[Translation Thread](Illusion) Sexy Beach ZERO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Translation] [Translation Thread](Illusion) Sexy Beach ZERO

This thread is for discussing the story translation of Sexy Beach ZERO only.

Team members
    Obsolete information:
    Spoiler

Subversion
    All the untranslated and translated files are located on a Subversion (aka. SVN) server. Subversion is a revision control system that makes it a lot easier to work on multiple files in a team.
    Address: https://svn.mikanbako.org/svn/sb0trans/
    Recommended software for accessing the Subversion SBZ repository: TortoiseSVN

How to start translating
    1. Install TortoiseSVN to be able to access the Subversion repository (i.e. where the files are stored)
    2. Select a folder and right-click and select (X64)->SVN Checkout...
    3. Enter the following URL: https://svn.mikanbako.org/svn/sb0trans/, click OK and wait while files are being downloaded
    4. Go to <your checkout folder>\trunk\<some folder> and open a *.sdt.txt file of your choice.
    5. Translate the file using your favorite editor and save it.
    6. Drag and drop the file on the HAKO SDT Tool.exe (this will convert the file to .sdt)
    7. Copy PPExtractor.exe to <your SBZ folder>\data
    8. Unpack <your SBZ folder>\data\sb00_00.pp by dragging it to PPExtractor
    9. Copy your translated .sdt file to the <your SBZ folder>\data\sb00_00 folder
    10. Pack the sb00_00 folder by dragging it to PPExtractor
    11. Play the game and test your translations!
    12. When you would like to commit your translations you should PM ruru and get a login/pass.

Current status
    Rough estimate of the progress:
    Code:
                    Translated      Proof-read
    Prologue        100%            100%
    Other           100%            100%
    Ai              ~90%            ~100%
    Bael            ~75%            ~100%
    Hotaru          ~75%            ~99%
    Rin             ~75%            ~100%
    Setsuna         ~75%            ~100%
    Tools

Links

Release
    Partial Release by GoldMembr (included in SBZ HF Patch)

More obsolete information:
    Spoiler
    How to use the files
    The current release doesn't include all the files. Read the following guide by ruru to learn how to use the translated files:
    Originally posted by ruru View Post
    Please make sure to read and understand the following:
    • You are using these files at your own risk. Since this is a development repository, there's no guarantee that the files will be without errors, will not crash your game or won't make your computer explode.
    • I will post some information further down on how to use the files and the general repository structure, and this is how far support will go in this thread. Posting in this thread asking for further installation instructions will result in the post being reported and deleted.
    • Likewise, posts asking how to install or use SVN do not belong here. Google is your friend.

How to build a translation patch from the repository:

Disclaimer: This how-to assumes that you have a working SVN client, SDT Tool and PPExtract ... of course, you should also know how to use them.

1) Check out the repository using the URL
    Code:
    https://svn.mikanbako.org/svn/sb0trans/trunk
    , but don't put it into your game directory.
    You will most likely get a certificate warning, that's completely normal though. Also, make sure you add the "/trunk" part to the URL.

2) You should now have a new folder containing a local copy of the repository. Create a temporary folder and copy the following files into it:
    • All .txt files in the folder "Prologue"
    • All .txt files in the folder "Other files\Done PR"
    • All .lst files in the folder "Other files\Fontsize mod"
    • All the .txt files in the folder "<girl name>\PR Done", for every girl.

When you're done, you should have a bunch of .txt files and one .lst file in your temp. folder.

3) Use SDT Tool to encrypt all the .txt files. You can just select them all and drag them over the SDT Tool icon. When you're done, delete any .txt files that are still left in the temp. folder. You should now only have .sdt and .lst files in it.

4) Go into your SBZ data directory and unpack sb00_00.pp using PPExtractor, creating a folder named sb00_00. Copy all the files from your temp folder into the sb00_00 folder, overwrite any file. Then repack the folder into a .pp file and make sure you keep the backup that is automatically created (sb00_00.pp.old).

5) You're done.
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-17-2014, 09:03 AM.

I'm doing the Prologue_XX.sdt files, I'll upload them here when I'm done for proof-reading.

EDIT: Actually, I did only the prologue_00, now I'm doing "action..." files, they're really small with just a few lines each.
    Last edited by KohakuSan; 11-02-2010, 03:08 PM.
    Nutaku ID: 306382

Nobody is ever born like a soldier in this world

sigpic
    What is it you believe in? What is it you're fighting for now?

Comment

I'm trying to remember who did the translations for SB3, I think it was Shirakani? Anyways, I remember that for the translation for SB3, the work was divided for each girl and released as they were completed. Maybe an approach like that might work again.

The translations for SB3 had quite a bit of humor in them, like references to 4-chan and stuff.

Comment

Since i can't enjoy the game without a translation of the story i would really like to help accelerating that procedure
        unfortunately i have no japanese skills so i couldn't be a help for you translators, could i?

Comment

cool, I could try n help out a lil if u want. I just need a proof reader
          虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず。

Comment

Cool. I guess I could help out with the proof reading. I might not be the best with grammar, but I can definitely help with spelling and phrasing mistakes.

Comment

Okay, I'm done with all action_XX files, besides those I have completed: AllClear_00_00, all LevelUp_XX, room_00, room_01 and Prologue_00.

The files for proof-reading are attached to this post. I'd appreciate all your help on it.

The second file is for the ones who want to translate, they're all the sdt files already converted to .txt so anyone can open it.
              If you'll start translating please pm me so we coordinate and don't work on the same file.
              Check the already translated files to follow the pattern.

I think it's better to finish all Prologue files now then we'll separate the work on each girl, one at a time.
              Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

okay so i'll start proof reading too
                i can't give a 100% guarantee for correctness but i'll give my best

edit:
                great work KohakuSan
                Is it okay for you if i changed some sentences by giving them a (imo) better style but keeping the meaning of it?
                I'll make a changelog to point out the changes i made

edit2:
                i finished proof reading and uploaded my overhauled version of kohakus translation
                in the changelog you can see where i changed what
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Tribo; 11-03-2010, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks Tribo, and yes, of course you can change whatever you want, then we'll see which works best, on the final version.

Just to remember, whoever is starting to translate the files, we're doing the prologue_xx files now, so choose one(besides prologue_00) and POST HERE saying it, so we don't work on the same file.
                  I'm taking prologue_01

sigpic

Comment

just to let others know so that no time is wasted on multiple trans, im still working on the 40 salutation_xx_xx_xx.sdt files.

40/40 completed!
                    Edit : Done~ Needs Proof Reading!

I need someone to proofread and/or provide better wording for the text. I put the translation next to the original words.

ohhh and i put ???? marks next to the ones that tripped me up so if anyone can help me it would be appreciated
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by remymartin1986; 11-05-2010, 09:42 AM.
                    虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず。

Comment

ok so just saying I begin the translation of prologue_02
                      I'll edit my post when I'm done (I'll also need a good proof reader since I'm french some of my sentences will probably be wrong sorry ^^')

edit: there's prologue_02, unfortunatly that was Bael file and that chick use a way too much polite speech and use some crazy words -_-, but still I managed to translate everything just need proof reading now!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Geshtar; 11-03-2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

sorry i started work on this on my own andi had no clue this was even here but i have a couple dateend files done. they need to be proof read and i left the japanese words in and put my translation next to them.
                        dateEnd_00_00_00.sdt
                        dateEnd_00_01_00.sdt
                        dateEnd_01_00_00.sdt

and im currently working on dateEnd_01_01_00.sdt
                        Attached Files

Comment

geshtar i just took a short look at your translation and you're right there are some mistakes in it
                          but that's no problem. it's great that you're translating anyway
                          I'll take care of it this afternoon and of densetsus translation too of course
                          but looks like soon it'll be an overwhelming amount of proof reading to do so i hope someone's gonna join me ^^

Comment

well i completed all of the dateend.sdts
                            the done.rar has dateend 00 00 00- 01 00 00
                            which was in my last replay attachments.

this rar has
                            dateEnd_01_01_00.sdt
                            dateEnd_02_00_00.sdt
                            dateEnd_02_01_00.sdt
                            dateEnd_03_00_00.sdt
                            dateEnd_03_01_00.sdt
                            dateEnd_04_00_00.sdt
                            dateEnd_04_01_00.sdt

i just listed that to be clear.
                            Attached Files

Comment

im planning on working on the events. im kinda just going down the list on my windows explorer so if any one is taking a certain girl path let me know and i will avoid. the events seem kinda small (compared to dateend).

Comment

Working...
                              X