(Illusion) Sexy Beach 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Sexy Beach 3

I'll use this post to put tools for modding sb3 in... You can use this thread for general discussions amongst yourselves.

Links
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-17-2014, 08:30 AM. Reason: Fix wiki link

Asleep at the wheel

.xm File Structure

As requested, attached is a small program that can parse .xm files.

To use, drag-n-drop files or directories. It'll create .txt files with some info about the file structure for each .xm file. It'll only open files that have the .xm extension.

The structure looks similar to vertex animations, so good luck on whatever you're doing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alamar; 11-13-2010, 04:55 AM. Reason: Fixed download links

Comment

Originally posted by Alamar View Post
      As requested, here's a small program that can parse .xm files:
      http://www.geocities.com/hg131313/XMReader_v0.1.zip
      http://www.geocities.com/hg131313/XMReader_v0.1_src.zip

To use, drag-n-drop files or directories. It'll create .txt files with some info about the file structure for each .xm file. It'll only open files that have the .xm extension.

The structure looks similar to vertex animations, so good luck on whatever you're doing.
      Superb, thanks - I hope i can make some sense out of it.
      HF-Modding/Translation Club Member

Comment

Body Accessory v6 (body types 1-3, feet/pareo accessory)

I've made the body mesh into an accessory, so you can overlay it on top of the actual body. The point of this is to make base meshes that'll work with animations to lay on top of the body, such as stockings. You can remove parts of the body accessory mesh that you don't want through Metasequoia. You can use this same idea to overlay other meshes with itself or use any animated mesh as an accessory.

Files
        SB3Utility_v0.4b_Pre5.zip http://www.geocities.com/hg131313/SB...Past_Releases/

(Replaces pareo) [SB3][Pareo][All girls][Body Accessory][Alamar].7z MF link
        SB3 Wizzard format. Contains clothes types 1-6. Only needs one accessory slot. No shirt versions in this one. If you downloaded the one with "no_check_lb.txt", just delete that .txt file and re-7zip. Thanks to wurlox for the button templates.

(Replaces footwear) [SB3][BodyType1-3][Base][Alamar].7z
        [new mesh object order] MF link
        SB3 Wizzard format. Only contains clothes type 1. Needs one accessory slot per body/clothes type. The shirt mesh includes the entire body mesh, so the chest underneath isn't removed. If you want to merge the shirt and body meshes, you can use the "Merge" feature in the Mesh tab.
        To convert .mqo files from the old mesh object order to the new, open it up in a text editor and change the number in the object name in between the square brackets. The new order should be compatible with clothes type 1 in the pareo version. Old mesh object order to new order conversion (only needed for o01_P_Body):
        25 -> 26
        26 -> 27
        27 -> 28
        28 -> 25

Notes
        - The accessory must be added in an accessory category that has animations enabled. It looks like the feet/pareo categories are the only ones that works.
        - If you're replacing foot/pareo accessories and want to add shoes/pareos, you can merge the object trees using the .x workspace or merge the meshes.
        - You don't have to use all of the .xx files. For example, for the pareo, just edit "no_check_ld.txt" to use the same .xx file.
        - Instead of removing parts of the body mesh, you can UV map them to completely transparent parts of the texture. Thanks to warior for this suggestion.

Steps (Mostly like the old way of replacing meshes with .mqo files. Different steps are marked by "+")
        - Open one of the .pp files
        - Select one of the .xx files
        - Select a mesh and extract to .mqo
        - Edit the .mqo in Metasequoia
        - Open and select the .mqo
        - Select the mesh you want to replace
        + Click "Bones" under "Replace Method" (previously Replace Method 2)
        + Change "Add Scale Units" to around "0.003" to get rid of flickering due to transparent meshes in the same place
        - Click "Replace"
        + (Optional) Remove the other meshes you're not using by clicking "Remove"
        - Save the .pp

Other New Functions
        - Add Scale Units: Only when replacing, it will add the (number * calculated normal) to each vertex. This is useful if you want the mesh to be slightly above the body. If the mesh has backward normals (backward faces) like in "o01_P_Bura02", you need to use a negative number in order to scale in the correct direction. About "0.003" is enough to get rid of the flickering effect, but there still might be clashes in some parts of the mesh (like with certain animations and clothes combinations). You can always adjust parts of the mesh
        - Merge: Copies the mesh objects and bones from the mesh at the "Merge Position" into the currently selected mesh
        - Remove: Removes the entire mesh
        - Remove Meshes w/ no Bones (under Frame tab): Recursively removes all meshes with no bones under the selected Frame

Technical Info
        What the "Bones" Replace Method does is copy the bone weights from the nearest vertex of the mesh you're replacing. I don't know the mathematical formula to calculate bone weights, so I can only copy them. You're really supposed to do all of this in a 3D editor so that bone weights are calculated by the program, but I haven't been able to fully import/export stuff with a 3D editor.

How pareo textures work
        The pareo works by reading the meshes under the "o01_N_Pareo" frame in sb3_0510.pp and replacing the texture with what's in "lc07_00_00_00_00.lst". Somehow the "m01_Pareo01" and "m01_Pareo02" materials tell SB3 to replace their textures. If you use a normal accessory material, the pareo will take on that material/texture, but it won't be changeable through the clothes selection menu in SB3.

How to replace the pareo accessory
        - Add the body mesh under the "o01_N_Pareo" frame in sb3_0510.pp & remove the pareo meshes
        - Set all the body mesh material indexes to correspond with "m01_Pareo01"
        - Set up the SB3 Wizzard format by using "lc07_00_00_00_00.lst" and a .pp file with .tga files

The problem is that the pareo meshes have to be completely replaced, and that means replacing/redirecting the sb3_0510.pp file. This can be done easily in SB3 Wizzard like with darkhound's body type 4 & 5 mod. Special thanks to him for having this already set up.

Body accessory with the center part of the mesh removed, and with a plain grey texture
        Last edited by Alamar; 04-11-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Ok, that's cool!

Now that opens up some very interesting possibilities such as stockings and actual gloves with depth. Free-floating body parts such as third boobs and bone spikes. Head coverings such as triceratops heads and gas masks.

Good job if it works out.
          "Build a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."

Comment

Body accessory as second skin

I've made the body mesh into an accessory, so you can overlay it on top of the actual body. The point of this is to make base meshes that'll work with animations to lay on top of the body, such as stockings. You can remove parts of the body accessory mesh that you don't want through Metasequoia.
            wow, Alamar's 'Body accessory' mod can be used for second skin or like body catsuit.

with little mesh and material adjustments of his mod i managed to make second skin for body type 2 with metallic reflection (skin can be removed like any other accessory with '6' key and works in date, ecchi and oil scenes):

texture is from animeniac's Tigress Mod

and again, many thx to Alamar for his tools and great ideas

here is this 'second skin' example (just replace Body2.pp in sb3\data dir.):

Comment

It's actualy working ! o.O
              I just pasted a stocking texture on the body accessory one and here is the result... (its not a skin mod... its really an accessory

Congratulation Alamar !
              Attached Files

Comment

Allright !

Get body2 file here :
                http://www.sendspace.com/file/rsyust

Comment

There are (3 body types) * (6 clothes types) + 1 (Fei) body meshes, and I'm trying to figure out a way to bring that number down for the body accessory. Right now, the body accessory is only using the first one (bo0#_01_00_00_00.xx). I'm thinking of making just 3 body meshes and merging all the clothes types by taking the largest part of each. (Or is it supposed to be the smallest? Smallest body & largest shirt?) Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

Comment

Originally posted by wurlox
                    ...It's about a tool our Japanese firends came up with that in many ways mimic's RLU functions, Export/Import of textures, meshes, previews, encrypt/decrypt .lst files on the fly, etc.

Now there is an update, v1.0.14...
                    That`s just great! It`s exporting a face mesh states for all facial expressions. Now it`s possible to change a face mesh by editing all states (at least it seems so). The problem is that there are a 55 of them for mouth/cheek/nose area and 29 for eyes area for one girl, for a total of 84 meshes.

For now I can think about changing a base mesh, rigging and animating it, and then re-creating a full set of expressions. After import I will get a new face in game. Or I can apply modifiers to all meshes at once to get a slightly modified face. Or write a maxScript (tbh I have no idea how to do that) to move corresponding vertices in all meshes into a same side for a same distance.

If you, professional 3d artists have an idea how to make it faster and simplier, please tell me, because it`s just a hobby for me, and maybe I`m trying to "re-invent a bicycle".

Edit: wow, japanese modders are already into it. I can see new face meshes on their screenshots.

And here is some of the random expressions to get an idea.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Ray Wing; 03-20-2007, 08:25 PM.
                    I see bears from my window... Right now they are drinking vodka and playing balalaikas.

Comment

There are (3 body types) * (6 clothes types) + 1 (Fei) body meshes, and I'm trying to figure out a way to bring that number down for the body accessory. Right now, the body accessory is only using the first one (bo0#_01_00_00_00.xx). I'm thinking of making just 3 body meshes and merging all the clothes types by taking the largest part of each. (Or is it supposed to be the smallest? Smallest body & largest shirt?) Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

At first congratulation for your mod. I was thinking of making something like that too because the skins mods were a pain in the ass for me .

I just don't see the point in having a Shirt Mesh since the main problem was having to modify skins for stoking mods and disabling tanning because of that. Eventually we could use it for tatoos but I didn't see a lot till now.

A first I thought that a one body Mesh that would cover the whole body would be perfect for me because I wanted to release a cloth that would cover almost the whole body

Hoewever I was wondering how to release it and what was the best way to do it. First thing is that the six accessories are available to choose although only two do fit to the body type. So merging the shirt and base wouldn't be a bad idea => that makes 3 choices rather than 6 (and we don't even speak of body type 4 and 5 from Darkhound and the may be later further body mods).

Second point is the space needed for theses mods : in the actual state, if we want to get a separate accessory for each we must have for each mod a custom PP file for each of them although only the texture will change and the idea doesn't please me a lot. I am rather looking for a way to use the same mesh and just changing the texture like it is done for the swimsuits with the lst file.

Third point : Glitches that will happen when you use a swimsuit so I have to choose the nude swimsuit to use the body mod. However we don't get the swimsuit interactions and animation like that.

For me the best way to use your body mesh would be to include it with the swimsuit mesh (add with pantuxx and buraxx) if that's possible (didn't try it yet but I guess I'll have problems at first). It wouldn't be an accessory any more but the mods will fit the body type without having to look for the good one. Of course it means that we would eventually have to change all the textures.

Achieving such a goal would requires a lot of work and I don't know wether we would be able to do it. In the current state I would tell you just to release a final version for just arms and legs for the three body types or better : just one mesh that would cover the arms and legs for the three body types because it is what is really needed for now.

These are my thoughs and it would be cool to get other thoughs/ideas.

Comment

I dont work with meshes but like this, I dont see the point in doing a body mesh accessory that would include clothes mesh : The accessory is really usefull to do stuff where there isnt already a mesh that can be used, like legs / arms...

For part that is handle by clothes mesh, we can just reuse them or modify them to fit what we need. (not counting that a feet accessory that cover the body wont be handled like a bikini mesh at all...)

So I would say that a full mesh for each of the 3 body types is enough.
                        Its really usefull for what is "on/above" the girls skin but bellow the clothes/accessory.

Only other meshes that would be usefull would be some that include "feet" accessory meshes... as we cant use a regular feet accessory at the same time as the body mesh assessory.

A first I thought that a one body Mesh that would cover the whole body would be perfect for me because I wanted to release a cloth that would cover almost the whole body ....

So merging the shirt and base wouldn't be a bad idea
                        Why dont you do the arm/leg part on the body mesh accessory and then use a normal cloth mesh for the rest ? What point in doing the cloth on the body mesh accessory itself ?

Glitches that will happen when you use a swimsuit so I have to choose the nude swimsuit to use the body mod. However we don't get the swimsuit interactions and animation like that.
                        Uhh.... you can use a swimsuit over a body mesh accessory. It works fine.
                        Check the screenshot I posted for the stocking pack : Garters have part that go bellow swimsuite and that can be seen through them if they are a little transparant.

Comment

Originally posted by animanga05 View Post
                          It's actualy working!
                          Good job animanga05. It works.

BTW, I dissected your LST insert file and changed somethings so that my shoe mods are not obliterated. The text file is here:
                          Last edited by Anand; 11-15-2007, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anand View Post
                            BTW, I dissected your LST insert file and changed somethings so that my shoe mods are not obliterated. The text file is here:
                            Sorry, I didnt had your mod installed so I probably re-used some of the slots. But the wizzard should detect it and select a new empty line instead...

I hope that we can also go up to 255 in those accessory lists...

Comment

Why dont you do the arm/leg part on the body mesh accessory and then use a normal cloth mesh for the rest ? What point in doing the cloth on the body mesh accessory itself ?
                              Because I wanted to use custom reflection maps and that is not possible using the standard swimsuit mesh.

Uhh.... you can use a swimsuit over a body mesh accessory. It works fine.
                              Check the screenshot I posted for the stocking pack : Garters have part that go bellow swimsuite and that can be seen through them if they are a little transparant.
                              Sorry, must have been out of my mind coz I can't make any sense to what I wrote and can't recall what I really wanted to say. I think it was about the fact that there are 6 body meshes for each body type. And that the Shirt mesh provided was only working on one of the 6 mesh. However don't mind

BTW good job on stokings

Comment

Originally posted by werries View Post
                                Because I wanted to use custom reflection maps and that is not possible using the standard swimsuit mesh. :
                                To get higher reflection than usual ? If thats the case, I think that the fields in the LST file are not limited to reflection off/on for the various part of the body mesh but can take numbers bigger than 1 to get extra reflection. (that may also be the case for the global reflection level)

Try to look at the LST entries for suspenders : from what I remember, several use higher reflection values than usual for breast area.

In the same way, there is fields to set transparancy, darkened or no effect when using oil. But there is also a field that define how strong the effect is. Usualy that field is set to 1 but a lower value will reduce the effect and a bigger one will increase it. (On the seethrough clothes, I had to use value like 0.5 - 0.7 for transparancy else it would have looked like there was a hole in the cloth On the other hand, if you want to see the darkened effect on clothes that are already very dark, you need to use a value of 2.

BTW good job on stokings
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X