(Illusion) Artificial Academy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Translation] (Illusion) Artificial Academy

This thread is for discussing the translation of dialogues and any other text that appears in the game in the form of subtitles.

Currently the translation team consists of Milfeulle, Geshtar, nachttod, syberz, vidocq, A to da G, Snoopy (and more, I'll edit the list when I figure out who). A big thank you to all of them

In short, there is a google document (spreadsheet) available to translators with all the text lines. Translators edit the initial (machine) translations and color them so that it is clear that the translation was updated. Periodically I download the spreadsheet and apply the translations to game files and then attach the result.

Translators: please remember to color your changes on the google doc and don't worry about open/close quotes, the program now handles that automatically (ie it has the option to keep the quotes the way they are in the original text so even if you delete them they will reappear in the game).

Released mod(s) can be found in the mod release thread: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...04#post3261804

EDIT by Inquisitor:

Current status
    Anything that is not listed with a status after the colon is still in it's Alpha phase.

System: Complete
    Sweet: Complete
    Selfish: Complete
    Mistress: Complete
    Pleasant: Complete
    Innocent: Complete
    Dark: Complete
    Tense: Complete
    Aloof:
    Casual: Complete
    Humble: Complete
    Ditzy:
    Rough:
    Affable: Complete
    Faithful: Complete
    Obscene: Alpha V2
    Quiet: Complete
    Calm:
    Brave: Complete
    Big Sister: Complete
    Empress:Complete
    Handsome:Complete
    Soft: Complete
    Eloquent: Complete
    Violent: Complete
    Manly: Complete
    Cold:
    Time Based Events: Complete
    Last edited by TSR; 05-10-2014, 06:57 AM. Reason: Update status

I'll be providing info with the kanjis which should help more or less

Okay, what I know so far:

- lines which contain "帰" (return (means go home)) are with "let's go home together" conversations, not for sex, just going home and the day will end

- "一緒" means "together", all lines which contain these two words should be related with doing some activies together

more is coming

Comment

Awesome. Good luck with the project
      I'll postpone my first playthrough until It's finished-

Comment

lines contain "嫌" are mostly about "dislike something"

lines with "勉強" are related with study

"飯" means "meal"

lines with "練習" are related with excercise

"明日" = tomorrow

"昼食" ("food during the day") related with lunch

"図書室" = library

"弁当" = lunch, packed in lunchbox as showed in many animes

"食", food/to eat, see above

"宿題" = homework

"精液" = semen

"射精" (shoot semen) = to cum (males only of course)

"膣内射精" = to cum inside

"残念" = regretful / a pity

"大丈夫" = everything is alright / (sometimes as question)
        when you want somebody to stop worry about something or about you, for example if a guy deflowered a girl, the girl can say "大丈夫" which tells him that she's fine (mustn't be true of course)
        also used when people ask other if they are okay
        it's like:
        "大丈夫?" (you okay?)
        "大丈夫" (yeah I'm fine)

"処女" = virgin

"痛" = pain, can be found most in "after first time sex" conversation

"選" = choose / select
        guess can be found in conversations related with "choose one of us two event"

"猥褻" = perverted
        "猥褻行為" = pervert action

"気持" = "feels good"
        the "kimouchi" or whatever stuff, I bet you already heard this word a million times

"責任" = responsibility
        have seen the line with these words once, I GUESS it means "not I'm not virgin anymore, please take responsibility"

"乳首" = nipples

"弱点" = weakspot

"舐" = lick

"鼻" = nose

"身体" = body

"唇" = lips

"舌" = tongue
        most seen in kiss lines

"席を外" don't know the exact meanning, but quite sure it appears only in lines when the player is asked to get out of the area
        if you see "席" and "外" in one line, the line is 99% about to ask the player to leave

"部活動" = club activity
        in some lines also "部活"

"馬鹿" = baka, you know what that means, right?

"今日" = today
        "危険" = danger
        "今日は危険日" = today is not a safe day (yeah, you get it)

"判断" = decide / determine / judge
        most seen in lines when confession is turned down, "if you decide so...."

"愛液" = love juice (you know what it means)

"妊娠" = pregnancy

"可愛" = kawaii

"私の処女膜" = my hymen
        "私" = I
        "私の" = my (see how it works?)

"普通" = normal
        said by some girls when using the "how are you" button

"中出" means to cum inside, too

"今日が安全日" = today is a safe day

"挿" = stick / insert

"調子"
        meaning unknown yet, but most seen when girl ask how you doing
        I would translate it as "mood"

"元気" = energy
        most seen in lines when girls cheer you up

"何" = how/what
        used in lines like ".... hmm, what did you say?" or "how did you slept last night?"

"疲" = tired
        most seen when you greet the girl in the morning and ask how they doing , some will say they didn't slept enough

"飲" = drink
        most seen in after sex lines when girls drinked your cum

"恥" = shame
        most seen in lines when girls are ashamed or call you shameless

"甘いな" is translated in this doc as "naive", the first kanji is the name of the first girl personality, but it was translated as "sweet", that's how different translation can be if you only look at one single kanji

"触" = touch

"腹空" (belly empty) = hungry

"尻" = ass
        most seen in fondle and kiss (don't ask me why, I dunno) lines

"愛情の証" = proof of love

"貧乳" = flat chest

"準備" = prepare
        "準備運動" = warm up
        seen most in sport activity lines, many npcs will say that it's important to do warm ups

"期待" = expect

"待" = wait
        appears most in lines with "let's meet at ....."
        don't mix it up with "期待" (expect)

update from time to time
        Last edited by A to da G; 06-21-2011, 02:25 AM.

Comment

all lines contain ♪ are translated with "d"

in game it appears when girls laugh, once it's confirmed I think we can replace all ♪

or replacing all the "d"s maybe even better

----------

and what is with this @ ?
          Haven't seen it in the game yet at all.
          Last edited by A to da G; 06-20-2011, 02:43 AM.

Comment

just wanna say that if anyone's downloading the program, do tell. lol my internet's pretty dam slow at the moment its gonna restart around 3rd july

Comment

Originally posted by A to da G View Post

in game it appears when girls laugh, once it's confirmed I think we can replace all ♪

----------

You need to set the format to japanese in your regional setting to see the japanese characters in this game, even the "♪" and the @ is used in stead of a name with lines like "be nice with @" IG appear like that "be nice with [character name]"

don't worry I tested the translation IG to see how it worked.

Anyway I intend to translate around half the lines of "Selfish" personality today. But still 24 and half personality after that... kinda depressing ^^'

Comment

Originally posted by A to da G View Post

----------

Desmondhume and I talked about the ♪ and decided to keep special characters
                such as this, the japanese quote symbols and the --- symbol at the end of an
                elongated word (for example when a girl gives you a "Hai~~~~"). It preserves
                the flavor of the speech, sort of. The ♪ has been used as a symbol of cheerful
                tone or happy mood since Tezuka, after all
                As for the @ symbol: I confirm, it's a marker for the person you are talking *about*.
                Good research work you made on the kanji, A to da G.
                Let's all be careful with the kanji though, as not to *always* use them word for word: when
                you come across a composed word (kanji plus a hiragana suffix), there is very little doubt
                about the meaning. However, japanese is essentially a contextual language. There will be
                traps on our road and they won't be anything like young Bridget :3

Comment

Originally posted by vidocq View Post
                  Desmondhume and I talked about the ♪ and decided to keep special characters
                  agree with that

Originally posted by Geshtar View Post
                  the @ is used in stead of a name with lines like "be nice with @" IG appear like that "be nice with [character name]"
                  ahh, okay, now I understand, I was just wounder why I never see it in the game
                  Last edited by A to da G; 06-20-2011, 04:53 AM.

Comment

I saw the @ a lot ingame, but never the name of the character they're referring to. It happens when some NPC talks to all the people around her to take care of certain person, but it never display that person's name. Is that normal ?
                    AG3: New Map Compilation / Map addons & extras / Main house paintings
                    @HM: Story translation
                    AA1: Romanized names

Comment

Originally posted by unmei220 View Post
                      I saw the @ a lot ingame, but never the name of the character they're referring to. It happens when some NPC talks to all the people around her to take care of certain person, but it never display that person's name. Is that normal ?
                      I looked at that IG and looks like it happen only with sentences translated by google, don't happen with the lines we translated, guess the "@" is somehow modified by google.

Edit: after looking at the doc I'm pretty sure it only happen when "@" is right at the begin of a line. google erased the "tab" used in japanse before the "@".
                      Translators need to be careful when editing a line with this marker at the begin of a sentence it must begin like that " @" to appear properly IG
                      Last edited by Geshtar; 06-20-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I briefly played around with some corrections/improvements to the released machine translation, but quickly abandoned it after I saw the volume of text and that there was already a group undertaking it. Anyway, as well as @, I noticed there is also the use of * as a name placeholder. This was also apparently in reference to a third party (as opposed to the speaker or player character). I'm not sure what the demarcation between the two is.

Comment

Originally posted by DCB View Post
                          I briefly played around with some corrections/improvements to the released machine translation, but quickly abandoned it after I saw the volume of text and that there was already a group undertaking it. Anyway, as well as @, I noticed there is also the use of * as a name placeholder. This was also apparently in reference to a third party (as opposed to the speaker or player character). I'm not sure what the demarcation between the two is.
                          "*" is the marker for the name of places

Comment

Ehhhh I had a nasty exhausting day with real life and work problems... Could someone investigate this @ thing further? I did notice @ appearing in the game and I wondered if I screwed up something, can someone figure out under which conditions @ gets properly replaced by a character's name and when it doesn't? I am suspicious about the tab use because tabs seem to be used to delimit elements in the lst files so I doubt they would use them for this as well, but I could be wrong... Same for the asterisk...

Did someone try the program? Any feedback? (I see 95 views, wow, as I said this program is probably only useful to the translating team...)

Any volunteers to take charge of the project?

Comment

Ouch. This means that we'll have to screen all occurrences of * then. I know for a fact that I have used it in a few places for emphasis, this might screw something up :/

Comment

Working...
                              X