Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH + TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR ILLUSTRATED GUIDE

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGTH + TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR ILLUSTRATED GUIDE

Updated 15-September-2010

This is my "ultimate" guide about AGTH and Translator Aggregator + TAHelper and TAHplugin

Everything that you need to know to play japanese games in english is provided in the guides below.

Do not request for help by private message. If you need help, post your question in this thread.

I created this thread to help all beginner.

Pay attention: before to post any question, you need to read first ALL GUIDES.

You need to read the guides in this sequence. Do not try to read it in a different sequence:

All guides are FULL of screenshots.

1- AGTH GUIDE.rar ( the begin - You need to dominate the usage of AGTH before to try to use Translator Aggregator )

2- TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR GUIDE.rar ( after to read "1- AGTH GUIDE.rar" entire, you can read this one )

3- TAHelper Guide.rar ( after to read "2- TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR GUIDE.rar" entire, you can read this one )

4- TAHplugin GUIDE.rar ( after to read "3- TAHelper Guide.rar" entire, you can read this one )

5- names list.rar ( after to read "4- TAHplugin GUIDE.rar " entire, you will understand the usage of this one )

I will update "5- names list.rar" periodically.

To improve ATLAS translation, is good to use this dictionary (link)

If you need a List of /h codes try this (link) or this (link) or this (link)

If you want to download the latest AGTH version, download the file 6- AGTH LATEST VERSION.rar . The actual latest version is v2008.11.20 .

REMEMBER: If you want to use ATLAS V14, you need to install the Trial version of ATLAS V14 and immediately to apply the CRACK BEFORE to run ATLAS V14 the first time. If you run ATLAS V14 first and apply the crack after it, the crack not work anymore.

The crack is inside a file named "ATLCHECK.zip" and this exist inside of my guide "1- AGTH GUIDE.rar"

IMPORTANT: Not use AppLocale. If you like Japanese Games you need a Unicode with Japanese System. If you use AppLocale, not request for help or support to fhc. fhc HATE AppLocale. I never will help you If you are using AppLocale.
    I will teach for you how to make your windows become a "Japanese Windows". Is easy.
    1- Set Your Unicode to Japanese. Read my guide in this link (link1) or these mirrors, If link1 is offline today (link2) or (link3) or (link4)
    2- Some games need also to change your regional defaults. If you begin to play a game, and the game cannot run, or run with errors or If the game crashs, try to change your regional defaults that FOR SURE will fix your trouble. Read my guide in this link (link1) or these mirrors, If link1 is offline today (link2) or (link3) or (link4)
    3- Recently, Kaosu created a new tool immeasurably better than AGTH. Is the Legendary ITH (link) Kaosu already created a basic guide of ITH. If you already read my AGTH guides, you will notice that ITH is more easy to use. And ITH is 100% compatible with Translator Aggregator.
    I not created a guide about ITH because is unnecessary. READ MY GUIDES about AGTH and Translator Aggregator. Done. If you mastered the usage of AGTH, will be easy for you to handle ITH.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HongFire; 05-30-2012, 06:21 AM.

This may be a little advanced for most, but I was wondering if anyone knew of the best way to add Interjections and Expressions to the Atlas dictionary? You know, stuff like "huh?" "eh?" "say what?" "splendid!" and of course, a lot of the curses ("****", "damnit", "bastard", etc.)

I've tried to add them as nouns but that doesn't work because then the translator does stuff like "the eh" or "the splendid". While I can still get to understand it after some double checking, I was again just wondering if anyone's found a good way to do this.

Thank you.

Comment

Error Dialogue Box

I have followed all the instructions perfectly and to the letter, but when I attempt to start Atlas I get a dialogue box in Japanese which Atlas translates as "State one DVD."

The game iso is loaded in Daemon, I have no idea what it's talking about.

Comment

hmm is the game you talking about needed a noDVD patch
        BTW can any1 upload an atlasV14 quickatlas icon i used one for v11 and it crashes at times <_< ohh wait not sure yet but let me check on some more things as it might be really unstable or just something to do with my registry being messed up hmm its approved that there seems to be compatibility issues with quick atlasv11 and quickatlasv14 <_< and i still like v11 more as it can translate encrypted jap texts on IRC Y_Y but i like the translation of v14 more to that <_< i would still like to prove if any1 getting else the crashes would be avoided if you play the game first then load quick atlas and let the game hook it copy paste it to quickatlas translate it then put a checkmark translate copied clipboard...
        Last edited by Algester; 12-26-2007, 02:43 AM.
        My Requests(recently updated) , Bishoujo Games Monthly Releases (still without doujins)
        "I am a latent masochist, please rule over me, Mistress"-Croah Vartel[/center]

Comment

ok ive been browsing threads and trying out options for around 1½ hours now... but cant find what is wrong.. when i play my H-game (sexfriend) and use AGTH and atlas all 3 of them in window mode.. then it translate it fine.. but AGHT dosent put it into atlas automaticly.. i have to click the AGTH window were the text is for atlas to see it.. i dunno why..

it dosent really sound like focus stealing.. rather the opposite maybe ? that atlas is Unfocused on AGTH....

and it isnt the "auto clipboard translation" because that is on...

hope someone can help me plz or direct me in the right direction because its really annoying i have to click out of the game loose sound and click in the AGTH window to get it translatet every 2 sec..

Comment

It sounds like you haven't the agth clipboard copy parameter enabled (either through starting agth with /c or checking the box in the agth option menu)

Comment

didnt help putting /c in the start.. now it starts with "auto send to clipboard after:" but still same.. i have to click beside my game screen like in AGTH window/atlas window/start bar, in short enywere else then the game window.. i also applied (after i encountered this problem) the "Focus Steal Fix" .exe file that has been posten somewere here on this forum.. but did nothing..

Comment

Focus stealing is only about a graphical behavoir, it shouldn't have any influence on whether or not the translation itself is performed. I have to say that i don't still understand the problem. You say if you click inside the game window no translation will be performed, but if you click somewhere else it is suddenly done? Sounds very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaka View Post
                  Focus stealing is only about a graphical behavoir, it shouldn't have any influence on whether or not the translation itself is performed. I have to say that i don't still understand the problem. You say if you click inside the game window no translation will be performed, but if you click somewhere else it is suddenly done? Sounds very odd.
                  ok i took 3 pic to show what i mean ( since i dunno how to record videos of my Desktop)

Pic 1 out of 3:
                  Shows after i startet game and as it should, copies game text into AGTH,, but not on from AGTH into atlas...

Pic 2 out of 3:
                  Shows after i click the AGTH window ( or anywere else on the screen beside the game window) and THEN it shows up in atlas clipboard

Pic 3 out of 3:
                  All my options that i have on at that time ( i have tried with everything on off some on.. some off... but same result..)..

plz help if you can :/
                  Attached Files

Comment

Alright.. that looks indeed odd, never heard of that, but then again i'm not really a long term agth user. Either way lets try to figure out if the problem is agth or atlas: WinXP (other versions as well i think) come with a clipboard viewer, c:\winxp\system32\clipbrd.exe Try to run that and see whether it get's copied into the clipboard and atlas doesn't grab it or nothing gets pushed into the clipboard until you switch focus.

Comment

yep that works like it should. agth copies ingame text and windows clipboard takes it from agth..

so the problem is in Atlas then?... i have already tried re-installing atlas v14 with all pathces and so ( that you youreself have a link to in your signature freak )

so what is the problem >.< ??
                      Last edited by Ulkan; 01-11-2008, 07:01 AM.

Comment

In doubt you should try to run Atlas without any patches, I don't really have an idea why Atlas ignores the clipboard changes if the focus is on that game.

Edit: Also try to uninstall V14 and install V13: http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/TRN...SV13ETrial.exe and see if that helps

Edit2: Coincidentally I just ran into a game that had seems to have the same problem. What did fix it for me was to set the process priority of the game.exe with the taskmanager to below normal. The problem was that the game ran at 100% cpu consumption and there wasn't enough left to Atlas to do it's translation.
                        Last edited by Freaka; 01-11-2008, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Put priority to under normal... That did it, it works perfectly now! thx a bunch freaka, rep added for excessive help

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkan View Post
                            Put priority to under normal... That did it, it works perfectly now! thx a bunch freaka, rep added for excessive help
                            Thank you One last thing, my game seemed to reset the priority from time to time, in that case just set Atlas priority higher then normal.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the nice tutorial and tools!

I'm wondering about two things. First off, does anyone know if AGTH will work normally if using it on a game that is created using RPGMaker XP?

And secondly, for some reason Atlas won't run for me when switching the region mode to Japanese. It works fine when using it in English.

I get this message when trying to run it in Japanese mode:
                              "Initialization of Atlas failed. The following is a probable cause.

1) If a user dictionary on a network is shared with ATLAS on other computers, when one of the computers sets the dictionary as a changeable directory, ATLAS which starts later will fail to initialize.

2) The dictionary file of the user dictionary is write protected.
                              Please uncheck the write protect property.

3) Not enough memory to start ATLAS.
                              Please quit other applications to increase available memory."

Now, I've tried closing programs etc (using same amount as I do when in English mode), but it doesn't work. Again, I never have any problems in English mode, only when switching to Japanese.

The problem is that I've been wanting to try this on a RPGMaker made game, but the game won't show any text in English mode (not even when using Applocale), but it shows up in Japanese mode. But then of course, ATLAS won't work for me in Japanese mode... argh.

Thanks for any help!

Comment

It wouldn't really tackle the core of your problem, but you could try to run ATLAS using applocale in english mode while running your OS in japanese mode. I have to say though my ATLAS (V14) doesn't seem to recognize japanese characters correctly if I run it in english mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X