Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

ITHVNR - ITH with the VNR engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITHVNR - ITH with the VNR engine

ITHVNR is a fork of the ITH GUI that uses the VNR engine, which is itself a fork of the old ITH engine. I created it to learn C++ and I learned a lot.

I have made lots of changes to the ITH GUI. Fixed bugs, simplified the GUI, radically simplified the code, switched the build system to CMake. Building ITHVNR is easy. Merging changes from vnr is only calling one script.

It's possible that I introduced bugs, report them here.

ITHVNR-3.5640.1-Source.zip
    ITHVNR-3.5640.1-win32.zip

• reenable UNICODE for Siglus, Malie, AB2Try

You also need Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. Download vcredist_x86.exe .
    Last edited by Stomp; 01-03-2016, 07:36 AM. Reason: 5640
    AGTH wiki

Can you please make a readme file with build/setup instructions? Like - what should I install and what to execute to compile ITHVNR.
    I am very interested but not enough to waste few hours trying to figure it out on my own (I am not a programmer, so learning something new in this field is a waste of precious time)
    //edit
    And simply compiling it in vs2010 didn't work, there're many errors
    Last edited by Andys; 03-11-2015, 06:24 AM.

Comment

You need CMake, Visual Studio 2013 Express and Windows Driver Kit 7.1. I could make it work in VS 2010 later.

Code:
      mkdir build-ithvnr
      cd build-ithvnr
      cmake -G "Visual Studio 12 2013" -T v120_xp -DWDK_HOME="C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1" ..\ITHVNR-3.0.0-Source
      This should generate "ITHVNR.sln" that you can open with VS 2013 Express. Then build the "ALL_BUILD" project.
      AGTH wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Stomp View Post
        Visual Studio 2013
        As I suspected...
        My problem with it is that it can't be installed on WinXP and I don't have a licensed Win7. Any chance to make the code compatible with VS2010? Or are there any functions which are introduced in 2013 only?

p.s. and yeah, I am a dinosaur which goes by common motto "if it works - do not update it". WinXP works and has a smaller disk and memory footprint. Why force myself and update to Win7 (and waste money) if it runs almost all h-games (except latest Ensemble games with invisible text in WinXP and some Lune games)
        Last edited by Andys; 03-11-2015, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Try this ITHVNR-3.0.1-Source.zip.
          Code:
          mkdir build-ithvnr
          cd build-ithvnr
          cmake -G "Visual Studio 10 2010" -DWDK_HOME="C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1" ..\ITHVNR-3.0.1-Source
          AGTH wiki

Comment

Thanks, that worked right out of the box, compiled without errors

//edit
            and first bug report -
            1. auto copy to clipboard doesn't work. If I select text inside main window, it gets copied but nothing is copied if I do not do this manually. May be related to #2.
            2. No line breaks after each successive captured line of text, everything is in a continuous wall of text, see http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=245hw7t&s=8
            3. There's no process name, left-upper listbox is empty while ith is definitely attached to a game, in the above screenshot
            4. Autoattach also isn't working
            Last edited by Andys; 03-11-2015, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Yes, there was a problem on Windows XP. I fixed it and this time I tested ITH with a Kirikiri game and it worked.

ITHVNR-3.0.2-win32.zip
              ITHVNR-3.0.2-Source.zip
              AGTH wiki

Comment

What sort of weird stuff does VNR do with hooks to get text? In Silverio Vendetta, it passes the top of the stack as a unicode character, but there isn't one there at all. The stack is just a pointer to a blank dword. Then suddenly, after a single call to ITH's code, a whole line of text appears in ITH, even though the code used is for a single character (/HW, the full code using /HWN0). If I copy the code into a standard ITH, then it doesn't work at all, as I expected.

So yeah, what sort of stuff does this version do to hooks? How is it able to somehow find text, and a full line of it, from a hook which doesn't give it anything but a pointer to a blank dword as a character, and it's only a single character hook anyway? Are there are docs or examples of how this (or just VNR) hooks things, or at least just how it differs from the standard ITH?
                Last edited by SaintLouisX; 03-11-2015, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Damn, this is actually quite a piece of work from what I can see so far.

Tested it on a few engines (KAG, Malie, Siglus, Softpal, BGI2, N+, WillPlus) only bug that I've run in to so far the failure to recognize the Eien Shinken engine (I don't know if it has a name) meaning that it's unable to successfully recognize 聖なるかな. Normal ITH3.0 has no issues with this task. If it matters, I do own and play from a legitimate copy of the game.

Also, in regards to Silverio, malie is probably the least understood engine currently released, and is pretty much powered by dark magic. The hooking is all integrated assembly. There aren't really any example documents, but VNR has its source code in the package.
                  Last edited by nullskillvoid; 03-11-2015, 11:52 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Some game with ith,
                    It tend to display wrong encoding like this pic.
                    (actually, this pic using ver.andys-2015-3-4)
                    http://i.imgur.com/AyOQxBA.png

Can you please add text encoding setting on ITHVNR?
                    Last edited by otromonde; 11-11-2015, 02:36 AM. Reason: add info. about pic.

Comment

Does this also happen wit ITHVNR? What's the title of the game?
                      AGTH wiki

Comment

Originally posted by otromonde View Post
                        Some game with ith,
                        It tend to display wrong encoding like this pic.
                        Just to be sure - does Ai Shimai 4 work without custom h-codes? Just checking, maybe it's only in my ith setup, but I have a custom userhook0 saved for this game (could be from ancient times when VNR did not support Elf games)

Comment

encoding

Originally posted by Andys View Post
                          Just to be sure - does Ai Shimai 4 work without custom h-codes? Just checking, maybe it's only in my ith setup, but I have a custom userhook0 saved for this game (could be from ancient times when VNR did not support Elf games)
                          actually, this pic was not mine.
                          i heard that he doesn't use hcode.

and i guess this encoding problem come from vnr, cause sometime vnr get wrong encoding too.

so.. just suggestion to add feature.
                          @-@
                          I don't want it bothering you.
                          Last edited by otromonde; 03-24-2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

um... i'm not sure. but guess so. cause vnr have same problem sometime
                            so when encoding problem with vnr, change manually by using text encoding
                            Last edited by otromonde; 03-24-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stomp View Post
                              ITHVNR is a fork of the ITH GUI that uses the VNR engine, which is itself a fork of the old ITH engine. I created it to learn C++ and I learned a lot.

I have made lots of changes to the ITH GUI. Fixed bugs, simplified the GUI, radically simplified the code, switched the build system to CMake. Building ITHVNR is easy. Merging changes from vnr is only calling one script.

It's possible that I introduced bugs, report them here.
                              some people say that
                              msvcr120.dll error in some system

i think it need to including VC++ 2013 with ithvnr

Comment

Working...
                              X