Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Itadaki: play games with furigana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itadaki: play games with furigana

If you want play games (especially visual novels) with furigana I recommend my new add-on for Firefox: Furigana Inserter.

Furigana Inserter
    I have released Furigana Inserter - an add-on for Firefox which inserts furigana for words written in Japanese. Furigana are small characters written in kana or romaji, which appear above a word written in kanji. FI uses MeCab a great program written by researchers of a Japanese university. It can also monitor the clipboard, when it detects a change it will insert the text from the clipboard together with furigana into the browser window. This is useful for playing games. There's more information about FI on its home page.

How to use Furigana Inserter (FI) to play games:
    • Start a game with AGTH.
    • Tell AGTH to automatically copy new text into clipboard.
    • Open attached web page in Firefox. (You can actually use any web page.)
    • In Firefox left click on FI's icon in the status bar and select "Monitor Clipboard".

Tips:
    • You can right click the mouse to bring up the context menu.
    • You can zoom in or out of the web page using CTRL+ mouse wheel or CTRL++ and CTRL+-.
    • You can select text and the insert furigana into selected text only. If you don't select any text, furigana will be inserted into the entire web page. The "Remove furigana" function works the same way.
    • You can press Shift or Enter when the popup window is displayed to switch to the next dictionary.
    • You can add names and unknown nouns to the user dictionary. Go to "Tools"->"Furigana Inserter"->"User Dictionary".
    • You can use regular expressions to filter text from the clipboard before it is inserted into the web page. Go to "Tools"->"Furigana Inserter"->"Substitutions".

Furigana Inserter can look up words in the dictionary and display a translation in a popup menu. Rikaichan needs to be installed for this to work. To turn on automatic lookup click on the icon and select "Look up words in dictionary".

Useful links:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stomp; 07-15-2012, 02:22 PM.
    AGTH wiki

Great tool.

Comment

Thank you Setx for creating AGTH. It wouldn't be possible to play games with Itadaki without it.
      AGTH wiki

Comment

whats that java dictionary in the bottom left oO

Comment

Wow! thanks so much for this app =D
          Having furigana on the kanji reaaaaaallly helps so much when your just starting out like moi! =3

Comment

I have updated the Itadaki application. I released version 1.0alpha3.

Finally it includes an english kanji dictionary. When you select a word in OOo and look it up in the japanese dictionary all the kanji in this word are automatically looked up in kanji dictionary as well.

Otherwise the kanji dictionary is independent of the japanese dictionary.
            AGTH wiki

Comment

Oh wow, with this program running, now it'll take twice the time to finish a game. Only if you're into the reading the kanjis .

Nevertheless, it's a great tool for learing kanjis (via eroge ). Thanks for sharing.

Comment

It seems to be a great tool and I just can't wait to try it since I'm tired of doing it manually but for some reason there's a problem coming out. I can't install Open Office 2.3 anymore and have 2.4 instead. Itadaki's installation starts but freezes about 50% and Office crashes right after that.
                Is it incompatible with 2.4?

Comment

Hmm, now this is cool. I'm surprised I'd never seen it before. I use Rikaichan now to read and translate, but this is a very interesting alternative. Could be very useful for me down the road when I want to learn how to say the kanji vocab.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks dude.

External link removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ange View Post
                      It seems to be a great tool and I just can't wait to try it since I'm tired of doing it manually but for some reason there's a problem coming out. I can't install Open Office 2.3 anymore and have 2.4 instead. Itadaki's installation starts but freezes about 50% and Office crashes right after that.
                      Is it incompatible with 2.4?
                      I don't know. The latest version of OOo is 2.3.1 according to the home page.
                      AGTH wiki

Comment

Now, OpenOffice 2.4 has been released. I've upgraded and Itadaki works.
                        AGTH wiki

Comment

I installed Open Office 2.4 with the Extansions itadaki-1.0alpha3.oxt, itadaki-data-edict-20070228.oxt, itadaki-data-enamdict-20070228.oxt, itadaki-data-ipadic-20070228.oxt, itadaki-data-kanjidic-20080101.oxt. AGTH and text board clipping works fine, but the Dictionary says:

There are currently no dictionaries configured.
                          Click here to configure dictionaries.

If i click "here" there comes a list with Dictionary Name: ENAMDICT and EDICT.

I don't know what to do with that, so please anyone tell me how to make it work, because it looks like I'm to stupid to figure it out by myself.

edit: Forgot to say, that the Kanji dic works, so it's just the normal dictionary.

Comment

Originally posted by groff2553 View Post
                            I installed Open Office 2.4 with the Extansions itadaki-1.0alpha3.oxt, itadaki-data-edict-20070228.oxt, itadaki-data-enamdict-20070228.oxt, itadaki-data-ipadic-20070228.oxt, itadaki-data-kanjidic-20080101.oxt. AGTH and text board clipping works fine, but the Dictionary says:

There are currently no dictionaries configured.
                            Click here to configure dictionaries.

If i click "here" there comes a list with Dictionary Name: ENAMDICT and EDICT.

I don't know what to do with that, so please anyone tell me how to make it work, because it looks like I'm to stupid to figure it out by myself.

edit: Forgot to say, that the Kanji dic works, so it's just the normal dictionary.
                            I don't have this problem. Look in "Extras->Extensions Manager...". Where are the extensions installed? Under "My Extensions" or under "Openoffice.org Extensions". Here, they are all under "My Extensions" and I don't have this problem.
                            AGTH wiki

Comment

They are under "My Extensions".

Any other ideas how to solve this problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X