Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH + TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR ILLUSTRATED GUIDE

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH + TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR ILLUSTRATED GUIDE

Updated 15-September-2010

This is my "ultimate" guide about AGTH and Translator Aggregator + TAHelper and TAHplugin

Everything that you need to know to play japanese games in english is provided in the guides below.

Do not request for help by private message. If you need help, post your question in this thread.

I created this thread to help all beginner.

Pay attention: before to post any question, you need to read first ALL GUIDES.

You need to read the guides in this sequence. Do not try to read it in a different sequence:

All guides are FULL of screenshots.

1- AGTH GUIDE.rar ( the begin - You need to dominate the usage of AGTH before to try to use Translator Aggregator )

2- TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR GUIDE.rar ( after to read "1- AGTH GUIDE.rar" entire, you can read this one )

3- TAHelper Guide.rar ( after to read "2- TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR GUIDE.rar" entire, you can read this one )

4- TAHplugin GUIDE.rar ( after to read "3- TAHelper Guide.rar" entire, you can read this one )

5- names list.rar ( after to read "4- TAHplugin GUIDE.rar " entire, you will understand the usage of this one )

I will update "5- names list.rar" periodically.

To improve ATLAS translation, is good to use this dictionary (link)

If you need a List of /h codes try this (link) or this (link) or this (link)

If you want to download the latest AGTH version, download the file 6- AGTH LATEST VERSION.rar . The actual latest version is v2008.11.20 .

REMEMBER: If you want to use ATLAS V14, you need to install the Trial version of ATLAS V14 and immediately to apply the CRACK BEFORE to run ATLAS V14 the first time. If you run ATLAS V14 first and apply the crack after it, the crack not work anymore.

The crack is inside a file named "ATLCHECK.zip" and this exist inside of my guide "1- AGTH GUIDE.rar"

IMPORTANT: Not use AppLocale. If you like Japanese Games you need a Unicode with Japanese System. If you use AppLocale, not request for help or support to fhc. fhc HATE AppLocale. I never will help you If you are using AppLocale.
    I will teach for you how to make your windows become a "Japanese Windows". Is easy.
    1- Set Your Unicode to Japanese. Read my guide in this link (link1) or these mirrors, If link1 is offline today (link2) or (link3) or (link4)
    2- Some games need also to change your regional defaults. If you begin to play a game, and the game cannot run, or run with errors or If the game crashs, try to change your regional defaults that FOR SURE will fix your trouble. Read my guide in this link (link1) or these mirrors, If link1 is offline today (link2) or (link3) or (link4)
    3- Recently, Kaosu created a new tool immeasurably better than AGTH. Is the Legendary ITH (link) Kaosu already created a basic guide of ITH. If you already read my AGTH guides, you will notice that ITH is more easy to use. And ITH is 100% compatible with Translator Aggregator.
    I not created a guide about ITH because is unnecessary. READ MY GUIDES about AGTH and Translator Aggregator. Done. If you mastered the usage of AGTH, will be easy for you to handle ITH.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HongFire; 05-30-2012, 06:21 AM.

• Just how good does AGTH translate games? Good or bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by GenerationKamenRider View Post
      Just how good does AGTH translate games? Good or bad?
      AGTH doesn't do the translation. It's Atlas that does the translation. As for the quality, it varies. Obviously, the less formal the original Japanese sentences are, the less understandable the translation will be.

Comment

• I just installed ChuxChu Paradise. and apparently unlike ChuxChu Idol which doesn't need an /h code, the fandisk, ChuxChu Paradise doesn't seem to work with AGTH. Does anyone know of the /h code for the ChuxChu Paradise game? That would be really helpful.

Comment

• After month of playing i don't know why the combo agth/atlas has stop working. Now everytime that I start a game it only appears the agth window and the game doesn't even start (i have tried with all the games that worked with it before). I have reinstalled agth and atlas but it's always the same, it's a problem with my pc or with the programs?

ps:sorry if my english is bad.

Comment

• Try this (courtesy of mastress):
            * I had an issue before where suddenly AGTH no longer worked with any of my game shortcuts, even though it had worked before previously with no problem. After clicking a game shortcut, AGTH would load, but the game would not load. After going into the Windows registry (Start > Run > regedit) I searched for "agth" and deleted all instances. After that, everything started working again great.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssj4815 View Post
              Try this (courtesy of mastress):
              I have already tried that, and it didn't work, anyway thanks for trying to help.

Comment

• I got a question why wont some of my game let me change the target on properties?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rice763 View Post
                  I got a question why wont some of my game let me change the target on properties?
                  Unless you're trying to change things on the actual exe file, if you're making the changes in the shortcut's property page, you should be able to change things in the target line.

Comment

• I've on occasion come across this with some games that create its own desktop shortcut during the install, and that shortcut won't be editable. In cases like that, just ditch that shortcut, and manually make it again yourself. Then you'll be able to edit the path.

Comment

• Does anyone have a better description on how to use the suppress repetition of phrases in AGTH? I'm trying to play Prima Stella and while what is comming out is usable it would be nice if I could reduce the repition?

tc

Comment

• ok i see now thanks for the help

Comment

• Originally posted by tcowher1 View Post
                          Does anyone have a better description on how to use the suppress repetition of phrases in AGTH? I'm trying to play Prima Stella and while what is comming out is usable it would be nice if I could reduce the repition?

tc
                          Setx explained it once somewhere in the official agth thread, but it was too technical for me. FWIW, just the simple /KF or /KF1:200 works well in many cases.

Comment

• my atlas worked fine 'tll i reinstalled it....it has expired...could anyone help me

Comment

• Originally posted by hutchsakurazaki View Post
                              my atlas worked fine 'tll i reinstalled it....it has expired...could anyone help me
                              Just roll back the system clock to a point where you can install atlas, then apply the crack afterward, and you should be fine when you adjust the clock back to the current time and date.

Comment

• I've started to "fix" atlas dictionary..

But now I got stuck on this:

Code:
                                朝10時
                                昼12時
                                昼3時
                                夕方5時
                                夜7時
                                夜8時
                                夜9時
                                Going on by only fhc's Dictionary files it gives me
                                10 AM
                                12 o'clock of daytime
                                Three o'clock of daytime
                                Five o'clock of evening
                                7 o'clock of night
                                8 PM
                                9 PM
                                Using the default "THESIS" (or anyother for that matter) Produces:
                                10 AM
                                12 o'clock of daytime
                                Three o'clock of daytime
                                Five o'clock of evening
                                7 PM
                                8 PM
                                9 PM
                                Actually, before it gave me a 10'oclock in the morning, but I removed the priorities over morning and that fixed it..

I thought I only had to add something on the afternoon part to convert it to PM
                                But since fhc dic's screw up the 7PM something amiss..

Anyone got a idea how to make it work?

Btw, I want it to all times be in AM/PM time

Comment

Working...
                                X