Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Interactive Text Hooker - new text extraction tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides for the command line feature (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command-line_interface), is there a better way to edit a profile, for example I want to change a game path but it wont let me edit it, re-adding a game each time the path changes is a pain.

I'm thinking why not use an XML file for the profile storage, that way its editable and expandable, can hold large amounts of data with really fast loading

<ITH Version="2.0">
    <Game name="十次元立方体サイファー~蒼き月の水底~">
    <PathExe>D:\Abelsoftware\十次元立方体サイファー~蒼き月の水底~\moon. exe</PathExe>
    <HOOK1>/HW8@439690</HOOK1>
    <HOOK2></HOOK2>
    <Comment>http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=88821</Comment>
    ..etc
    Last edited by hyakki; 01-06-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• Excellent work Kaosu... using the ITH together with TA, I can finally play some of the games that have been sitting on the hard drive for a while.

I have noticed one issue that I do not know how to overcome using ITH...It is the same issue with the G.J? and OLE-M games (I do not have games from other studios). Any suggestions? Please refer to descriptions and screenshots below.

A. OK
      In general, the extraction of the text works well.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	General.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	4842202

B. Issues
      1. Character's name is repeated, but the "spoken" sentence remains intact and not repeated.

Name:	Repeat of Char Name.jpg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	4842203

2. "Spoken" sentence is repeated, with character's name inserted between the "spoken" sentence.

Name:	Repeat Phrase and Char Name.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	4842204

Comment

• @kaosu

A very interesting project. Is it better than agth? Does it work with every game that agth works with?

I'd like to see a non-visual interface to ITH. Ideally, I need a DLL with some control code to place hooks/etc and a function which takes a callback to push extracted text to.

Comment

• Originally posted by WagonConvertible View Post
          B. Issues
          1. Character's name is repeated, but the "spoken" sentence remains intact and not repeated.
          [ATTACH]183750[/ATTACH]

2. "Spoken" sentence is repeated, with character's name inserted between the "spoken" sentence.
          [ATTACH]183751[/ATTACH]
          I did encounter those when using agth and the only fix was to enable TAHelper plugin with regexp replacing.
          Basically, I believe such bugs cannot be fixed on program level. Like, program should know what to replace and it does not know originally that speaker name is duplicated... it doesn't know even what is 'speaker name'.
          You'd have to manually teach the program about every little game quirks and that's just not possible.
          The only way is to add replace function with full regexp support for ITH so everyone could 'change' captured text the way they need it.

Returning to my problems...
          1. Bumped into a game that isn't playing with ITH.
          汁だく接待 ~おかわり一杯目 (Shirudaku Settai Okawari 1) and okawari 2 probably too.
          The problem happens only when they are installed as addon to original game's folder.
          When ITH is attached, a lot of sounds aren't playing. The game's log says something like 'cannot create audio thread' and that's all.
          If I get some free time, I'll try to debug them and see where the problem lies.
          2. linked threads, and request/question.
          Playing Beat Blades Haruka, there's like 5-6 System40 threads.
          A) I saved a profile with threads and links, but the threads aren't appearing in fixed order and if my 'global' system40 thread doesn't exist then other threads won't send text anywhere. Creating link to console thread would work in this case but this link does not get restored on profile load.
          B) When restoring profile and recreating links, linked threads aren't marked with '-' on the end.
          C) as a feature request - something like /ns switch in agth would be nice. (Just to be sure - I really mean /ns, which combines threads with common address). It isn't really needed as long as there's linking feature but imagine a game with 50-100 subcontext threads... (I didn't see one though so it's just a speculation)
          Last edited by Andys; 01-08-2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Hi, I've used the other two text-hookers (OAGT and AGTH) on hongfire for years and I am very impressed with this one. Everything is automatic and easy to use. There are a lot of settings but unlike AGTH they are all hidden under the hood and not necessary most of the time.

I am playing my current favourite game using Atlas 14 (Saishuu Chikan Densha 3). Because I have lost my Atlas dictionary of ero words I am playing with Atlas and using google translate to fill in the gaps and update Atlas.

What I've noticed is that compared to google, Atlas struggles with sentences enclosed in quotes or brackets. The correct words are all there but it loses the sense and the sentence becomes garbled.

Try it yourself: translate a game sentence in Atlas with those strange square Japanese quote marks - the ones that look a bit like [ and ] then edit them out in Atlas's Clipboard Translation box and re-translate, you'll notice that the English is much clearer.

This isn't a problem with ITH as such, but a failing in Atlas.
            However, what I'm wondering is could you include as an option in ITH to strip the brackets and quote marks before they are copied to the clipboard. This would make my life a hell of a lot easier as I am constantly deleting quote marks to try and make sense of the text.

TIA and sorry for the long post.

Comment

• Originally posted by gizzalucy View Post
              What I've noticed is that compared to google, Atlas struggles with sentences enclosed in quotes or brackets. The correct words are all there but it loses the sense and the sentence becomes garbled.

Try it yourself: translate a game sentence in Atlas with those strange square Japanese quote marks - the ones that look a bit like [ and ] then edit them out in Atlas's Clipboard Translation box and re-translate, you'll notice that the English is much clearer.

This isn't a problem with ITH as such, but a failing in Atlas.
              However, what I'm wondering is could you include as an option in ITH to strip the brackets and quote marks before they are copied to the clipboard. This would make my life a hell of a lot easier as I am constantly deleting quote marks to try and make sense of the text.

TIA and sorry for the long post.
              I'd suggest using Translator Aggregator. There's an extra configuration setup for Atlas that allows Atlas to ignore the quotation mark, bracket, etc. Do a search in this forum, and you should find the official thread for TA.

Comment

• hello i play 恋と選挙とチョコレート from sprite. with ITH attached to it.
                eventhough ITH initialized succesfully but the text wont come out..
                here's the screenshot
                Spoiler

can someone enlighten me?

Comment

• I've got a problem with VenusBlood Empire.
                  Even when I set the ingame text display option to nowait the text gets caught by ITH character by character.
                  If I auto copy it only sends the last character of the line.

Comment

• Finally I finished all exams of this term and come back home.
                    I should have some free time and continue to work on ITH...

@hyakki: At first I think CLI is quite confusing to common user,
                    so I made a GUI and make it as automatic as possible.
                    Currently I haven't implemented any programming interface yet.
                    If you want to communicate with ITH we can discuss it in detain then.
                    About the profile file, I've considered a plain text representation,
                    but not always XML. I want to design a simple one that is not too
                    complicated and easy to code.

@WagonConvertible: In that case you will want to find special option
                    (h-code) to specify a better hook.

@ChiiTrans: I'm not sure but ITH is likely to work in most cases, including
                    those need h-code. Actually ITH.dll is doing quite similar things you want.
                    After DLL injection, ITH main process communicates with ITH.dll through
                    named pipe. For every target process ITH will create 2 pipes to ensure
                    duplex communication. If you want to make use of ITH.dll or make your
                    own DLL, pipe.cpp in ITH and ITH_DLL project might be interesting.

@Andy: 1. That's really odd phenomenon. I didn't think that inject DLL may
                    temper with system routines that is not hooked. If you can help debug
                    this case it will be great help. Please first see if there's any exception raised
                    in ITH code.
                    2. A) Didn't think of this case may come up a solution soon.
                    B) Actually the hyphen is used to indicate comment.
                    So if there's no comment of that thread then hyphen is not to be showed.
                    C) If you didn't like the split parameter and want to merge them into one,
                    you can go to hook dialog and uncheck split then modify the hook.

@gizzalucy: As ozdog says, TA and TAHelper are great tools to help you do that.
                    Refer to links in the first post if you don't know TA.

@AnggaIzEMY: You may want to specify h-code to insert additional hook.

@Empty: Have you gone all thread that ITH caught? I remember that VB series
                    should generate many threads(50+), please go through them and see if there
                    is one catching text you want.
                    Last edited by kaosu; 01-17-2011, 09:33 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Got stuck at AGTH H-codes? Have a try of ITH, supports more game engine.
                    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208860

Comment

• @Ozdog and @kasou Thanks for the suggestion, I've been using TA for a few days now with excellent results. The Jedict output is especially helpful in updating Atlas's dictionary as you get the 'raw' kanji. Its helping with my Japanese as well!
                      I just wish they'd 'prettify' the interface, its ugly as hell.

Comment

• I can't use this code with ITH
                        Code:
                        /HW4@0:msvcp80.dll:?push_back@?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@QAEXG@Z
                        . It's too long for the text field.
                        AGTH wiki

Comment

• @Stomp: Seems the buffer is too small(currently 128).
                          Will Fix this issue in next version.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Attachments seem to be dead since the Database Rollback.

Comment

• Yeah site is fubar at the moment, lost a month's worth of posts.
                              Latest beta attached until kaosu gets back.
                              Last edited by gizzalucy; 02-23-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Seems hongfire forum is greatly damaged by Mothra and we have lost too many posts.
                                Even Godzilla can't bring back the lost one month data... Then let's do the work again.

ITH2.1 is uploaded and links fixed. Also the ITH64 test version.
                                Currently only 初恋サクラメント has a 64-bit executable.
                                Use /HA-40:-20@4e050:cmvs64.exe to insert UserHook to extract all text.
                                Profile is not ready now.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by kaosu; 02-22-2011, 04:12 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X