanese sentence structure as well as how its words look (you will get used to it overtime).
                                - More importantly, be patient.

This is the video I capture from my computer. The game is Brighter than dawning blue.
                                Spoiler
                                Last edited by kimi ga tame; 01-05-2011, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X