Tutorials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod Discussion] Tutorials

This thread is for tutorials and documentation for modding.

My hope is to have a nice repository for people to be able to learn how to do the work on thier own without the constant hand holding.

Please, if you want to contribute make your tutorials as easy to follow as you can, in a nice step-by-step manner and if possible supply as many screenshots that would help along the way.

Illusion Games Wiki

Thanks!
    Last edited by Inquisitor; 04-17-2014, 10:02 AM. Reason: Add wiki link

"Your inability to make it work does not make it broken." -- kuropon
    >>>SB3 English Interface Mods<<<

UV Map Tutorial

UV Map Tutorial

Here's how to do UV maps for meshes.

Tools Needed:

Metasequoia- This is a nice small, but powerful 3D program. The meshes you extract in .mqo format, you will need this program in order to view and or mod the meshes. Can get it here: http://www.metaseq.net/english/index.html.

This is a shareware version, but I would recommend you get the full version. I WILL NOT tell you how to do that, I'll leave that up to you. I will also leave it up to you on how to use other features of this program. I WILL NOT teach you how to use it, as I am not an expert with it at all.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    To properly view the .mqo's you extract, either setup your system's Regional setting to use a "." for the decimal, or you can also open .mqo files in a text editor and change all the "," you see with "."

Metasequoia does NOT know how to use "," for decimal points and if your meshes look VERY weird, that is why.

************************************************** ****************************
    In this tutorial we will do something simple, the Normal Swimsuit mesh for the Manami/Maya body type.

You will have to have already hex edited the bo01_01_00_00_00.xx file and packed it into it's own .pp file. In my example I have the all the .xx files from sb3_0510.pp already hex edited, and put into a custom sb3_0510.pp file that I have saved in its own folder on my HD. You don't have to go to that extreme, but I just wanted to point that out so you don't get confused about the screenshots I made.

************** EDIT **************

When I first wrote this tutorial, there wasn't a tool designed to extract .mqo's for SB3, and you had to do some fancy hex editing to the .xx files to get a Rapelay tool to extact them...

Nowadys, the best and only tool I reccommend is Alamar's SB3 Utility which you can get more info and dowload links from here:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=241 << v0.6.21 (this one requires .NET Framework v2.0)
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...19&postcount=8 << v0.7.3 (this one requires .NET Framework v3.5)

This tool is all you'll ever really need if you want to mod not only SB3, but Rapelay and School Mate as well.

************** END EDIT **************

Open up RL Utility and load up your custom .pp file that contains the bo01_01_00_00_00.xx file.

Click on the file names and go to the "Mesh" tab in RL Utility and scroll down the window and click on "o01_P_Bura01" mesh and click the "Save mqo" to extract the mesh. I have a pic below as an example:

Do the same for "o01_P_Pantu01." Again see the pic below for an example:

Don't bother with any of the other Bura or Pantu meshes, as these are all we need. Now, you should have two folders where ever your RL Utility resides named o01_P_Bura01 and o01_P_Pantu01. The .mqo files are in each, respectively.

UPDATE:
    Thanks to Anand for pointing out something important I missed. When you run Metasequoia, make sure you are NOT in "Basic" mode. You can check if you are by going into the "File" menu and make sure there is NO checkmark next to the "Basic" item on that menu.

Otherwise you won't see some of the panel buttons I describe below. (Thanks Anand for catching that! )

Open the o01_P_Bura01.mqo with Metasequoia and you should see something like in the pic below:

Now, we want to "Import" the o01_P_Pantu01.mqo mesh into this one, so Drag and Drop o01_P_Pantu01.mqo onto Metasequoia and you should see a confirmaton window asking you what you want to do, like in the following pic:

Click "Import" and you have now imported the o01_P_Pantu01 mesh along with the o01_P_Bura01 mesh.

In Metasequoia, on the left side panel, you should see two buttons, "Obj Panel" and "Mat Panel." These turn on the the Object and Material Panels, if you don't already have them on, do so now, and you should have something like in the pic below:

Also on the left panel, under the "Edit" portion, click the "Sel All" button, and this will highlight meshes. If don't see anything highlighted, turn on the "Ln" button at the top of the Metasequoia screen, but don't worry, even with the "Ln" button off, the meshes are still highlighted.

Again, look at the left panel, and under the "Command" section there is a button named "UV," click it and the screen will change and show a big green square, which is the mizugi01.tga texture. On this screen you see a series of buttons in the upper left corner, click on the "Object" button and it makes the mesh invisible and will give you a clear view of the UV layout.

You may notice that the UV lines are actually below the texture itself...don't panic, that's normal. See that UV Edit panel on the right of the screen? Look for a button that says "Normalize" and that will center the UV onto the mizugi01.tga texture, but you have to make sure that you did that "Sel All" first as the UV won't move if the mesh has not been highlighted first. You should have something like below:

This is the UV for the o01_P_Bura01 mesh only. To see the UV for the o01_P_Pantu01 mesh, click on o01_P_Pantu01 in the Object Panel as well as click on the m01_Pantu01 in the Material Panel. You will have to click on the "Normalize" button once again to get it to appear on top of the mizugi01.tga texture, like below:

Now, pay close attention to the following. We want to combine both meshes into one and the way to do that is in the Object Panel, so take your mouse and left click on o01_P_Pantu01 and drag it on top of o01_P_Bura01...this will combine the two meshes together..there is no confirmation screen or anything but you should see the o01_P_Pantu01 disappear from the Object Panel if you did it right, as seen in the pic below:

Do the same in the Material Panel. Left click the m01_Pantu01 and drag it on top of m01_Bura01. This time you will get a window asking if you want to merge the materials, as seen below:

Click yes, and you should now see both of the mesh UV's on combined on top of the mizugi01.tga texture, like the following:

Pat yourself on the back for a nicely done bit of work.

If you want you can now close both the Object and Material Panels, as we don't need them cluttering your workspace anymore.

Almost done here folks...Now, we want to export this combined UV. Look at the UV Edit panel on the right, and you'll see a button named "Export." A window will pop up and gives you options for what size you want to save it it, standard for these meshes is 64x64. So, change it to something more managable, for example 2048x2048.

Click on the "set" button and choose a directoy where you want to save the UV map and give it a name, for exampe, Swimsuit_UV. Make sure you do indeed give it a name else Metasequoia won't save the file.

Also at the bottom of this window, there is a drop down option for whatever format you wish to save it as. My preference is eitther .bmp or .png, with .png probably being the better of the two.

Look at the screen below for an example:

Done! Yes, go celebrate, you have just made a UV map for the entire Normal Swimsuit clothing mesh. You can use what I have described here for any of the others as well, or just about any other mesh that is split up like the clothing meshes are.

Don't go crazy and start combining stuff that doesn't make sense to combine, just do it to meshes that tend to share the same material files.

Hope that was clear enough to understand, but if you have further questions, I'll try my best to further elaborate any sticky areas.

The best advice I can give off the bat is just try your best to familiarize yourself with Metasequoia, and if you mess up somehwere along the line, you can always use the undo function or exit the program without saving anything and start fresh again.

ENJOY!

EDIT
    Just so you won't have to go through all the steps above and make your own UV's, I did the work for ya'.

The three archives attached to this post contain the UV's for each clothing type, for each body type, are set at 2048x2048, and are in PNG format so they will overlay easily on top of any textures you want to work on.

As always. ENJOY!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wurlox; 07-14-2008, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Clothing Reflection Tutorial

Clothing Reflection Tutorial

A couple of us modders have been discussing the issue of reflection maps used in SB3 and it dawned on me I found a nice explanation some time ago on Chnren and I now share the findings for all to enjoy.

If you have ever read the SB3 Wiki, you may have noticed that Afker did make mention of the lb series of .lst file having a couple of the column that can control the shininess of the swimsuits. If you have never seen it go here:

SB3 Wiki - Sexy Beach 3 modding guide

Now, you may be saying to yourself, "So what? How do I know what values do what?"

Good point.

Here's a sample of what can be done.

Lets take Manami's stock pink swimsuit for an example...

Get what ever .lst tool you prefer and decrypt lb01_00_00_00_00.lst and go to Line #41 as seen in the following pic:

Now, the easiest thing to do with this file is to open it with a spreadsheet program as there is quite a bit of columns in this file.

Go look at columns AN, AT, and AZ as seen here circled for you:

Those are the values that you want to use to control the shine of the swimsuits.

The following series of pictures will show what values do what:

The 1st pic is what you get when column AN is set to "1", AT is set to "1" and AZ is set to "1", from this point on I will simply do the numbers as "xxx", or in this case for the first pic, "111"

The 2nd pic has the columns set to "112" and the 3rd pic the columns are set to "221"

The above series is as follows:

1st pic = "222"
      2nd pic = "331"
      3rd pic = "332"

The above are as follows:

1st pic = "441"
      2nd pic = "442"
      3rd pic = "551"
      4th pic = "552"

This last pic shows what happens when you use a number that is out of range, that one has the columns set at "652"

OK, well that should do it.

This only appears to work for clothing as none of the accessory .lst file have anything like those columns, and from what warior has found in doing his mods, there are values inside the .xx files you can use to control how reflection maps are applied, but I will explain that another time as I need to do more experiments with that aspect myself.

Hope you enjoyed that quicky tutorial, and if I remeber correctly, this was originally done by our fellow Club member sosola, so give him all the reps for doing such a great job finding what values do what and making pics for each one.

Happy modding!

Comment

AG2 TblEditor

Hi, the readme.txt file that came with my copy of TblEditor is by humungus, and he mentioned the possibility of someone writing a tutorial. Maybe he did one, I don't know, but, such as it is, this is simple a walkthrough of how to use TblEditor to insert modded files into Artificial Girl 2 .tbl and .pp files.

TblEditor works on .tbl files, but in AG2, every .tbl file has an associated .pp file. The .pp file contains all of the .bmp, .tga., and mesh files that make the graphics of the game. The .tbl file tells the game engine what is in the .pp file.

In SB3 terms, the .tbl files do the same things as .lst files.

BEFORE PROCEEDING
        Make a back up of both the .tbl and .pp files that you are going to mod.
        They will have the same name: AI2_01.tbl goes with AI2_01.pp

Unzip the TblEditor archive into a folder somewhere.
        It can be in your AG2\Data directory but it doesn't need to be: the first time you locate your AG2\Data file to open up a *.tbl file, it will remember the location.
        Open the program, it should look like this:

Click [(O)pen].
        You will see a standard Explorer type screen and you can locate your AG2\Data folder.
        Select the file you want to open.
        It will only show .tbl files, but the utility will mod the associated .pp file as well.

When the file is open you will see TblEditor again, this time with a list of all the files in the .tbl/.pp file.

Now click on [(A)dd].
        You will again see an Explorer screen, but this time, locate the modded files that you want to insert into the game.

When you have selected the files (and it can be very helpful to gather them all into a single directory, so long as they are going into the same .tbl/.pp file) click on [Open] in the Explorer screen.
        At this point most noobs will break out into a cold sweat because of the scary screen that pops up next:

DON'T PANIC.
        Take a deep breath.
        The buttons are easy to figure out.
        This is a confirmation screen to have you verify that you want to overwrite data (YES, you do.)

Button 1 Confirm single file replace
        Button 2 Skip single file
        Button 3 Confirm replace ALL files
        Button 4 Chicken out (skip all file replacement)

The last thing you need to do is [Save] your new file.
        If you are using AG2 Harem for inserting mods then you must also click on the [Save (J)S2 List] button.

OK, you're good. Of course, you made a back up of your original data files (.tbl/.pp) right?

Zac Medley
        Professor Emeritus of Biotakuy (Bishoujo Otakuology)

Comment

----
          SCHOOL MATE SHADING MAP FAQ & TUTORIAL

----

Purpose of the shading texture
          This texture is used for shadowing, highlighting and coloring the parent mesh with the colors of the shading map. The pixels on the left side are used for coloring and shadowing, while the pixels on the right side are used for highlights and light reflections.
          A good example would be the girls bodies - they all use the same texture, but they skin color is different. This is because the shading map consists of colors varying from girl to girl.
          You could have a Red Pantie, with blue and green shadows/highlights by creating a shading map which consist of these colors.

Meshes and their shading textures
          Skin meshes are using 2 shading textures, propably to achive better shading and/or to have 1 file entirely for shadowing, the other one for highlighting of the parent mesh.
          Clothes are using 1 shading map, which will add shadows and mainly some sort of reflection (glossy highlighting) to the rendered mesh.

Censored Body Parts and Shading
          Censored body parts do not have shading. You can hex edit the files to enable shading. So far, my uncensor is kinda the base for other uncensor mods, since it has mesh, materials and textures preconfigured to enable shading and other stuff. If you use it as your base, like with all other mods you base your work on, be sure to give credit.

body01_[0] and [1] , upper legs lower legs, and socks shading errors
          Do not edit these files. as soon as you edit the body01 mehs only 1 bit (moving 1 vertex for 1pxl), you'll corrupt the mesh and causing the upper leg using Skin Shading (skintone shading) for the Socks as well! The same goes for the sock meshes. Edit them, and youll have skintone shadows on your socks. Looks buttugly.

Update: Edit by Alamar: Tracked the shading problem to the "Set Transparency Bytes" mqo option. You have to make sure it's unchecked when replacing body meshes.
          This should fix the shading corruption.

Tutorials
          Here's a tutorial on how to create a proper shading map in 3steps (in this case in The Gimp):

Create a Colour Gradient from Pixel 1 to 14

Create another from pixel 3 to 14

Finished Shading Map:

The pixel locations from where to start and end the Gradient are important!
          Last edited by Kolyce; 06-25-2007, 02:35 PM.
          />>->MY SCHOOL MATE MODS-/
          School Mate ADVANCED UNCENSOR V3C (School Mate Advanced Uncensor V3 (proper shading, 2 different pussy textures, 3D vagina)
          School Mate ENGLISH INTERFACE MOD V0.8d(Official HF-ModClub English Interface Mod, Illusion Logo removed, Movie Crash Fix)
          School Mate Shading Map/Texture FAQ and Tutorial (What are shading files? How to use them? How to make new shading maps? <- Find the answers here)

Comment

AG3 Mesh Mod Tutorial

AG3 Mesh Mod Tutorial, Part 1

OK kiddies time for a new tutorial...

Since my PM box is being bombarded lately, thought I better stem the tide and show you a step by step process for adding a new object to an existing mesh.

First off run, don't walk, and go get Alamar's SB3Utility, found here:

[Mod Discussion Thread](Illusion) SchoolMate

Install it where ever you want, doesn't really matter.

You may also need to get Managed DirectX Dlls if you wish to use the rendering feature of SB3U, and you can get those here:

http://www.geocities.com/hg131313/SB...rectX_Dlls.zip

Copy those .dll's into the same directory where you have SB3U at.

Another must have tool is Metasequoia

This is a nice small, but powerful 3D program. The meshes you extract with SB3U are in .mqo format, you will need this program in order to view and or mod the meshes.

Can get it here: http://www.metaseq.net/english/index.html.

When you run Metasequoia, make sure you are NOT in "Basic" mode. You can check this by going into the "File" menu and make sure there is NO checkmark next to the "Basic" item on that menu.

also, Alamar's AG3 Decrypt v2.1, found here:

[Mod Release Thread](Illusion) Artificial Girl 3 (Open for business)

Will be handy as well..

With both of Alamar's tools, you MUST have at .NET Framework v2.0 installed. Go do a Google search for more info if you don't know what that is.

Sorry, no way around this requirement.

OK..with these tools we are set to go...

The mesh I'll be modding is the number 12 back hair for AG3, otherwise known as the Ponytail Hair. The .xx file for that particular hair is a12_02_12.xx and is contained inside js3_00_02_00.pp file.

So, using my trusty AG3Decrypt_to_MakeTrial-Retail.exe tool (hereafter known as AG3Decrypt), I unpack js3_00_02_00.pp in my AG3 "data" directory by dragging and dropping (known from this point on as D&D) that .pp file onto AG3Decrypt and you'll wind up with a new folder named js3_00_02_00 that has all the files that were contained inside js3_00_02_00.pp.

Don't freak at the amount of files...I know there's a shitload in there...the only one we are interested in is a12_02_12.xx.

Once you locate it, I would HIGHLY advise you go make a couple new folders somewhere on your HD to copy this file to.

For example, create a folder named C:\AG3_Mod, then inside THAT folder create another folder named "Ponytail"
            (So you should have a structure like this C:\AG3_Mod\Ponytail)

Take the a12_02_12.xx file and copy it into that Ponytail folder. Then go back up to the C:\AG3_Mod folder and copy AG3Decrypt utility into that directory. You should have something similar to this:

You do have a12_02_12.xx in that Ponytail folder right? Just checking...

Now D&D the Ponytail folder onto AG3Decrypt. It'll create a new .pp file named...Ponytail.pp.

Fire up SB3Utility and D&D the Ponytail.pp file pretty much anywhere on the SB3U UI screen. You should see the file listed in the upper left part of SB3U under the .pp tab, like so:

Click that filename itself with your left mouse button and you'll see in the bottom left side of SB3U, all the .xx files listed, like so:

Since we only have the one, all you should see is a12_02_12.xx

Again, left mouse click the a12_02_12.xx thats listed, and you'll now see some stuff listed in the center section of SB3U:

What we are interested in is the meshes, so click the Mesh tab and you should see this:

Yep, only four meshes listed:
            1. o01_kami01_B
            2. o01_kami02_B
            3. o01_kami02_BU
            4. o01_kami_gomu

I really don't need them all, but I will do so anyway, just to make things easier for you folks new to mesh modding.

In the center window in SB3U, left click your mouse and hold and drag until all the meshes are selected like so:

If you have the "Render" option on, you'll notice you dont see anything in that little window in the lower right corner. The meshes don't always appear in there and in this case you will have to scroll out in order to see what they look like.

So take your mouse arrow and hover it over that grey window and scroll the your mouse wheel from top to bottom (zoom out) untill you see something like this:

I know...very hard to see, but at least it's there...

Now using your RIGHT mouse button move the meshes more towards the center of the grey screen, then scroll your mouse wheel from bottom to top to zoom in, like so:

You can also ue the left mouse wheel to rotate this rendered view. Pretty neat huh? You can thank Alamar later for this great program later.

Now, lets extract these meshes. You have two options here, either extract each mesh separate, or as a combined mesh.

To make things easy, lets do a Single mesh, so make sure you have that option checked in SB3U. Also, and it's not always needed, but you'll also want to check the "Use Transforms" option for theses meshes.

Transforms is basically the postion of the mesh relative to the main body. If you don't use this option, when you open the meshes in Metasequoia, they look as if they are positioned on the floor and not where the head would be. Just trust me on this for now, and just use that option.

The 10x option just scales the meshes for easier viewing in Meta, otherwise they be kinda tiny and hard to work with. Not required, but I suggest you ALWAYS have it checked for any mesh extraction.

Extraction Format should be set to Metasequoia as well.

See below for the circled areas as an example:

Now, hit the "Extract" button...

Wow, exciting, wasn't it?

Go back into your C:\AG3_Mod\Ponytail folder and you'll see you have something new...A folder named a12_02_12, like so:

Let's see what's inside...

OK, we have our combined meshes, meshes0.mqo, and the textures associated with them, ab12_02_12.tga in this new folder.

Hopefully you took my advice and got Metasequoia installed somewhere, you can now open that meshes0.mqo with it.

I happen to have all .mqo files associated to Metasequoia, so all I need to do is double click that file and I get this:

Very similar to what SB3U showed, but a little far away. Hit Ctrl+F to zoom in:

Much better. Now I can either use my right mouse button to rotate around the mesh or use that purple looking icon in the upper right to do the same thing, up to you what you prefer.

Now to create a new object. Look at the panel on the left side of Meta. Try to get something similar to this:

Click the "ObjPanel" button to open a new window, similar to this:

In that panel click the "New" button and you should see a new entry in the panel named "obj1" appear.

Now, back to that main panel, see a button named "Primitive" click it and a new panel should appear in the upper right:

See the button tha kinda' loolks like a doughnut (called a torus btw) in the middle there...click it. You may need to scroll out in the main window as well as repostion the screen for a better view, but try to get something like this:

Got our basic shape, but lets add some segments to smooth out the mesh, so click that "Segment" button and the arrows will change shape:

Hover your mouse over that yellow box, and you should see it change color. Left click and hold your mouse button and then drag the mouse to the right to add segments. Get it to where you feel like it looks rather smooth like so:

Then press the "Create" button. ONLY do it once!

Congrats, made your very own brand spanking new mesh object!

Again on the main panel on the left side, hit the "Select" button...

Whoa! What the..!? Yes, the object took on the hair material and is HUGE..don't worry, we'll fix that.

Left panel again, and click the "MatPanel" button for yet another panel, should look like this:

Let's create a new materail shall we? Click "New" in the MatPanel and you'll see a new entry called "mat1"

It's basically a blank slate, and well add a texture in just a bit here, but lets apply this mat1 to that new object anyway.

Left panel, click the "Sel Obj" You wont see anything happen as we have the "Ln" button at the top turned off. Just click that "Ln" button to turn on the Mesh lines:

At the very top menu, click to open the "Selected" drop down window and click the "set material to faces" option:

Bingo! The new obj has that new material set. Congrats again..well done. Lets turn off those annoying lines again by clicking the "Ln" button again.

Ok..Obj is still way too big and in the wrong position.

Left panel, click the "Scale" button:

Like we did with the Segments, hover the mouse over the middle yellow square and hold down the left mouse button and move your mouse to the LEFt this time. You'll see the object shrink..get it down fairly small for right now:

Left panel, click the "Move" button and click and hold your left mouse button over the GREEN arrow. We want to move it closer to the ponytail. Get it to look something like this:

Left panel, "Rot" button. See the new panel? Click the X-Axis button and in the number field, type in 90 and press OK.

OK we are getting there.

Now with all the instructions I have given you, you should have little trouble getting this in the right position. Use a combination of the "Move", "Scale" and maybe even some more "Rot" if you wish to get it to look something like this:

Just make sure that the ring object is selected the whole time while doing this, if for some reason you mistakenly de-selected it while moving and scaling it, remember to hit that "Sel Obj" button again to select it again.

That ring looks rather boring and plain don't ya think? Yea, time to add a texture to it.

Here's where you are kinda on your own. Open your favorite graphics editor and make a .bmp file with some color to it, maybe even add some noise or shadowing effects, just let your imagination do the talking. I personally made a .bmp like this:

Sorta' mimics a beaten gold look, and close to what I want.

Take whatever .bmp you make and copy it into the C:\AG3_Mod\Ponytail\a12_02_12 folder. Mine I named ab12_02_12_Gold.bmp to keep with the naming scheme Illusion uses, but it's not required you do the same.

Back to Metasequoia, Left panel, click the "MatProp" button to open a window.

Click the "mat1" on the left side to choose it and in the "Texture" field, copy the name of your .bmp into it. Click "OK"

Alright. Now we got a texture applied. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

Lets save what we have. Left panel, click the "SaveAs" button and save this mesh in the same folder as the meshes0.mqo.

I would rename it as "meshes1.mqo" just so we can keep the original untouched for now, just in case.

PART TWO TOMORROW I PROMISE...GETTING LATE FOR ME TO DO MORE, BUT GIVES YOU TIME TO ABSORB THE INFO I HAVE GIVEN YOU SO FAR

Next time well actually get this into the game itself

Last edited by wurlox; 01-11-2008, 12:58 AM.

Comment

AG3 Mesh Mod Tutorial, Part 2

AG3 Mesh Mod Tutorial, Part 2

OK...where'd we leave off...

So far got the Ponytail mesh extracted, made a new object and even applied a texture.

Now, we need to make some finishing touches and then get this mod in the game.

Hopefuly you did what I suggested and saved the new mesh in the C:\AG3_Mod\Ponytail\a12_02_12 folder, and named it something like meshes1.mqo.

Open that file in Meta, and have at least the ObjPanel open. If you want you can also open the MatPanel as well, similar to this:

In the ObjPanel click to highlight obj1, and in MatPanel, click to highlight mat1 like so:

What we need to do is make sure our new mesh object is triangulated otherwise AG3 will NOT accept it. So in the left panel, click the "Sel Obj" button, just like I told you to do in the last installment.

Unless you have the "Ln" button at the top of the screen on, you won't see anything happen, but no worries, it should be selected.

In the top drop down menu, "Selected", scroll down and click the "Triangulate selected faces" and now we have a mesh ready for importing into AG3.

But, looking at the custom ring mesh, I can see it's still a little rough looking, so I am going to see about making it actually look round.

In the top drop down menu, "Object", scroll down and click "Mesh smoothing" and a small window will open up like so:

The default setting is "4", but I have found that is kinda too high for simple shapes like this ring so I am going to set it to "2" and click the "OK" button. Here I have a before pic of the ring I did:

And the after mesh smoothing pic here:

Much better, yea? Be very careful with the mesh smoothing option, it jacks up the vert count and can also deform meshes, so learn to love the "Undo" button when experimenting with this feature.

We now MUST give the obj1 a new name, so we need to get into the ObjProp screen so either use the button on the left panel, or double-click obj1 from the ObjPanel to open a new screen like this:

The field at the top is where we will make a new name, and we are going to name it to "o01_kami_gomu[1]". The reason being is we need to sort of keep the same name scheme otherwise SB3U will NOT import our new mesh otherwise.

Lets also rename the material "mat1" and it's the same as renaming the object, either use the left panel "MatProp" button or double-click mat1 in the MatPanel to get a screen like this:

Again, top field where you see the mat1 name, name it to something like "Gold_mat_01" and press the OK key. Unlike the naming of the mesh, this is not critical, nor really required, but still a good lesson for you to learn.

You should have something like this now:

Alright, now we can save this "meshes1.mqo" or if you want, save it to whatever name you like.

Doesn't really matter as the only thing that does matter are the meshes inside...

I am just going to leave it as meshes1.mqo for simplicity sake for this tutorial.

Well, since I had to cut short the first part of this tutorial last night, I need to start up SB3U again and open the Ponytail.pp again, so we get the same kinda view I left off with:

First off, lets get that ab12_02_12_Gold.bmp texture we made into the Ponytail.pp file. Just like I told you can D&D the Ponytail.pp file anywhere on the SB3U UI to open it, you can do the same with the .bmp, so you should get something like this:

You see that ab12_02_12_Gold.bmp is listed in the "Img" tab in the upper left corner of SB3U. Now, left click that filename to highlight it, and something like this should happen:

See on the right side, we have a thumbnail of what the texture is in the "Texture/Image" tab. All we need to do now is click the "Add" button and it will be added to the .pp file (well sorta'...I'll explain what I mean by that in a bit...)

You can verify that it's been added by looking in the center section under the "Texture" tab like so:

That was the easy part, here's where you REALLY need to pay attention, as now we need a new material so it can use this gold texture.

In the center section of SB3U, you see that "Material" tab, click it and you should only see one item listed, "m01_kamiB" like so:

Click that material file name to highlight it and you'll get some additional info on the right side of SB3U like so:

Not important to know what all that is, but wanted you to see it at any rate.

See in the bottom right of SB3U, the "Copy To New Material" button, click it...

Yep, just cloned that m01_kamiB with the same name and settings as the original. We want to change the name and what texture this material is going to use, so click this cloned version to highlight it like so:

In the right side of SB3U, see that 1st field under "Name", where it has "m01_kamiB" in it? Lets change that to "Gold_mat_01" just like we did for the mesh in Metasequoia. Not required that it have the same name, but makes things easier to keep track of more then anything:

In the right side of SB3U, see that 1st field under "Textures Used" where it has a file name "ab12_02_12.tga" in it? Lets put the name of our Gold texture "ab12_02_12_Gold.bmp" in there instead:

Leave all the other stuff in the right side alone, and then press the "Apply" button and now we have a new material with our new texture associated with it. You should have something like this in the center part of SB3U:

Getting close to the finish line here folks...

Now for the custom mesh.

Just like with the .pp file and the .bmp file, we can D&D the meshes1.mqo onto SB3U to open it.

You'll see in the upper left side on SB3U that the meshes1.mqo is now listed under the .mqo tab like so:

In the center section, click the "Mesh" tab, much like we did before when we extracted the original meshes, so you should see something like this:

Don't bother with the render window for right now...you dont need to see the meshes for this next step anyway.

Click any of the four meshes in the center window, I just picked "o01_kami01_B" since its the top one listed. Also you'll want to re-click the meshes01.mqo filename in the left upper window, as SB3U needs to know what mesh you wish to import, so you should end up with a screen similar to this:

See how "o01_kami01_B" has a slight greyish highlighting, that's what we are looking for.

On the right side of SB3U, we need to have the following options set:

"Mqo Options" set to "Use Transforms"
              "Other Options" set to "Single File"
              "Replace Method" set to "Copy Bones"

Look at the circled stuff to see what I am talking about:

It's not ALWAYS neccessary to use the settings I gave, but I don't want to confuse the issue, so we'll leave things like this for now.

And don't worry about any of the other settings, just leave them as is.

Here we go...Press the "Replace" button...

Did it work? Nothing blew up? Computer isn't smoking by chance is it?

If everything went as expected, we now have our custom mesh in the game file now.

You'll know if something went wrong, as either SB3U will crash..or you'll get a bunch of error meesages in the very bottom in the log window.

Hopefully your log looks something like this:

[10:08:15 PM] Using mesh object 0 as a base for o01_kami01_B[0]
              [10:08:15 PM] Replaced mesh o01_kami01_B
              [10:08:15 PM] Using mesh object 0 as a base for o01_kami02_B[0]
              [10:08:15 PM] Replaced mesh o01_kami02_B
              [10:08:15 PM] Using mesh object 0 as a base for o01_kami02_BU[0]
              [10:08:15 PM] Replaced mesh o01_kami02_BU
              [10:08:15 PM] Using mesh object 0 as a base for o01_kami_gomu[0]
              [10:08:15 PM] Warning: no mesh object base number found, so using 0 as a base for o01_kami_gomu[1]
              [10:08:15 PM] Replaced mesh o01_kami_gomu
              [10:08:15 PM] Updating object tree...
              [10:08:15 PM] Finished updating

If so, we are almost finsihed.

That custom ring mesh we made, the one named o01_kami_gomu[1], we need to have it use that new material we set-up just a bit ago in SB3U, and the way to do that is in the center part of SB3U, under the Mesh tab, click and highlight the o01_kami_gomu mesh listed.

On the right side of SB3U, you should see a small little list window that's right under the "Set for Selected" button, like so:

See how there are two items listed there, one is the original mesh (it's that hair ribbon in case you didn't already know, thats what o01_kami_gomu[0] in Meta is) and the other listed is our ring mesh (which is the one we renamed to o01_kami_gomu[1]).

As you look at that above screenshot, you can see that both those meshes are using the same material, m01_kamiB. We want to change the second mesh in that list window to use the "Gold_mat_01" material we made before.

So, highlight by clicking that bottom mesh like so:

Then in the "Material" dropdown list above, click that arrow to get a listing of materials, and there should only be two like this:

Click the Gold_mat_01 one and then click the "Set for Selected" button, and voila! That custom ring mesh is now using the custom material with the custom texture we imported earlier.

Want proof everything went as intended? Easy, go into the center section of SB3U, click the Mesh tab, and select all the meshes, just like we did when extracting.

Reposition the mesh in the render widow again, and hopefully you'll see something much like this:

Nice huh?

Not done yet...remember when we put the .bmp into the Pomytail.pp and I said that it was "sorta" added, what I meant was the files and materials are set and ready for SAVING.

We still need to save the Ponytail.pp file. If you were to close SB3U right now, you will lose all that hard work getting this stuff in, SO DO NOT CLOSE SB3U until after you save.

You can thank Alamar for this nice bit of coding because if something were to go wrong, or you messed up somewhere along the instructions I gave, you have not messed up the original file.

You can simply start over fresh. Yes, go give the man reps...

To save, go into the "File" drop down at the very top left of SB3U and click "Save .pp" or Ctrl+S for a quicky method.

Alright...done for the most part. Grab a beer, take a coffee break, smoke 'em if ya got 'em, because the hard part is done.

The only thing left is we now need to get our modded "a12_02_12.xx" out of the newly saved Ponytail.pp and into the game.

Easy enough to do, just go to your C:\AG3_Mod folder and you should see not only Ponytail.pp but a backup of the original named Ponytail.1.pp

Yep, SB3U makes an automatic backup for you and increments the number for each save, so if we were to save the Ponytail.pp again for some reason, there'd be a file named Ponytail.2.pp. You can see how this can come in handy.

Anyway, D&D Ponytail.pp onto AG3Decrypt and it will extract the modded a12_02_12.xx into the C:\AG3_Mod\Ponytail folder.

Take that modded a12_02_12.xx and copy it into the js3_00_02_00 folder (should be in your AG3 "data" directory) which if you remember from the 1st part of this tutorial we extracted.

You will be overwriting the a12_02_12.xx file contained in there, so don't freak, that's what you are supposed to do.

Now repack the js3_00_02_00 folder by D&D it onto AG3Decrypt. May take a little while...lots of files in there, just let AG3Decrypt do it's thing and wait for it to end.

Yep, AG3Decrypt also makes a backup of the original js3_00_02_00.pp file and names it js3_00_02_00.bak0.pp.

You did go thank Alamar right?

Now for the test!

Fire up AG3_Make, Create a new character, I just happend to use the one Illusion starts you off with, go to the Hair tab, and select the number 12 Back hair and would you look at that:

Yep, Ponytail hair with the custom ring mesh attached and everything.

Thus ends this lesson folks.

See, not so hard to do some neat stuff, just need the proper tools and some imagination.

Not saying you'll be able to totaly redo every mesh in this game, or add stuff the way most of us would like to do, as in many cases, animation and bones play a big factor on what works and what won't.

But for something like we just did, shouldn't be all that hard to duplicate the results for just about anything else.

So go out and have fun with modding, that's what it's really all about, don't let this kind of thing take over your life, and don't get upset if something doesn't work...Hey, it's happened to all of us that have tried mesh modding, goes with the territory.

Hope you enjoyed!
              Last edited by wurlox; 01-11-2008, 01:59 AM.

Comment

AG3 - Fun with animation!

OK kiddies, here's a simple little tutorial on changing the animation in AG3.

First, tools needed:

Grab Alamar's very latest version of SB3 Utility (hereafter SB3U) from here:

[Mod Discussion Thread](Illusion) SchoolMate

Then give the man reps and bow down to his god-like coding abilities.

You may also need to get Managed DirectX Dlls if you wish to use the rendering feature of SB3U, and you can get those here:

http://www.geocities.com/hg131313/SB...rectX_Dlls.zip

You must have .NET Framework 2.0 to run this program...sorry no way around this, so don't bitch and moan if you can't figure out how to get that installed. Google is your friend...

Now, this is a rather simple mod as compared to my last tutorial, or at least not as many hoops you have to jump through.

Create a directory and put both SB3U and the Managed DirectX dll's in there and start the SB3U program.

Should get a screen like this:

Now wherever you have AG3 installed you want to go into the "data" directory (for example mine is at D:\illusion\AG3\data)

Inside the data directory look for the file js3_00_02_00.pp and using your left mouse button, click and hold that file and Drag & Drop it somewhere onto the SB3U interface, and SB3U will load up that file. You can also just use the File menu in SB3U and do it the old fashioned way and naviagte to you data directory.

Should get something like this:

Click the file in that .pp window to highlight it and you'll then see a listing of the .xx files appear in the lower left window in SB3U like so:

We are NOT interested in the .xx files but in the .xa files, so click the .xa tab in that lower left window and you'll see a listing of five .xa files.

Click the sx01_01_01.xa in that window to highlight it and you should see a new tab appear in the center section of SB3U named Skeletal and click that tab, should look like this:

See in the Meshes to Animate screen near the top center? You'll see the js3_00_02_00.pp listed in there, as of course you have this particular file opened. Click it to highlight and in the window right below it you'll see a listing of all the .xx files contained inside. Example:

Scroll ALL the way to the bottom untill you see the s15_01.xx file and click to highlight it. This file contains the Guy's meshes btw...

Then that window to the right should list all the meshes inside this .xx file:

We are only interested in a couple of the meshes inside, so in that window, find and highlight

s01_O_karada_01 and
                s01_O_hada_01

Use your "Ctrl" key in order to highlight multiple meshes. Then click the "Load Meshes" button and you should see the Guy's body and Arms, which is what those meshes you choose contained:

Stardard neutral pose is what you should see.

Now, in the Animation Sequences window at the bottom you should have and entry named "立ち" Click to highlight it and you'll see the pose change in the render window to this:

Under the rendering window you can click the arrow button to play this animation sequence, though you really won't see the Guy do much.

This is his standing pose while in the game, which means he ain't supposed to do a helluva lot...

We want to change this...gonna turn him into a pervert.

Make sure you stopped the animation and click the "Edit" button and a new window will pop open like so:

Again, go to the "立ち" entry and you'll see the first two columns are "Start" and "Stop"

In the "Start" entry change it from 10 to 340, and in the "Stop" entry change it from 30 to 360, and click the "Accept" button. Should look like this when done:

Click the "OK" button to get back to the main SB3U screen.

You'll probably have to re-highlight the "立ち" entry in the Animation Sequences window, but when you do, you should see something much like this (I rotated and zoomed in a little to get that view, so you will have to as well):

NOW...hit the play button...

Yes, yes..I know, his penis isn't showing..that's OK, we don't really need to see it to know what the Guy is doing.

If you want to save this new Standing pose, simply go into the "File" menu of SB3U and click the "Save .pp" option. SB3U will save a new js3_00_02_00.pp file and create a backup of the original you loaded, so if you don't like this mod, you can easily revert to the backup version.

Go into the game and enjoy the Guy acting like a constant pervert when ever he is standing still.

You won't see his unit unless he's naked, but at least now the Girls have a legit reason to run off in terror when he's naked.

Hope you enjoyed this lesson on animation editing.

Big thanks go to Alamar who updated SB3U in order to properly do this kind of editing. Thanks buddy!
                Last edited by wurlox; 06-21-2008, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Tutorial: Painting a face/skin texture in Photoshop. Color map.

Hi All! I'm slowly teaching myself some basic modding. I'm deeply impressed with the body of knowledge some of the advanced users here like Wurlox have put together. So kudos and a million thanks to the whole community. At the same time, as a newbie, some of it is a bit advanced for me, especially the more artistic side of things that require some serious finesse. So I'm also looking for general info on the web. I came across this tutorial elsewhere, and I believe it's excellent enough to offer back to the HF boards. I hope it's alright posting external links.

What it is is a very detailed yet easy to follow tutorial for painting a face texture in Photoshop beginning with the UV map. What I found particularly informative is the description of how to begin, how to build up color layers for the right effects, suggestions about color palettes, etc. Basically, for anyone new to the hobby, wanting to do some Photoshop manipulation of textures, I think it's a great place to get a general idea of what some of you more advanced users are talking about.

The other thing about the tutorial is that it's pretty generic. It assumes you have the UV map to begin with, and then it's all Photoshop from there.

Again, I hope this tutorial will be of use to others. All credit goes to the author at madartgraphics.

http://madartgraphics.com/tutorials/face1.htm

Comment

LST_INSERT Tutorial

Ok, i know alot of people have said they don't know how to use this feature, well im tried of manually changing everyones .lst files so i've decided to write a tutorial to use this feature proficently.

Let's get started shall we, firstly we're going to need to extract the .lst files as they will be needed alot as we go through this tutorial.

I personally used js3 wizzard, but you can use ag3decrypt brought to you by the one and only Alamar, for the sake of this tutorial i'm going to use Ag3Decrypt, assuming you already have this (it comes included with illusion wizzard just so you know, reps to darkhound and Alamar for these 2 lovely programs ) Easy enough to use, ill even refrain from a screenshot here because its way to simple to mess this up.

Ok take the file js3_00_00_00.pp from your AG3 folder which just incase you arent sure where this is (im keeping all my bases covered here lol) should be C:\program files\illusion\AG3 or wherever you installed the game too, and D&D into AG3Decrypter to unpack the .pp file.

Now you will have a new folder named js3_00_00_00 in your ag3 folder, dont worry about this for now you will need it alot shortly though.

Ok next up your going to need your newly made .xx (or ive seen a few .pp files been created AVOID MAKING NEW .PP FILES THEY TAKE UP WAAAY TO MUCH SPACE) assuming youve made one (why are you even reading this walkthrough if you haven't?)

If your .xx is still named after the original, your going to want to rename it to something different, i'm going to use the curvaceous mod as an example because its already stored on my desktop.

So let's say your .xx file is still a40_02_01_01.xx your going to have to relabel this to something different, i called mine a40_02_01_01Curve.xx as you can see not a major difference and still easy to tell which belongs to what clothing.

Right next you're gonna need to edit your existing .lst file so lets open up that folder that AG3Decrypter created, you know js3_00_00_00 and take out the .lst file needed for this item of clothing. For this certain item of clothing we're going to need 02_01_02.lst so take that and for now lets pop it onto the desktop for easier access.

Ok your going to want to open up the .lst so assuming it came up like it first did on mine as an unrecognised file type, you need to right click the file and choose open with from the menu, then choose notepad and the .lst will now appear in notepad looking something like this:

Incase yours doesnt look like this, i have already installed darkhound's lst mod which you can get here: darkhounds lst mod

If you don't already have this installed, install it via illusion wizzard, then just re-extract the .lst files and get yourself back to this point again.

How i did this was simple enough, as my .xx file uses the original textures i copied (ctrl + c) the line that i need which was the normal panties so this line :

and im going to put it under the already filled lines so ill put it here:

See how its the one under everything else? so it'll be line 69, now highlight the line as shown and paste the new one in its place.

Your going to have to change a few things here, firstly the line number will be wrong, your going to have to change it 69 again, then move along to where it says normal panties (the very first one that says this) and add what you want it to show as in your list (i called mine normal panties (curvaceous) you get the idea).

Then go along to the next line, the one with your .xx file so for mine, a40_02_01_01.xx and relabel that to, a40_02_01_01Curve.xx or whatever your new .xx file is called.

So your finished .lst file looks like this.

Ok now your done with this for the time being so save it, DO NOT click "save as", relabel the file or do anything other than what i have told you at this point or it will no longer be an lst file.

Next up your going to need lst compare, you can get that here :

lst compare

Extract the files inside to your desktop or wherever you want them to go, and open the .exe file you will see what looks like this:

Notice that lst_file_dir= is an emtpy line, to fix this close lst compare and inside the folder with the .exe file should now be a file named "lst_compare configuration settings", click this and you should see what looks like this:

now add to the first line where your original .lst files are, make sure its to the exact same .lst file as you've edited so it will look like this:

See what ive done there? Ok now save that and close the window you won't need it again unless you want to change different lst files.

Now reopen lst_compare.exe and you will see what our changes just did, it will look along the lines of this:

Now to test all that hard work has done its job.

Firstly close the lst_compare window.

Take the 02_01_01.lst from your desktop and drop it onto the lst_compare.exe file the same way you do with AG3Decrypter and a new file will create into the lst_compare folder called modfile.txt (you can edit the filename through configuration settings but im trying not to complicate anything).

Open up modfile.txt and see what it looks like, it should look like your normal .lst file but with added numbers and such at the start, scroll down to where you added your new line and see how it looks. Mine looks like this:

The next step is to get rid of everything in there you dont need, so delete everything but line 69 in my case so after im done itll look like this:

Now save this and label it something appropriate i called mine Curve_1.txt (i made it one because i made several LST_INSERT files)

Now to get it into the game with your mod. Assuming you already know how to make illusion friendly mods this is simple. create a folder called LST_INSERT and add Curve_1.txt (or whatever you called your file) into this folder and add it into the AG3 folder you will ultimatley add into your 7zp file for illusion wizzard.

Then when you install into the game your new mod will no longer overwrite any other clothing if all worked well, if not you made a serious mess of things somewhere (how i do not know i gave you enough pictures )

Edit: Also you can do numerous lines at once, so i did line 69 in 02_01_01.lst you could do line 69 to 100 if you wanted all at once, aslong as you have the appropirate .xx files and you edit everything to how it should be.

A word of warning, if you intend on doing what i did with the Curvaceous mod (take a look at how i did it if you like by dismantling the mod and looking at everything) you will have to create LST_INSERT files for each different .lst file you want to edit. I got numerous errors when i tried to do 3 .lst files to one LST_INSERT file.

Give reps to Alamar and darkhound for making this readme and the entire process possible.

Any queries pm me, any issues with the software, contact appropriate authors.

And happy modding
                    Last edited by playboy6174; 02-06-2008, 09:25 AM.

Comment

AG3 New Transition Point Tutorial

This tutorial will guide you through adding two new transition points to AG3.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------
                      A few people asked me a question so...
                      What are transition points ?

I don't call them doors, simply because they aren't ; ).

They are more like invisible teleport pads that sit at the base of the doors in the game. Doors that lead to
                      other doors. Well, it's the transitions points that lead to other transition points. Without the one in your bedroom,
                      you'd never leave your bedroom, even though you have a door.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------
                      We will add one to the guy's bedroom, in front of the closet, and another
                      to the White Room.

I cannot cover every little detail, and figure you won't be attempting this without first having tried other mods, and are familiar with the tools and programs required.

Tools needed. Have a look at the above tutorials for links if you don't
                      already have these.

Metasequoia.
                      AG3 Decrypt.
                      SB3 Utility.
                      Notepad.
                      Graphics Editor.
                      Pen and paper.

If you haven't already done so, create a folder on your hard drive for
                      AG3 Modding. Add a sub folder for this project.

You are going to need to know how to use Metasequoia.
                      You also need to know how to modify the object tree in SB3 Utility.
                      I will give some details as needed, but won't go in depth as to the use
                      of those tools.

Step 1.

Decrypt the js3_00_00_00.pp file with AG3 Decrypt. Copy the folder created
                      to your mod project folder. The folder contains all of the *.lst files.
                      Open js00_00_00.lst in notepad.
                      We won't be making any changes here, but it is important that you understand how this file relates to locations.
                      Two entries for every location in the game. All of the files associated with
                      a given location are found in this list.
                      Notice the 6th column. Entries range from 0 to 17, and are unique to each location.

This number will be used as a target or identifier, when creating transition points.

Just wanted you to see that, and understand how it relates to locations.

Step 2.
                      Extracting the resource files.

Start SB3 Utility and open up the js3_00_01_00.pp file. We are going to extract resources for four *.xx files.
                      UN CHECK the following boxes in the utility.
                      Replace Normals. Single File.

Check the following boxes.
                      x10 Mode. Use Transforms. Extraction Format Metasequoia. Replace Method Normal.

Starting with mh00_00_00.xx (the guy's bedroom). Select that file and switch to the mesh tab. Select the top most mesh, scroll down, and shift-left click the bottom most file. With all the mesh objects highlighted, click the extract button.

A folder will be created in your AG3/data folder. js3_00_01_00. With a sub dir and the files we just extracted, .mqo's and textures.

Repeat the same process for the following files.
                      mh00_99_99.xx
                      mh03_00_00.xx
                      mh03_99_99.xx

Before closing SB3 Utility, have a look at the contents of the 'other' tab. 132 files.
                      We can't do anything with those at the moment, just notice that each location has many other files associated with the .xx files.

Close the utility, cut the js3_00_01_00 folder that SB3 Utility created, and paste it to your mod project folder.

Step 3.
                      Metasequoia.

For work flow, project management, I always create 2 sub folders in each of the locations folders, like so.

AG3 Modding/Locations/js3_00_01_00/mh00_00_00/Original.
                      AG3 Modding/Locations/js3_00_01_00/mh00_00_00/Modding.

AG3 Modding/Locations/js3_00_01_00/mh00_99_99/Original.
                      AG3 Modding/Locations/js3_00_01_00/mh00_99_99/Modding.
                      etc...

I move the extracted files in each folder, to the sub dir 'original' folder.
                      Any changes I make to these files get saved in the sub dir 'modding' folder,
                      including textures that are needed for the modded files.

We will begin with mh00_00_00. Load up one of the meshes, and insert any others you want.
                      Probably a good idea to view the entire set of meshes, to orient yourself.
                      You can choose to open a new doc, don't save the one with all the meshes in it when your ready to start. Make sure you have the door and closet door loaded.

Now insert the mh00_O_door01.mqo from the mh00_99_99 'original' folder. It will appear at the base of the door. This mesh is invisible in game. I refer to it as a target point, or action point. Even if you apply a texture/.bmp, it will not appear in the game.

Lock all the other meshes, 'select all' (door should be highlighted), and select copy. Then paste. 'obj1' will appear in your object panel. Again, you need to be somewhat familiar with Metasequoia if that didn't work. Just make sure the new object is seperate from the others. Rename it to mh00_O_door02[0].

Move it along the x axis in front of the closet. You can resize the mesh along the x axis to cover the width of the closet. No need to change the Y or Z co-ordiantes. I recommend you get the x co-ordinates to some rounded number, 10.00, -91.00 or whatever. It will make things easier.

You now have to write the doors co-ords on paper. We need the following.
                      X scale left and right.
                      Y scale top and bottom.
                      Z scale back and foreground.

That's a total of 6 numbers.
                      You should also approximate a number near the door. Facing the table in this room, as though you were standing in front of the closet. This is to get an idea of the co-ordinates you will need when transporting from the white room. 0x, 0y, -340z is about right. But it can be any combo, so long as it
                      is with in the rooms co-ords.

Delete all the meshes and materials except the new door mesh and material.

Save the file to your mh00_99_99 'modding' folder. Name it like the door, mh00_O_door02.mqo.

Repeat the process for the mh03_99_99 door. A little more difficult as their is not much to use as a reference. I would suggest moving the door along the z axis, to the back. away from you I chose -2500.00 on the z scale.
                      The boundaries for the White Room are approx -4750 to 1675 on the Z scale.

Write down those 6 co-ordinates.
                      The -2500 should be noted aswell, or whatever you chose.

Optional. Copy the new door and paste it, maybe move it slightly further along the z axis.
                      Give it a texture. Delete any other meshes and materials. Save it to your mh03_00_00 'modding' folder.
                      Name it what ever you want. I chose mh03_Otestdoor[0].
                      This can then be added as a new visible object (in the whiteroom) and will serve as a reference,
                      so you know where abouts the (invisible) door is. Save this optional mesh in you mh03_00_00 'modding' folder.
                      (You'll have to creat a entry in the object tree and import the mesh, add the texture, create the material etc.. We have to do that eventually anyways for other stuff, so may be worth the time.)

Step 4.
                      Modding the object tree and adding the objects.

Sb3Utility, open the js3_00_01_00.pp file. Start with mh00_99_99. Select the Object Tree tab. If you haven't used this before, well, I'll do my best.

Highlight the All_Root/Frame entry. Click the DirectX tab, far right panel. Make sure 'tree' is checked, click the add button.

Expand the tree in the middle frame, to the g_action/frame. We need to copy the 3 door frames over to the other tree.
                      Make sure you have the g_action/frame highlighted in the Direct X Object tree panel.
                      Select the 1st door frame in the middle panel and click add. Repeat for the other 2 door entries.

You should now have the frames in the object tree in the right panel, under the g_action/Frame.

Highlight the All_Root/Frame in both panels, click the replace button.
                      Right. Now rename the 3 new entries in the middle panel (at the bottom of the tree) as follows.
                      Select the door to rename and click the Frame tab in the right panel !

mh00_N_door02/Frame
                      mh00_N_door02_ZZZ017/Frame
                      mh00_O_door02/Frame

The ZZZ017 relates back to the js3_00_00_00.lst entries. That '17' is associated with
                      mh03_00_00.*. The white room, where we want to transition to, from this door.

Notice all the entries in the matrix of each of the 3 door entries ?
                      You may want to compare these numbers with the 1st 3 original door entries.
                      We need to change these numbers. But 1st, import your new door mesh, replacing the entry
                      mh00_O_door02 in the mesh tab. (this mesh was auto renamed when you changed the name of the frame.)

You can view the meshes and see where it put the new mesh. It is accurate, as it was in Metasequoia, but it isn't reflected in the matrix.

1. Original mh00_N_door02/Frame entry, and it's matrix.

2. Original mh00_N_door01_ZZZ017/Frame entry, and it's matrix.

3. New mh00_N_door02/Frame entry, and it's edited matrix.

4. New mh00_N_door02_ZZZ017/Frame entry, and it's edited matrix.

Refer to these images if needed for the following section.

So change the numbers in the matrix.
                      Start with mh00_N_door02/Frame.
                      I'm not 100% certain on this, more like 99.9%.
                      This frame defines the location of your door object.
                      The matrix has 4 columns, x, y, z and ?.

The first 3 rows deal with offsets, for orientation, or facing.
                      I'm unclear if the offest is based on your entry into this room, or on the entry from the room this object transitions to/from.
                      Plus I am terrible with math, numbers in general, and this sort of thing hurts my brain bad.
                      I can tell that if you use one of the doors, and don't like the direction you wind up facing when you arrive at your destination, it is these 1st 3 rows you want to change.
                      Play around with numbers afterwards, if you want to clear this up. And let me know : )

The last row is the location co-ordiantes of the object.
                      And you'll notice, the numbers are a decimal point off, from what we saw in Meta. Math... Anyways...

The original door is -25 x, 0 y, and -34 z.
                      We moved our new door in front of the closet, approx 0 x, 0 y, -34 z.
                      So enter those numbers in the last row of the matrix. Click Apply when your done.

Now the mh00_N_door02_ZZZ017/Frame.
                      This is your destination point, or target.
                      Again, the 1st 3 rows likely deal with offset, orientation, facing. Mess with them if you want afterwards.

The last row mark the co-ordiantes that the character will appear at, in the destination location, the whiteroom '17'.
                      Keep in mind, based on the *lst file we looked at, you could change the doors ZZZ number, to whichever location you want to go to. You just need to extract those meshes and orient yourself in Meta. Choose your co-ords and plug them in. You can have any transition point take you to any
                      xyz co-ord on a given map. The hill overlooking the pasture for example. You don't need a new door on the other end. As long as the co-ordinates are within the boundaries of the location, and likely in open space. Not half way into a wall like I first did.

If you moved the door we created in the white room along the z axis, type that number in the z column of the last row. x at 0 and y at 0. This should put you on the floor, dead center, somewhere along the z axis.

Working with the full set of objects in Metasequoia is important in understanding how to place your destination point. If the floor were at 200 Y, 0 in the matrix would have you appear below the floor, maybe crash the game, or who knows.

I had moved the door object in Meta to roughly -2500.00 along the z axis.
                      Remember that AG3, and SB3Utility translate that to -250.0.

Now the mh00_O_door02/Frame.
                      I don't think any of this needs to be changed. That may not be the case if the door were oriented differently from the original. I left it untouched.

Right. Repeat the process for the whiteroom, mh03_99_99.xx.
                      The numbers you plug in will be different, as will the names of the copied frames. The new ZZZ frame will be ZZZ005, the guys bedroom.

Save the .pp file.

Step 5.
                      AG3 Decrypt.

Decrypt your new js3_00_01_00.pp. Browse the new folder it created, and find the mh00_99_99.js3ap file. 'ap' for action point ?

Open this file in notepad.

You can see the entries for all the action points in this location. We are only concerned with the 1st, the door.
                      Copy the lines required for the door, including that # 7 at the end. Don't know what it does, but it is needed at the end of each door entry.

Change the names of the entries according to your new door.

Here is the door section of my mh00_99_99.js3ap file.

mh00_N_door01
                      -1.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
                      0.000000 1.000000 0.000000 0.000000
                      0.000000 0.000000 -1.000000 0.000000
                      -25.849627 0.000000 -34.964333 1.000000
                      mh00_O_door01
                      -32.719151 -0.628695 -36.317974
                      -18.985950 3.517787 -33.636723
                      mh00_N_door01_ZZZ001
                      -103.498772 35.748981 9.010572 1.000000
                      mh00_N_door02
                      0.000000 0.000000 -34.964333 1.000000
                      mh00_O_door02
                      -112.00000 -0.628695 -36.317974
                      138.00000 3.517787 -33.636723
                      mh00_N_door02_ZZZ017
                      0.000000 0.000000 -250.000000 1.000000

Now you recognize the 1st part was seen in the object tree matrix.
                      The 2nd part is the dimensions of the new door object. These are the 6 numbers we wrote down
                      when using Metasequoia. As follows...
                      x left, y bottom, z background.
                      x right, y top, z forground.

The last part, is the destination location as we saw in the object tree matrix.

Repeat the process for the mh03_99_99.js3ap file, plugging in the numbers for that location.

Encrypt your folder and your ready to test the changes out in game.

Further info about new user made locations.

I worked on the addition of transition points as a first step in adding new locations. I had my
                      doubts if it were possible, and since figured out that, while we can add new locations, they won't
                      function as we would want. This has to do with some of the other files like .js3ap. As you saw,
                      the changes made in SB3Utility were not reflected in the .js3ap file. Not a problem as we edited
                      that manually. But the same isn't true for the other files. We can not currently read/edit those
                      other files. *.col, *.js3krs, *.js3ors, etc...

One of them for sure, defines the walkable, or interactive boundaries of a location.
                      We can resize the boundary meshes in *_99_99.xx file, and replace the original boundary mesh(s).
                      But, those changes won't be reflected in the other files, and thus, have no effect.

Also, not all of these files are required for every location. Some deal with lighting/shadow and only
                      used for outdoor, or locations with windows.

You could copy a locations files, rename them and then pack them into the .pp file. Probably better to
                      create a new pp file. Add the 2 line entry to the .lst file, renaming as needed, 6th column entry of 18,
                      19 and so on. Change the object tree, especially the door names. Create a door anyhwere in the existing world,
                      and arrive at your new location. Make your own walls, floors, objects... replace the meshes.

Main thing is that you would have to shape your location according to the boundaries of which ever location
                      you copied from.

The lighting/shadow system is Whack !! The walls, floors and certain other meshes have duplicates, with
                      a grey scale tga material. The location animations cause the transparency to change over time, giving
                      the appearance that the room is darkening with the fading light. It's best seen in the japanese room,
                      the room with the wine bottles ? and sword.

If you wanted to create a new location, and have shadow/light changes... very tedious, time consuming.

Thanks go to the modder's at hongfire who provided the tools for modding. Everyone really, who has
                      interest in modding AG3, and those that share thier findings to encourage more mods for everyone.

Thanks for your interest, and my appologies for the off formatting of this tutorial.

March 08, 2008
                      OsirisReborn
                      Last edited by OsirisReborn; 03-09-2008, 07:22 AM. Reason: updeates

Comment

A golden ring addon to the Wurlox's guide.

Here I would like to present a short tutorial on how to create a texture for the golden ring from the excellent AG3 Mesh Mod Tutorial by Wurlox.

Tools Used: Adobe Photoshop CS3.

Estimated results are shown in the following picture:

1. Let us start Adobe Photoshop and create a new file:
                        File>New (Width=512 pixels, Height=512 pixels, Background White). Press OK.

2. Add a layer: Layer>New>Layer... (Color:None, Mode:Normal). Select this layer.

3. Use drop-down menu to change blending from “Normal” to “Hard Light” as shown in the following figure. It is important that blending is changed at this point and not later:

4. Use Paint Bucket Tool from the menu on your left. The button looks like, well, a bucket with paint in it. Sometimes, the button for the Paint Bucket Tool is under the Gradient Tool button. Click the Paint Bucket Tool button, go to the “Swatches” menu on your right, as shown in the following figure, and choose the “Pale Warm Brown” color. Fill Layer 1 with that color. Note that applied color looks different than the color shown in the “Swatches” menu. That is the result of the “Hard Light” blending.

5. Let us apply Clouds: Filter>Render>Clouds. Clouds are applied randomly, so you can undo and repeat this step for a better, brighter result:

6. Now, we will create an illusion of solid material with the “Unsharp Mask” function: Filter>Sharpen>Unsharp Mask (Choose maximum amount, Radius: 1.3-1.5 pixels, and zero threshold):

7. The texture looks almost good, but dull. Let us adjust brightness/contrast: Image>Adjustments> Brightness/Contrast (Move brightness slightly down to -5, -7, -10; and contrast slightly up to +10, +15, +20) to get more dramatic color:

Finally, save your texture, return to Wurlox’s guide, and apply the texture to your mesh. Play a little with the Shader menu in the Material Property window of Metasequoia to get different shading results.

Here is the result in game:

Most of all, have fun,

D.
                        Last edited by Dalia; 07-03-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

M100 AG3 Modding Tutorials.

There are 11 of these now.

Tools used overall :

Alamar's SB3Utility http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...19&postcount=8
                          AG3Decrypt which Alamar pointed out http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...19&postcount=8
                          Gimp http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/
                          Metasequoia http://www.metaseq.net/english/index.html

Credits overall :

- Credit goes to Alamar for SB3Utility, and AG3Decrypt.

Each Tutorial, rar file (note they can be multipart), contains the PDF tutorial, and most of additional files referenced by it (if there is an extra download link, it is indicated in the spoiler tagged text).

Tutorial #1 is modifying clothes with obin.
                          Spoiler
                          Tools used : SB3Utility

- Specifically to make the pants stay on, during h-scenes (as the pants are chaps).

- Credit to the maker of upjs3mod1115, and Balisarius for pointing it out.

Tutorial #2 is loading in new clothing into JS3_Make/AG3_Make.
                          Spoiler
                          Tools used : AG3Decrypt

Note: there are 3 parts to the rar file. I repacked the archive to include everything for the tutorial, including the accessory and corset mods.

- This one is large because it includes an excessive amount of textures and modified clothing. (version 1.1 of the accessory mod, with fixes for bugs found when making tutorial #3)

- If you can complete this one, you have all of the knowledge necessary to load almost any custom clothing item manually by yourself, without the need to wait for someone to wizardify it.

- Also, there is an introduction to creating new clothing slots (however there is a limit of 5 per each of the 5 groups).

Tutorial #3 is details about how to pull bits out of custom clothing sets and making new custom clothing sets.
                          Spoiler
                          Tools used : AG3Decrypt, SB3Utility and Gimp

Extra downloads that are not in the tutorial rar file : http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1525

Note: this tutorial, uses the clothing items installed in Tutorial #2.

- Basically you can pull apart anything that anyone makes and reassemble it with other pieces of clothing, either from the maker, or from other clothing sets if you want.

Tutorial #4 is creating a Mannequin, for use with later tutorials.
                          Spoiler
                          Tools used : SB3Utility and Metasequoia

- This is an introduction to Metasequoia.

Tutorial #5 is the extraction of UV maps, and creating texture transparencies.
                          Spoiler
                          Tools used : SB3Utility, Metasequoia and Gimp

- More of an introduction to Metasequoia, and use of the Mannequin created in Tutorial #4.

Tutorial #6 is the creation of new UV maps, and insertion of meshes back into clothing.
                          Spoiler
                          Tools used : SB3Utility, Metasequoia

(I did not detail the usage of Gimp, although I did use it).

- The Turban mesh you can find in Terumi56's post, in the clothing thread.
                          http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=71

- This is where things start to get serious in creating clothing.

- The project was to build the cap for a character called "May" from the "Pokemon" Anime.

Tutorial #7 is loading in another accessory set into JS3_Make/AG3_Make.
                          Spoiler
                          Tools used : AG3Decrypt

Note: there are 2 parts to the rar file.

- There are 79 new clothing items in this mod, with 37 of those in a single new clothing slot.

- The clothing items are not the sort of thing that everyone wants.

- Thanks to wurlox for permission to include his nipple shield.

Tutorial #8 is some of my potential useful editing tricks with the features of Metasequoia.
                          Spoiler
                          Tools used : Metasequoia (and SB3Utility)

- The assumption was made that the user already knows how to startup Metasequoia from earlier tutorials.

- I put some focus onto the Extrusion part of the tutorial, which I included the files for in the .rar download. The Extrusion tutorial is basically how to make a "quick and dirty" 3d mesh belt !.

- I have not created a sample image yet (there was no need to really).

Tutorial #9 is filling a request for a blank slate skintight costume for creating shibari (rope underwear).
                          Spoiler
                          Tools used : Metasequoia, SB3Utility and AG3Decrypt

Note: there are 2 parts to the rar file.

- dropped the step-by-step stuff again, and concentrated on the background, and things that I did to build this one.

- While I detailed how I built the costume, the purpose of this tutorial and the upload is to allow others to create textures to use with it. I recommend using Metasequioa for previewing the texture alterations, and I provided mqo mannequins with altered versions of the custome to help people who are going to produce textures.

- It is an overview of creating clothing from scratch, and then loading the clothing with textures into AG3_Make.

Tutorial #10 is the creation of multi-option clothing, map function overview, fixing material settings for .tga files and another clothing pack for JS3_Make/AG3_Make.
                          Spoiler
                          Tools used : Metasequoia, SB3Utility and AG3Decrypt

(I did not detail the usage of Gimp, although I did use it).

Note: there are 3 parts to the rar file. The only contents of the .rar file is the files for part 4, which are described further in part 5. The costume built in part 1 is included.

- The clothing pack installation (part 4), and the fixing of .tga transparences (part 3) is a set of detailed instructions meant for beginners.

- The creation of multi-optioned clothing is meant for advanced modders (part 1), along with the detail of the map function (part 2). I did not go into precise step-by-step depth for the 1st two parts.

- The last section (part 5) provides information about the clothing items, the textures made available, and their selectable options. This is because I included more clothing items (gloves and stockings) in the clothing pack.

Tutorial #11 is the creation of some bunny suits, and more information about the various clothing states, and lst relationships of AG3.
                          Spoiler
                          This is an informational only tutorial, focusing only on what was done. There are no step-by-step instructions in this document, and there are no files included for reference.

The associated clothing pack (and information about using the clothing) is in the clothing thread. Link to the post with the download files..
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by M100; 10-18-2008, 11:01 PM. Reason: Linking to the post that contains the suit from Tutorial #11

Comment

Quicky JS3 Wizzard Tutorial

Quicky JS3 Wizzard Tutorial

Thanks to the original author releasing the source code and the fantastic efforts of ruru, we now have a new tool for modding AG3 called JS3 Wizzard.

You can get it and more info here:

[Mod Release Thread](Illusion) Artificial Girl 3 (Open for business)

Not your run of the mill tool to say the least. It has an impressive array of capabilites; can not only apply mods much like Illusion Wizzard, but can edit various game files much like SB3U can, as well as edit the various character save files (js3cmi, js3up, etc.), edit the Clothing save files, the list goes on and on.

One of the coolest things this tool can do is mass apply a mod to multiple Girls, and that's what I am going to cover here.

For this tutorial I am going to use a mod from uppervolta, upjs3mod0231. It's basically an improved texture for the *ahem* "money shot" after the Girl spits out from doing a BJ.

I know, I am a sick little monkey...

Anyway, I assume you have by this point downloaded JS3 Wizzard (hereafter referred as JS3W) and have it installed somewhere on your HD. One of the folders you should have unpacked along with the rest of the program is one named "mod"

This is where you can put mods you want to apply to the game into. Unlike Illusion Wizzard, you don't leave them packed up, you have to unpack them.

But you can create additional folders inside so it's at least easier to keep organized.

So in this case I am simply going to create a new folder inside this mod folder and name it "upjs3mod0231" then I will unpack all the files from the upjs3mod0231.zip archive into this new folder, like so:

Start up JS3 Wizzard and where before you may have seen a blank screen in the "Mod" tab, you will now see that new folder, much like this:

Simply click the upjs3mod0231 in that window and you should see on the right side of JS3 Wizzard the "Text" tab open up like so:

It's the same text that came with the mod, of course it's in Japanese, but don't worry about it. The "Text" tab serves the same function as Illusion Wizzard's Info window. So if you want to creat your own readme for a mod, simply create any ol' text file and stick it in the same folder as your mod.

Also just like Illusion Wizzard, you can have sample screen shots of the mod and since this archive did include one, click the "Image" tab and you should see somthing like this:

Can have multiple screens if you wish and it will cycle through them, again, just like Illusion Wizzard.

To apply mods like this is super simple. At the top of JS3W, see the button "Apply Mod"? Click it.

You'll get a new window like so:

This window is fairly self-explanatory. Top part shows what mod you intend to apply, the center part some options, and the bottom part the buttons to apply (or cancel) the mod.

Here's where JS3W shines on its own. The file, ab07_01_03.tga is inside evey one of your Girl's .pp file. If you only have a few Girl's, this mod wouldn't be all that big a deal to apply using something like SB3U, but if you have dozens upon dozens of Girl's, you can see where applying this file would be a pain in the butt...

So, in the center part of the Apply Mod window, what I want to select is the "Characters" radio button (Step 1), Click the "Select All" button (Step 2), and just leave the "Replace (automatic)" option (Step 3) as is. Should be much like this screen shot:

Final step is to click the "Apply" button.

May take some time as the program has to go through all the Girl's files, unpack them, apply the mod, then repack them, and if you left the setting alone, JS3W will also make back ups of the files (nice eh?)

When it's done you should get a confimation screen that the mod was applied like so:

You'll be put back into the main screen of JS3W afterwards, and you'll now see a log of what was done in the lower right side of the main screen:

Done.

See...super simple, and modded all the Girls at once! How cool is that?!

Now, you may have seen in the Apply Mod screen a warning like so:

"Since all hairstyles contain objects with similar names, you should always make sure that you first select the correct hairstyle(s) before applying a mod. Otherwise you might end up messing up all the other hairstyles."

PLEASE take that seriously. We didn't have to worry about it in this case, but you may run into something like the warning says, so if you don't make ABSOLUTLY sure there aren't common files shared across the game files, you can SERIOUSLY fuck things up!

You have been warned!

This program is for the most part and is pretty smart about applying mods. It will in other cases look through the main game files and ONLY apply them to the ones that need it. That way it can save a little time and not have to unpacked every stinking file especially if it doesn't need to.

There's waaay more to this tool, and I may do some more tutorials and explore some of the more powerful features, but this should at least get you started.

Have fun!

I am also attaching upjs3mod0231.zip to this post, so you can apply the mod much like I did.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Removal of meshes from the AG3 world

How to remove things (meshes) that you don't want to have around in AG3 (for erochichi and any one else).

Get SB3Utility (read second post in this thread for links).

Start it up and click on the File option in the top left corner.

Open File: js3_00_01_00.pp (you'll find it in the AG3\data folder, if SB3Utility isn't already there)

Click on the file in the upper left window (under the .pp option), and you should see a list of .xx files in the window below (lower left corner). If you want to remove the pillows in the guy's room, scroll down a little bit and click on mh00_00_00.xx (that's the guy's room).

In the tall center window you should now see an object tree, and if you click on the Mesh option, you should see a long list of meshes. Scroll down to the bottom and find the one named mh00_O_kushion_H and click on the Remove button in the window to the right. The two floor pillows share the same mesh, so they'll both be removed. (How did I find this out? I had previously extracted the entire room and looked at the meshes in Metasequoia - I had no idea both pillows shared a single mesh.)

Spoiler

Now you go back to the File menu in the top left corner, and with Keep backups checked you can safely click on Save .pp and enjoy your new carpet sans pillows. Only the shadows will be left on the carpet texture. Want to get rid of those as well? Then you have two options, and the easiest one by far is to simply Remove the carpet mesh mh00_O_carpet_H the same way you removed the pillows.

The much more complicated procedure of editing the carpet texture would require you to go back to the center window and click on the Object Tree option, then click on the Textures in there, and pick the one named mh00_005.bmp. You should now see the image of the carpet in the right window. Click on the Extract button, and the file will be saved in \data\js3_00_01_00\mh00_00_00.

Now you can use an image editing program on the .bmp file to copy sections of the carpet to cover the parts that are supposed to be shadows for the pillows, and then use some kind of Smudge option or such to get rid of any ugly cut'n paste edges. It's not an exact science, so you can do whatever you feel like.

Once you're done messing around with the carpet texture it's time to go back to SB3Utility and use the File menu to Open file: mh00_005.bmp (if that's what you saved the carpet as).

Once the file is loaded you can click on the Img option in the top left window, and if you still got the mh00_005.bmp texture highlighted in the center window you should now see both textures in the right window. That's when I click on the Replace button and the new texture from the .bmp file replaces the texture in the .pp file. I'm not sure what the Apply button does - it certainly doesn't seem to apply the texture like it does in Illusion Wizzard. But what do I know?

Spoiler

In the picture I use a recoloured carpet instead of one with the shadows removed, because I have no intention of throwing away my pillows.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Gillsing; 10-11-2008, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X