Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sexy Beach 3 Mods & English Translation (New And Improved!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] Sexy Beach 3 Mods & English Translation (New And Improved!)

Here it is once again, but don't expect ANY help (or any reply at all) from the modders at this point if you don't do your own homework.

No "Thank you for your hard work", general gameplay issues, or unnecessary posts. We want this
    thread to be easily browsable.

To all modders/translators:

If you have any thing you feel worthy of posting on the main page, please pm me with a link... I'll
    do my best to keep up, but at some points there is so much going on that it makes it difficult to
    not let something slip by.

Keep up the good work everyone!

The downloads will follow this format:
    name_of_file.extension [server(s) it's hosted on] - submitted by original
    poster

Links to other posts will just contain the url for the link.

FAQ

Tutorials:

################################################## ########

Where to get the mods:

Sexy Beach 3 Torrent

Complete English Patches for sb3 and sb3plus

################################################## ########
    ## Manual Patching #############################################

Uncensor Patch!

Tools

English INSTALLER

-----------------------------------------------
    Changelog:
    10/03/2006 01:00est - Thread (re)created
    10/03/2006 01:30est - General layout added/started adding links(TheShadow's exe and dummy.bmp)
    10/03/2006 01:53est - More links added (wurlox's english translations)
    10/03/2006 02:03est - Tweaking the layout a bit because I'm too damn anal...
    10/03/2006 09:02est - Added Dili's Illusionist tool and link to submission Guidelines
    10/04/2006 12:02est - Added Dili's SB3 materials site and update wurlox's Interface submission
    10/04/2006 12:42est - Added Afker's SB3 wiki
    10/05/2006 01:08est - Added flaq's system messages script
    10/05/2006 07:58est - Added sync's installer for wurlox's 2.5 t/l patch
    10/06/2006 20:13est - Updated link to the Illusionist 1.01
    10/06/2006 20:14est - Updated link to TheShadow's no-exe
    10/06/2006 20:17est - Updated link to the Mod Submission Guidelines
    10/06/2006 20:24est - Added link to shirakani's Manami script (FTW)
    10/08/2006 17:15est - Updated link for script system messages to refer to post, not individual file per u/l request
    10/14/2006 02:19est - Updated link for wurlox's button translation (wow, 6 days between updates... am I a slacker, or is this just really easy-going?)
    10/15/2006 19:28est - Added link for Reiko's story translation
    10/17/2006 08:44est - Updated wurlox's English interface to 3.5 and add TheShadow's english converter (to change directory names and registry values)
    10/21/2006 05:34est - Added a section and a link for the uncensor patch....
    10/22/2006 18:47est - Added Esk's story translation
    10/29/2006 08:47est - Added DarkHound's clothes gallery to the Modding tools
    11/03/2006 12:07est - Added mirage's t/l bundle
    11/09/2006 22:52est - Added Inquisitor's SB3 modified exe w/US keys (dunno how, but it slipped past me before, even with a pm... sorry Inquisitor! )
    11/12/2006 07:58est - Added Shirakani's story script for Maria
    11/14/2006 07:58est - Added Afker's .92 uncensor patch
    11/26/2006 22:30est - Added Shirakani's story script for Eo
    11/29/2006 09:00est - Added link to wurlox's mesh modding tutorial
    11/29/2006 09:00est - Update links to afker's sb3 gameplay wiki (renamed to IllusionGames wiki)
    11/29/2006 18:10est - Added link to Inquisitor's SB3 English Translation Patch Installer (and removed the other, obsolete links)
    11/30/2006 20:12est - Added link to aervan's English installer torrent
    12/04/2006 16:26est - Added link to DarkHound's lst tools(sorry it took so long, death in the family)
    12/16/2006 19:42est - Added link to flaq's slit mod
    12/22/2006 08:54est - Repopulated first post - raving mode off, for now...
    12/29/2006 16:45est - Added update RLUtility by windstorm
    01/06/2007 09:51est - Added bmp->jpg converter by breveglieri
    01/07/2007 22:48est - Added Sexy Beach 3 tech help wiki link by happy321
    01/14/2007 20:56est - Added Inquisitor's english patch installer
    01/20/2007 10:52est - Added SB3 Spanish Interface mod by ovejanegra
    01/20/2007 18:48est - Added SB3 Sound Mods by NeonSamurai
    04/28/2011 80:00est - Complete edit for the first post
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-17-2014, 08:33 AM. Reason: Fix wiki link

Asleep at the wheel

• I did it,I did it.

I'm about half way done with my very first mod!!What I am doing is giving each girl her very own pussy.I want to release all the girls together in one package ,so it will be a little while yet.But here is a pic of what i have so far. Let me know what you think of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SB3P..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	4786222

Thanks to Wurlox for his post on working with meshes,it help me alot even though i'm working on textures instead.I think i have that post burnt into my mind from reading it so many times .Also thanks to ALL the modders you guys rock.I have disected alot of mods (to many to list everyones) to find how they work.Thanks guys .
    Hentai,fun for girl and boy,fun for everyone!
    Live long,PLAY HARD.

Comment

• Originally posted by breveglieri View Post
      ... change the girls' lipstick color?
      Genius! Absolutely awesome. I couldn't give you more reps so I had to do this public.

Comment

• Released my complete installer for SB3 And SB3PLUS. I almost didn't do it because my hard drive messed up twice while so I ended up having to re write the script a total of 3 times -_-.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64744

Comment

• Originally posted by breveglieri View Post
          Since you can already change the girls' Hair color, Hands and toes nail color, eyes color and now pubic hair color why not let you change the girls' lipstick color?

Well, that's why I'm releasing my new program:

Lipstick Color Editor

Link is on my signature!

I've also updated my PHColor to Version 1.3! Now you can load a different alpha channel from another file, to change the pubic hair shape. Link is on my signature
          Curious about hair color. Has there been a mod that allows for the basic hair color to be changed or is this too complicated. Right now Maria is the only one I'm happy with since it has a platinum blond base. For instance trying to make any of the other gals hair white just turns ugly. A base white for all girls would be nice (for when we have completed the game.)

Anyone tried or trying this yet?

BTW excellent mods.

Comment

• Originally posted by dctrjons View Post
            Curious about hair color. Has there been a mod that allows for the basic hair color to be changed or is this too complicated. Right now Maria is the only one I'm happy with since it has a platinum blond base. For instance trying to make any of the other gals hair white just turns ugly. A base white for all girls would be nice (for when we have completed the game.)

Anyone tried or trying this yet?

BTW excellent mods.
            Ah..yeah, Illusion really didn't think the colored hair through..they should have desaturated the color first and all they did was just reuse the same files from the regular hairs.

Been wanting to do some sorta' hair mod anyway..think I'll start by trying to fix this.

"Your inability to make it work does not make it broken." -- kuropon
            >>>SB3 English Interface Mods<<<

Comment

• Originally posted by wurlox View Post
              Been wanting to do some sorta' hair mod anyway..think I'll start by trying to fix this.
              You know I've been dying to see some new hair. Mwahahaha!

HF-Modding/Translation Club Member #16
              Profound aesthetic beauty...or shaded, sensory corruption?

Comment

• BotuPlay cameo in SB3

Sendspace link
                Rapidshare link

Directions
                Unpack sb3_0510.pp using Ilupak.
                Copy "di00_12_00_00_00.xx" & "di00_12_00_00_00.xa" from the zip to the "sb3_0510" directory.
                Repack sb3_0510 using Ilupak.
                Go into the popsicle dating scene at the Beach where she's sitting on the pier.
                Last edited by Alamar; 02-12-2007, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• WOW!

Originally posted by Alamar View Post
                  Sendspace link
                  Rapidshare link

Directions
                  Unpack sb3_0510.pp using Ilupak.
                  Copy "di00_12_00_00_00.xx" & "di00_12_00_00_00.xa" from the zip to the "sb3_0510" directory.
                  Repack sb3_0510 using Ilupak.
                  Go into the popsicle dating scene at the Beach.
                  OK

This is possibly one of the, if not THE biggest mod I think that can be done!

I had to post a pic so people can see what Alamar teased us with...

Alamar, no amount of reps can do this justice...if there is ANYWAY to get RL Girls into this game other then what you have shown us here...Please don't keep us in suspense..I would kill to have Aoi in this game..even it means the clothing may not fit for the time being.

Maybe a tutorial on just how something like this was done so it can give the rest of us a clue on how difficult it is or isn't...

I am just stunned at your tireless digging into the animations..hope to see more!

Last edited by wurlox; 02-12-2007, 12:13 AM.

"Your inability to make it work does not make it broken." -- kuropon
                  >>>SB3 English Interface Mods<<<

Comment

• hi i seem to be haveing some trouble with two clothes mods. the bible black and the blue jeans. i'm guess theres not enough room in special. i was wondering if the was a mod or something that can fix this problem or if anybody else has this problem. the thing is the game registers them both since in the skirts accessories the bible black skirts are still there execpt i have no suit and when i reload the bible black i lose blue jeans.

is there any way to add another slot?

Comment

• Holly shnike.

That pic of sexy beachotu? is funny.Thumbs up. About my individual pussy mod,I think i had a change of heart.Originally i was going with 512 res but I think i'm going to change to 1024 res.This changes file size by alot ,as you modders know, so i'm going to be releasing them as i finish them( that is if anyone is interested in them).Take a look at the difference of what will be my first one to release, hopefully monday or tuesday.What do you think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bael.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	4786231

I felt that the lips were a little on the light side,so i darkened them.I also got the pubic hair looking better than i had it before.Check ya later!
                      Last edited by Hentai Lover; 02-12-2007, 01:46 AM.
                      Hentai,fun for girl and boy,fun for everyone!
                      Live long,PLAY HARD.

Comment

• @Alamar
                        Whoa! SB3 modding scene will skyrocket now that you've come up with ways to mod animations! And add characters, too! Brilliant! You even got me out of lurking just to say that, I think, you've achieved lightning-bolts-wielding-unbelievers-smiting-hentai-universe-ruling full-mod-god status. Can't wait to see what your SB3Utility could do when its full potentials are being unleashed upon the unsuspecting masses of HongFire. When can we expect more details, and maybe, some kind of tutorials?

I know what I would do with the new-found knowledge: find a way to add a character for girls to play volleyball with. It's absurdly idiotic how the ball just bounce around out of thin air like what we currently have. Err, that is, when I find the spare time. Or the brainpower to even begin to understand how animations modding works.

All in all, kudos and reps to you! And what, all these only at his 14th post? Man, for some people, action does speak louder than words.

Last edited by Schlafwandler; 02-12-2007, 07:59 AM. Reason: Typos
                        "I wonder whether the next 3D game from illusion would be as modder-friendly as Sexy Beach 3..."

Comment

• base hair color mod for Manami

base hair color mod for Manami, to allow for better looking custom made hair colors.

Instructions and download here
                          HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

Comment

• Jeez, do I really have to hold your hand through this? As requested, here's a tutorial for adding a custom dating scene. Basically, I'll go through what I did to make the BotuPlay cameo mod. This isn't a guide to replace a main character. At the end, I'll talk about what I think you need to do for that.

The latest version of SB3Utility is here.
                            What's missing in SB3Utility is the ability to import meshes & materials from the DirectX .x file format. I'll add this in soon. So, the meshes I used were already in .pp files.

Most 3D programs can export to the DirectX .x file format, sometimes with the help of a plugin.

Importing Data From BotuPlay
                            Spoiler
                            First, I figured out what .pp files were loaded using Process Monitor. "rpbd_42.pp" and "rpsp_01.pp" had the data I needed. How can you tell? Extract the scenes and look at them (like with Mesh Viewer from the DirectX SDK)

So, "rpbd_42.pp" has the body meshes and animations. I opened "018_acx.xx" and added the entire object tree (frames, bones & meshes), materials, and textures to a new .x workspace.

Next is attaching the heads from "rpsp_01.pp". After some digging around, I ended up opening "018_acx.plst" in a hex editor and negated the file.

"ak00_00.xx" has Manaka's head and "ck_00_00.xx" has Yuuko's. How do you know? Again, extract and look at them.
                            "a_Kp_kubi2" shows up in the hex editor, so I looked and found the frame name in "018_acx.xx"

I guessed that's where Manaka's head goes, so I added "a_Nz_kao" there with a Mesh Material Index offset of 33 (the number of materials already added)

Then I added all the Materials and Textures from "ak00_00.xx" to the lists already in the workspace. You can select the "Materials" nodes to add the whole lists.

Repeat the process for Yuuko's head. Add "c_Nz_kao" under the "c_Kp_kubi2" frame with a Mesh Material Index offset of 47. Then add all the materials and textures.

Now, we're going to replace the popsicle dating item in Sexy Beach 3. Open up "di00_12_00_00_00.xx" in "sb3_0510.pp".
                            Add "o01_N_Ice" to the "SCENE_ROOT" in the .x workspace with a Mesh Material Index offset of 64. Then add the materials and textures.

Now, select both "All_Root" nodes and click "Replace". Do the same for the "Materials" and "Textures" nodes.
                            If you extract the scene now, you'll notice the heads aren't attached. By accident, I found out that you need to set the "a_Nz_kao" and "c_Nz_kao" frame matrices to identity matrices. Select the frame and and click "Set Identity Matrix" and "Apply" for each in the Frame tab.
                            Yay, you're done with the meshes.

Adding the Animations
                            Spoiler
                            Open "018_acx.xa" in "rpbd_42.pp".
                            Select all items in the Skeletal list and click "Extract".
                            Open the newly created .x file.
                            Open "dt00_12_00_00_00.xa" in "sb3_0510.pp". The Skeletal animations have 341 indexes, so that will be your Target Length.
                            Open "di00_12_00_00_00.xa" in "sb3_0510.pp". Set "Target Length" to 341, "Repeat Start" to 12, "Repeat End" to 51, and "Trim Start" to 2. I'll explain these later.
                            Select all items in the .x File Animations list and click "Add".
                            Now, you're done with the animations. You can save the .pp and use it in-game.

If you have less indexes for the dating item than in the dating scene file "dt...", I think the last transformation is applied cumulatively for the remaining missing indexes.
                            If you have more indexes, the dating item animation will be truncated.
                            The "Repeat Start" and "Repeat End" say which indexes to copy to fill up the Target Length. I think the first indexes are created by 3D editors to get the meshes into position.
                            Through trial and error, 12 and 51 for Repeat Start/End seemed to work well.
                            In-game, some number of the first indexes are discarded. I don't know where to find that number. Through trial and error, if you don't trim the first indexes by 2, you can see an animation glitch in-game when it repeats.

Positioning the Animation
                            Spoiler
                            You can add an animation to the top-level frame of a mesh with some translation and rotation coordinates. It just happens that the initial position for the BotuPlay animation fits perfectly on the ocean shore.
                            Keep in mind that the position is relative to where the dating scene starts.
                            I don't know if the animation speed is fixed or stored in some variable.

Vertex Animations: Facial Expressions
                            Spoiler
                            If you noticed, there was only one facial expression each for Manaka and Yuuko.
                            That is because vertex animations are controlled by the game to match talking, etc., and I only know how to control skeletal animations.
                            I replaced Manaka's face mesh with one of the other vertex animation meshes from "an00_01.xa" in "rpsp_01.pp".
                            There is a crude way of adding vertex animations. You can basically load all vertex animation meshes. Then have skeletal animations to set the scaling of one mesh to 1 in one index. In the rest of the indexes, the scaling is set to 0, so only one of the meshes is visible at a time.

Replacing Main Characters
                            Spoiler
                            The character you're importing needs to have the same bone structure to fit the animations. RapeLay has different frame/bone structures than SB3, so you'll need to morph them and maybe add/delete frames/bones to fit one of the SB3 body types. I don't know how difficult that'll be. Or you can edit the animations for one body type to fit your character, but that would deform the other characters that use the same body type. Maybe you can just replace the head?
                            Last edited by Alamar; 02-21-2007, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Archon Wings mod

Set of Archon Wings, for your little archon

Comment

• Originally posted by wurlox View Post
                                Some of the other talented new guys have apparently left already...Afker and Ray Wing pop into mind for me..maybe they simply got bored, but at this point whose to say...
                                Ray Wing is still here I have returned today from my business trip to Siberia, where I had been enjoying -35 C for three weeks, now I need some time to catch up with recent tools and mods.

PS: OMG, I see animation modding!
                                I see bears from my window... Right now they are drinking vodka and playing balalaikas.

Comment

Working...
                                X