(Illusion) Artificial Academy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Translation] (Illusion) Artificial Academy

This thread is for discussing the translation of dialogues and any other text that appears in the game in the form of subtitles.

Currently the translation team consists of Milfeulle, Geshtar, nachttod, syberz, vidocq, A to da G, Snoopy (and more, I'll edit the list when I figure out who). A big thank you to all of them

In short, there is a google document (spreadsheet) available to translators with all the text lines. Translators edit the initial (machine) translations and color them so that it is clear that the translation was updated. Periodically I download the spreadsheet and apply the translations to game files and then attach the result.

Translators: please remember to color your changes on the google doc and don't worry about open/close quotes, the program now handles that automatically (ie it has the option to keep the quotes the way they are in the original text so even if you delete them they will reappear in the game).

Released mod(s) can be found in the mod release thread: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...04#post3261804

EDIT by Inquisitor:

Current status
    Anything that is not listed with a status after the colon is still in it's Alpha phase.

System: Complete
    Sweet: Complete
    Selfish: Complete
    Mistress: Complete
    Pleasant: Complete
    Innocent: Complete
    Dark: Complete
    Tense: Complete
    Aloof:
    Casual: Complete
    Humble: Complete
    Ditzy:
    Rough:
    Affable: Complete
    Faithful: Complete
    Obscene: Alpha V2
    Quiet: Complete
    Calm:
    Brave: Complete
    Big Sister: Complete
    Empress:Complete
    Handsome:Complete
    Soft: Complete
    Eloquent: Complete
    Violent: Complete
    Manly: Complete
    Cold:
    Time Based Events: Complete
    Last edited by TSR; 05-10-2014, 05:57 AM. Reason: Update status

• Release coming tonight. Sorry about that. Issues, here... all should be good now.

*EDIT*
    Done and done! Here's the link. As per usual, give it a go and I'll add it to the mod release thread once I have your green light, guys.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/downlo...do=file&id=432
    Last edited by vidocq; 12-23-2011, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the release! Time to install it and hunt some more "too big" lines. Gonna try a textfile utility here, one of its scripts is "get lines bigger than X characters"

And so, what is the current status for the non-complete personalities, any substantial changes?

EDIT: done a quick scan on newest release, and found these lines breaking the column 76 (measured from a previous released broken line). The mark below each line is where it goes offscreen.

Code:
      (selfish)
      It's not surprising that someone as inexperienced as you would cum from that. ?
                                                                                  ^
      (aloof)
      I don't think it's possible to be satisfied with your... unsophisticated thing.
                                                                                  ^
      (aloof)
      They say that the jizz of the guy you like tastes good.... but that's bullshit.
                                                                                  ^
      (ditzy)
      Good for you, but now your turn is over, so get your thunder thighs over there
                                                                                  ^
      (rough)
      Ahh, well, I guess I'll probably hit you two or three more times after that, we clear?
                                                                                  ^
      (rough)
      Oh hoh hoh hoh, did you really just get flirty right in front of my fucking face?
                                                                                  ^
      (faith)
      W-, well... since you're begging to do it with me, I suppose I'll allow it...
                                                                                  ^
      (handsome)
      Huhuh, if you're planning on masturbating later, then I'll take care of you now.
                                                                                  ^
      (cold)
      It is normal for a person to want to touch the private parts of the person they love.
                                                                                  ^
      Last edited by phgborges; 12-23-2011, 07:22 PM.
      < signature links are down for maintenance, and images in my posts aren't working because imgur - i'm working on a solution for it asap >

Comment

• Originally posted by vidocq View Post
        Release coming tonight. Sorry about that. Issues, here... all should be good now.

*EDIT*
        Done and done! Here's the link. As per usual, give it a go and I'll add it to the mod release thread once I have your green light, guys.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/downlo...do=file&id=432
        Great job. Thank you and many thanks to all of the translation team. You guys are awesome!

btw, almost all of the AA translation team releases are in separate posts and downloads. This is confusing for new users. How can they know that they have the latest version? You should edit you release post and download post. Please delete all obsolete release posts in the mod release thread and all obsolete downloads in the Downloads area. Thanks!

I have updated the AA HF Patch with the latest release. Read more and get it here

Merry Christmas to you all!
        Last edited by Inquisitor; 12-24-2011, 01:33 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• The community effort that has gone into this is amazing, and an example to learn from. The amount of time it's taken is well justified by the quality of the results. I don't know who involved here that I haven't +repped yet, but you all deserve it.
          Brevity is the soul of...

My Gallery Since 2008

Comment

• It's even more amazing if you consider that we all took the "DMCA situation" right in the face and the project did restart moving forward after that.
            Only 6 characters left... it's never been closer.

Comment

• It's nearly a month since we had some news about this, so I don't know if the project is still active or not, but I spotted a typo in this line from Rough:

"It's good to me in love..."

Hope this gets completed someday.
              AG3: New Map Compilation / Map addons & extras / Main house paintings
              @HM: Story translation
              AA1: Romanized names

Comment

• I have heard no news at all so far. I hope everyone is ok...

Comment

• Another typo in Rough:

"Heh, who cares is people see us!"

Comment

• I'm alive, but I think it's not going to be getting the final check through from AAA(haven't heard from him in a while). I'll go ahead and fix the few mistakes that have been mentioned tomorrow, and then I guess we'll go ahead and call it finished.

Comment

• Please, if you can, remember to fix also the problems mentioned by phgborges here.
                      They're lines that doesn't fit the screen.
                      Guess once the project is finished people can fix typos or other things by directly editing the lst files. Only thing I'm not sure is what is needed to force a line split, that's why I asked you to fix those errors since you have access to the google doc.
                      Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Snoopy, as far as you know, are the unmarked personalities entirely left untouched or even alpha, or have they been updated somehow?
                        Latest log I have states Aloof, Ditzy, Rough, Calm and Cold not to be done, with Obscene being Alpha v2. I'd like to be sure where we are really

Comment

• Sorry about my disappearance.

Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Nuff said.

I'll be diving back into the project now.

EDIT:
                          I have confirmed Cold and Aloof as Complete. Ditzy has been proofread, though I am calling it Provisionally Complete. 2 notes on it, one being as request of whether or not we can unify the style of Ditzy's laughter, since it has about 5 different types written in.
                          Last edited by AAaronAnonymous; 01-31-2012, 02:59 PM.
                          "Wait a second, am I quoting myself?"
                          ~Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by AAaronAnonymous View Post
                            Sorry about my disappearance.

Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Nuff said.

I'll be diving back into the project now.

EDIT:
                            I have confirmed Cold and Aloof as Complete. Ditzy has been proofread, though I am calling it Provisionally Complete. 2 notes on it, one being as request of whether or not we can unify the style of Ditzy's laughter, since it has about 5 different types written in.
                            Great to have you back. Thank you.

Originally posted by vidocq View Post
                            Snoopy, as far as you know, are the unmarked personalities entirely left untouched or even alpha, or have they been updated somehow?
                            Latest log I have states Aloof, Ditzy, Rough, Calm and Cold not to be done, with Obscene being Alpha v2. I'd like to be sure where we are really
                            It would be great if you could make a new release of the latest translations. Then I'll update the patch.

When you make the new release, would you please clean up your release posts: You currently have four in the mod release thread. And several in the Downloads section as well. There should be only one. I advice you to edit the latest post and delete all the others. It would be great if the original release post by DesmondHume would not have very old attached versions as well.

People in the general discussion are reporting issues that seem to be related to using very old versions of the translation and it hurts the project that all the great work done by the team is not easily accessible.

Comment

• Hi there, AA
                              I'll get another release done tonight I think, since two more personalities are done.

*Edit*
                              I could use a hand to kill my posts in the mod release thread though, something isn't working right for me.
                              In the meantime, here is the new release:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/downlo...do=file&id=438
                              Last edited by vidocq; 02-03-2012, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Excellent. Thank you to the entire team for the new release. I diff'ed it with the previous release and I can see that a lot of formatting mistakes has been fixed. Great!

I have released an updated patch yesterday that includes the new release and Phil26's awesome AAEdit v1.25.

Comment

Working...
                                X