X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion & Release Thread] (Daminz) Realtime3D MeowMeow

original name: リアルタイム3D"ニャンニャン"
    alternative titles: Realtime3D NyanNyan, Realtime3D Pussy

Download: no DDL or torrent link (Hongfire policy) - Do not ask for them in this thread!
    Special thanks go to SoftwareGuy for providing me with the latest version of the game.

Mods/Translations/Requests go in here.

Mods:
    first uncensor for 1.02
    improved uncensor for 1.02
    HF-Patch 0.3
    HF-Patch 0.4

How to determine version:
    Spoiler
    Check the title bar of the window. pre-2.x versions had only the name in the title. Version 2.x have "Version 2.0" in the title.
    For a better identification possibility see this link

Looking for people willing to translate Japanese text (story and UI)

Roadmap:
    Spoiler
    game:
    • decompile, fix and recompile code (done)
    • include nag popup (done)
    • change/correct version info displayed in title bar (done)
    • remove female censor (done)
    • remove male censor [beta] (done)
    • remove cel effect/outline (because of bug in connection with removed male censor) (done)
    • outsource title menu (done)
    • outsource gui (done)
    • outsource texts (done 0.4)
    • add additional entries to main menu (done 0.4)
    • remove nag popup (done 0.4)
    • add cheats (so far: freeze cum counter, freeze male arousal, freeze female arousal, male full arousal, female full arousal) (done 0.3 - not going to add skip scene cheat. The game is too short and straightforward and the decompiled code for that part is spaghetti code (lots of jumps) )
    • translation of texts
    • translation of gui (need to clean gui image first)
    • investigate the onomatopoeia code (dropped, effect was very simple and not worth to be included back)
    • fix the issue of outlines and disabled male censor[beta] (unlikely)
    • any further suggestions?

config tool:
    • decompile, fix and recompile config code
    • translate texts
    • outsource texts
    • add ability to change saved max cum counter
    • add ability to store additional settings in a second config file (keeps original settings file backward compatible with original)
    • add language chooser
    • add censor switches (defaults will be off )
    • add outline thickness option
    • any further suggestions?

EDIT BY KUROPON: NO WORTHLESS 'THANK YOU' POSTS IN THIS THREAD. THEY WILL BE DELETED ON SIGHT. USE THE REP FUNCTION!
    Last edited by fenris666; 04-28-2013, 02:26 AM. Reason: links to older versions added
    Problems? Say more than "Help!".
    • What doesn't work?
    • What did you do before the problem happened?
    • How does the error present itself? (Error messages, logs)
    • What do you expect to happen?
    • What else did you try?
    • Did you consult the readme, FAQ or wiki related to the topic?
    • And if you manage to solve your problem then please share your knowledge with us. The next guy having the same problem will prefer anything other than "I fixed it myself."

Daminz Realtime3D"MeowMeow" 2.02 Patch 0.3

Patch for Daminz Realtime3D"MeowMeow" Version 2.02

Features:
    removed female censor
    removed male censor [beta]
    draws outlines with a thickness of 0 (due to issue with removed male censor)

cheat keys:
    1: (un-)freeze cum counter
    2: (un-)freeze female arousal
    3: (un-)freeze male arousal
    4: full female arousal
    5: full male arousal

Know issues:
    Spoiler

P: The male or female arousal is not really frozen.
    S: I know. This is not considered a bug. Instead of disabling each code snippet which changes the arousal, I opted for resetting the value every frame. So instead of calling it ArousalFreezer I should have called it EveryFrameArousalResetter. The arousal may change a little bit but is soon reset to the freeze value.

P: When using the cheat keys to make the girl/guy cum the game becomes unplayable or even crashes.
    S: Happens when you use these cheats at inappropriate times. Checking for these conditions would require extra work (and then dealing with people saying that the cheat doesn't work). Only make the guy/girl cum when appropriate.

P: The cum counter is set from 1 (or 0) to 2 when freezing the cum counter.
    S: Not a bug. Required by design. Again I opted for a simple reset every frame solution which made this behavior necessary.

P:The name of the game is wrong. It is <insert name>
    S:ニャンニャン in romaji is "nyan nyan" which means "meow meow". However it can be slang for sex too. "Pussy" carries a similar double entendre. However I prefer to stick with the name closer to the literal translation.

P:Where can I get the game?
    S:No DDLs and torrents for now.
    Attached Files
    • What doesn't work?
    • What else did you try?
    • And if you manage to solve your problem then please share your knowledge with us. The next guy having the same problem will prefer anything other than "I fixed it myself."

Comment

It would be great to change resources somehow. There's a folder named "FBX" so I wonder could I import these files to max or maya. Can't find XNB to FBX converter

Comment

Daminz Realtime3D&quot;MeowMeow&quot; 2.02 Patch 0.4

Patch for Daminz Realtime3D"MeowMeow" Version 2.02

New Features:
        • outsourced texts (can be changed with a text editor)
        • outsourced menu background image and interface icons (can be edited with image editing tools)
        • two additional menu entries
        • removed nag popup at start

Installation:
        Download this patch.
        The exe and the HF-Content folder inside the patch archive are put into the game folder ( this will overwrite the original game exe! ).

Download:
        Due to the bigger size (images...): Patch 0.4 Download

@Devilfish
        Looks bad. xnb files are designed as one way files. As far as I know you use the usual files, (.x, .fbx, .ttf, .mp3, .jpg, etc etc) click create and the xnb files are there. They can be used by XNA projects but they are not open source so there is no way to re-export the original file. Exception are images which allow to be saved as an ordinary image again. Music could be exported by playing it to a record input. Exporting the 3D Model would probably require to iterate through it and create a new 3D file (.x or .fbx or whatever is possible - but I dont know how to create such code)

[UPDATE]
        maybe .xnb is not as one way as I expected.
        xnb format: http://xbox.create.msdn.com/en-us/sample/xnb_format
        decompressing compressed xnb files: https://bitbucket.org/alisci01/xnbdecompressor/overview
        but the original fbx file is lost.
        [/UPDATE]
        Last edited by fenris666; 04-28-2013, 06:54 AM. Reason: found something about compressed xnb files
        • What doesn't work?
        • What else did you try?

Comment

Have patch and mods you've posted and kinda not sure how to apply these since main file has one click and another file to run- this is way different from what i'm used to for a game. Not sure that I like having a game with active internet activity during play either. Link to a how to use the game files/install and install patches and mods would be appreciated or to the thread where it's already explained. Thanks.
          If I can get this game to work, I'll start a memory map of active calls so that modders can get a list of what happens where and when so that they know codes and calls that can be altered in HEX for decensors and language calls to call their own d/b in english or romanji vs kanji. Guess that might make modding easier too.

EDIT TO ADD--- figured out above-

I think the shader/shadow vertexes are what's used to censor the male penis (odd that I have to write both here in HF, but with all the futa stuff abounding, you have to make those small things clear...now don't we?

Looks like a 3D wrap set in the initial files themselves, not so conducive to having an overlay decensor - bloom and shadow effects of nvidia cards fully used by game designer it seems. Thus the radeon problems in rendering those proprietary design features that have Hex code for Nvidia calls specifically and thus linked via Net Frame and Xna frames the same way. Looks like a minor design favoritism flaw- ie designer wrote 3D code using Nvidia code that's not used in other video cards- THUS a hardware issue can occur rendering code in realtime.

Hard fix (and it would be a major PITA) would be to go and look at each major player's in bone and physics frame in a 3D tool (the one everyone loves works beautifully for this) and thus manually remove the layers applied to certain areas- then the calls to that "WRAP" can be removed from code, Or a fully transparent and zero thickness "wrapper/Overlay" can be substituted that has the same exact hex tags (forced mimicry hacks) so game operates as is and looks like it is ignoring the censoring wrappers that are at the actual 3D level.

-edit- wouldn't you know, my 3D tools all timed out today and I don't want to upgrade as the new versions will nuke themselves on a timer fully- where this one I think I can just reinstall after clearing registry of any tags and references in there. (thank you CCleaner!! and RegEdit!) to verify and find and substitute a new fully transparent wrapper.

This at "Root" censoring seems to be a new way of making mods/skins/and hacks harder at our end for new games- but breaking game down at the code calls is already hard, dithering the wrappers and or overlay censors wrapped around certain character and image features before skins are applied is new, but effective as skins will wrap on first layer, then second layer wrap around say 'penis' bloom out as if a condom were applied to it full time making old decensor tricks and or altering character body/part/limb wraps unnecessary so that eventually adding in new female characters or male looks can be done w/o having to censor each and everyone of them. Find that "structure" in the basic frame and remove it- or use name to find the called wrap/skin and change just that to pure transparent image file that's called will be that much easier as it is a "ONE SIZE FIT ALL" censoring approach.
          Later the coder/designer can add some real time body feature alterations capabilities and know that his other censoring will grow/shrink with body changes too. This allows for the "REALTIME 3D" effects and better and intrinsinct physics of motion to be applied w/o having to alter each and every frame call - THIS means actual video and CPU load decreases. It's bloody simple solution and likely why more games will use this tool set and design features in the future.

Imagine- have your graphics guys go to town on details and pixel increases allowed and then just wrap your skeletons in them. Done. And more realistic looks are possible. Hell they could pull a real skin off a real model and scan it in as a wrap and make the girls look like they do in some of those flash animation movies (look up succubus ('return of' maybe?) flash video for an example.) Only problems would be blending at seams and that is a minor problem...you'd get CGI levels increase in both frame and design capabilites and some modders could even make the girls look real too. (though w/eyes like that faces would need some serious reworking to fit the skeletons used.) But game physics and design can be increased thusly w/o loss of gameplay or increase of load on CPU and VPU's used (as long as they have Nvidia compatible hardcoding.)

Drooling yet? I'm not, but I really look forward what these changes offer to the game designers in making games and lightening resources and in game code/hook/video calls --

BTW this game needs the capability in config file to turn off shader vertexes (used for self shading of male and female body- this will give even cleaner look, but maybe lose a bit of depth visually. But you'll be able to see through things that are made transparent, if my solution is what's what, much better. And viewing from different angles won't be blocked by shadows or leakage from same (that's a minor problem in many games that use this resource hog to make or fake realistic looks. (ie like CoW3 does- but that's a platform, not a pc game.)
          - turn off shadows (ALL)
          - or Turn off shadows- individual
          - turn off or on - bloom
          - turn on or off - Video quality booster (see CM3D for example in it's config menu. All of that should be available and code borrowed or found and linked in this game's config)
          - config linked to the main Splash Screen.
          - Also anti-aliasing (requires an overide and special game only nvidia config at this time for a work around)
          - show FPS on or off (feature overlay again in nvidia tools)
          - LAst to make loss of shadows not as much of a problem Turn on or off "Depth of Field" increasing this capability allows for more detailed higher pixel count models to be seen and for their internal shading to be more prominent - this works best with shadows turned off and lowers resources too if turned off, which "Realtime 3D" already makes very light comparitively.

My thoughts and solutions are those discovered with a few common tools modders use and then some detective work in game memory hex editors watched when game was actually initiated. (done on first versions of RealTime Pussy 3D and then on V1.0 of Nyan-Nyan of same and will do same for 2.02 to see if this method remains.

This might make modding simpler in the future as long as data can be shipped into 3D modeling designer tools and thus all frames/bones/physics looked at and then removed layer by layer to see what is the "Hidden" or unecessary layered item that's called or cause for that level of censoring. - once that name is found on side bar where each part is named and listed. In game code replacement can be made to either not draw that item or to find the wrap/skin for it. Thus skins/mods for male model could be created too as can changes for the woman in game. And applied in a config file hack each time played- thus game remains as is and further patches won't affect censoring anymore. (you'd hope.)

G'YAH! (my muse and mind are melted!)
          Last edited by Brodder; 11-10-2011, 05:45 AM.

Comment

What a wall of text...

I am not sure what you are talking about. I am able to reverse engineer the binary to some source code. Then I add (or remove) code and compile a binary again.

I am a beginner with XNA and C# (I have more experience in other programming languages which help alot). I have nearly no experience in 3D programming. So I limit myself in poking around in the code.

You manged to pull out the model data? That would be amazing. Maybe that allows to modify and then repack the model to the game.

So a hex map to edit the binary is useless because
            1. useless for source code
            2. can be outdated with each new patch version (compiled from source code)

I am neither sure which version of the game you are talking about.
            The 1.x versions worked on NVIDEA and RADEON cards. The mosaic came from a High Level Shader Language file (mosaic.xnb).
            The 2.0 and 2.01 version used a different mosaic technique. They did not work with RADEON cards (at least not mine) and so I did not bother much fiddling with the code of these versions.
            2.02 works again with NVIDEA and RADEON cards. It is currently the latest version - and honestly I hope that it is the last version or else I have to recreate the patch for the next version again. On the other hand it would be nice to have working see through surfaces (look at the guy and girl through the window or through the table (the table is partially see-through).

The mosaic seems to work similar like the 1.x version BUT
            1. mosaic.xnb is not used anymore (The game still loads that file but after that never uses it, in fact I removed the loading of this file in my patches)
            2. The mosaic effect seems to be included in an effect which is also responsible to make everything visible. So skipping the effect (like I did in 1.x) resulted in a black screen in 2.02.
            In 2.02 I opted for skipping the drawing of the mosaic meshes. The female censor mesh was no problem but the male censor hid the fact that the outlines can be seen through the penis (see attached screenshot). To hide this bug I set the width of the outlines to 0.

If you are interested:
            The female censor mesh is called "moza_mnk" and the effect which I suspect contains the censor effect is "baseDepthTechnique"
            The male censor mesh is called "moza_tnk" and the effect which I suspect contains the censor effect is "SubDepthTechnique"

I can provide the source code of these shader effects on request. (XNA offers a function called Disassemble so I don't have to get my hands dirty)
            Attached Files
            • What doesn't work?
            • What else did you try?

Comment

It's where the meshes are actually applied. That is in the mesh models themselves in layers vs overlays after.
              Your solution allows you to remove or replace them and works just fine.
              Using same model techniques from CMD3D shows the bone/physics/structure frames of the models. There are extra layers on certain areas that are not really part of said object's structure and kinda like wrapping a wrapper around the skeleton of the penis in another layer. This is where you're getting the outline effect. Removing mesh from load in effect makes it invisible, but you see the outline until thickness is set to zero.
              Then you'd only see the penis/pussy and able to see physics interactions built into those parts which is an awesome new way of doing detailed things.
              Butt the removal of the actual anchor structure would then allow repacking of the model's structures and not to worry about censor layers in mem- they'd have no place to be placed and thus could also be removed along with the associated calls in the code. A lot of work, but once that was done you could then pull out mesh overlays and modify them, recolor them and change the look.
              This was the same trick used on another older game where panties were retexturized to be invisible so that players could see the naughty bits :roll eyes:
              Modders here are all familiar w/texture replacements, it's just finding the hash tags, model limitations and sizes and spoofing code to accept the variations (which in this game would have to be loaded one at time- but maybe could be done automatically from original menu linking a batch file to a new button and thus pull up name of new model's textures that could replace the old uniforms the model's skin and eyes and hair etc...
              A lot of work for a very limited game (limited in that it's just a click through game vs having a story line and branching choices and a set order of actions etc etc.)
              The designer has moved on to a new game, so mods to this one would just be practice to know where to look for his next release. Neh?

Comment

with "draws outlines with a thickness of 0" graphics looks not the same ... pls get back us outlines !!! >.<

Comment

Very unlikely. You can see how it looks three posts above. And it looks worse in motion. I never got around it and it is actually an originial bug. It was just obscured by the mosaic. And it is not because of the removal of the mosaic effect. I once tuned the mosaic effect to a much lesser strength and those ghost outlines could be recognized.

To make things worse: the outlines of the skin also "shine through" the outlines of the hair. It is barely recognizable because the outlines are thin (I made them 5 times wider). I see no chance to make that right.
                  Last edited by fenris666; 07-30-2012, 03:00 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling - valued things outside the internet
                  • What doesn't work?
                  • What else did you try?

Comment

Looks like I'm late to the party. I don't know if anyone's still interested, but I gave translating the in-game text a shot. My japanese isn't the best, but I hope it'll suffice.

-I went over the hints and either re-worded or spaced out lines so that they'd either be more presentable or be a little more descript.
                    -I tried to make the story (and the three conversational hints) sound "natural". It's not overly literal as some people perfer, but it's not entirely a re-write.

Lastly, I added onto your notes about Acme Iku. I hope you don't mind.

... while reading through the story, I couldn't not think of Tohru Adachi from Persona 4... his voice was in my head the entire time.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by flipside h; 07-15-2014, 12:00 PM.
                    Plastic Night. Paper Moon.

Comment

Working...
                    X