Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HF-Modding/Translation Club

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HF-Modding/Translation Club

    Been discussing with wurlox the possibility of opening a club exclusively for the members of HongFire that are dedicated to the translating and/or modding of the various japanese games (or whatever) that pop up.
    The main purpose of establishing the club is to hopefully be given full club status, so that we can moderate/maintain our own threads without cluttering up the main forums. This will also help cut down on the work load of our already overworked moderators.

    Here are some projects that our members are working on:

    NEW PROJECT
    Lovedeath ~Realtime Lovers~ by Teatime (Undergoing translation)

    Manga:
    Tanpo: Covers: Vol1 Vol2 Vol3 Vol4 Vol5

    H-Game:
    Polygon Love:
    Sexy Beach 3
    Rapelay
    Artificial Girl 2

    The club would be broken up into it's multiple facets (translating, editing, mod designers), if we ever reach official status. Also, each project could have multiple threads in the club section, with a supporting release thread in the appropriate section of hongfire (i.e. an SB3 mod release thread in the hentai games section).

    Members so far: (in order of application to become a member)
    01. kuropon
    02. wurlox
    03. TheShadow
    04. nobody123
    05. Shirakani
    06. Algester
    07. wkit23
    08. Afker
    09. Krontn
    10. Koto
    11. darkhound
    12. InquisitorNik
    13. RawMonk
    14. aervans
    15. Phoenix Rising
    16. Limbonik
    17. animeniac
    18. warior
    19. Schlafwandler
    20. Dibbley2
    21. Ray Wing
    22. TRAC
    23. Doom3k
    24. Anand
    25. flaq
    26. took
    27. Dili
    28. MasterLupin
    29. Tenchi-Kun
    30. Ragnaroky
    31. hlokenende
    32. NeonSamurai
    33. smileynator
    34. Suzuran
    35. alessi
    36. wong4
    37. windstorm
    38. Talon87
    39. LibraRyan
    40. breveglieri
    41. finwave
    42. bubkal
    43. KrenSauce
    44. byblo
    45. Alamar
    46. MaxDante
    Last edited by kuropon; 02-11-2007, 12:33 PM.

    Asleep at the wheel

  • Originally posted by windstorm View Post
    Having worked in the game industry I would recommend a different approach to exporting/importing 3D stuff in SB3. Right now tools like RLUtility export to a given file format that suits a particular editing tool. The problem with this approach is that it's very error prone because we are going straight from the original binary to a specific editing tool format. We might loose important info during the export/import process because the editing tool format may not support all the data found in the SB3 files. Instead I would recommend writing an export/import tool that reads and writes to a readable intermediate XML format that contains 100% of the original SB3 data. The exporter/importer could also be exposed as a library. Then we we can create converters from that XML format to any format that fits specific editing tools. Having an intermediate XML format also clearly exposes all the concepts found in the SB3 files. The XML files could also be validated with an XML schema without having to load them in the game. It is just so much easier to debug data problems in XML text files than in binary files.

    Just my 2 cents.
    Hmm, sounds like an interesting idea. I've been working on an importer/exporter for varius formats like mqo, ma and obj (only mqo is done and it's a crappy format). This approach would make it simple to actually be able to generate a complete xx file straight from xml. Though it will require additional work to import/export those files.
    If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

    Comment


    • Originally posted by took View Post
      Flaq and Modders.

      I made the new set of texture which change the UV-Channel of the pubic and little touch-up on the pussy.
      I test it out by replacing your slit_uncensor_v0.6 in the girls_textures_plus. It work well for all girls except Fei. Is it because you put in the hard modification (by HexEdit in the .pp file for Fei)? Not sure why Fei texture in girls_texture_plus was not use while the others girls are all work.

      Here is the link to where I post the this new texture (Fei is included but not work???).
      http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1699

      took
      Happy new year everyone! Let's see what Illusion give us this year...

      took, texture for Fei is inside .xx file. It's not working the same way as for other girls... That's pain. I'll inject your texture in next release.

      Still fighting with weights because in extreme positions some vertexes deforms incorectly. I'm trying to find a way to import mesh with bones into maya to find correct weights...

      Some findings about weights, maybe not new for you guys, but new for me.
      Each vertex has four or less bones conected. There four ints for bones, those ints are indexes for bones which are defined after mesh. Now, there's three weights. Not sure about that but if you add weights that should give you 1. If that adding not give you 1, remaining value is weight for bone number 4. That's just guesses.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by flaq View Post
        took, texture for Fei is inside .xx file. It's not working the same way as for other girls... That's pain. I'll inject your texture in next release.
        Thanks a lot, would you like to test it out first (it look fine in Eo body I tested) not sure why original Fei testure in your patch have the disconnct between Hair and Puzz...

        Comment


        • The xx file format doc

          Here's all the information I have gathered about the xx file format. I've been adding to this documnent all the time when I've found any new info. It's still not complete, but I'll keep adding to this document until it hopefully covers every field in the xx file.

          History:
          2007-01-02: Updated xx_fileformat doc to version 3. New info added for user interface meshes.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RawMonk; 01-01-2007, 07:13 PM.
          If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wong4 View Post
            That's a great idea. I would be happy to modify the meshes with a more sophisticated piece of software than the one we have to use currently. Cinema4D, 3D Studio Max or even Maya are way better than Metasequoia and would enable us to create way better mods.
            I`m working in 3dsmax with 3rd party .mqo plugin. It imports perfectly, but exported .mqo do not match RL Utility one, because it contains a lot of redundant info, so I have to cut and paste vertex section from new .mqo to old one with notepad and then insert it into .xx.
            I see bears from my window... Right now they are drinking vodka and playing balalaikas.

            Comment


            • RLUtility

              Originally posted by windstorm View Post
              I am a programmer with a good understanding of 3D stuff like meshes and animations and I am interested in helping making full imports/exports for those things. I know C++ and .Net pretty well. I recently did a simple mod for the RLUtility.
              Maybe, if you like, you can take a closer look at RLUtility and try to get rid of this bug:

              My intention is to edit the body meshes from sb3_510.pp. I open up bo01-01-00-00-00-00.xx and click on the mesh o01_P_Body. RLUtility tells me that this mesh has 8920 vertices. I click on "Save mqo" and then take a closer look at the saved file. But inthe saves file there are 26 meshes in the file with an overall of 9214 vertices. Where do those additional 294 vertices come from ??

              When I try to write that mqo file back into the .pp file using the "Overwrite" function, RLUtility crashes with an "out of array bounds" error. Obviously there is "not enough room" for the bigger vertex count. With the "Replace" function, RLUtility does not crash, but when I start up SB3 the mesh lacks of any animation in the game. Even when I write back the last 8 bytes (you can see at the lower right hand corner of the window of RLUtility), I dont get the full animation back. SB3 does only a VERY basic animation (rotation around the hips).

              After replacing a body mesh with the "Replace" function, RLUtility tells me that the mesh in the .pp file now has 9214 vertices.

              This problem only occurs with the body mesh. Other meshes (head, hair, nd so on) are working fine with the "Overwrite" function. And there is also no difference in the number of vertices when I extract and reinsert a .mqo file.

              The only "big" difference between the body mesh and all the other meshes is, that the body mesh is divided into 26 sub-meshes. All the other meshes consist of only one mesh in the .mqo files.

              I hope you can do something with this info and "repair" the tool.
              (Unofficial) HF-modding / translation Club Member #36

              Comment


              • Ok, here we go, finally, after a LOT of delays, rewrites, and headbanging the desk. Maya's story is done. I thought Reiko's was the worst but this takes the ABSOLUTE cake...Formal/roleplay, i can deal, there's research material... Made up sounds and casual slang? Shoot me, please... The actual translation for the story was done probably 3 days after the release of the expansion, what took this long to release it is rewriting from a basic, literal word for word translation into emotive, living english.

                Translation notes: Where do I even begin... When i posted the 'valley girl' question, it was mostly to suss out what people would want for the overly chippy bits that really DO come across as valley girl talk. Due to the overwhelmingly negative response, i didn't do that and simply opted to use some 'overly casual' english words like 'dunno', 'whacha mean?' etc etc.

                What else, in one section, Maya pulled a Kuradoberi Jam and ended every sentence with 'aru'. Of course this has absolutely NO MEANING whatsoever, so i just tossed up a catchy, really annoying equivalent. Wurlox, Kuropon and wkit23 will know what i'm talking about after we tried it out on IRC, it really IS contagious

                What else, the term that gave me a lot of trouble was when both your player char and Maya started using the term 'choi waru', took me a bit to work out it was a slur of 'chou' meaning 'super' or 'really' (extremely). No english equivalent, hence the use of EBIL in that section. Why? The way it's conveyed between the two has that sort of nonsensical undertone. They're not serious at all, so saying it seriously is well, not fitting. The use of a lot of emote faces (^o^) on Maya's part is also intentional, that amount of perkiness just cannot be conveyed in text alone. All in all, it was an absolute CHORE trying to convey Maya's emotions in the text. Yes i know you can listen to her voice, but it'd be too boring of a translation then wouldn't it?

                In any case, Sexy Beach 3 is finally fully englished! My work is mostly done, but not quite yet. To InquisitorNik or Aervans, or anyone else who's thinking of doing an updater pack, small request;

                PLEASE DON'T MAKE AN ENGLISH UPDATER YET!

                I'm going to go through everything, do some improvements/fixes, then post a complete pack of all the scripts in one, it's probably best to use that so you don't have to update the updater later. To everyone else, if you've noticed any spelling mistakes, border overflows, spacing oddities or the like, now's the time to let me know. Please PM me any errors you find and i'll fix them asap.

                Thanks to Rawmonk again for his SubDecrypter tool. Without him NONE of this would have been possible, so make sure he gets the reps he deserves! Thanks also go out to wkit23 for helping with base translations on a number of the scripts, it really does speed up the process of editing/fixing if there's already a raw base to work off. Hell, thanks to everyone in this amazing community that I really feel priviledged to have been allowed to be a part of. All the mods done here are simply amazing, what I've done is but a mere pittance of what all the geniuses here have done. Just truly unbelievable guys.

                Well, enough out of me! Enjoy the game
                Attached Files
                Remember kids, you can't spell ignorance without IGN.

                Comment


                • Well I just tried it out and I think her "slang" seems just right. I have been waiting for this one and can't wait to go through her whole story.

                  Shirakani!!!11!!

                  Originally posted by Shirakani View Post
                  PLEASE DON'T MAKE AN ENGLISH UPDATER YET!
                  Well alright, I will wait for your final release.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Shirakani View Post
                    Wurlox, Kuropon and wkit23 will know what i'm talking about after we tried it out on IRC, it really IS contagious
                    I have no idea what you're talking about, yo... At least the t/l is done and you can relax a bit now, yo... Maybe look at that other t/l I talked to you about, yo?

                    Asleep at the wheel

                    Comment


                    • Realy nice job on the hair textures took
                      Also great work on the translation Shirakani and wkit23

                      Well im finaly able to start on my sound mod. My current plan is to do 2 versions one using tweeked sounds from Rapelay, and the other using real sounds. Im also planning on doing a real sound version for Rapelay at the same time. The real sounds versions will have to wait till my family leaves as its kind of hard to skim for good sex sounds from porno movies with them in the house

                      So far i am in the initial testing phase of maping out exactly where and when each sound is used for sb3 and Rapelay (done by inserting in a recording of me saying the file number of each file). Unfortunatly it looks like the squirt squirt male orgasm sound is not one single sound file but the same sound file looped 3 times, so im going to have to alter my plan for that.

                      Anyhow expect the first beta in 2 weeks or so

                      Edit: I decided to drop the one for sb3 using tweeked rapelay sounds, as the sounds are near identical, just the game uses them at a lower sound volume in rapelay so they sound better in that game. Still gona do the "realistic" versions though
                      Last edited by NeonSamurai; 01-02-2007, 11:30 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Wong4 View Post
                        Maybe, if you like, you can take a closer look at RLUtility and try to get rid of this bug:

                        My intention is to edit the body meshes from sb3_510.pp. I open up bo01-01-00-00-00-00.xx and click on the mesh o01_P_Body. RLUtility tells me that this mesh has 8920 vertices. I click on "Save mqo" and then take a closer look at the saved file. But inthe saves file there are 26 meshes in the file with an overall of 9214 vertices. Where do those additional 294 vertices come from ??

                        When I try to write that mqo file back into the .pp file using the "Overwrite" function, RLUtility crashes with an "out of array bounds" error. Obviously there is "not enough room" for the bigger vertex count. With the "Replace" function, RLUtility does not crash, but when I start up SB3 the mesh lacks of any animation in the game. Even when I write back the last 8 bytes (you can see at the lower right hand corner of the window of RLUtility), I dont get the full animation back. SB3 does only a VERY basic animation (rotation around the hips).

                        After replacing a body mesh with the "Replace" function, RLUtility tells me that the mesh in the .pp file now has 9214 vertices.

                        This problem only occurs with the body mesh. Other meshes (head, hair, nd so on) are working fine with the "Overwrite" function. And there is also no difference in the number of vertices when I extract and reinsert a .mqo file.

                        The only "big" difference between the body mesh and all the other meshes is, that the body mesh is divided into 26 sub-meshes. All the other meshes consist of only one mesh in the .mqo files.

                        I hope you can do something with this info and "repair" the tool.

                        I'm going to take a look at that, I suspect I know what might be going on...

                        Comment


                        • Purpose of duplicated vertex list?

                          Has anyone figured the exact reason for the existence of that second vertex list in the mesh format?

                          Comment


                          • Trojan warning!

                            Uhh, I don't know if this is the right thing to post here, but please be cautioned: an ad (I think) running here on the forum is in actuality a trojan, goes by the name 'Kernels88.exe'. Chaps running the browser Opera needn't be concerned, since it recognize the malware and just freeze/shutdown itself before the trojan could spread. So self-respecting modders who wouldn't be caught dead using IE would have the least of a problem. But misguided souls running IE, especially older versions on non-SP2 WinXP, could be infected. Just try to run Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del), if it said "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator.", there's a good chance that your machine is already infected.

                            For those unfortunate souls (me included), here's a link on how you could re-enable Task Manager. Err, how do we notify the HF authorities about this? Will a mod read this post?
                            "I wonder whether the next 3D game from illusion would be as modder-friendly as Sexy Beach 3..."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Schlafwandler View Post
                              Uhh, I don't know if this is the right thing to post here, but please be cautioned: an ad (I think) running here on the forum is in actuality a trojan, goes by the name 'Kernels88.exe'. Chaps running the browser Opera needn't be concerned, since it recognize the malware and just freeze/shutdown itself before the trojan could spread. So self-respecting modders who wouldn't be caught dead using IE would have the least of a problem. But misguided souls running IE, especially older versions on non-SP2 WinXP, could be infected. Just try to run Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del), if it said "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator.", there's a good chance that your machine is already infected.

                              For those unfortunate souls (me included), here's a link on how you could re-enable Task Manager. Err, how do we notify the HF authorities about this? Will a mod read this post?
                              Maybe you should install Spybot Search & Destroy, in my opinion the best program to prevent those problems, together with a good Anti Virus program it's the best way to protect your computer.
                              Defqon.1 Festival 2014
                              Survival Of The Fittest
                              2014/06/27-29
                              Evenemententerrein Biddinghuizen / Walibi World Netherlands
                              HF-Hentai Member #200
                              Playing: World of Warcraft - Realm: Zirkel des Cenarius RP-PVE German / Guild: Ritter der Sonnenwende / Mainchar: Nagaseyruun (lvl 90 Hunter)
                              Paused: The Exiled Realm of Arborea - Realm: Hasmina PVE German / Guild: Der wahre Blutmond / Mainchar: Nagaseyruun (lvl 27 Archer)
                              Also playing: Minecraft & Tomb Raider (2013)

                              Comment


                              • Hi friends,

                                I hope my question isn´t too dumb...
                                I just wanted to create some more realistic "Fei-skin" as I noticed, that the Fei in my game doesn´t even use her original skin. Do I have somehow to reset her skin like using whitener (not possible with Fei)? Can someone give me a hint?

                                Happy new year
                                Krontn
                                Attached Files
                                Project Pandora for AG3 - currently frozen - unfinished textures
                                Real Girlfriend
                                - v0.3 (HiRez) in development - Girley mod v0.2

                                HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

                                -removed NSFW image

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X