Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Interactive Text Hooker - new text extraction tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you add tutorial about How to use ITH step by step in first page with picture ........

Comment

• I have googled some out. Refer to the first post.
      Maybe in the future I will compose a complete guide when I have some free time...
      sigpic
      Got stuck at AGTH H-codes? Have a try of ITH, supports more game engine.
      http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208860

Comment

• I would have some suggestions to radically simplify the layout, which is mainly about hiding stuff which most normal users never will touch. Not sure how much you want to mess around with GUI changes though.

Comment

• When I try to compile v2.0 or v2.1 using Visual Studio 2010, it says that I'm missing "afxres.h". Can I get that file from somewhere?

Comment

• Seems that's a bug long before. Some VC edition doesn't contain ATL/MFC headers.
            A quick solution is to get a full version of VC.
            ITH doesn't rely on ATL/MFC classes so another solution is as follow
            First open the resource file as code view, find #include "afxres.h"
            Then change it to <winresrc.h>
            If VC still complain about IDC_STATIC not defined,
            add one sentence before that: #define IDC_STATIC (-1)

This method works assuming you have installed Windows SDK.
            Last edited by kaosu; 02-23-2011, 07:22 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• I want to complete my tutorial (the English one, it's my...err our blog)
              can you give me some explanation about the multi /h code function? coz till now, I haven't found any games that need more than one /h code

and also the other function too ^^

lastly, I just want to say GOOD JOB for your ITH
              I never found any problem with extracting now...
              really... thx

Comment

• @levantino: Thank you for the tutorial.
                Actually I think multiple hook feature is meaningful to h-coders only.
                Usually it's useful when you are searching a good hook after you already find one.
                Also it may become a solution for special text extraction need in some very rare case.
                If you are interesting in the internal mechanism we can discuss it in detail.
                But it may be confusing for someone who has no programming background.
                For common users, only need to follow h-coders instruction if someday a multiple-hook solution is come up.
                sigpic

Comment

• ah, then I think I'll pass >.<
                  coz I don't have any programming skills.
                  but I'm interested with your statement here:
                  Originally posted by kaosu View Post
                  Usually it's useful when you are searching a good hook after you already find one.
                  /h coders only?
                  or common people can try to find a better hook code too?

Comment

• @levantino: I think at least you need to have some basic knowledge about hooks.
                    If you can write down a code, not necessary a perfect one, after watching Freaka's video then that's enough.
                    Because this feature enables you to insert other hooks and compare their output result against the original one's,
                    or insert a mass of hooks to just guess a correct one, while the game is running.
                    By the way, I have considered some mechanism to further reduce difficulty of h-code hunting.
                    A debug helper feature has been taken into future plan.
                    If this feature is implemented I think more people can join the h-coder group to contribute to the community
                    sigpic

Comment

• I already tried to put some /h code into a game, and I find that the /h code you guys found are better

and about your new mechanism, I think it's great one dude

the debug helper is what me...err... we need

Comment

• Just curious, ITH has been great so as one of the last differences between this and AGTH, is it a currently known bug that is effecting especially long specialized h-codes not working in ITH yet whereas the more "normal" length h-codes do?

Stuff like /HA-C:40@0:GDI32.dll:GetTextMetricsA /KS7 /w00432DBF:141414FF

Ah, nevermind, just went back and looked through the last couple of days of the thread since I last read up, looks like the issue of the text field currently being too short for ultra-long codes has already come up
                        Last edited by RavenGenobreaker; 03-05-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Hmm i tried this program, and my 1st impression was really good!! But it seems i need some knowledge to use it...

I'm using it with Tropical Kiss, and the text is never complete: sometimes some characters are missing, or the half end is missing... I tried to change all values in the options, but i cannot have a full text captured

Comment

• also didnt work

ITH also didnt work for shin koihime musou same as the agth most of the text are not extrected is there any way to fix this i really wanted to play shin koihime musou

Comment

• Originally posted by Fatebuster View Post
                              ITH also didnt work for shin koihime musou same as the agth most of the text are not extrected is there any way to fix this i really wanted to play shin koihime musou
                              I'm having the same problem as this him, in Shin Koihime Musou, strangely though I managed to get it to work with ITH once, but after that it stopped working.
                              I noticed the problem is that after adding the Hook, it wont get added to the list in the main pulldown for the text extractor.
                              Attached an image of the profile, it should be correct yet it doesnt seem to be working.

Any ideas?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• @RavenGenobreaker: The issue is fixed. I want to make it clear that you only need to input H-code.
                                This means that other options like KF/KS/X?/W will not work. ITH will only parse the /H part.

@calsensei: The game might need a H-code. If you would like to request it please also post a download link to a work version.

@Fatebuster & ShoujoEater: I installed Shin Koihime and tried /HS4@4F7730. Works well on my machine.
                                Please post more detail information, like ConsoleOutput logs and other operations you performed so I can further diagnose this case.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X