[& Translation Discussion Thread] (KISS) Custom Maid 3D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] [& Translation Discussion Thread] (KISS) Custom Maid 3D

This thread is for discussion of mods and translation only. It is not a mod support thread!! If you have problems with a mod you should pm the author.

Links
    Custom Maid 3D discussion & FAQ
    [Mod Release Thread] (KISS) Custom Maid 3D
    The Texturing Discussion Thread
    The 3D Modeling Discussion Thread

Tools
    CM3DExtractor by ScumSuckingPig
    NEI Extractor by whoami & Grayphoque
    CM3DTools English by Raiko
    KS Translators Helper by MegaKameha
    CM3D Tools uploaded by Grayphoque (works with 1.07)
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-17-2014, 08:25 AM.

I downloaded a Japanese mod with .dds files along with .anz. Where should I place them? None of the .vac files in GameData seem to contain that type of file.

Comment

Originally posted by garloo View Post
      I downloaded a Japanese mod with .dds files along with .anz. Where should I place them? None of the .vac files in GameData seem to contain that type of file.
      .dds files are direct draw surface files...basically textures. You shouldn't need to do anything with these to use the mod as I suspect they were just provided to allow for easy further modding of that mod similar to how someone may give out a .pds file with a texture.

I had a quick question myself. When using the female uncensor I get an issue where the default skin used when you first create a new maid will not use the custom texture file in the textures folder. That skin seems to always use the default skin with the censoring even though I've confirmed the texture does not exist anywhere in my Texture.vac file. Is this being experienced by others? Obvious workaround is just not to use that skin tone but was wondering if this was a previously known issue with a better workaround.

Comment

Originally posted by cetra00 View Post
        I had a quick question myself. When using the female uncensor I get an issue where the default skin used when you first create a new maid will not use the custom texture file in the textures folder. That skin seems to always use the default skin with the censoring even though I've confirmed the texture does not exist anywhere in my Texture.vac file. Is this being experienced by others? Obvious workaround is just not to use that skin tone but was wondering if this was a previously known issue with a better workaround.
        Models by default use an embedded dds texture, unless a png texture, from the Texture folder, is forced in the material file.

Comment

Hi,

I wondered if there was any mods with pants? I'm really sick of skirts, wanna trade them for a good blue jean.....
          Thanks.

Comment

I don't think I've seen any.

Hmmm. If one were going to make such a mod, Sox014_000 might be the best starting point... or at least, it's the only one that leaps out at me. The basic shape is there, and it's attached in the right way, so it just needs loosening up and a new texture.

Does anyone know what upkiss0613.zip is supposed to do? The sample picture doesn't tell me anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira1555 View Post
              Hi,

I wondered if there was any mods with pants? I'm really sick of skirts, wanna trade them for a good blue jean.....
              Thanks.
              Yowane Haku pants + boots
              http://www.mediafire.com/?dgeatck0uqcnn
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Grayphoque; 04-06-2011, 02:18 AM.

Comment

@Grayphoque Thanks a lot.

Sorry for being annoying, but is there any blouse/shirts mods? Yet I found one on the release mod thread, I wonder if there are any others....
                Oh, and I noticed that if I rename a mod, that mod would disappear in-game...... Do I have a problem?
                Thanks.
                Last edited by Akira1555; 02-20-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Very new and green to any form of modding, I can work with the *.vac files, however once unpacked what does one use to access the *.ks files for script extraction?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacebird View Post
                    Very new and green to any form of modding, I can work with the *.vac files, however once unpacked what does one use to access the *.ks files for script extraction?
                    notepad.exe

Comment

How do i re-compress the folders into .vac files after putting the modded files in them? Dragging the folder onto CM3DExtractor.exe doesn't work, the cmd window pops up for half a second and that's it.

EDIT: Never-mind I figured it out. it was because i had manually renamed the original file something else before re-compressing and i guess the extractor was looking for the original to rename it itself and couldn't find it.
                      Last edited by rayman2170; 02-21-2011, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bbjoey521
                        I downloaded some clothing from the mod release thread, What am I supposed to do with it? placing them in the gamedata folder didn't work.
                        You put the mods .vac files in ...\Custom Maid 3D\Plugin\

If you don´t already have it, just create the Plugin folder in your maingame folder.

Comment

...Odd, was hoping someone had already asked this...
                          Where do .xcf files go? (got a few .xcf files with texture .png files in this mod)
                          the textures folder has none..rather ask before I start extracting every single .vac file.

And Is someone able to post the original texture2.vac ? just need the original CR3D_skil-Perts01.png inside that the CM3d HF patch overwrote.
                          Last edited by HyeVltg3; 02-21-2011, 02:40 PM.
                          Thanking or Adding to one's Reputation when someone Posts something helpful is a Very Nice Thing.
                          KARAFURU! ~~ Hey! Boku Steve!

LOVE×LUST
                          LOVE or DIE
                          ← + ↑ + → + ↓ + R1 + Z-Trigger + LB = GOD MODE

Comment

xcf is an image format used by GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). If a mod comes with a file with that extension, it's probably for creating your own textures for something. (If you say which mod it is, I could probably be more specific, but I can't remember which one I saw that had some .xcf files.)

Comment

Rep+ thank you for .xcf explination.
                              still hoping someone can post they're original CR3D_skil-Perts01.png from Texture2.vac.
                              Thanking or Adding to one's Reputation when someone Posts something helpful is a Very Nice Thing.
                              KARAFURU! ~~ Hey! Boku Steve!

LOVE×LUST
                              LOVE or DIE
                              ← + ↑ + → + ↓ + R1 + Z-Trigger + LB = GOD MODE

Comment

Working...
                              X