Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

AGTH + TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR ILLUSTRATED GUIDE

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fhc
    started a topic AGTH + TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR ILLUSTRATED GUIDE

AGTH + TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR ILLUSTRATED GUIDE

Updated 15-September-2010

This is my "ultimate" guide about AGTH and Translator Aggregator + TAHelper and TAHplugin

Everything that you need to know to play japanese games in english is provided in the guides below.

Do not request for help by private message. If you need help, post your question in this thread.

I created this thread to help all beginner.

Pay attention: before to post any question, you need to read first ALL GUIDES.

You need to read the guides in this sequence. Do not try to read it in a different sequence:

All guides are FULL of screenshots.

1- AGTH GUIDE.rar ( the begin - You need to dominate the usage of AGTH before to try to use Translator Aggregator )

2- TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR GUIDE.rar ( after to read "1- AGTH GUIDE.rar" entire, you can read this one )

3- TAHelper Guide.rar ( after to read "2- TRANSLATOR AGGREGATOR GUIDE.rar" entire, you can read this one )

4- TAHplugin GUIDE.rar ( after to read "3- TAHelper Guide.rar" entire, you can read this one )

5- names list.rar ( after to read "4- TAHplugin GUIDE.rar " entire, you will understand the usage of this one )

I will update "5- names list.rar" periodically.

To improve ATLAS translation, is good to use this dictionary (link)

If you need a List of /h codes try this (link) or this (link) or this (link)

If you want to download the latest AGTH version, download the file 6- AGTH LATEST VERSION.rar . The actual latest version is v2008.11.20 .

REMEMBER: If you want to use ATLAS V14, you need to install the Trial version of ATLAS V14 and immediately to apply the CRACK BEFORE to run ATLAS V14 the first time. If you run ATLAS V14 first and apply the crack after it, the crack not work anymore.

The crack is inside a file named "ATLCHECK.zip" and this exist inside of my guide "1- AGTH GUIDE.rar"

IMPORTANT: Not use AppLocale. If you like Japanese Games you need a Unicode with Japanese System. If you use AppLocale, not request for help or support to fhc. fhc HATE AppLocale. I never will help you If you are using AppLocale.
    I will teach for you how to make your windows become a "Japanese Windows". Is easy.
    1- Set Your Unicode to Japanese. Read my guide in this link (link1) or these mirrors, If link1 is offline today (link2) or (link3) or (link4)
    2- Some games need also to change your regional defaults. If you begin to play a game, and the game cannot run, or run with errors or If the game crashs, try to change your regional defaults that FOR SURE will fix your trouble. Read my guide in this link (link1) or these mirrors, If link1 is offline today (link2) or (link3) or (link4)
    3- Recently, Kaosu created a new tool immeasurably better than AGTH. Is the Legendary ITH (link) Kaosu already created a basic guide of ITH. If you already read my AGTH guides, you will notice that ITH is more easy to use. And ITH is 100% compatible with Translator Aggregator.
    I not created a guide about ITH because is unnecessary. READ MY GUIDES about AGTH and Translator Aggregator. Done. If you mastered the usage of AGTH, will be easy for you to handle ITH.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HongFire; 05-30-2012, 06:21 AM.

• abadguy87
    replied
    where is 1 - AGTH guide? there is no link

Leave a comment:

• executaball
    replied
    Definitely a good addition. Here's hoping translation software will one day be easy to use.

Leave a comment:

• Kukukuku
    replied
    Where is the AGTH guide? Doesn't appear amongst the downloads.

Leave a comment:

• AlexusWWII
    replied
    Hi, I truly need help here

whn I play game, i tried to add new name then suddenly atlas crash and gives me this message:

"Initialization of Atlas failed. The following is a probable cause.

1) If a user dictionary on a network is shared with ATLAS on other computers, when one of the computers sets the dictionary as a changeable directory, ATLAS which starts later will fail to initialize.

2) The dictionary file of the user dictionary is write protected.
    Please uncheck the write protect property.

3) Not enough memory to start ATLAS.
    Please quit other applications to increase available memory."

I already tried everything install and uninstall but cant getrid of the problem. my syst locale is set to jp and my window is 8.1.

Please please help me I already beyond desperate here.

edit: for whatever reason deleting rbkdll.dll fix the problem I guess if anyone have the same problem just delete some stuff in the folder?
    Last edited by AlexusWWII; 12-31-2014, 01:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kyuubi43
    replied
    Where is the first guide?

Leave a comment:

• spoxxy
    replied
    Originally posted by ingrams View Post
    so where can i find download links ?...
    Try this guide http://amaenboda.wordpress.com/2012/...o-using-atlas/

Leave a comment:

• ingrams
    replied
    so where can i find download links ?...

Leave a comment:

• Unbekannt
    replied
    I have a problem with the translation aggregator.i tried to use it with the help of the guide.At the point when i run the translation aggregator exe the guide tells me that a red arrow should be visible(See red arrow with a number below ? Click "1" to enable a dictionary and click "2" to close it. Always close the dictionaries that not work.)...but i don´t see one and the picture in the guide doesn´t appear on my computer...what should i do now?(oh and should it be neccesary to know..i use the prohramm on windows 7)

Leave a comment:

• TheUnseen
    replied
    Hint to a Visual Novel Reader Bug

After trying 10 games and more I just found one that crashes when started using the "Visual Novel Reader" game library - if you try to change the game to full screen mode.

Of course the solution was insanely simply:
    Start it using the shortcut or executable (after starting "Visual Novel Reader") - and not the "Visual Novel Reader" game library.
    Note: I also used AppLocale to run the visual novel with Japanese locale settings - since I'm not fond of restarting my OS just to change the language/locale to Japanese/japan for only one program. If you download AppLocale (it's from Microsoft) the "Visual Novel Reader" will use that version, if not if will ask you to download it in the settings (again - 1 button).

As the "Visual Novel Reader" detects the games (if you start them after starting "Visual Novel Reader") and downloads the proper configurations (such as font type, your timezone, ...) automatically - you actually don't need to configure anything besides your favorite dictionaries, you can edit it manually though or change the configuration.

(Such a useful program indeed)

Leave a comment:

• TheUnseen
    replied
    The solution for all visual novel translations... And it's free for every OS

I just found THE program which solves ALL translation problems - and it's free:

"Visual Novel Reader"

Just google "download Visual Novel Reader" and you can use the first link (tutorials, download, everything on one wiki page).
    It is compiled and ready to download for nearly every OS (Windows & Linux).

This program uses an in-game pop-up system which even gives direct program access. No minimizing, no focus problem.
    It also uses free dictionaries which it downloads with 1 click - already configured - just select the languages you like.
    AND it can add nearly every known translation software (engine) such as "Atlas" & co. (in the settings menu)

Just watch the youtube video and be happy

As a programmer I was wondering why nobody wrote a tool that does exactly that - translation by OCR, and DirectX overlay interface. Almost started writing one myself, glad somebody already did just that

Btw - It's ALSO an awesome solution if you just want to add furigana to the kanji - for those who already speak Japanese but can't find the time to learn 5000 kanji+ (such as myself). Just deactivate the translation function through banning all languages.
    Of course - with a simple mouse hover over the translation bubble it also displays all information about the kanji and even the whole word (just as a dictionary): meaning, examples, strokes, ...

Since it can also use Atlas (which does a very good job translating) besides all other free Japanese dictionaries (such as EDICT (which is really awesome)) it provides a nearly perfectly translated visual novel even for non-Japanese readers.
    In short - I cannot fathom ever using anything else ever again (which is paradox, given the software is only an interface XD).

Have fun guys ^^

"A little knowledge is dangerous. So is a lot." Albert Einstein

Leave a comment:

• TheUnseen
    replied
    Solution for all Microsoft Windows versions (XP and newer), CPU architecture is irrelevant (doesn't matter if 32 or 64-bit):

The window-focus (Z-order top position) can be set with various tools.
    This functions is often called "always on top". You may know it from video players.
    "Always on top" forces the window / GUI to always be visible, no matter which other window / GUI is opened afterwards.
    Note that some visual novels usually start as "always on top".
    If a program starts and is set to be "always on top" even though an already running program is already set to be "always on top" the newest / latest window gets called on top.
    But of course, only "always on top" windows can supersede other "always on top" windows, i.e. overshadow them.

One of such tools that provides the "always on top" function is "WinSplit Revolution" - it's freeware and easy to download (just google it).

To use the "always on top" function from "WinSplit Revolution":
    Simply install it, start it and right click it's tray-icon.
    (The small icon of "WinSplit Revolution" that is left of the windows clock in the taskbar - bottom right corner [it may be hidden: click the arrow]).
    Then select "Hotkeys settings" from it's context menu (the menu you get after right-clicking the icon).
    Look for the function named "Toggle Always on Top" - you can edit the default hotkey if you prefer.
    The small animation when using "always on top" shows if a window is being set "not always on top" or "always on top".
    Note that the "always on top" function will only effect the currently focused window / program.

To set your visual novel to be "always on top":
    Start your visual novel you wish to be "always on top" and use the "WinSplit Revolution" hotkey to toggle it "Always on top".
    Now - even if a pop-up window appears - your visual novel that is set to be "always on top" still won't lose focus.
    Even if you run your visual novel in fullscreen mode - it will not be minimized. Instead the other window will simply start in the background of your visual novel. (If the pop-up program / window is also set to be "always on top" it will overshadow your visual novel - but your visual novel still won't be minimized).

One last hint: The "always on top" function will NOT be saved. If you exit the window / program and start it again - it is no longer "always on top" - even if you just set it to be just before exiting it. Windows assigns the focus (z-order) on program start and does not save it - a program can however be able to manipulate it's own z-order - if programmed that way - and therefore always start "always on top".

Maybe that helps ^^

Leave a comment:

• spoxxy
    replied
    New Atlas update looks to work fine ATLAS V14.0 Update Pack U004 (November 1, 2013)

Leave a comment:

• Haiyami
    replied
    Okay I'm posting because of a problem i'm having with atlas. Whenever i'm playing eroge/galge, i have the translation window open from atlas open and the game window open. So when i click to go to the next line in the game, the focus of the window switches from the game window to quick atlas's translation window making me having to go back and refocus the game. I know that you can keep this from happening and i'd like it to not happen because that way i can just continue pressing the the keyboard or mouse, instead of having to double click the game window each time just to refocus the game.

By the way I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit OS.

Leave a comment:

• FionaLenet
    replied
    Pardon but the only reason I'm posting is that I couldn't find the AGTH guide link that I should have read first. [Only saw 2 and on.]

Now, this is only my second otome game that I've tried to use this system with. First one went fine and without issues. My second game though is only pulling out the text provided for certain kanji and not the base lines of the intro/speech/etc. I've tried all of the threads listed but again, same issue with all.

What do I need to fix so that it will extract the main text and not just the sparce subtext for particular kanji?

Edit 1: My bad. This is my third otome game using AGTH and ITH and the first two were without issues.
    Last edited by FionaLenet; 09-24-2013, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X