Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sexy Beach 3 Mods & English Translation (New And Improved!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] Sexy Beach 3 Mods & English Translation (New And Improved!)

Here it is once again, but don't expect ANY help (or any reply at all) from the modders at this point if you don't do your own homework.

No "Thank you for your hard work", general gameplay issues, or unnecessary posts. We want this
    thread to be easily browsable.

To all modders/translators:

If you have any thing you feel worthy of posting on the main page, please pm me with a link... I'll
    do my best to keep up, but at some points there is so much going on that it makes it difficult to
    not let something slip by.

Keep up the good work everyone!

The downloads will follow this format:
    name_of_file.extension [server(s) it's hosted on] - submitted by original
    poster

Links to other posts will just contain the url for the link.

FAQ

Tutorials:

################################################## ########

Where to get the mods:

Sexy Beach 3 Torrent

Complete English Patches for sb3 and sb3plus

################################################## ########
    ## Manual Patching #############################################

Uncensor Patch!

Tools

English INSTALLER

-----------------------------------------------
    Changelog:
    10/03/2006 01:00est - Thread (re)created
    10/03/2006 01:30est - General layout added/started adding links(TheShadow's exe and dummy.bmp)
    10/03/2006 01:53est - More links added (wurlox's english translations)
    10/03/2006 02:03est - Tweaking the layout a bit because I'm too damn anal...
    10/03/2006 09:02est - Added Dili's Illusionist tool and link to submission Guidelines
    10/04/2006 12:02est - Added Dili's SB3 materials site and update wurlox's Interface submission
    10/04/2006 12:42est - Added Afker's SB3 wiki
    10/05/2006 01:08est - Added flaq's system messages script
    10/05/2006 07:58est - Added sync's installer for wurlox's 2.5 t/l patch
    10/06/2006 20:13est - Updated link to the Illusionist 1.01
    10/06/2006 20:14est - Updated link to TheShadow's no-exe
    10/06/2006 20:17est - Updated link to the Mod Submission Guidelines
    10/06/2006 20:24est - Added link to shirakani's Manami script (FTW)
    10/08/2006 17:15est - Updated link for script system messages to refer to post, not individual file per u/l request
    10/14/2006 02:19est - Updated link for wurlox's button translation (wow, 6 days between updates... am I a slacker, or is this just really easy-going?)
    10/15/2006 19:28est - Added link for Reiko's story translation
    10/17/2006 08:44est - Updated wurlox's English interface to 3.5 and add TheShadow's english converter (to change directory names and registry values)
    10/21/2006 05:34est - Added a section and a link for the uncensor patch....
    10/22/2006 18:47est - Added Esk's story translation
    10/29/2006 08:47est - Added DarkHound's clothes gallery to the Modding tools
    11/03/2006 12:07est - Added mirage's t/l bundle
    11/09/2006 22:52est - Added Inquisitor's SB3 modified exe w/US keys (dunno how, but it slipped past me before, even with a pm... sorry Inquisitor! )
    11/12/2006 07:58est - Added Shirakani's story script for Maria
    11/14/2006 07:58est - Added Afker's .92 uncensor patch
    11/26/2006 22:30est - Added Shirakani's story script for Eo
    11/29/2006 09:00est - Added link to wurlox's mesh modding tutorial
    11/29/2006 09:00est - Update links to afker's sb3 gameplay wiki (renamed to IllusionGames wiki)
    11/29/2006 18:10est - Added link to Inquisitor's SB3 English Translation Patch Installer (and removed the other, obsolete links)
    11/30/2006 20:12est - Added link to aervan's English installer torrent
    12/04/2006 16:26est - Added link to DarkHound's lst tools(sorry it took so long, death in the family)
    12/16/2006 19:42est - Added link to flaq's slit mod
    12/22/2006 08:54est - Repopulated first post - raving mode off, for now...
    12/29/2006 16:45est - Added update RLUtility by windstorm
    01/06/2007 09:51est - Added bmp->jpg converter by breveglieri
    01/07/2007 22:48est - Added Sexy Beach 3 tech help wiki link by happy321
    01/14/2007 20:56est - Added Inquisitor's english patch installer
    01/20/2007 10:52est - Added SB3 Spanish Interface mod by ovejanegra
    01/20/2007 18:48est - Added SB3 Sound Mods by NeonSamurai
    04/28/2011 80:00est - Complete edit for the first post
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-17-2014, 08:33 AM. Reason: Fix wiki link

Asleep at the wheel

• Is there an extreme tan for the sb3+, I can't seem to find it at all.

Comment

• SexyBeach3 & SexyBeach3Plus RegistryTool BETA

I just made a registry tool to add/remove registry info for SB3 and SB3Plus.

+ WHAT IT DOES

- It can add/remove registry info for both SexyBeach3 and SexyBeach3Plus

+ WHAT'S GOOD FOR

- Useful if your installation is messed up
      - Useful if you installed the game by copying the data from the discs
      - Useful if you want to move the game's folder to a different location
      As I have neither SB3 nor SB3Plus installed I need help from you to check if it works.
      I based it from the registry keys that the demo installs:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ILLUSION\SexyBeach3 (or SexyBeach3Plus):

INSTALLDIR: directory where the game is installed
      PRODUCTNAME: name of the game, I just put either SexyBeach3 or SexyBeach3Plus there
      VERSION: on the demo the number is 1, I'm currently using this number for both SB3 and SB3P

My questions are:
      1) are there more (or fewer) keys from an -original- installation?
      2) other than PRODUCTNAME (that usually contains a japanese name), are the other keys ok? I have some doubts of VERSION key, just let me know what's the number you got for both games.
      Attached Files

Comment

• I've tried to modify meshes and had problems. :-/

Hi Wurlox,

Originally posted by wurlox View Post
        Sexy Beach 3 Mesh Extraction/Insertion Tutorial
        So let's see if I can bring this together....

First: Thanks for the manual on how to extract, modify and reinsert meshes.

You might suspect that I have tried it. After I read your manual, I did what you suggested.. first with your example, then with some more interesting meshes (the body meshes). When I extract, modify and then reinsert a mesh, I have the problem that SB3 crashes quite often. So far I only succeeded once. But that time I only did some minor changes to the mesh. Every time when I do more changes to the mesh, SB3 does not want to accept the mesh and crashes. I've done what you said and only did basic modifications to the mesh. Actually I only moved the points and did not do anything else, like deleing or adding points or vertices. It seams that SB3 is VERY pick about the meshes.

Do you (or anybody else) have similar experiences ?
        Is there anything else that needs to be known ?
        (Unofficial) HF-modding / translation Club Member #36

Comment

• Originally posted by Wong4 View Post
          Hi Wurlox,

You might suspect that I have tried it. After I read your manual, I did what you suggested.. first with your example, then with some more interesting meshes (the body meshes). When I extract, modify and then reinsert a mesh, I have the problem that SB3 crashes quite often. So far I only succeeded once. But that time I only did some minor changes to the mesh. Every time when I do more changes to the mesh, SB3 does not want to accept the mesh and crashes. I've done what you said and only did basic modifications to the mesh. Actually I only moved the points and did not do anything else, like deleing or adding points or vertices. It seams that SB3 is VERY pick about the meshes.

Since this is modding stuff ill accept this one but its on the line..

Anyway i did this yesterday with wurlox's help.. tho i didnt put any back into the game yet.. but i know that illusion software ( Since Rapelay) Is just VERY VERY VERY picky if it comes to meshes.. we dont know the answer to your question.. at least i and wurlox wont know it.. just try and find out what went wrong.. ( some particular point it doesnt want you to move? ) or a mistake that made extra vertex's.. just try around for a bit until we discover more about it ( Monk is still working on a extracter for the meshes but its not going to come out very soon tho.. )

greets smileynator ( PS. next time put this kind of stuff in the FAQ section becouse it was a question )

Comment

• about time for some new mods

Well since this is the modding thread and we haven't seen any new clothes for quite some time, let me add some skirts from good old AG2. Since the UV layout is quite different , it took some time to adjust all the stuff. But just see for yourself:

This mod should work with SB3 and SB3 plus. Readme is included and can also be found here:
            Spoiler
            this package includes 5 modded skirts from AG2 brought to SB3
            Version 1.0

Instructions to apply the mod
            =============================

What you need
            -------------
            - lst_insert.exe with properly configured lst_insert.ini
            - Sexy Beach 3 (with or without plus package)
            - patched savegame with all accessoiries unlocked (use my savegame patcher or Afker's savegame)

How to apply the mod
            --------------------
            - copy sb3_dh_a01.pp and sb3_dh_s01.pp into your [SB3 standard version]\data\ directory
            - drag & drop dh_skirts_v1.0.txt onto lst_insert.exe

That's it - you are ready to go

have fun - darkhound

Version history
            ===============
            [v1.0] - initial release

sendspace download link
            rapidshare download link

as always - enjoy, darkhound
            HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Wong4 View Post
              Hi Wurlox,

If it is a body mesh...you may run into some serious issues.

You may have noticed that there are 6 .xx per body type, which bascialy breaks down as one mesh for each swimsuit type + 1 extra nude skin (no clothes) mesh.

Each clothing type has a full body mesh as well, and it was recently discovered that with some exceptions, the bodies are actually different in vert count for each clothing type.

So, for example, say you modded the bikini body mesh...bigger tits or something along those lines..that body mod will only work for the bikini style, you cannot get it into the one-piece mesh. You literally have to mod ALL six body meshes and put them back in...

Yeah..I know what you are thinking ALL SIX! Believe me I wish there was some other way. darkhound did a great bigger boob job and slim waisted Type-3 body (Reiko/Maria/Bael/Fei) based off the standard One_Piece swimsuit mesh, and I tried everthing I could think of to get it into the the other .xx files and RLU just would not do it without screwing up...

Now, there may also be other factors such as bones and maybe even animation that can also be a factor, and I know you have seen conversations in the RL mod thread about that...same thing is almost certain to apply with SB3. Anything that has animation, and you're playing with fire.

Now, that's not to say it's impossible, flaq has done a superb job with the pussy mesh, even adding verts, and tweaking the "unknown raw-data" filelds in RLU, and I too have had success with getting totally different type meshes in, the Angel Wings is a perfect example, and again tweaking the "unknown raw-data" filelds to pull that one off. But the pussy mesh and Angel wings really have no animations, so that may be a factor of why they can be put in.

I also suggest you try and read through the last 10-20 pages of this thread (sorry, I wish I could be more specific), looking for mine and flaq's various finding on this subject (especially flaq's) and hopefully it'll give you more of a clue of what mesh modding for this game is like.

Wong4, I know you are a very accomplished mesh modder, and all I can really say is just keep plugging away at it. You may discover something the rest of us hasn't. Just share any findings, as there's many of us that would love to know even the most minor of tricks.
              Last edited by wurlox; 12-27-2006, 02:21 PM.

"Your inability to make it work does not make it broken." -- kuropon
              >>>SB3 English Interface Mods<<<

Comment

• Originally posted by wurlox View Post
                If it is a body mesh...you may run into some serious issues.

You may have noticed that there are 6 .xx per body type, which bascialy breaks down as one mesh for each swimsuit type + 1 extra nude skin (no clothes) mesh.

Each clothing type has a full body mesh as well, and it was recently discovered that with some exceptions, the bodies are actually different in vert count for each clothing type.

So, for example, say you modded the bikini body mesh...bigger tits or something along those lines..that body mod will only work for the bikini style, you cannot get it into the one-piece mesh. You literally have to mod ALL six body meshes and put them back in...

Yeah..I know what you are think ALL SIX! Believe me I wish there was some other way. darkhound did a great bigger boob job and slim waisted Type-3 body (Reiko/Maria/Bael/Fei) based off the standard One_Piece swimsuit mesh, and I tried everthing I could think of to get it into the the other .xx files and RLU just would not do it without screwing up...
                These idiots at illusion not only use different vert counts for the 6 body types (or more precise for different single mesh objects that are part of the whole body), even if the vert count is the same, the points where the different parts of the body are put together vary from one to another. I even tried to create a unified body but without any success. If you go into oil/ecchi mode, the body gets completely ripped apart, just like the points where the different body parts are connected don't fit any longer.

Another big problem is, that they somehow store mesh information for some parts of the body (boobs, clothes) for oil/ecchi mode elsewhere too (probably in the .xm files). As a result even a perfectly done mod will not work once you enter oil/ecchi mode. So far I haven't been able to break into the xm files to do anything about this problem. The format how the mesh information is stored does not seem to be the same as in the .xx files.

I had some more success with body mods that work for gravur and for SB3 in normal dating mode (all done with body 6 - the nude one). Here are some previews.

First one complaining about the dark skin or the nipples get hits
                Last edited by darkhound; 12-27-2006, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• ^Now that is a mod I wouldn't mind having.
                  "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours it seems like two minutes.
                  When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours,
                  that's relativity."
                  -Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by darkhound View Post
                    Another big problem is, that they somehow store mesh information for some parts of the body (boobs, clothes) for oil/ecchi mode elsewhere too (probably in the .xm files). As a result even a perfectly done mod will not work once you enter oil/ecchi mode. So far I haven't been able to break into the xm files to do anything about this problem. The format how the mesh information is stored does not seem to be the same as in the .xx files.
                    The format in the xx file is a bit strange and it actually stores the vertices twice. But in some cases removes duplicated vertices if they occupy the same space, but it depends on the weighting also. Anyway, in the xx format it looks like this:
                    Code:
                    OBJECT 1
                      OBJECT INFO
                        MESH 1 (both faces and vertices)
                        MESH 2
                        MESH 3
                        etc..
                        DUPLICATED VERTICES
                    OBJECT 2
                      etc...
                    If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

Comment

• darkhound or anyone else do u know how to set up sb3+ to run with game assassin? i tried using the sb3plus.exe but nothing happened. was just wondering if any of u have tried it. thanks

Comment

• sexy beach 3 clothes gallery v0.3

I think some of you remember the clothes gallery for sexy beach 3 I posted some time ago. Now since the plus pack has come out there were a lot of new clothes to add. That's what I did in version 0.3. I made this gallery make life for the modders a little easier and to encourage more people to try their own mods.

What is included:
                        - short description of files and naming conventions
                        - all clothes from sexy beach 3 (and plus package)
                        - screenshots from all the clothes worn by maria
                        - filename of the texture file for the clothes together with corresponding pp file
                        - filename of the corresponding tanning file together with pp file
                        - heart rating for each of the clothes
                        - clothes type that is used (standard, round breasts, high waist, suspender, liftable bra)
                        - filename and pp file of the corresponding symbol file
                        - indication to know what is sb3 standard and what is plus package

What is not yet included:
                        - information about alpha channel "type" (a lot of clothes use the same alpha channel)
                        - accessories information

some preview pics:

and the download links
                        keepmyfile
                        sendspace
                        rapidshare

as always, enjoy - darkhound
                        Last edited by darkhound; 12-28-2006, 04:58 AM.

Comment

• to Shirakani:

hi dude, first of all, thanks for the translations on Sexy Beach 3's story dialogue... and patiently waiting (and drooling, lol) for Sexy Beach 3 PLUS's translations...

just a question though, is there a post (or wiki or txt) with some guidelines on how to change the story sequences for the girls in SB3 or in other Illusion games? i've kinda tried it myself but the game locks up and i don't get the correct text i want to appear for some reason...

well, just thought it could be fun to change the stuff that the characters say... even if the voices still say the same thing... lol...

thanks in advance!

Comment

• U think my ist.insert.ini is correctly configured?

sb3_0000_dir = C:\Program\illusion\SB3\data\sb3_0000\
                            sb3_data_dir = C:\Program\illusion\SB3\data\
                            sb3plus_0000_dir = C:\Program\illusion\SB3Plus\data\sb3x_1000\
                            sb3plus_data_dir = C:\Program\illusion\SB3Plus\data\
                            ilupak_dir =
                            ilupak01 = 0
                            loglevel = E
                            undofile01 = 1

Comment

• Originally posted by dab View Post
                              U think my ist.insert.ini is correctly configured?

sb3_0000_dir = C:\Program\illusion\SB3\data\sb3_0000\
                              sb3_data_dir = C:\Program\illusion\SB3\data\
                              sb3plus_0000_dir = C:\Program\illusion\SB3Plus\data\sb3x_1000\
                              sb3plus_data_dir = C:\Program\illusion\SB3Plus\data\
                              ilupak_dir =
                              ilupak01 = 0
                              loglevel = E
                              undofile01 = 1
                              omg normaly I just should ignore that post , maybe you check the damn readme file, that's what i wrote it for (that was a quote from the readme btw)
                              It explains what the 2 parameters "ilupak_dir" and ilupak01 are used for.
                              If you don't specify the ilupak_dir then nothing will be repacked automatically. Same for ilupak01 (1 = on = pack automatically / 0 = don't pack)
                              So if your settings work in the way I suppose you want it to work, it would be a bug ...

Comment

• Originally posted by darkhound View Post
                                omg normaly I just should ignore that post , maybe you check the damn readme file, that's what i wrote it for (that was a quote from the readme btw)
                                It explains what the 2 parameters "ilupak_dir" and ilupak01 are used for.
                                If you don't specify the ilupak_dir then nothing will be repacked automatically. Same for ilupak01 (1 = on = pack automatically / 0 = don't pack)
                                So if your settings work in the way I suppose you want it to work, it would be a bug ...
                                Well, i make all this things, unpaked sb3x_1000.pp, specified the directory for ilupak_dir on lst_insert.ini, 1 for the automatic pack, drag and dropped the file whit ur mod body type....but still dont work.

Dont need be so rude, nothing all are genius whit this things....

Comment

Working...
                                X