Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Hentai ID thread for all hentai ID requests. Click me for link!

The Identification Thread is Here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/447081
See more
See less

Clipboard Hooker for SYSTRAN 6 (Utility for autotranslation with SYSTRAN 6)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipboard Hooker for SYSTRAN 6 (Utility for autotranslation with SYSTRAN 6)

Hello everyone!

Are you tired of copying & pasting to SYSTRAN6?

I've written a small and stupid program that allows using SYSTRAN 6 with AGTH in the same way as QuickATLAS:

ClipboardHookerForSystran6

(I'm very ashamed to show you this piece of shit, but our friend FHC has encouraged me to publish it)

The idea is very simple. My program:
    1-Captures text from Clipboard.
    2-Sends it to the appropriate edit box on SYSTRAN 6.
    3-Clicks over the "Translate" button.

That's it! It's so simple that I can't believe nobody has done it before, and much better than me!
    I did it for myself, and it's not very useful, but it's much less annoying than copy & paste & click.
    It doesn't interfere with the clipboard in any way, so you can use it simultaneously with Quick ATLAS and get two automatic and awful translations instead of only one! (Systran 6 is usually faster)

I'm a (very) bad programmer, so my program is really ugly (both inside and outside).
    It's dedicated to all the people who have made it possible for us to enjoy these games, especially FHC for show me the way me and SETX for his incredible AGTH. Thanks!

Sorry for my english and have fun!
    Last edited by superpanzeta; 07-14-2008, 11:18 AM.

actually this can be done more easy by autoit script.
    but I am Chinese,I use J.Beijing to translate,not systran6.

Comment

hm does the tool interfere with the normal mouse handling - as in you move the mouse around for the user - or are you using some other methods to copy&paste / click buttons?

Comment

I tested this game first time long 5 minutes and I liked it very much ! Added REP points !

However, after some time, this software begin to crash a LOT. This software is VERY MUCH UNSTABLE. After some time playing, Every minute this software crash. It translate 2 or 3 lines very well, but, after it crashs.

Sadly, I really liked this software, but, it crash so much that is not possible to enjoy it. At least, in my VISTA it crash. Not sure If the same thing happens with others Windows versions.

Originally posted by Freaka View Post
        hm does the tool interfere with the normal mouse handling - as in you move the mouse around for the user - or are you using some other methods to copy&paste / click buttons?
        No. don't worry. I not noticed any issue like this. This software translate everything that have in the clipboard, even using ctrl+C.

Something IMPRESSIVE is the fact that this software can be used very well with ATLAS at same time. This software not interfere with the normal automatically clipboard translation of ATLAS.

However, NEVER SYSTRAN can replace ATLAS. Is good to use both of them at same time.

The main japanese translator is ALWAYS ATLAS. SYSTRAN only translate better than ATLAS sentences with have a LOT of hiragane in the text. ATALS always make translations mistakes in texts with a LOT of hiragane. Then, SYSTRAN is a assistant of ATLAS that need to be used only when ATLAS cannot translate very well some sentence.

Then, the better thing is really to use ATLAS and SYSTRAN at same time, and to compare each translation.

However, the maximun resolution of my desktop is 1024x768 . Then, to use ATLAS and SYSTRAN at same ( showing the 2 windows at same time without hid the game window - If the game resolution is 800x600 ) is necessary to minimize the font size of both ATLAS and SYSTRAN. However, my eyes become in pain to force them so much trying to read the small lines of a text with s small sized font.

Then, to use ATLAS and SYSTRAN with a good font size , I need to minimize one of then. If I need to minimize one of them, is useless to use this automatically clipboard translation

However, If the game resolution is small, like 640x480 , then, is VERY GOOD to use ATLAS and SYSTRAN at same time. "AV KING" is 640x480, then, is good to play like this.

Then, I hope you can make a update in your software to it become more stable for me to play AV KING

Really, to play like this, crashing every minute, is not fun

However, really , to play a game with 800x600 resolution ( all games nowadays are like this ) is impossible to use ATLAS and SYSTRAN at same time. You need to use one and minimize the other.

I hope you all can understand what I wanna to say. sometimes my bad english not help when I try to explain something
        Last edited by fhc; 07-12-2008, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaka View Post
          I'm not sure what you mean, but I think the answer is no.
          The program doesn't interfere with the mouse/focus at all. Neither with clipboard, nor anything else (I think/hope...).
          I didn't want to interfere with the clipboard in any way, so the program is not a clipboard viewer (doesn't even join the clipboard chain, so it is not notified when clipboard changes).
          It just check out the clipboard periodically looking for text, retrieves the text in Unicode format, and if (and only if) the text has changed from last check, it sends to Systran window.
          The sending system is also very simple:
          First, it selects all text in the Systran window and deletes it (If not, the text keeps accumulating). This is done with a EM_SETSEL message and then WM_KEYDOWN/WM_KEYUP messages with VK_DELETE key.
          Then, the text is sent with a loop of SendMessageW() until the end.
          Finally, the button is clicked with WM_LBUTTONDOWN/WM_LBUTTONUP messages.
          (Hey! I said it's a pile of crap!)

This is the first time I play with clipboard and windows messages, and I don't know if it can be done simpler. But it works for me.
          Probably, clearing the Systran window every time the text changes is not a good idea. Maybe 3 (for example) sentences could be better. Or a user choosen number.

Thanks for your interest!

Comment

To fhc.
            Yes, the good thing is the dual translation possibility. I don't have many resolution problems (1920x1200) but with 1024x768 you are very limited.
            I'm waiting to get some free time to play AV KING this way!

Sadly, I have not Vista, but I really did think it should run (in an admin account). In my Xp, it run for hours. In fact, from time to time, AGTH grabs and copy the text correctly, but somehow QuickATLAS 14 truncates it. My program doesn't have that problem.
            My program doesn't use anything strange. No dependencies, no installation, no runtime libraries. It only needs Unicode support.
            I cannot think of any reason for the crashes (did I say I'm a bad programmer?).
            The only issue I'm aware is that, sometimes, after several long sentences in too fast sequence to translate, the stupid progress bar window of Systran gets stuck and you can't close it. I think it's a Systran problem. However, it doesn't cause problems.

I am very sorry, fhc. I really want to help you, but I don't know how (yet).
            Any ideas out there?

I like your huge posts a lot. You always try to help the people. 色々ありがとうございます!

Comment

To fhc and friends.

Is there some error text when the app crash?
              I've made a little modification to the size of memory used. Otherwise, is the same program.
              Probably it'll crash too, but you can give it a try. Link updated in first post.

Sorry again. Sooner or later I'll have Vista, but expect it to be later...

Comment

I don't have systran (and don't really plan to get it atm) so I can't really help you with debugging, but thanks a lot for the detailled tech info - I always find it interesting to read about how stuff like this works and my knowledge about win messages is very very limited.

Comment

I found this very useful. It beats having to paste the text and then click translate. Automatic is nice.
                  Currently immersed in Chaos;Head
                  Asia has way too many MMORPGs

Comment

Originally posted by noze View Post
                    actually this can be done more easy by autoit script.
                    but I am Chinese,I use J.Beijing to translate,not systran6.

Can you tell me how?

Comment

The only annoying thing about this is that the SYSTRAN window keeps popping up in front of the game window at every new piece of text put on clipboard. Any way to fix that?

The program doesn't crash for me BTW, after the "cannot open clipboard error" it still continues to copy subsequent text from clipboard to SYSTRAN.
                      Last edited by sailabc1; 10-28-2008, 11:52 AM.

Comment

canany one give the arabic support for systran 6

Comment

Today I buy a new monitor ( 22" with resolution of 1680x1050 )

I just wanna to say that this software created by superpanzeta is WONDERFUL playing with a BIG resolution screen. and the software is not crashing all the time anymore ( maybe the resolution effect the systran in something, becasue all the text show at same time in the screen ) .

I am very happy now using this software. Thank you VERY MUCH, superpanzeta, you are WONDERFUL !!

Comment

Not even the occassional "cannot open clipboard" error? (Even though like I said above, it doesn't crash, it just skips the line on which the error occured and continues copying subsequent lines)

Comment

Originally posted by sailabc1 View Post
                              Not even the occassional "cannot open clipboard" error? (Even though like I said above, it doesn't crash, it just skips the line on which the error occured and continues copying subsequent lines)
                              No. "cannot open clipboard" keep happening, but, this is not a big deal, in old times, the software really CRASH and I was forced to begin again the software. Now, rarely the software crash.
                              Last edited by fhc; 12-10-2008, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X